Chapter 2

My Prince Charming

 

                The next day, Taemin was walking out of school when a bunch of guys surrounded him. They were from his class and they hated Taemin because all the teachers look after him and were always so nice. Today, it was even worse the teacher used Taemin as a comparison and gave them extra homework and a test tomorrow. The 5 boys surrounded Taemin and pushed him up against the wall.

                “E-excuse me, I have to go home. Could you please m-move?” Taemin squeaked out as he saw the boys moving closer and closer, forcing his back to be pressed flat against the wall. The boys just smirked and started cracking their knuckles.

                “I’m sorry, Lee Taemin, but after what you did in class today, it appears that you need to be taught a lesson. There’s no teacher here to back you up, and without them, you’re just a wimpy little ” the whole school knew that Taemin was into boys and almost everyone was fine with it, except for a selective few that were standing in front of him.

                “I think someone needs to learn that being smart and all is not always the best” and with that, a punch was landed on Taemin’s cheek, making him scream out in pain. Another boy kicked him in the stomach causing Taemin to groan and fall down to the ground. The boys continued to kick and punch him until a stranger came and stopped the fight.

                “Hey!! What are you doing to him? Scram before I call the police!” the boys looked up and saw two guys running towards them, they immediately ran away, leaving Taemin lying on the ground. The taller boy knelt down and gingerly picked up Taemin, carrying him bridal style to their car. The unconscious boy was still in the boy’s arms when they got into the car.

                “Hyung, where should we bring him? We don’t know where he lives” the taller boy looked down and saw that his cheeks were starting to bruise and there was a little blood on the corner of his lips. The shorter, puppy looking boy decided to bring him back to their house; they needed to treat him somewhere.  As soon as they arrived at the house, a few maids came to the door.

                “Master Jonghyun and Master Minho, what happened? Why is there a boy in your arms, Master Minho?” the maids wanted to take Taemin away but Minho insisted that he brought him upstairs. When they got upstairs, Minho placed him in his bed and gently covered him with the blanket. Jonghyun came in, followed with the maid and they started to slowly bandage up Taemin’s wounds. After a few minutes, Taemin’s face was free of any traces of blood and the bruises were covered in ointment, more than needed, but Minho wanted them to heal faster. Minho was hesitant, he knew there were more bruises on Taemin’s body but he didn’t know whether he should take off his clothes or not. Jonghyun just sighed and started to take off the clothes and Minho was right, there were more bruises on his chest and stomach. If Taemin was conscious, it would probably hurt to breathe right now.

                “Minho, there’s no point in staring. You’re flaming gaze isn’t going to make the bruise go away” Jonghyun joked as he saw Minho immediately pick up the ointment and began to gently rub over Taemin’s body, he couldn’t believe there was anyone with skin that could be so soft. Once Taemin was buttoned up again, Jonghyun and Minho left the room to let him rest.

                Minho and Jonghyun are not brothers, if that’s what you’re thinking. Their parents were partners in the company so they grew up playing with each other, they were inseparable, even until now they’re living in the same house. They both work in the same company and have similar positions so they always get to leave work at the same time. That was how they spotted Taemin being beaten up by a bunch of bullies. Kim Jonghyun was the older of the two, 22 years old, but sometimes you might think he’s playful like a puppy when he’s together with Minho, but when it’s business, he has no mercy. Choi Minho was 20 years old, his cold extrerior might seem a bit intimidating, but once you get to know him, he’s tends to warm up towards you. That usually takes a while so Jonghyun doesn’t understand why Minho was taking care of Taemin so much. Headmit he was really cute and pretty, but it wasn’t his type. Both Jonghyun and Minho are gay and their parents are fine with it, just as long as they get to meet their boyfriends and future son-in-laws. So far, they haven’t had a serious relationship where it reach the point of have dinner with the parents, it always end after the second date.

                “Master Jonghyun, the boy has awaken already” Jonghyun nodded and was about to tell Minho but he was already running up the stairs, leaving the puppy downstairs. When Minho entered the room, he saw the frightened boy cowering in the bundle of blankets, trying to figure out where he was. He tried to walk as slow as he can to not scare the young boy.

                “Hey, how are you doing? You’ve finally woken up; do your wounds still hurt?” Taemin looked up and saw Minho; he didn’t know whether Minho would hurt him like his classmates so all he could do was stareinto those big froggy eyes.

                “Did you hit your head and don’t remember what’s your name?” Minho reached out and Taemin’s cheek, making him wince from the bruise.

                “! Sorry about that, I forgot about your bruises” Minho saw the boy stare at him and he was mesmerized by those doe eyes, he saw something in them that he had never seen in his other boyfriends that he’d been with.

                “It’s ok, they don’t hurt too much” said Taemin in a soft voice, his eyes flicked to the door when he saw another boy enter, this one looking like a puppy. The shorter boy smiled at him and said that he’ll be back with some food, leaving the froggy boy alone with Taemin.

                “Why am I here? Did you bring me here?” Taemin asked and Minho nodded. He told him how he and Jonghyun chased his classmates away and by the time they got to his side, he had already passed out.

                “We didn’t know where you lived so we brought you here, don’t worry, we didn’t do anything to you. We’re not erts!” Minho tried to explain him that if he found his clothes was rearranged. Taemin giggled as he saw Minho looking flustered and embarrassed over his explanation.

                “I know you’re not erts, if you were, you wouldn’t have bandaged me up and helped me put on ointment. Thank you for that” Taemin tried to bow but winced in pain because of the bruises on his chest and stomach.

                “You’re very pretty” Minho suddenly blurted out, he cursed at himself for letting that slip out and all he could see was Taemin’s cute expression.

                “Thank you? You’re not so bad yourself” Taemin giggled and Minho laughed along with him.

                “Also, thank you for saving me. If you and your hyung hadn’t come along, I don’t know what wouldn’t happen” Taemin pouted, he didn’t know his classmates would hate him that much to beat him up. He knew that they didn’t like him so he would rather just have fewer friends.

                “It’s quite all right. My hyung and I always drive by your school when we go home. It was just today that we saw a fight going on so we decided to help out” it was kind of the truth. What Jonghyun and Taemin didn’t know was that every time they drove home, it was around the same time Taemin gets off school. So, every day Minho would always try to look for the cute looking boy among the crowd of students.

                “So it was kind of like saving a damsel in distress, are you going to be my prince charming?” Taemin blushed, he actually wouldn’t mind of Minho was his prince charming. He was handsome, kind, gentle and caring. He even looked like a froggy which Taemin found adorable.

                ‘If you want me to be, I’ll always be your prince charming, protecting you and saving you from trouble. Just call me name and I’ll be there”