"Only Because It's You"

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

 

"I got a missed call and message." You noticed the missed call from the restaurant you applied for. "l'm too nervous to check, but I'm sure I'm gonna get it this time." You thought to yourself. "I mean they said they liked the samples." 

You had just graduated from culinary school five months ago and was looking for a job, but so far nothing. Your resume was very impressive, since getting into college was going to be difficult for you, you knew you had to work extra hard. That meant volunteering in any kitchen and catering event, even if it meant no pay. You were just trying to get as much experience and good recommendations as possible. Due to this you were always on top of your class and you were able to graduate early.

The message said, "Hello Miss. Noh, we're calling from La Bella restaurant. We reviewed your application and resume. Even though your resume is very impressive, but at this time we are looking for someone with more experience since one of the main duties requires the chef to be completely in charge of the kitchen. Thank you for your time."

"Of course, if my resume is impressive why can't they just give me the job?! How am I suppose to gain any experience if no one is willing to give me an opportunity?!" Just then you received another call. "Great, here's another restaurant calling to reject me." You looked at the caller ID and noticed it was your best friend Mirah. "Hey Mirah unnie..."

"Lina I need to ask you a favor..." A desperate husky voice on the other end said.

"Unnie are you ok? You sound sick."

"I caught the flu, but don't worry about me. I need you to do me a big favor."

"Sure if I can. What is it?"

"Take over my kitchen tomorrow, please. I can't loose this account." Mirah was two years older than you and was already running a small, but successful catering business. You two have been best friends ever since you first got into culinary school. You two were really close, which was rare for you since you're not a people person. You didn't need a thousand "friends", you were happy to have one good reliable friend and Mirah fit that profile perfectly.

 

"Are you serious? You're asking me now!?"

"Yes, I know it's last minute, but Lina please. This account is worth one third of my paycheck for the entire year! I can't lose it!"

You panicked for a second, but you were already use to difficult situations. 

"Ok fine, but only because its you." 

"Thank you, I owe you."

"Don't worry about it, just rest and I'll take care of everything. I'll pick up some medicine and I'll be at your house in 10 minutes."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day you got up extra early so you could get everything ready for the busy day. It was going to be a small gathering taking place at a home, but just because it was small didn't mean you could treat it any less important. This gathering was in honor of the top five rising businesses in Korea. Each consisting of two to three members, that meant you were in charge of feeding between 18 to 25 people. You did not want to mess this up. Not only for you, but for your friend.

Upon arriving you already knew what had to be done, you had planned everything the night before. You started getting everything prepared from the ingredients to the fish and meat. There wasn't much help in the kitchen except for you and your friends assistant, since she mostly catered for small events she didn't need that much help and when she did she would ask you. You two were busy getting everything ready and even though you had help, but she was only an assistant who made sure you had everything at hand from clean pans to ingredients. However, YOU were in charge of preparing and cooking the food. Although it was going to be a challenge, but you knew you had this. You challenged yourself constantly and whenever things became difficult you didn't like to give up because you knew that once you accomplished it; you would be invincible. Challenges were not to show off to others what you could do, they were mostly for yourself, you wanted to see how far you could actually go, how truly capable you were. 

 

After two very hectic hours, you finally finished cooking all the food. Waiters kept coming in and out. When you were finally able to relax a little a waiter came in saying that one of the guests wanted to talk to you. Your first thoughts were, "Did they not like the food? Are they going to complain? I can't ruin this for Mirah." You reached for a pan to look at your reflection and tried to fix yourself up a little before making your way into the dinning room.

"Hello, did you ask for me?"

A handsome man in his late 30's looked at you and didn't say anything for a couple of seconds and then said, "No, we asked for the chef, the person who made the food." Even though he was older, but you knew he must have been a very handsome young man. Not only that, but the way he carried himself and his style alone made him a very handsome gentleman.

"Yes, that's me, I'm tonights chef. Hello my name is Lina Noh."

He continued, "You're the chef? You're just a child. How old are you 18, 19?" You were use to people thinking you were younger than what you actually were.

With a smile you say, "Hm yes, I get that a lot, but I'm actually 22. I finished school earlier than my classmates because I wanted to start my career as soon as possible."

"That's very impressive, we were told you also own this catering business. For someone so young to have her own successful business right out of college shows that you know what you want and are taking your future serious." A very polished and classy woman in her late 30's as well complimented. You figured it was his wife since they were sitting together. (More on their personal story later) "We also started our personal business at a young age, so we understand how difficult it can be. Enough of that, we called you over to compliment you on tonights cuisine, it was exquisite." 

"Thank you so much for the compliments, however this is my friends business. She got sick and was unable to make it and asked me to take over her kitchen. I'm actually not employed at the moment."

"Really? We are actually looking for a personal chef not only for our home, but since our business requires us to have several banquets a month and our regular chef will soon retire we are looking for a new full time chef. Would you be interested?" 

This is it! This is what you've been waiting for, all those months looking and never finding a job was over! Not only was it a job, but from the looks of it this could kick off that future that you've been wanting for a very long time. "Yes! I'm very interested! What do I need to do?"

"Fantastic! Send us a copy of your resume and diploma and we will continue with the process. Here's our business card, send everything to this address. Since we already tried your cooking you don't need to submit any samples."

"Thank you! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity! I'll have everything ready by tomorrow!"

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: Ok so so far it's a little boring, but it will get better (I hope lol ^^). What do you guys think of the color code? Do you like it? Should I keep it or get rid of it?

Thanks for your input^^