Chapter 14

My Prince Charming

 

                Even though it’s been a few days since Taemin was able to go home, there were moments where he would think about the baby and end up crying. Today happened to contain one of those moments. They were sitting on the couch watching television; Taemin’s back was against Minho’s chest, and both of their hands entwined and on Taemin’s lap. The show they were watching had a commercial break and Minho decided to go get Taemin some snacks and a bottle of banana milk. When he came back, he saw Taemin crying on the couch. He immediately ran over and wiped Taemin’s tears away.

                “Minnie, what’s wrong? Are you hurting somewhere?” he shook his head and pointed to the tv, it was commercial showing and there were a long list of them about pregnancy tests, diapers and baby lotion. The last one was probably the one that made Taemin cry the most; it was about a woman hearing her baby’s heartbeat for the first time. Minho turned it off and pulled Taemin into a hug, even though the baby wasn’t in him for that long, he still felt attached to it.

                “Don’t cry Minnie. We’re still young, we could have 10 babies if you want” that made Taemin giggle.

                “What are you trying to do, build a soccer team? Don’t treat me like an umma pig, I can only pop out one baby at a time” Minho was happy to see that Taemin had calmed down and was joking again.

                “Hyung, you don’t think I’m a freak? I’m a boy and somehow had managed to get pregnant. Shouldn’t you be disgusted of me?” Taemin was staring up at Minho adorably. He’s not planning to tell Minho but ever since he came home from the hospital, he’s been having the same nightmare. In the nightmare, it was just like their normal life. The only thing different was that he suddenly had a big bulge and Minho screamed at him, saying that he was a freak and that he should get away from him as soon as possible. Taemin tried chasing Minho but the more he ran, the further Minho got. In the end, Taemin was left alone with the baby all by himself.

                “Of course not Minnie, I think you are an angel. So cute, innocent and kind, I think God sent you down as a gift for me. Maybe he realized that I love you too much so he wanted to share my love with another little Minnie. I can’t wait to see another little Minnie in my arms, calling me appa” Taemin nuzzled his head into Minho’s chest; he couldn’t believe how cheesy Minho was being.

                “If our baby was still alive, do you think it would be a boy or girl?” Taemin had thought about it but he wasn’t sure if Minho had. Personally he didn’t really mind, just as long as the baby was healthy, everything else didn’t matter.

                “It doesn’t matter to me; I just want our baby to be healthy. As long as the baby’s ours, it’s all that matters” Taemin felt the tears flowing down his cheeks, he hopes that his baby in heaven would be able to feel the love from them. Even though they weren’t fated to be a family, the baby would still be their lovechild. By the time Taemin finished his banana milk, which didn’t take too long, things were back to normal. When it was time for dinner, Taemin wanted to try cooking dinner. It was always Key in the kitchen so he wanted for once to do something for Minho. He was patiently waiting in the living room after Taemin had kicked him out, he was anticipating something delicious since he was Key’s brother so how bad could he get?

                “Hyung, dinner’s ready” Minho went into the dining room and sat down, Taemin brought over a bowl of noodles and placed it in front him. It was a bowl of ramyun, topped with two eggs and two octopus hotdogs. Minho could actually see Taemin bouncing, wanting to see if Minho liked it or not. He took a bite and it was the usual ramyun taste but since Taemin had made it, Minho thought it was the most delicious dish ever.

                “It’s delicious, Minnie. I think this has become my favourite dish of all times” Taemin blushed and sat down to eat his own.

                “Hyuunnggg! It tastes just like normal ramyun, how can it be that delicious? Don’t lie to me” Taemin pouted with his ramyun filled cheeks, making him look like an adorable chipmunk.

                “Of course I’m not lying to you Minnie; it’s your first dish that you made for me so already it’s special by itself. You spent so much time and love into making a bowl of ramyun for me, it’s one of a kind in the whole world” Taemin smiled widely and continued to eat, he watched with big eyes as Minho drank all the soup, leaving an empty bowl.

                “Hyung, you shouldn’t drink the soup, it’s full of msg!” Minho wiped his mouth and gave Taemin a big smile.

                “Why not? It’s my Minnie’s first meal for me, if you don’t want me to drink MSG, I could help you find some cooking classes. You could probably get Key to go with you too” Taemin thought about it and nodded, he wants to be able to cook healthy meal for Minho and their future child. Just then, MinMin woke up and came running towards Taemin, he hadn’t seen his small owner in a long while.

                “Minmin! Did you miss me?” Taemin giggled as the puppy came bounding into his arms and started his face. The puppy snuggled in Taemin’s arms and decided to stay there, Minho had went to the vet and found out that their puppy was a purebred schnauzer.

