Of Waves And Explosion

The Thread Of Circumstance
Dara yawned lazily, a contented smile on her face. She reached out to the other side, where her HUSBAND was supposed to be but she came up with nothing but an empty space. Her eyes flew opened and saw that the space beside her was indeed empty. An irrational fear gripped her heart. Her mind tried to recall what happened, wondering if everything that happened was just a dream. Pushing herself up, she looked around and was greeted by an empty room. She slipped out from the bed and went to the bathroom to check him out but he wasn’t there. She stepped out from the bathroom and looked around the empty room, her mind in a hazy confusion.
 
“Looking for me?”
 
She sharply looked up at the source of the voice. There he was, standing at the door with a tray of food on his hands. A knowing smile can be seen in his face, making her blush. How stupid could she be for forgetting that they were in his yacht, cruising along God knows where. She had the urge to hug and kiss him for looking so wonderful in the morning but the tray on his hands stopped her.
 
“H-hey!” she greeted. “Good morning.”
 
His smile grew wider. “Why, good morning, too,” he greeted back and entered the room. “I brought you breakfast.”
 
“Oh,” she mumbled. “I’ll just. . . I’ll just wash my face and. . . .” she trailed and went back into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She leaned against it and clutched her chest with her hand. She can’t understand why she’s acting this way. She felt like a jittery wife on the first night of her honeymoon. Gathering her acts together, she went to the sink and looked at her reflection in the mirror. The look in her eyes surprised her – they looked. . . happy. She took a deep breath before leaning down to wash her face. After washing her face, she proceeded to brushing her teeth. She looked at her reflection again and grimaced upon noticing her messy hair. Caught in a dilemma between wanting to look good in front of her husband and not wanting him to wait for her, she bit her lower lip down. A minute of indecisiveness past before she finally made up her mind. She took Jiyong’s shirt off followed by his boxers that she’s wearing and stepped into the shower stall.
 
She let out a sigh as the spray of water ran down her body. Not really wanting to make her husband wait, she tried to lessen her shower time than she usually does. After being contented, she stepped out from the stall and grabbed a towel and a robe resting on the rack. She dried herself thoroughly first before putting on the robe. As she was about to go out, her trembling hand froze on the doorknob. She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm her nerves down. Slowly, she turned the knob and pulled the door open. She held her breath when she saw him waiting patiently for her, lazily resting on the bed. He looked at her and smiled.
 
“Sorry,” she breathlessly said. “I decided to take a shower.”
 
“It’s okay,” he assured her and got off from the bed. He lazily walked up to her, wearing a devilishly naughty gleam in his eyes. “Mmm,” he thoughtfully mumbled. “Why do you look so nervous, hmm? My wife?”
 
She took a step back. “Do I?” she chuckled awkwardly, averting her eyes. Why indeed? she silently asked herself.
 
“I think it has something to do with what happened yesterday?”
 
She blushed at the memory of how she became the master of their. . . lovemaking. Embarrassment made her defensive. “Of course not!” she heatedly came.
 
Jiyong laughed and bent down to scoop her up, making her squeal in surprise. He went towards the bed and gently put her down, her back resting on the headboard. “It’s time for my lovely wife’s breakfast,” he teasingly said. To his surprise, his wife blushed further. He was about to ask her what’s wrong when he noticed her eyes stealing glances on his exposed chest. A small smile curved his lips. “Are you thinking of a different breakfast, hmm?”
 
She looked up sharply at him, her eyes wide with embarrassment. “O-of course not!” she defensively said.
 
“Then why are you blushing and stealing glances at my exposed chest then, mmm?”
 
“I am not!” she denied.
 
“I already caught you, it’s useless to deny.”
 
“And I take it you’re enjoying every reaction you’re getting from me because of your. . . because of your exposed chest?”
 
“Of course I do,” he grinned.
 
“Conceited,” she muttered darkly, making him laugh.
 
“Okay, why don’t you eat a PROPER breakfast first before we tend to the other. . . breakfast you have in mind?”
 
“You’re such a. . . a. . . .!” she grimaced.
 
Jiyong laughed again. “Here, you should eat first before I change my mind.”
 
Dara took the tray of food from the table and started eating, trying her very best to ignore the stares of Jiyong. “Did you eat already?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, I did,” he nodded. “Sorry if I went ahead of you. You left me weak last night.”
 
Dara blushed but tried to drive the embarrassment away with a cough. “Stop teasing me, will you?” she sternly scolded.
 
“You look cute when you’re being shy,” he informed her, biting his lower lip down. “And might I remind you, my dear wife. There’s no need to be shy. It’s normal for married couples to talk about their life. Speaking of, I’m thinking of having a proper wedding ceremony. What do you think?”
 
She didn’t answer at once. She took two spoonful of food and chewed slowly while thinking over what he said. She’d love that, of course! But she can’t help but think of what her family would say or think about it. “I think. . . .” she slowly said. “I think it’s a great idea Jiyong but. . .”
 
