Chapter 27

My Prince Charming

Check out the new poster that my dongsaeng made! Beautiful right? It's probably one of the best surprises I have ever gotten!               

 

  The next day, Taemin was looking through the mail when he noticed a very floral and beautiful envelope. He opened it and his face broke out into a huge smile.

                “Hyung! They’re finally getting married!” Taemin quickly ran to the kitchen where Minho was eating breakfast.  

                “What’s wrong Minnie? What’s that in your hand?” Taemin quickly shoved the letter into Minho’s hands as he sat down on the other side of the table.

                “Wow, can’t believe Kai is actually getting married. He’d better treat Kyungsoo right, I don’t want him to come once a month and scare you again” Taemin giggled as he moved and sat down on Minho’s lap

                “When are we having a wedding hyung? I’m not wearing a dress though, umma dressed me up enough times to last a lifetime” Taemin pouted, he still remembered those times when Key would trick Taemin into wearing a dress for banana milk and then take thousands of pictures, only to keep the best 20.

                “I’m thinking soon, we have to go to the doctor soon so if you really are pregnant, I want to have the wedding earlier so it would be safer for you and baby. I don’t want to risk you falling or being pushed when you are in the last trimester” Taemin nodded, he understood when Minho was trying to say and he thought it would also be best if he wasn’t showing too much to avoid any accidents.

                “We’ll first have to find out when we go to the doctor today, we don’t even know if I’m actually pregnant or not” they had booked the appointment yesterday and are planning to arrive a bit before lunch. After they finished eating breakfast, they both cleaned up and left the house. Minho parked right beside the hospital and helped Taemin step out of the car; they didn’t have quite a good experience last time when they were here.

                “Hello, we made an appointment, our name is Choi” the nurse looked at her computer and told them to sit down while they wait for the doctor to finish. There weren’t that many doctors that were in charge of male pregnancy since the percentage is still quite low.

                “LeeTaemin? The doctor is ready to see you” Taemin got up and went to the room with Minho beside him. They waited a few minutes until the doctor came in and sat down at his desk.

                “So how can I help you Mr. Lee? I can see that you had a miscarriage before, are you trying to figure out if you can conceive again?” the doctor looked up and saw that Taemin was nervously playing with Minho’s fingers.

                “Actually, my fiance is wondering if he could be pregnant or not. He appears to show the symptoms and they were very similar to when he was pregnant. We just wanted to make sure before we tell anyone” Minho gently rubbed Taemin’s shoulder and tried to calm him down.

                “I see, have you done any tests yet? I know some couples would do the home test and then come in to confirm. Not yet? Okay, let me get everything ready then” the doctor came back with the machine and told Taemin to lie down on the bed; he was holding Minho’s hand the entire time. The doctor was silent for a few moments until the machine stopped on a certain spot on Taemin’s tummy.

                “You see right here? There’s the little one. Congratulations, you are 3 weeks pregnant Mr. Lee” the doctor gave Taemin some napkins to wipe his tummy as he turned around to put the machine away. When he turned back around, he saw Minho wiping Taemin’s tummy while Taemin was crying his eyes out.

                “It’s okay Minnie, don’t cry. Nothing’s going to happen this time” Minho pulled Taemin up and wrapped him into a tight hug.

                “He had a miscarriage before so it’s natural that Mr. Lee would be scared this time. I can prescribe him some nutrients that could strengthen his body and the baby to decrease the chance of it happening” Minho thanked the doctor as he carried Taemin out from the room.

                “Hyung, are you sure everything’s going to be okay? Our baby is going to be fine this time?” Minho just rubbed Taemin’s back as he let Taemin cry his little heart out.

                “Minnie, last time it wasn’t your fault. It was an accident that caused the miscarriage; it wasn’t because of your body. I’m sure that if nothing had happened then, you would be a huge ball right now” Taemin lightly smacked Minho before burying his head into Minho’s neck.

                “We should tell umma and appa, I’m sure they would be happy for us as well. We also have to rsvp for Kai’s and Kyungsoo’s wedding and after that we’ll have to plan our own” Taemin giggled as he tried to imagine how their wedding would look like, he didn’t even notice that Minho had carried him out to the car until he heard the car door close.

                “Where are we going, hyung? I’m feeling quite hungry so can we go for lunch now?” Taemin rubbed his tummy, he was hungry but he also wanted to let his baby know that both of them would protect it and won’t let anything happen this time.

                “Sure, why don’t you call Key and Jonghyun hyung and tell them come out as well?” Taemin nodded and began to dial Key’s number but he the speaker phone. Minho was looking at it curiously until Taemin spoke.

                “Hello baby?” Key’s voice came from the phone and Taemin took a deep breath before speaking.

                “U-Umma...can we have l-lunch today? I have s-something to tell you” Taemin hiccupped a few times and tried to make his voice as sad and quivering as possible. As expected, Key started freaking out on the other side of the phone and quickly told Jonghyun to start the car.

                “Umma’s coming baby! Don’t cry, umma’s coming!” Key hung up as soon as he found out where they were going for lunch.

                “You’re such a tricky little kitty” Minho gently pinched Taemin’s cheek as they continued to drive to their destination. Just before they got out of the car, Taemin’s rubbed his eyes and nose a couple of times to make them seem as if he had just finished crying. Minho couldn’t help but have a little makeout session in the car with him, causing Taemin’s lips to be a bit pink and swollen as well. It turns out that Key and Jonghyun had already arrived as the hostess led them to the table. Immediately Taemin was engulfed in a tight hug, almost suffocating him.

                “Baby, tell umma what’s wrong, did stupid Minho hurt you? Umma will slap a ” Taemin tried his best not to burst out laughing as he stared up at Key and Jonghyun with his big watery eyes.

                “What happened, Minho? Why is Taemin looking so depressed?” Jonghyun didn’t want to see their son looking so sad and broken.

                “I-I...I’ll let Taemin tell you, it’s his body” as soon as Key heard that, his mind went to worst scenario ever.

                “Baby, are...are you infertile? It’s because of that isn’t it!? I’ll track her down and then introduce her face to a good friend of mine called Mr. frying pan!” Key was about to get up when Jonghyun held him down.

                “There’s nothing that we can do now yeobo. Taemin needs us right now, we have to be here for him” Key calmed down as Jonghyun loosened his grip on his body.

                “Baby, it’s going to be okay, you can still adopt. Don’t cry baby, you’re breaking my heart” Key held Taemin tightly and began to rub his back, trying to soothe his ‘cries’.

                “Umma, I have something to tell you. We went to the doctor’s this morning and we found out that-that...we are going to be parents” Taemin squealed out as he gave out his biggest smile. Key’s face went from shock to happiness to dark. Minho hid behind Taemin when he saw Key’s expression; it was always not good when he has that dark look on his face. Minho was silently pleading to Jonghyun to calm his boyfriend down.

                “Yeobo, please calm down. The important thing is that Taemin is okay right? He just wanted to surprise you, isn’t that right Taemin?” Taemin quickly nodded as he began to relax, seeing that Key was starting to calm down.

                “Umma, I just wanted to give you a surprise for always loving me all the time. I hope I can be an umma as good as you someday” Taemin along with his puppy eyes and adorable pout was impossible to resist. No one would be able to withstand it and Key can’t even count how many times he had melted in front of him.

                “Just because you are pregnant right now, umma will forgive you. BUT don’t ever joke about that ever again” Taemin nodded vigorously as he allowed Key to pull him into a tight and long embrace.

                “Congrats man, it’s nice to see Taemin smiling so happily after what happened last time. I hope everything works well this time” Jonghyun gave Minho a light hug with a pat on the back.