"I'm Getting Annoyed Already"

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

 

Taemin was serious when he said he would come everyday to eat. Kai on the other hand would only eat when he knew Taehoon cooked the food. He would even make him cook in front of him. 

 

"Why are you being mean to Noona? Don't you like her cooking?" Taemin asks when they're alone in Kai's room.

"I don't like her or her cooking."

"Stop lying you know you like her cooking. I remember the first time I tried her cooking you were eating like an orphan. You practically finished it all." 

"What are you taking about? Stop talking about her!" He says while laying down on his bed and covering his eyes with his arm.

After a few seconds he continues, "So you don't like her? Why I mean she's nice and her cooking is the best!"

Kai response with his eyes still covered, "Because of her Taehoon is leaving."

"I know how much Taehoon means to you, but he's not leaving because of her. He's old and has to retire." Kai and Taemin have been friends since middle school and saw how little by little Kai's parents got busier and busier with their business, which caused them to spend less time with him. Taehoon was there in most of Kai's school events and life in general. "Well I think she's pretty, how old is she? She must be older than us since she's already a chef and wants me to call her noona. At first I thought she was our age.

"Ha, you think she's pretty?" He says while taking his arm away from his eyes.

"You don't think so?"

"Well...she is kinda pretty," he says while sitting up, but quickly responds, "but I still don't like her."

"Haha you're so stubborn Kai." He says shaking his head.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai's POV

(We're going back in time to three weeks.)

 

Kai overheard his parents talking about Taehoon's retirement. They were going to start looking for a replacement so he could retire in a month. At that moment he felt a heavy weight come over him. For a moment he felt scared and lightheaded. First my parents and now Taehoon. 

 

Kai had a very happy childhood. His parents were there since he was born loving and caring for him. Even though Mr. Kim was busy with work, but still managed to spend time with his family. Mrs. Kim stayed home and took care of Kai. However, by the age of ten the family business started getting busier and he saw his father less. His mom still stayed at home, but became busier with projects herself. For a child of ten this was a sudden change; he felt like the parents he knew no longer loved him. He was wrong of course, but his 10-year-old mind couldn't comprehend that things changed and that he was growing up. By the age of 15 he would see his parents even less. They were still there, but they weren't really there. 

He felt like a child that was being abandoned after having a great family. And now with Taehoon leaving it's like it started all over again and he felt alone.

 

"Taehoon you will be able to retire in two weeks. We found a replacement today." Mr. Kim says, "If everything goes well she will move in most likely this weekend. During those two weeks please train her explain how the banquets function."

Kai was in the room when all this was being discussed, and suddenly screamed, "Why are you getting rid of Taehoon?!"

"Kai we're not getting rid of Taehoon, he is retiring."

"That's stupid! He doesn't need to retire. You just want to kick him out!"

"Kai you have to understand, he's older and needs to retire. He's been with this family for a long time and it's time for him to rest."

"If he leaves then I'll leave too!" And with that he storms out of his house. Kai didn't return home until late at night. For the next couple of days he would go to school and return home late since he didn't want to see or talk to his parents. He remembered his parents saying the new chef was going to move in on the weekend and decides to go on a camping trip with Taemin's family.

______________

 

 

Two weeks had quickly past by and Taehoon was leaving. Although you had only known him for two weeks, but you already felt close to him. He helped you get acquainted with your knew kitchen and even gave you a few pointers on how to deal with Kai. It was Saturday when Taehoon was leaving. You two were the only ones at the house since Kai's parents had been gone since last week on a business trip and Kai was too upset he left early that day.

Kai didn't return home that day until 1:00 am Sunday morning. You were already asleep, but was awaken by him walking in. You wanted to give him space so you didn't say anything. The next morning when you were still preparing his breakfast he left before you could even greet him and again didn't return until 12:00 am. The motherly instinct in you wanted to check up on him, but since you didn't know him that well yet you decided not to. Instead you were trying to figure out ways to draw him out. You decided to make him his favorite food for breakfast the next day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since you were now completely in charge of the kitchen you got up early to prepare Kai's breakfast. You finished and put everything on the table and when you heard him come down you greeted and tolled him that breakfast was on the table. He looked at you scoffed and left to school without eating. Then he came back from school and you prepared his snack, but again nothing only Taemin would eat the food. He would go to his room without eating and when you called him for dinner he would just leave to Taemin's house. You were getting worried because you had not seen him eat since Friday and it was Monday. He was gone practically all day Saturday and Sunday.

