New Schoolyear, New Life

OMG So Awkward

 

-         August - Seohyun’s POV

 It’s the first day at school, in a new class. I see this as a new start. I don’t know most of the people of my new class, which is good because that’s exactly what I need for a new start. No s. Just new people that I’ll meet today. Yoona texts me.

Yoona: Let’s go to school today bb.

Me: Sureee.

Oh my God, I haven’t seen her for like forever. So Yoona and I go to school today with our bikes. We both feel like no one can stop us. We’re in 9th grade, 14-year olds. Unstoppable. At least, we feel like that right now.

 

We arrive at school and see our friends in the cantine. And my ex-bestfriend, Jessica. She runs to me. “Seohyun! Yoona! I missed you!” She hugs me. Yes. My EX-bestfriend. Where’s that ? Where’s that girl who’s your first choice. Because I clearly never was. Just go to her and be lesbian with her, Jessica. Nothing against lesbians but still.Yoona sees that it’s getting awkward. “Let’s go to our classroom, Seo.” “Yeah. Good idea.”

 

I meet Krystal, Sehun and Luhan here. I don’t like Krystal already and Sehun’s cute. But Luhan looks like there is something awful going on with his life. My other friends are so not satisfied with this new class. “Look at those s sitting there,” Yuri says. She points at Krystal and her friends. True. We all look sleepy and TOTALLY NOT into this. The teacher comes in. She’s a small one. She keeps and keeps talking like there is no tomorrow. I think that Taeyeon, my cousin, has really fell asleep. Omg. I sit next to Sehun, who asks for a pencil. So I give him one. After that, he just ignores me and gives me my pencil back.

 

But Sehun decided to not ignore me when we’re allowed to leave the school. He talks to Luhan and then look at me. “Aye Luhan. Guess we’re not the smallest of the class anymore.” “What do you mean?” Then he looks at me again. What are you talking about? I’m taller than you, just saying. Luhan laughs and shakes his head. “I’m sure she’s taller than us.” “Shh she’s not.” Yoona comes with an idea. “Then stand next to each other and see who’s taller! Jesus Christ.” She’s starting to get annoyed by the guys. This is actually pretty funny. It’s just day 1 and there are already guys talking to me. Wow. I’m clearly taller than them. Luhan admits that, but Sehun doesn’t. He shakes his head. “Okay okay you’re taller. Happy now?” I ask. Then he smiles cutely. “Yes! I told ya!” The girls roll their eyes. “Let’s get outta here, girls.” Yoona and I go to her locker. “So… you’re loved already.” “Excuse me?” “Of course. I mean, that guy is popular.” “Since when do you care?” “Since that he’s cute. You should go for him.” “What the hell it’s just the first schoolday. Chill. And I’m not interested.” “Too bad…” What does she want? I’m single jingle AND HAPPY GDI. “But… do you know what Luhan has?” “How would I know? I also met him today. We’re going to introduce ourselves tomorrow.” “YAY.” I don’t know but I’m really interested in this. He’s very nice. Maybe a little too nice.

 

Monday, 20th August 2012

Today has been such a relaxing day! Even though I saw those es again. Jessica and her new friends. Ugh, I don’t have to see her anymore. Never ever ever ever. Best friend my . Hey Jessica! I have new friends now! I don’t need you anymore. Omg I remember when I was her follower. Bad times. Bad Seohyun. I’m glad that I can think by myself now and that I can decide my life all by myself now. No Jessica anymore. Just me, Yoona and my other friends. I met my class today. Krystal… she’s such a . A pretty, popular . Sehun seems like a jerk, but I kinda feel attracted to him. I really don’t know why. And I think Luhan and I are gonna be friends. I mean, he’s so nice and caring and AWWHH he’s cute. I remember when Yoona and I told ourselves: “9th grade is gonna be our year!” I feel that that wish will come true. Thank God for this new oppurtinity. You always give me strength when I need it, Lord.

 

Krystal’s POV

I watched how Seohyun gets all the attention from those small midgets. Excuse me? I’m the one who should get attention here. I’m Krystal Jung. Hello? She needs to be burned.

 

On the next day, I’m thinking of a way to burn Seohyun down so that everyone will know who’s the queen here. Queen Krystal Jung. But when Sehuns about to get near, I close my books and everything. “Yo Kry.” “It’s Krystal.” “Yeah, whatever.” He winks at me. What. I see Seohyun looking at me. Thanks Sehun. You got what I want. Let’s be friends, Midget. But there’s one thing that’s kinda weird. My friends are like long live friends of her. I know that Taeyeon and Tiffany are her cousins, but why do Yuri, Victoria, Sooyoung and Luna like her? Were they in the same class together before? Seems like it.

 

But when I look at Luhan, there’s something weird about him. He really wants to grab Seohyun’s attention and Yoona’s approving it. I hear their whole conversation together. “So you’re half Indonesian?” He asks. “Yeah. So?” “That’s cool. Very cool.” Seohyun laughs a bit. “Haha I know that.” I have the feeling that those two are going to be friends. What do I do now? Maybe you should just let it go, Krys. Sure, she’s a danger to you, but it doesn’t hurt to let her be friends with Luhan, right? You have nothing with him anyway. He’s not your type. Let it go. But what really piss me off is: she hangs too much around with my friends. If there’s one thing I learned about this school is that there are groups. And she doesn’t belong in mine. She needs to learn the schoolrules before I teach her those. I’m about to do that soon, because she really doesn’t get it.

 

August ends fast. Before I realize, it’s September already.