Those Eyes

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

 

You arrived close to 12:00 pm on Saturday. You started unpacking all your things. Unlike the packing that took place the day before this didn't take as long. Once finished you went to the kitchen. Taehoon was there and he was going to show you where everything was, what he usually cooked, and other information. You spent the next two days learning, taking notes, and familiarizing yourself with the kitchen.

"For now the banquets are small", he explained. "But depending on how big the events get you can call for help. You also get bonuses..." You get excited when you hear you'll be receiving bonuses for banquets and extra pay if you use workers, but the extra pay only applies towards the helpers. Waiters were the Kim's responsibility, you only had to worry about the food.

He's nice and you try to take as many notes possible and learn as much as you can. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kai will be home from school soon, so I'm going to prepare a snack for him since he usually gets home hungry. By the way he's been a little upset these past few days, so don't pay too much attention if he ignores you or yells. He's actually a good kid, but feels uncomfortable with change. I think that's why he's upset because I'll be leaving soon and you're going to replace me."   

"What does he usually like to eat? Is he a picky eater?" You still had not met Kai. On Friday for your interview he was at school and he had left early Saturday morning on a camping trip with Taemin's family for the weekend. Since they arrived late at night on Sunday he called saying he was going to spend the night at Taemin's and go to school from there.  

"Kai has his moments. One minute he's asking you to make him one thing only to later change his mind and ask you for something different. But just have patience with him, he's still young." 

"How old is he? Five, six?"

"No he's..." Before he could even answer you received a phone call from Mirah.

"I'm sorry I have to take this call", you say before excusing yourself and walking to the other room. It was Mirah, you had not talked to her since last week. You had forgotten that you were going to call her on Saturday after moving in. You found yourself tired and busy with packing, moving, settling, and learning. "Hello unnie? I'm sorry, I forgot to call you. Things got a little busy."

"Don't worry about it, just wanted to see how it was going? Do you like it? Are they nice?"

"It's really nice, I like it a lot! So far everyone's been very nice and for rich people they seem to be nice. The house is huge with seven bedrooms, office, library, two dining rooms one just for the family and another that can fit 50 people, swimming pool and jacuzzi, tennis court, gym and I don't know what else. My room is on the first floor separated from theirs, it's between the kitchen and backyard. I have the jacuzzi close by and plan on using it haha. They said I can use everything I want as long as it doesn't interfere with my work.You two continue talking for a good 15 minutes before you hear Taehoon call your name.

"Miss Noh?"

You hung up with Mirah and went into the kitchen. 

"Kai will be here in a few minutes, please help me finish this up."

You finished preparing the food. Just then you heard the front door open and you two went into the living room. Standing in front of the door was a tall lean guy wearing a yellow uniform. Since the front door was still open the light of the sun was beaming in and he seemed to be glowing specially since he was wearing yellow. He closed the door and started walking closer towards both you. The closer he got the more details you noticed, he was handsome and you found yourself being captivated by his piercing eyes. 

 

 

"Miss. Noh", you hear Taehoon say. "Miss Noh."

 

"I'm sorry", you finally respond after getting out of your daze. "What did you say?"

 

"This is Kai Kim you're going to be in charge of cooking for him now."

 

"This is their son?" The way everyone was describing him you thought he was a child, but boy he was not! "Hello nice to meet you, I'll be the new chef. My name is...." Before you could even finish introducing yourself he walks between you two and slightly bumps your shoulder to move you away before making his way upstairs. 

 

"Taehoon I'm going to eat in my room, so bring the food up there." You hear him say.

 

Did he just ignore me and push me away?

 

Taehoon must have noticed the expression on your face and said, "Don't mind him, just remember what I told you earlier about him. Actually I prefer this Kai better than the childish Kai."

 

"Huh, I guess I'll have to make sure he likes my cooking."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week had passed by and little by little you started getting the hang of things in your knew kitchen. Taehoon was leaving you in charge of breakfast while he was still in charge of snacks and dinner. Kai hardly looked at you or paid any attention whenever he would come into the kitchen. He was taking Taehoon's retirement hard. You were getting a little worried because you thought of what was going to happen once Taehoon left. He's eating my cooking without even knowing, but what if he gives me a hard time when he finds out; I don't know how he's going to act once Taehoon leaves?