Tuesday morning came along and again you got up early and prepared his breakfast, but this time you were determined for him to eat. So when you heard him come down again you greeted him and told him that breakfast was on the table. He walked by you, right when he was about to reach for the door you jumped in front of him and said "Yah! You haven't eating anything in days. You have to eat breakfast."

"I don't have to do anything. You can't tell me what to do you're not my mom."

"Just eat something, you can get sick for not eating anyth..." Again he bumps into your shoulder to move you away. Taehoon had said to ignore Kai, give him some space and eventually he would come around. What Kai needed was proof that you were going to care for him and not leave him and then he would open up. You had no problem ignoring him. You didn't like begging people; you figured if they want to talk to me that's fine and if they don't that's fine too. You felt bad for the boy, so taking care of him was not too difficult since you grew up being a motherly person or you HAD to grow up like that.

"Make sure to at least eat something at school." You say to him before he stepped into the car.

 

 

Kai's POV

It was another restless night for Kai and now even more than before since he was starving. He hadn't eaten anything since the weekend. This is how he threw tantrums, whenever he didn't want to do something or was mad someone he would stop eating. He had been like this ever since he was a baby. He would scare his parents at times because he would stop breathing just to get their attention.

I can't take it anymore I'm starving. I'm sure she's asleep. I'll just sneak downstairs and get something real quick.

When Kai saw the lights in the kitchen he thought you had left them on and continued towards the kitchen. He got closer and saw you making food. He was about to turn around and leave, but he could smell the food and just couldn't ignore it. He was on the verge of starvation so his nose was very sensitive to even the smallest hint of food. Maybe it was because he was hungry or maybe because he noticed that you actually cared, so Instead of leaving he says...

"You're the new chef?

 

____________

 

It was late at night and you couldn't sleep so instead of laying there you decided to make a few snacks. You were busy making the snacks and didn't notice Kai in the corner looking at you. He also couldn't sleep. He was a bad sleeper and hardly ever got a good night's sleep. All of a sudden you hear someone say,

 

"You're the new chef?

"Ah, Kkamchagya!" You say while jumping a little. "You scared me! What are you doing up?"

 

"Can you even cookAren't you like five?He completely ignored your question.

I'm getting annoyed already, "Yah! Who taught you to speak to your elders like that?"

"Elder? How old are you?"

"You don't need to know, just know that you have to call me noona." He doesn't say anything else after you say that. Instead he turns around to go back to his room.

I'm not going to call you noona.

 

You didn't want him to leave; this is the most you've talked since you started working for his family.

"Are you hungry? Here try this, I just made it." You saw his hungry face and felt bad. Since Taehoon left two days ago you suddenly realized he had not eaten anything. Or at least you had not seen him eat anything. "Here try it."

 

"No I don't want to", you could see that he really did want to eat it, but was just too stubborn.

 

"Come on just try it, I know you're hungry. You haven't eaten anything in two days." 

 

"I said I don't want it!" 

 

"Here just eat it." You say while shoving the food in his mouth. He immediately takes the spoon out of his mouth and eats the food you shoved in his mouth. His eyes get big for a second, but then return to their normal state. 

 

"Eww! What is this? It's disgusting!"

 

You knew he was lying, he and your sister were the same, immature. Both complaining about your food, but hiding the fact that they liked it. Since you wanted him to eat you didn't say anything, but instead decided to leave; you knew that if you stayed he wouldn't eat.

 

"Well I'm full, I'm going to sleep now." you were lying you had only taken a few bites of the food. "You can finish it if you want or just put it away for tomorrow and I'll eat it."

 

"Who would want to eat that?" He scoffs.

 

"Ok, well I'm putting everything way." You put everything away and then said, "Have a good night."

 

 

You left to your room, but just when you were about to close the door behind you, you decided to sneak back to the kitchen. You saw Kai grab the spoon and start eating. He took one slow bite and was no longer able to contain himself and starts eating like a starving child. A smile of relief formed on your face. As long as he eats.

 

Kai banned Taemin from the house. He was tired of hearing him talk about you: how pretty he thought you were, how nice you were, how much he liked you. After hearing him talk so much, his perspective towards you softened. He started noticing all these little things you were doing for him and thought, I guess her food isn't THAT bad.

 

 

 

 

AN: Hey guys! I'm glad you're still reading. What do you think? Do you like it? Please let me know.

By the way, I'll be updating very slowly. I got too busy :(

In the mean time please look for my oneshots. Thanks a lot for reading!!!