"Working" Man

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

*** AN: Hello everyone! I changed the title from '누나 사랑해 (Noona Saranghae)' to 'Noona, will you ever love me?'

How are you guys liking the story so far? Please let me know, thank you^^ ***


 

 

You come back to work refreshed after spending a week away.

Kai is hanging around you a lot saying you were gone too long and that it was boring. And to think I wanted him to like me and not ignore me. I think I liked him more when he didn't talk to me. Since he was still in summer vacation he didn't have much to do. Although he did go out, but most of the time he hung around the house. Or rather around the kitchen where you were most of the time.

 

"Go do something productive instead of hanging around me. Acquire some skills."

"Everything else is boring. And plus I already told you I don't need to acquire any skills. I'm rich and eventually my parents will pass down the company to me."

"You know how unattractive that sounds. No girl will like you if you don't have any skills. Besides are you really going to be happy with being passed down your family company? Don't you want to have something that's only yours? Don't you want to feel proud about something? I mean look at your parents, they started that company. They worked hard to get to where they are."

"Noona you talk a lot. You always have something to say."

"Aigoo~ fine I'll stop for now. But if you're going to hang around me you're going to be useful. Here start cutting this."

"I don't know how to cut this."

"Well you're going to learn right now."

You teach him how to cut, chop, and tell him all the different rules of cooking. He only looks at you asking a few questions here and there, but mostly lets you talk. He liked to see how passionate you were about cooking. He does minor things like take things out of the refrigerator, wash vegetables, and since you taught him how to chop he did that too. Finally you were finished with everything. 

"Ok we're finished, now we can eat."

'You know this was actually kind of fun."

"I know" You say with a playful smile. "You see I told you."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now Kai starts "helping" you a lot more in the kitchen, well more than before when he was just hanging around doing nothing. He must of liked that you taught him a few things because he asked you to teach him more.

 

"Taemin is coming over. I told him you were teaching me how to cook so he wants to learn too."

"Cool! sounds like fun!"

"Why do you sound so happy to hear he's coming?"

"Because I like Taemin, he's fun."

"And I'm not fun? You don't like me?"

"No, I like him better." You were joking of course, but it was fun making him mad.

"I don't know what's so special about him." He says under his breath.

"Aigoo, are you getting mad? I was just kidding. I like you both." 

"Yeah whatever."

You continue cooking and he continues washing the vegetables. It gets quiet so after a few minutes you say.

"So when is Taemin coming?" 

"Tomorrow."

You asked him a few more questions and every time he would be short with you. You didn't think anything of it at first, but then you noticed he wasn't talking at all unless you asked him a question. You asked if there was something wrong, he said no. But you knew something was wrong. Is he upset because I told him I liked Taemin better? No~. I have to be sure though. I'll ask him another question about Taemin.

 

"So what's Taemin been doing lately?"

"I don't know! Why don't you call and ask him since you two are best friends."

"Kai why are you getting mad? Are you upset because I said I liked him better?"

"I don't get it? Why do you like him more than me?"

"Omo Kai, it was a joke" You say while laughing a little and walking towards him. You pat his back and say, "I like you too."

"I don't believe you."

"Aigoo well it was a joke." You learned how much of an effect food has on people, so you gave him a chocolate. Sweets are known to have a positive effect on people. "Here eat this." 

"No I don't want to."

"Oh my goodness Kai, here." You say while putting the chocolate in his mouth. "Don't be such a baby."

You go back to your spot and continue with what you were doing. After a few minutes you see he's still a little upset so you say.

"Do you want me to say I like you best? Huh? Is that going to make you feel better?...Fine, I like you better. Happy?"

"Yes." He says with a shy smile. You look at him and scoff, but smile as well. This boy.

 

 

*** AN: I got lazy and didn't proof read that much. Sorry if there's any mistakes. ***