 

"Taehoon prepare something good tomorrow Taemin is coming over after school." 

"What would you like to eat?"

"Why don't you make some pasta."

"Ok did you hear that Miss. Noh you're going to be preparing pasta." Taehoon had noticed that Kai was still acting cold towards you and was trying to make him feel comfortable around you. 

"No, I don't want HER to make it I want YOU to do it." He quickly said.

"Kai don't act that way. Starting next week Miss Noh will be in charge of making everything since I'm leaving. Her food is really good, but you should know that you've been eat..."

You quickly interrupted Taehoon, you weren't in the mood to hear Kai's complaints and tantrums. "It's ok Taehoon you can cook tomorrow for Kai and his friend." After Kai had left you pulled Taehoon into the kitchen and tolled him that you wanted to be in charge of making the food tomorrow, but that you didn't want Kai to know. You wanted to prove to him that you're cooking was good.

 

 

The next day you started getting everything ready an hour before Kai arrived from school. Taehoon was there too, but he was only washing, pealing, and cutting whatever vegetables you needed. You were in charge of cooking it all. You finished a few minutes before Kai arrived and little by little started taking everything to the table. You made everything from the food to bread and drinks. Although you liked soft drinks, but you preferred homemade natural drinks. You actually liked everything homemade, you didn't like frozen dinners or canned food. When you went into the kitchen again to get the last dish you heard the front door open. You knew it was Kai because he came in talking and laughing. It was the first time you heard him sound like a regular teenager. You heard a second voice and figured it was his guest. You asked Taehoon to take the last plate out while you cleaned the kitchen.

 

 

"Taehoon the food came out really good! I mean it was good before, but this time it tastes even better!" Taemin said. 

"Yes Taehoon this time it came out extra good." He says before putting a spoonful of food in his mouth.

"I'm glad you liked the food, but I didn't make it. It was Miss Noh." Kai took the spoon out of his mouth and made a face of disbelief.

"Who's Miss. Noh?"

'She's the new chef that's going to be replacing me once I retire."

"Kai you didn't tell me you were getting a new chef."

"I'm not getting a new chef!" Kai screams at Taemin. "Taehoon isn't going to retire and she's going to leave soon!"

Taemin jumped back a little, but just brushed it off. He ignored Kai; he knew how childish he could turn whenever he was upset.

"Where is she I want to meet her and tell her how good the food was."

"She's in the Kitchen" Taehoon says.

 

 

You were washing your hands in the kitchen when you hear a soft voice ask, "Are you Miss Noh?" 

(Play music) http://youtu.be/FsJ1zhA-U-s

The second Taemin saw you turn time slowed down. From a window rays of sunlight came in hitting your face causing an angelic glow on your face.

 

"Yes, that's me." you say while completely turning around and facing him.

"Ah..." he clears his throat before answering, "I just wanted to say that we really liked your cooking." He says with blushed cheeks and a whisper.

"Really!? Thank you, I'm glad you guys liked it."

"Yes it was delicious! I think your cooking is the best I've had." He says in a more relaxed voice. "I think I'm going to come here more often to eat."  Even though he liked the food, but that wasn't the only reason as to why he wanted to come more often.

"Awe~ you're being nice. Thank you, if you want you can come here everyday and I'll make you something good to eat." You say in a playful tone.

"Really!? Then I'll come everyday!"

"Yeah if you like it so much, I'll cook for you. You're probably gonna be the only one eating my food since Kai doesn't want to eat it."

"He was eating it right now and said it was good, but stopped when he found out you made it. He's so childish I don't know why he's making a big deal about eating your cooking."

"Oh so he liked it." You say under your breath with a smile.

"What you say?"

 "Huh? Oh nothing. I just thought about giving him some time to get adjusted to me, but now I know he likes my cooking." It got quiet and you started feeling a little awkward since Taemin wouldn't stop staring at you with a big smile. So you finally asked,  "So you're Kai's friend?"

"Oh I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Taemin Lee."

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Lina Noh, but call me noona and I'll take care of you." You say with a caring smile.