                “Minnie, you really look like an umma holding our baby. I can’t wait to impregnate you again” Taemin blushed and lightly smacked Minho, he could always change something sweet into something erted. Minho decided to drive Taemin home even though both of them would rather stay where they are right now, it was Key’s order and they wouldn’t dare to ignore it. Taemin petted Minmin and gently kissed his head before bringing him to his little bed, he got into the car and Minho drove him home. By the time Taemin arrived home, Key had just finished washing the dishes and dragged Taemin into the living room.

                “Jinki hyung, where’s Joon hyung?” Jinki looked up from his cell phone and smiled shyly.

                “He just left, Key told me to bring him over. It felt like I was bringing my boyfriend home for dinner for the first time. You wouldn’t know how nervous I felt when Key looked Changsun over, he asked some very personal questions that even I felt embarrassed about” Taemin felt sorry for Joon hyung, he knows how his umma can be. Just then Key came out with a bowl of fruits and sat beside them.

                “Taebaby, tomorrow tell Minho to drive you here. I have something to discuss with him” Taemin nodded slowly and looked over at Jinki, their time has come.

                The next day, Taemin had just gotten off class and was waiting for Minho to come pick up. He felt someone tap his shoulder and turned around, it was Sunyoung. Minho had told him to stay away from her but he didn’t want to see rude so he greeted her as usual.

                “Taemin, how come you didn’t come visit me since the last time? Did I do something?” she had a pout on her face, it didn’t match her at all. Taemin smiled politely and said that he was busy with stuff. Sunyoung was about to say something when someone ran into her and her bag fell open. Taemin bent down to help her pick up her books when he spotted a cream that looked very familiar to him. Taemin wanted to ask more about it when he heard Minho calling his name.

                “I have to go now Sunyoung noona” Taemin helped her up and ran towards Minho’s car.

                “Be careful Taemin, you just had a miscarriage. I don’t want you to get hurt anymore” Taemin promised and lightly pecked Minho’s lips, making him smile widely.

                “Oh hyung, umma asks you to drop me off at our house today. I think he wants to interrogate you like he did with Joon hyung last night” Minho was worried, what if Key didn’t allow him to be with Taemin anymore? On the way there, Taemin was talking about what happened in class, Minho was deep into his thoughts he just replied with either ‘oh yeah?’ or ‘mm-hmm’. When there was silence in the car, Minho looked over and saw Taemin with a pout on his face.

                “You weren’t listening to me! Is my life really that boring to you?” Taemin bottom lips quivered and Minho panicked. He stopped the car by the side and looked over at Taemin, he was cutely trying to wipe his tears away. Minho held Taemin’s hands and pulled his face towards him.

                “Minnie, I didn’t mean to ignore you, I was just thinking of what Key wanted to talk to me about. I was afraid that he might make me leave you and then I wouldn’t be able to see you ever again” Minho wiped the remaining tears from Taemin’s cheeks and it gently; he giggled at Minho’s cuteness.

                “Don’t worry hyung, even if umma does prohibit us to be together, just knock me up again. Then umma can’t stop us from seeing each other” Minho chuckled at Taemin’s choice of words.

                “Minnie, where did you learn those words? They shouldn’t come out of your beautiful mouth” Taemin blushed and grabbed Minho’s hand, putting it on his lap.

                “Hyung, I’ll protect you from umma because...I love you” Taemin said shyly, he ducked his head to hide his face; Minho felt his heart explode from the lovely and adorable words. He lifted Taemin’s chin and softly kissed his lips, they always taste so sweet to him. He felt Taemin respond, their lips matching perfectly. Their kiss got more passionate that Minho had pulled Taemin on to his lap; his lips were now on Taemin’s beautiful neck, leaving marks on it. Taemin moaned when Minho started nipping at his collar bone, he felt Minho’s hands going under his shirt, wrapping them around his waist.

Knock Knock

                “S-sorry to bother you but are you okay, s-sir?” Minho and Taemin looked out the window, seeing a female officer. She looked flustered, seeing their position and with Minho’s hands under Taemin’s shirt. Taemin immediately blushed and climbed back into his own seat, ducking his head down as if he could disappear into the seat. Minho rolled down the window to talk to her.

                “Oh yes, we just had to discuss something and I was afraid I would be distracted so I stopped by the side. I’ll leave very soon” the officer went back to her car and drove off. Minho turned to look at Taemin who was still blushing furiously; he grabbed Taemin’s hand and held it as he drove to his house.