411

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

 

Kai's parents were good people although they were busy business people. Kai's mom would call you every once in a while to check up on him. She would tell you to take good care of her son. Sometimes you could hear sadness in her voice. Although she didn't tell you, but you knew she wanted to be with her son and take care of him. The more you talked to her the more you realized how much she wanted to be part of her son's life. At first you thought they didn't care about their son, but little by little you noticed how much she worried and cared for him. You weren't sure what to say to her, but you always told her not to worry and that he was adjusting fine. The last time you talked you told her you were teaching him how to cook a few things. She laughed at the thought and thanked you.

Now you were interested in getting to know your employers. When you first started working for them their personal lives weren't your main concern, but the longer you worked the more you became interested. You wanted to work as long as you could for this family since you wanted to get your family and yourself out of dept and put your sister through college. Getting to know them was part of creating a happy, trusting, and caring environment during your stay. 

You remembered Mirah knew a little bit about this family so you asked her. While Kai was helping you in the kitchen you asked him a few questions too, sneakily of course. You also looked up information online. (AN: You sound like a stalker lol but you're not, I promise.) Before you only knew that they came from rich families, but branched out to start their own business.

They were really young when they got married, only 18.

Wow, Mr. Kim is very smart! To start a business at such a young age is very impressive. Not too many people could do what he did.

Mrs. Kim volunteers and gives aid to all of these groups? She is a caring person.

And just like that after working for them for four months you started to get to know them more.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You want to know another reason why I like cooking?"

"Sure."

"Because when I was young we use to cook together as a family. It's one good memory I have."

You told him this because you were interested in knowing what kind of relationship he had with his parents. He didn't say anything for a while, but then...

"My parents use to spend a lot of time with me. My mom was always home taking care of me and even though my dad was busy, but he always made time for me....

It's not like that anymore."

"I'm sorry to hear that. But even with your parents' absence you still managed to grow up pretty well." You go over to him and rub his back while saying this. He can see the sincerity in your eyes. "A little immature, but still good." You laugh.

"Yeah yeah..." He smiles weakly. "I don't need them anymore so it doesn't matter if they're here or not."

Although he sounded convincing, but you could tell by the way his expression and body language changed that it did matter.

 

Kai told you stories about his childhood and how happy he was with his family. He would light up whenever he told you those stories. He would get happy remembering those memories, but was always followed by a sad face. After that he would say he had to leave from the kitchen. You felt his sadness, and let him go. You two were the same. You lost your mother because she walked out on you and your father was too sick to pay attention. Kai had lost his parents to their work. That's why at the end of the day although you found his immaturity annoying, but it made sense. He was left as a child and was still stuck there.

 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Something changed in him. He couldn't put his finger on it and was getting frustrated. He was now very watchful of himself whenever he was around you. He felt embarrassed over certain things, things he didn't care about before. He didn't want to appear weak or foolish in front of you, he cared what you thought of him.
 
You noticed he was acting a little different so you asked him if anything was wrong. He said everything was fine. What else was he going to say "No, I feel a little weird around you." 
 
 
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So where is Taemin? I haven't see him around the house lately?"

"It's September, he started college."

"What about you? Aren't you going to start college?"

"I was, but I asked my parents for a year off."

"Why!?"

"I told them I wanted to try other things before starting college."

"Why would you do that?! So you're going to waste your time for a year?"

"Why are you getting mad? You gave me the idea with all your talk of 'find something you like or else you're going to be miserable."

"Oh" When he said that you blushed a little. "You should have said something."

"Haha you're so funny."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taemin! It's been so long, how are you!."

"I'm good. School is keeping me very busy."

"How long has it been already?"

"Almost four weeks since we started."

"So are you going to help us today?"

"Yes, what are you making today?"

Taemin spends the day with you two cooking and joking around. When you sit down to eat he asks about Mirah. He hasn't seen her since the last time you all hung out. You tried changing the subject only for him to bring it back up. Kai notices this and changes the subject. It was really cool how in sync you two were, Taemin had forgotten to continue asking about Mirah.

"So you're always asking us about our plans and goals. How about you, what are your goals?"

"I already accomplished my goals. I have a good job."

"Really? That's it, you're happy working here?"

"Yeah noona don't you have any other dreams?"

"Well if we're getting personal I do plan on getting married and starting a family."

"I'm not talking about that. You can't get married yet. You have to become successful before you get married."

"This job is what I wanted. What else is there to do?"

"Why don't you open up a restaurant or something. You're a really good chef. I bet if you open up a restaurant you'll be very successful."

"I never thought about that..."

 

Taemin stays the night and when they're in Kai's room he asks,

"What was that about? You have never complimented and encouraged someone like that. Not even me who's your best friend."

"I just want her to be happy and successful."

"I do to, but I'm not all in her business." 

"She's been helping me out a lot, so I just wanted to return the favor."

"Kai admit it. You like her."

"I don't like her! Why are you always saying that?!"

"Because you do. We are best friends I know you. just admit it."

"First of all she works for me and second of all she's old. At least that's what she says. I think she's like 26."

"She's not that much older."

"Wait! You know how old she is?"

"Yeah she's 22."

"She is?" He says with a smile. "Wait how do you know?"

"I asked so she told me." He lied, he actually asked Mirah and she told him. He was trying to get Kai worked up so he would admit that he likes you.

"I asked her and she never told me."

"Maybe she likes me?"

"Yah! Don't talk about her like that, she wouldn't fall for someone like you."

"Ok chill Kai...

This guy getting jealous, but won't admit that he likes her.He says under his breath.

"No, but honestly I just don't want anything bad to happen to her. She's been there a lot more than my parents."

 

He's crazy, I don't like her. I mean I do like her, but not like that.

 

 


*** AN: I just realized this fic is going to be pretty long, I'm nowhere near close to finishing. You guys don't mind right? ^^

Thank you JonghyunShawol and TaeminOppa16 (and the upvote!) for subscribing. ***