Chapter 7

My Prince Charming

 

                “Umma! Let’s hurry up and go meet hyung! I miss him so much” Taemin was jumping up and down, it’s been about 2 years since they’ve seen each other. When all three of them were together, him and Key would be the parents and Taemin would be the baby, they were always considered the cutest little family by their aunts and uncles.

                “Taeminnie, he’s arriving at 4:00, it’s only 2:30 right now. We have an hour and a half before he arrives. Do you want to do something in that hour?” Taemin thought about it.

                “I kind of wanted to visit Minho hyung and my puppy today, he told me before he doesn’t have work so I can call him and he can pick us up, but it’s too far” Taemin sighed, if only they lived closer to each other then they could see each other more often.

                “Did you think of a name for your puppy yet?” Taemin shook his head, he didn’t even know if it was a boy or girl.

                “Maybe you two can decide they arrive, I just received a text from Jonghyun and he said he’s coming over with Minho with the puppy. He keeps on calling me ‘yeobo’, doesn’t he know that I’m not anyone’s yeobo?!” Taemin giggled as he saw his umma yelling about Jonghyun even though he knows that Key has a little bit of a crush on him. After 10 minutes, their doorbell rang and Taemin quickly ran to the door.

                “Minho hyung! Appa!” Taemin yelled happily as he jumped into Minho’s embrace. It was good that Jonghyun was the one carrying the puppy.

                “Taemin, who are you calling appa? It’s just Minho and I, there’s no one else here” Jonghyun looked around; he was worried that Key’s boyfriend had arrived and was standing behind them.

                “I’m calling you appa, Jonghyun hyung! Since you like my umma, of course I’m going to call you appa!” Taemin giggled as Minho chuckled at his adorableness and sweetly kissed his lips. Taemin was suddenly pulled from Minho’s side when Key came to the door and saw his son locking lips with the frog.

                “Don’t you dare make out with my son in front of me!” Key screamed as he pulled Taemin behind him and used his body to shield them from each other.

                “Minho can’t make out with our son, but how about appa make out with umma?” Jonghyun stepped forward with the puppy and leaned in to try to kiss him. Key was about to smack him when Jonghyun suddenly held the puppy in front of him.

                “NO UMMA!” Taemin screamed as he literally pushed Key aside and took the puppy from harm’s way. Jonghyun quickly ran forward and caught Key before he fell to the ground, it was the very cliché moment where both of the locked eyes and they leaned in for a kiss. That is only if Key didn’t push Jonghyun away which he did.

                “Where do you think you are touching?! No one has dared to touch my without my permission!!” Key screamed as he continued to smack Jonghyun who could only defend himself. He tried to explain but Key’s hits kept on coming until he tired himself out. After calming himself down, Key went back to the kitchen to see if the chicken was ready or not and obviously, Jonghyun followed him like a puppy. Taemin and Minho was left at the front cooing at the puppy.

                “Hyung, what should we name our puppy? He’s like our lovechild!” Taemin kissed the puppy on the nose that in turn Taemin’s cheek, causing him to giggle at the wetness. Minho couldn’t believe what Taemin had said. Does this mean that Taemin has feelings for Minho that is more than just like? Minho was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a small hand grabbing his.

                “It’s your choice, Taemin. Name it something cute and easy to remember” Taemin furrowed his eyebrows which looked really adorable to Minho as he used his finger and lightly poked it, causing Taemin to playfully slap it away.

                “Why don’t we call it Minmin? It has both our names and since I don’t know if it’s a girl or boy, it should work for both” Minho nodded and agreed that Minmin is going to be the name of their ‘lovechild’.

                “I checked Taemin, our little Minmin is a boy, and it’s still a cute name for a boy puppy” Taemin smiled happily as he petted Minmin while calling his name. The puppy still hadn’t gotten use to name so it was only responding when Taemin would pet it.

                “Hyung, how old do you think Minmin is? Should we bring him to a vet tomorrow?” Minho also didn’t know, he looked really tiny so he thinks it’s less than 3 months old.

                “Of course, we have to learn how to care for our baby too; we don’t want him to get sick” Taemin giggled when he heard Minho referring their puppy as their baby. It sounds nice, like they’re one little, he wonders if one day they’re going to have a baby too.

                “Taemin, I have to leave soon. I promise my umma that I’ll be home for dinner so she’s expecting me to be home and help her go shopping” Taemin nodded, even though he was sad that Minho had to leave, he didn’t want him to miss his family dinner. Meanwhile, Jonghyun and Key were in the kitchen.

                “Yeobo, who’s this important person that you have to personally cook for them?” Jonghyun whined, he was jealous that Key was cooking for someone else other than him.

