"What just happened?"

Noona, Will You Ever Love Me? {HIATUS}

 

 

"What, what is it?" Taemin turns his head and then his body to face both you and Mirah. "Wah~ you girls look really pretty! Lina noona I've never seen you this pretty before!"

"Thank you, I'm a little embarrassed to be wearing this."

"Why?" 

"I don't wear things like this."

"You look really pretty. Right Kai?..

Kai..Kai!" He yells at him.

"Huh..what?" 

"What are you daydreaming? I said don't you think Lina noona looks pretty?" 

"Uh..Yes...you look pretty..." he clears his throat. "If you're ready let's go."

 

What just happened?

 

 

"So you want to see me dance again Mirah noona?"

"Actually now it's your turn to watch me dance haha."

"That's my kind of girl haha."

 

Upon arriving Taemin and Mirah immediately start dancing. Since this wasn't your scene you look for an empty table for all four of you to sit down. Kai follows and sits down across from you. You look around over to Mirah and Taemin, they're having fun dancing. You look over at Kai and smile. He looks away shyly and after a few seconds says he's going to get some drinks. (AN: Please don't drink and if you do, drink responsively ^^) You notice that on the car ride there he was quieter than usual, but you didn't think it was a big deal.

After a few minutes Kai comes back with the drinks only to find some guy talking to you.

 

"Do you want to dance?"

"No thank you."

The guy walks away and Kai sits down. He hands you your drink and doesn't say anything. A few minutes pass by and then another guy,

"Excuse me? Do you want to dance?"

Do these guys not see me here?

"No thank you, I'm here with someone."

"Oh sorry. Didn't see you there." He looks at Kai and then at you one last time before walking away.

Kai was feeling awkward and shy, but the minute he saw those guys asking you to dance the awkwardness disappeared. Now he was mad and jealous.

After a couple more songs Mirah and Taemin come over and sit down. You chit chat, but not too much because of the loud music. A few more guys come and ask you to dance, but you reject them. 

 

"You seem to be pretty popular."

"What?!" You yell. It was difficult to hear since the music was loud.

"Nothing!"

 

Kai's jealousy grows bigger with every dance invite. You reject them because you weren't too good at dancing, or so you thought. Kai gets happy with every rejection. Since you kept on giving the excuse of being there with someone he figures you would say 'yes' to his request, so he asks you to dance, but you reject him too. He gets a little upset. Mirah notices and whispers one of your secrets to him.

"If you want her to dance tell the DJ to play 'Mirotic' by DBSK." He goes over to the DJ and requests the song. This will stop all those guys from asking her to dance. You were sitting down when all of a sudden the music stops and you hear the DJ say, "This next song is dedicating to Lina from Kai." (play music http://youtu.be/5js93N2KIG0 [AN: I tried to give it a dance club feel to it, hope it worked^^]). With that, the spotlight shines on you and music starts playing. 

You're blinded by the spotlight hitting your face, it dims a little and then you see Kai coming over to you. "Come on let's dance. I know you like this song." You're a little surprised and give him a what-have-you-just-done look. You reject him one more time, but he ignores you and pulls you onto the dance floor. Mirah and Taemin follow you onto the dance floor cheering all the way there before dancing. You were just standing there not wanting to dance and look over at Mirah for help, but she looks at you and cheers you on. You were dreading being there. You start feeling a little embarrassed because everyone around you was dancing and you were the only one just standing there. You hear the DJ say, "Come on, don't be shy. Dance!" There was no way out of it, now you had to start dancing because everyone was looking at you.

Since you did learn the dance steps you're a little confident, but still shy, so you start dancing slowly. Kai is dancing too and it's no surprise the boy is really good. Since this song was one of your all time favorites you were really impressed while seeing him dancing it so well. With every passing second you start feeling more comfortable and let loose. Kai sees you dancing and is blown away. He really liked dancing and to see a girl dance so good was such a turn on.

Although you are dancing all the steps correctly, but along the way you make them more girly. He really liked it and apparently so did everyone else. You could hear a bunch of "woh's" and "woah's" coming from the people around you. All of a sudden you two were the center of attention. You look over at Kai and he's smiling at you, you smile back before laughing with happiness. You were having lots of fun while dancing to the song since you had not done this in a couple of years.

Once the song was over you start your way back to your seat. Kai pulls your arm softly to stop you. He tells you to stay and continue dancing with him, but you really don't want to. Not that you don't want to dance with him, but you don't know any more dance steps. After a lot of explaining and pleading he gives up. Mirah and Taemin stay on the dance floor and continue dancing. You start your way to the table, but when you turn around you see Kai walking behind you.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to sit down."

"You don't have to sit down. Go dance."

"I don't want to."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. Come on let's go sit down."

When the two of you sit down he says, "I thought you said you didn't know how to dance."

"I really don't. I only know the dance steps to that song."

"You were amazing! Now we have to come more often."

"No..we really don't..I don't know how to dance."

"Stop denying it..."

 

"What are you two talking about?" She says while taking a seat.

"I was just telling her that she dances really good."

"Yeah Lina Noona! You were really good! I liked how you changed the moves."

"I only know the dance steps because I like the song."

"I told you she was obsessed with that song. I think it's the only song she knows how to dance to."

You feel your cheeks blush. Even though you've been saying that you can't dance, but now that Mirah was saying it you felt a little embarrassed. Thanks a lot unnie, you're supposed to be my friend.

 

 

"Ok that was a nice break. Let's dance!"

"Ok I'm ready, let's go!"

"Come on Lina."

"Unnie..."

"So you're just going to sit there for the rest of the night?"

"You know I prefer to watch."

"Fine~ Come on Taemin, you too Kai."

"No that's ok. I don't feel like dancing."

"You too? Fine. Well we're going to have fun."

Mirah and Taemin make their way to the dance floor. Kai stays with you.

"I guess you really don't like dancing."

"I do like it, but I just don't know how." You look away shyly.

"I guess I'll have to teach you..."

Why do I feel happy around her? I have to stop.

 

 

After a couple of hours you all decide to call it a day and start your way back home. Taemin says he is going to ride with Mirah because he doesn't want her to go alone. You say your goodbyes to Mirah. When you turn to say goodbye to Taemin Mirah turns her attention to Kai,

"You're welcome." She whispers.

"Thanks~? But for what?"

"You'll know one day."

 

Taemin and Mirah get into a taxi and leave first. While you and Kai are waiting for the next available taxi you notice he is quiet and also seems to be avoiding you. For a moment you think he's mad at you because you didn't want to dance with him. You turn to him and ask,

"What's wrong? Are you mad at me?"

"What? No."

He turns towards you for a second before looking away. You notice he doesn't want to make eye contact.

"Why are you quiet? Are you feeling sick?"

You get closer to him and try to feel his forehead, but he softly pushes it away.

"No I'm fine. Please don't touch me."

After that a taxi arrives and you make your way home. The ride was a little awkward because every time you tried to make conversation he would be short with you. It's like he doesn't want to talk to you. In the end he pretends to be asleep.