Chapter 22

My Prince Charming

                Taemin and Kyungsoo came down after half an hour and Minho felt his heart hurting when he saw his swollen eyes.

                “Minnie, I’m sorry. Our baby wouldn’t want to see you this sad, please don’t cry” Minho opened his arms and waited until Taemin walked into them. He heard sniffles and felt Taemin cuddle into his chest.

                “Minho hyung, why don’t you confront her? Isn’t it better to know why she did it?” Taemin looked up at Minho, he saw him thinking about it.

                “Hyung, I want to know why she took my baby away from me. If she doesn’t believe us, we could bring all the documents with us. I’m pretty sure I saw a cream that was the same as mine. I want to know if she was the one that caused me to lose our baby” Taemin started to get teary again. Minho nodded and gently wiped the tears away from his cheeks.

                “Don’t cry Minnie, you know how I hate seeing you cry” Taemin managed to stop himself from crying except for a few hiccups.      

                “Kai, I’m going to leave now. Take care of your boyfriend and don’t let him get hurt anymore” Kai nodded and wrapped his arm tightly around Kyungsoo’s waist, they watched as Minho helped Taemin into the car before driving off.  As soon as they got home, Taemin ran around the house, trying to gather all the important information that they needed. He placed all the doctor’s notes and ultrasounds in an envelope before meeting Minho at the front door again. By the time they arrived, it was around lunch time and they were hoping that she was home. When Taemin rang the doorbell, he didn’t expect to see the couple that were giving him dirty looks at the restaurant a few days ago.

                “Who are you?” the woman asked as she looked Taemin up and down. Her eyes went to Minho and anger was seen in her eyes.

                “Hello, we’re looking for Sunyoung, is she available?” the woman nodded and said that she was her umma, she then led them into the kitchen.

                “Oppa! Did you come to see me?” Sunyoung was about to run towards Minho but then she noticed that Taemin was standing beside her.

                “Why would I come see you? I have something to ask you Sunyoung, do you want to somewhere more private or do you want to do it here in front of your parents?” her umma and appa looked at them and said for them to do it here.

                “Very well, don’t say I didn’t give you a chance.  Mr. Park, did you know what your daughter did to my family? Or did she make up some story to put the blame on someone else?” Minho looked at his appa’s business partner. He was a nice man but sometimes he spoils his daughter too much, leading her to become like this.

                “My daughter told me that some boy stole him from her and gave her gonorrhoea. I can’t believe you would cheat on my daughter Minho. My daughter’s been telling me how you confessed to her and have been going on dates and then all of  sudden, we see you hugging and kissing with this boy” Mr. Park angrily pointed a finger at Taemin. He didn’t have anything personal against him, he wasn’t even a homophobic, but as a father, he would naturally take his daughter’s side.

                “Minho, I remember how Sunyoung would talk so much about you. She was so in love with you, how could you do that to her?” Mrs. Park was always the nicer parent, she was easily swayed and a bit of a push over. Sunyoung used that to her advantage and would always walk over her.

                “Mr. Park, I think you’ve mistaken. Do you still have Sunyoung’s medical records of when she went to the doctor? I’m pretty sure she was prescribed with medication” Mrs. Park got up and came back a few minutes later with a few papers in her hand. Minho looked at it and pointed out that date that she went to the doctor’s and then he took out the papers from Taemin’s envelope.

                “According to the paper here, it clearly shows that Taemin went to the doctor a few days after Sunyoung did. Can someone please tell me how can Taemin give your daughter gonorrhoea if she had it first?” Sunyoung was starting to get nervous; she didn’t expect her parents to keep records of when she went to the doctors.

                “Okay, so? That doesn’t prove anything; it just shows that my daughter had it a few days before your friend got it. Now that we got that cleared up, why don’t you just leave us alone now” Minho could tell that Mr. Park was getting embarrassed. His innocent daughter had contracted gonorrhoea not because of Taemin but because of some unsafe somewhere.

                “I want to prove that your daughter gave it to Taemin. Minnie, do you remember if anyone else was in the house that day? Someone who would be able to help us prove it?” Minho looked at Taemin and watched as he thought hard. Suddenly he saw a maid walking passed the room and his face lit up.

                “HER! She was upstairs when I was cleaning myself up” Taemin pointed to an older maid and Mrs. Park ordered her to come close.

                “Mrs. Shin, do you remember if this young boy was in our house recently?” the maid looked at Taemin carefully. Behind her, Sunyoung was starting to get restless.

                “I remember him! He came to our house and he was soaking wet. Miss led him upstairs and I wanted to bring him some clean towels since there were no more clean ones. But for some reason Miss said she already gave him some clean ones. I’m pretty sure the last ones were used my Miss herself” she was dismissed and Sunyoung had a look of fear in her expression.

                “Did you know that it can be transmitted by sharing towels especially when the towel comes into contact with gentials?” Taemin started to get teary and Minho pulled him close.

                “I don’t get why you’re making such a big deal about it Minho. It’s just a measly disease, what’s so big about it?” Minho couldn’t handle it anymore and he exploded right there.

                “Not a big deal!? My Minnie was pregnant! But because he contracted the disease from your daughter, it increased his chances of miscarriage. Also, the day he miscarriage, a couple of men were chasing him and trying to kidnap him. I asked for someone to investigate and found out a certain Miss Park ordered them to do that didn’t you Sunyoung?” both her parents looked at her.

                “I didn’t mean for him to miscarriage. I just mean for them to scare him a bit so he would leave you. Besides, boys getting pregnant are a freak of nature. Losing a baby isn’t so bad, you can just get anoth-“before she could finish her sentence, she was slapped across the face.

                “Umma! Why did you slap me!? Are you crazy?” Sunyoung immediately ran over to her appa who sent a maid to get some ice.

                “Why did you slap your own daughter!?” Mr. Park loved his wife but he didn’t know why she would do that.

                “I couldn’t listen to her speak like that anymore. If we hadn’t spoiled her so much, she wouldn’t have ended like this. What do you mean losing a baby isn’t such a big deal!? If I didn’t have that miscarriage, you would have an older sister. Yeobo, do you remember that incident 20 years ago? We had just gotten married and I was expecting our first baby? I told you that I fell and got a miscarriage, but that wasn’t all true” Mr. Park was looking at his wife with soft eyes. That year was hard for both of them, they were expecting their first little girl but because of an accident, she was taken away from them.

                “That day, I went grocery shopping as usual and was heading back to my car. Suddenly I saw two guys walking towards me and I knew their intention weren’t good. I dropped everything and tried to run away. I had reached the main road when one of the grabbed me, I used all my strength and tried to get him to release me. Eventually he did but I end up falling backwards onto the road. I almost got ran over by a car had it not stopped fast enough. However, that was how I lost our baby. I later found out that it was from one of your enemies trying to get back at you” Mrs. Park was crying and her husband was trying to comfort her.

                “I’m sorry u-umma, I d-didn’t know” Sunyoung tried to apologize but her appa gave her a look and helped his wife sit down on the chair.

                “I’m sorry Minho, I didn’t expect my daughter to be like one of those men. I thought she was our innocent baby but I guess I thought wrong. Could you ever forgive us?” Taemin looked at Mrs. Park and couldn’t help but hug her. He walked over and gently wrapped his arms around her.

                “Taemin, my daughter caused you to lose your baby and you still forgive me?” Taemin nodded and just continued to silently hug her. He knows what it feels like to lose your baby so he can only sympathize with her. 

 

A/N Sorry for the really crappy chapter. I have a bit of a writer's block now so I had to rewrite a couple of times lol