                “Stop calling me ‘yeobo’, I’m not yours!” Key bursted out as he went to check the chicken in the oven. Even though he likes the sound of Jonghyun’s voice calling him that, he couldn’t give in that easily.

                “But you’re mine! You can’t love anyone else but me!” Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key’s waist, surprising the younger boy as their position wasn’t the most appropriate since Key was bending down to look at the oven and Jonghyun was behind him.

                “Let go of me! He’s just my cousin; it’s gross to think that!” Key yelled as he lightly pushed Jonghyun away and continued to make the food. Even thought Jonghyun was still a bit jealous, he felt a bit better that the person Key was cooking for could not possibly become his boyfriend. He continued to lean on the counter and stared at Key cooking, feeling especially happy when he saw the boy’s cheek blush because of his stare.

                “I can’t concentrate with you staring at me. Do I have something on my face?!” Key panicked as he whipped out a pocket mirror from his back pocket and started to look over his face. Jonghyun used this chance to cup Key’s face so he wouldn’t be able to escape.

                “What are you doing?! Let go of me!” Key struggled as he tried to turn his face from Jonghyun’s gaze, but he had held onto both of Key’s arms.

                “Not until you agree to go on a date with me. I really enjoyed our date last time and I would love to go on another one with you. If you don’t agree, I won’t let you go” a smirk appeared on Jonghyun’s face as he saw Key actually thinking about it. He finally nodded and Jonghyun smiled and released Key but not before quickly pecking Key’s forehead. He wanted to leave their first kiss on their special date.

                “Yah! Why’d you kiss me for?” Key furiously rubbed his forehead but anyone could see that he had a huge blush on his face.

                “Don’t be mad, yeobo. I just wanted to kiss your beautiful forehead. Don’t forget our date, I have to go now so I’ll text you the time and location” Jonghyun lightly d Key’s before running out to the living room, leaving a fuming Key in the kitchen. After a while, Taemin came into the kitchen, his face was crimson red and he was slightly panting.

                “What’s wrong, Taeminnie? How come you’re breathing like tha- OH MY GOD!! IS THAT A HICKEY ON YOUR NECK?!” Key screamed as he ran toward Taemin and grabbed his neck. It really was a hickey.

                “Minho said it for me to remember him...” Taemin blushed as he looked down and started to play with his fingers. Key wanted to bring him back and slap the crap out of him, how he could taint his baby’s beautiful neck.             

                “Umma! Hyung’s coming soon, why don’t we meet him at the station? By the time we get there, his train would almost have arrived” Taemin was bouncing up and down, excited that his hyung was coming. Key looked at the clock, it was 3:45, and they have 15 minutes to get there. After making sure that stove and oven was turned off, they headed out. By the time they got there, the train had just arrived. Taemin and Key were looking for their clumsy hyung and found him when they heard that someone had tripped while walking down the steps. Key rushed over and found him dusting himself while looking around for them.

                “Jinki hyung!” Key screamed as he ran forward and lightly hugged him, the older was happy that he was able to arrive safely and at the right stop. He suddenly felt himself being thrown backwards as another boy flew into his arms.

                “Jinki hyung! I missed you so much!!” Taemin said while he hugged him tightly. Jinki’s other name was Onew but for his cousins, he would rather have them call him Jinki, especially his cute little cousin. Taemin finally released him after a few seconds and jumped down, still holding onto his hand.

                “It’s been way too long Jinki hyung! How have you been so far? How long are you staying? We made chicken, do you still like it? Did you miss me and umma? How was the train ri-“ Taemin was cut off when Jinki covered his mouth, he could tell that Taemin was really excited right now.

                “I can’t answer everything right now, Taemin. I’m doing pretty well, ’m staying for a month and a half, so 6 weeks. I obviously still love chicken, I missed both of you very much  and the train ride was pretty ok except my back is so stiff right now” Key laughed as he saw Jinki stretch like an old man, making groaning noises as he bend back, hearing cracking sounds.

                “Let’s go home, Jinki hyung. I made chicken to welcome you. You better eat everything or else I’ll skin you alive for making me waste all that time and effort making it for you” Key glared at Jinki as he laughed.

                “You never changed one bit, still have that diva inside you” Jinki felt Taemin link their hands again and smiled at the younger one, he was still adorable as before.

                “Oh, hyung, from now on, I can’t call you appa anymore. Umma has a boyfriend so I’ll have to call you uncle from now on” JInki bursted out laughing, he was being demoted but hearing that his cousin finally got a boyfriend was really great news.

                “Taemin! He’s not my boyfriend! I didn’t even agree to anything yet” Key lightly smacked Taemin’s head, making him pout.

                “But you’re going to dinner with him. Pretty soon you are” Taemin smiled brightly as he imagined going to dinner with Minho again. Key sighed and just led them back home, their chicken was getting cold.