Moonstruck

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

*** What ever is in this font are flashbacks ***


 

 

Kai's POV (through out the night)

*** You look over at Kai and smile. He looks away shyly and after a few seconds says he's going to get some drinks. You notice that on the car ride there he was quieter than usual, but you didn't think it was a big deal. ***

Why am I feeling like this?!

 

*** While you and Kai are waiting for the next available taxi you notice he is quiet and also seems to be avoiding you. *** 

She's so pretty just standing there. No..no..I'm just confused! This feeling is going to go away in a few days. Yeah, yeah it has to go away.

_________________

 

The next day you wake up close to eight in the morning. You were surprised because Kai doesn't wake you up like he usually does demanding breakfast. Is he still sleeping? Since you think he's still asleep go don't bother to change. The only thing you do is pull your hair up in a ponytail, brush your teeth and face. You go over to the kitchen and find him in there already eating.

"Hey, you're up? Why didn't you wake me up?" 

"Oh sorry. Did you want me to wake you up?"

Has she always been this pretty? What am I thinking?!

"Now that I think about it not really. Haha thanks for letting me sleep in...

So you made breakfast?" 

"Yeah I couldn't wait for you to wake up."

"What time did you wake up? I mean this usually takes a while to make." 

"I couldn't sleep so I got up early and made it."

"Well look at that. You see I told you learning how to cook would come in handy."

"Yeah I guess so."

You wash your hands and sit next to him. He's a little startled because he feels you're a little too close. Now that he's aware of his feelings towards you he notices all the small details and starts over thinking things.

"Wah it looks so good! Chalmogesupnida~"

"I have to go."

"What? But you're not done eating."

"I'm not that hungry and I have to do something."

"Ok well I'll see you later." You say with a smile.

He notices your eye smile, you always smile like this, but now it's different.

She has such a cute face and her eye smile. Will you stop being so cute!

 

Lunch time comes around and no Kai. Then a couple more hours pass by and no Kai. You send him a couple of texts to see where he is and if he's ok. You get a little worried because although he does go out, but never this long. He texts you back and let's you know he's ok. Finally he comes back around dinner time.

 

A couple days pass by and it's the same routine. Kai no longer wakes you up, leaves right after taking a few bites of breakfast, and returns during dinner time and sometimes even later.

Why isn't this feeling going away? Get out of my head!

Kai was having trouble accepting his feelings. He had never felt like this before. The constant butterflies in his stomach, smiling like an idiot while remembering all those moments you had together (when you grabbed his arm while riding the rollercoaster, when you tried to cover his mouth so he wouldn't embarrass you in front of Taemin, the one time you acted cute to get your way and the other moments you acted cute without knowing, and recently that moment before the dance club), and now even more sleepless nights all because of you.

You feel there's something wrong with him because he seems to be avoiding you and doesn't hang around you like he use to.

 

 

"Aren't you going to help me in the kitchen today?" 

"No, I can't I have to do other things."

I can't be around her right now, but she's so pretty. NO, stop it Kai!

What's wrong with him. He's been quieter and distant lately. Why? Did I do something wrong?

 

 

The next couple of days you two run into each other, but don't talk much. You smile and try to act like everything is normal. Kai sits down to eat. At times you notice he wants to say something, but doesn't. His eyes look really tired, not only his eyes, but his voice and spirit too.

I miss talking to her and hanging around, but no I can't. I can't allow myself to feel this way. 

 

You try to make conversation with him like you use to. You miss talking to him about different things and also about nothing. You start getting a little annoyed because he doesn't want to talk to you. You ask him if anything is bothering him, but he says no and leaves.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had enough! He's been acting like this for a week. I have to find out what's wrong with him and where he's going all the time!

One day you stop him right before he goes out and ask him sincerely what is wrong. He doesn't say anything and tries to go around you, but you get mad and say, "Kai, stop acting like this! Tell me what's bothering you!" He stands there for a few seconds looking down at the floor. You get closer and put your hand on his shoulder, "I'm worried about you, I just want to help." 

"I told you not to touch me!" With that he pushes your hand away and leaves.

Fine, you want to push me away? I'll give you space for now, but I'm still going to figure out what's wrong with you.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai has taken up dancing again. He had stopped in order to hang around the house and you more, but once he realized how he felt he wanted to keep his distance and his mind busy with other things.

Kai and Taemin are hanging out and practicing at their studio, but he's distracted. He's getting the dance steps wrong and is starting late. He also seems to be in a bad mood. Taemin asks if there's anything wrong, but Kai says he's fine. However, after 30 minutes Kai is still the same, Taemin notices and says,

"Come on, we're best friends. You've always told me your problems."

"It's nothing. I just haven't been sleeping good lately."

"I know there's something wrong besides that. Just tell me."

"I don't want to talk about it!"

"OK fine. Whatever you want."

 

They continue practicing for a few more minutes when all of a sudden Kai says,

 

"I like her."