Chapter 20

My Prince Charming

                For the past few days, Minho was trying to notice if there were anything different with Taemin. It’s not that he wanted him to vomit and feel like crap all the time, it’s just that both of them really wanted another chance of being parents again. This morning, Minho woke up to Taemin whimpering and crying in his sleep, it broke his heart seeing him like that. He woke him up after a few attempts and kissed his tears away.

                “Hyung, what if I became infertile? What if I can’t give you a child? Would you leave me?” Taemin knew he was being silly but he wanted to know, the nightmare had came into his sleep twice already and each time his heart felt like it was being torn out of his chest and stomped on until there was nothing left.

                “I would never leave you Minnie. I didn’t fall in love with you because you could bear children; I fell in love with you because of who you are. Even if you do become infertile, we could adopt one of our own. They would still receive both of our love, nothing will change” his thumb gently caressed Taemin’s cheek; he watched as Taemin closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep again. This time, he slept for several hours more with no nightmare.

                By the time Taemin woke up, it was already noon and Minho was nowhere in sight. He stretched for a few minutes in bed before getting up to look for Minho. He got up and realized that he was wearing one of Minho’s shirt and nothing underneath, there was no need to slip anything else on since it was only the two of them. He stepped out into the hallway and heard the shower running, deciding to give Minho a sweet surprise, he quietly slipped into the bathroom. He was about to slip in when he saw someone that wasn’t Minho in it.

                “AHHHH!!! MURDERER!!!!! GET AWAY!!!” Taemin screamed in a very high-pitched voice, making the other to cover his ears as Taemin randomly grabbed something and began to hit the person. He had accidentally grabbed the loofah and it looked like he was helping him scrub his body. Just then, Minho came running in and saw Taemin still screaming while hitting the random stranger.

                “Minnie! It’s okay, he’s my friend” Minho grabbed Taemin and pulled him out of the bathroom.

                “If we weren’t in this situation right now, I would so take you right now, but go and change before you catch a cold” Minho turned him around and lightly patted his . Taemin looked down and saw that his whole front was wet and stuck to his body. He squeaked and ran into their bedroom to change clothes.

                After 10 minutes, they were all seated in the kitchen, eating the breakfast that Taemin had made.

                “This is my friend Kai, he’s run into some trouble and I decided to let him stay last night. He called me late last night and asked if he could crash here. It’s only for a few days so hopefully everything would be solved by then” Minho introduced Taemin to Kai. He was like a younger brother to him at work so whenever anything happened, Minho would be the first one Kai would think of.

                “Sorry for intruding into your home. I had nowhere else to stay and Minho hyung was kind enough to take me in for the night. I’m terribly sorry for scaring you, are you all right?” Taemin waved it off and said that he was okay.

                “What happened last night? Why don’t you have anywhere to stay?” Kai looked down at his cup of coffee before looking at Taemin again.

                “I got into a fight with my boyfriend and I got kicked out. It was mostly my fault; I was too into work that I was neglecting him. When he pointed it out, I got annoyed and said some really rude things to him. He slapped me and threw me out of the house and told me not come back until I know how to love him again” Taemin sighed, he suppose Kai’s boyfriend was the bottom so that’s why he was much more sensitive to things like these.

                “Minnie, would you mind letting Kai stay here for a few days? He just needs to sort out some things and then he can go home” Taemin looked at Kai, even though he thought he was really stupid for talking to his boyfriend that way, he would like to see the couple together again.

                “I never said no and I would like to help you two get back together. There were only some misunderstandings that could easily be solved. Kai, you just need to know how to make your boyfriend feel special and that he’s your first priority, not your job. I like happy endings so please let me help you” Taemin heard a chair scraping and suddenly he was pulled into a hug.

                “Thank you so much Taemin hyung! Minho hyung is so lucky to have you as his boyfriend. When do you want to start? I’m ready whenever you are” Taemin lightly patted Kai’s back as he saw the flash of jealousy in Minho’s eyes. He was expecting Kai to let Taemin go but instead he started shaking him back and forth, thanking him over and over again. Suddenly, Taemin felt something crawling up his throat; he pushed Kai away and ran to the sink, emptying all that he ate for breakfast.

                “Minnie! Are you okay?” Minho ran forward and started patting Taemin’s back. Kai had a very apologetic expression on his face.

                “It’s not your fault Kai, we were hoping for Minnie to be pregnant again and this might be a chance for us but we’ll have to check with the doctor to be sure” Taemin looked up and was expecting Kai’s face to be full of disgust and disbelief, but he looked as if he heard it every single day that males can conceive.

                “My boyfriend is the same as Taemin hyung so that’s why I always wear a when I have with him. We both agreed that I need to save up more money before creating our little family” a light bulb appeared in Taemin’s head.

                “Kai, has it ever crossed your mind that your boyfriend might be pregnant? Condoms are not 100% guaranteed to prevent it, because if he is, he’s really sensitive to these things. It’s better to clear everything up before one of you does something that you’re going to regret your entire life” Minho poured Taemin and glass of water and helped him sit down on the chair. They have to think of a plan and quick, if Kai’s boyfriend is pregnant, not having the support by his side could seriously affect the pregnancy.

                It also reminded Minho about finding out whether Sunyoung had anything to do with Taemin’s miscarriage.