“But what?” he quietly asked.
 
Dara put her spoon and fork down. She met his eyes with hers and nibbled on her lower lip once again. “What about my family? What if they’d still want me to end up with Taecyeon?”
 
Jiyong’s face turned dark. “I won’t allow it,” he said. “You can’t marry him even if your family would file for a divorce. I would never sign those damn papers!” he declared fiercely but then, he went doubtful. “Unless of course you WANT to be wed to Taecyeon, too.”
 
Dara frowned. “I’m scared. I’m scared of how I can’t seem to find the strength and courage to stand against my family. I don’t want to disappoint them, Jiyong. If there’s one thing that I really wanted the most, that’s to make them proud”
 
Jiyong went silent. He wanted to tell her that she can get her strength and courage from him, that he’d willingly help her all the way. But seeing the tinge of desperation in her eyes made him quiet. He was hurt knowing that HER family still stands in between them. He thought they settled everything last night already.
 
“We’re going to have a little stop over at the east coast for a while for some supplies,” he said instead. “I’ll be going out with my men. Wanna come?”
 
“No,” she answered. “I’ll just stay behind and have some dose of the sun.”
 
“Okay,” he nodded slowly. “You want me to buy or get something for you?”
 
“I’m all good,” she smiled then paused. “Oh, I remembered. I don’t have spare clothes for. . .”
 
“I’ll take care of that,” he said. “I know your size.”
 
Dara cleared . “Well, that’s. . . that’s good then.”
 
“See you later,” he said and leaned forward for a kiss.
 
“I want to see you off,” she said after the kiss.
 
Jiyong smiled. “Sure,” he said. “Let’s go.”
 
“Wait, I have to put something decent on first.”
 
“Oh right,” he scoffed. “Wear my clothes for the meantime.”
 
“What is it with guys wanting to see us in guys’ clothes?”
 
“It’s y,” he grinned, making her roll her eyes. Jiyong went to fetch a fresh set of clothes before asking her to remove her robe.
 
“I’ll change in the bathroom,” she told him off.
 
“Oh, come on! There’s nothing to hide. I already saw EVERYTHING!” he returned wickedly, earning him a glare from her. When Dara just continued glaring at him, he took the initiative to take the robe off and put his shirt on her followed by a set of walking shorts.
 
“ert,” she darkly mumbled.
 
“You’re so beautiful,” he huskily whispered in her ear.
 
“Jiyong,” she whimpered.
 
And just like in the movies, their lips met in a frenzy of need. Her arms automatically went around his neck while his arms wrapped around her waist. He pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. Their lips made wet sounds as their tongues clashed against each other. Their breathing became labored as soft moans escaped from the both of them.
 
Dara then felt herself being pushed back to the bed. Their lips momentarily separated for they were out of breath already. Just as they were going to reach for each other’s lips again, a knock sounded.
 
“Sir?” a voice called.
 
“Yes?” Jiyong called out.
 
“We’re already anchored,” the man answered. “The speedboat’s all set, too.”
 
“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.”
 
Dara sighed when Jiyong pushed himself off her. Seeing the disappointed look on her face, his head was suddenly thrown back as a bark of laughter filled the room.
 
“It’s not funny!” she growled.
 
“Come,” he said in between chuckles, offering his hand to her. Dara accepted his hand and gave a squeal when he suddenly carried her out of the room.
 
“Ya! Put me down!”
 
“Don’t ruin my fun,” he said, rolling his eyes.
 
Dara pouted but let him be. Truth be told, she was enjoying Jiyong’s show of affection. Actually, she’s not just enjoying it, she LOVES it. She’s pretty lucky to have him even if they didn’t start in good terms, even if their union wasn’t founded by love. And now, eventhough they she still can’t believe it, they already confessed their love to each other. She tried to recall when it started but her memory failed her. Thinking that it didn’t really matter, she leaned her head on his shoulder. She smiled as she felt his soft lips on her forehead.
 
Their love story started off the road, very unusual even. Now that she thinks of it, she can’t believe how the mistake came out as a blessing in disguise. She glanced up at Jiyong’s smiling face. Yes, he sure is a blessing to her messy life. Caught by her emotions, she leaned forward and gave him a peck on the lips. He paused and looked at her. She smiled at him shyly before leaning her head on his shoulder again.
 
“Are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” he asked.
 
Dara hesitated for a while. “Yes, I’m sure,” she finally answered. “You can’t expect me to go in a crowded place wearing only your shirt and walking shorts, can you?”
 
“Oh,” he chuckled. “I’ve forgotten about that.”
 
“Why? What have you been thinking, huh?” she teased.
 
“Secret!” he winked then laughed. He then settled her down when they reached the side where a speedboat was waiting. “Are you gonna be fine here alone?” he asked.
 
“Why? Are all of your men coming with you?”
 
“I can’t leave my wife behind wearing my shirt and walking shorts with one of my men, can I?” he teased back.
 
“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes. “But I’ll be fine. I’m a big girl.”
 
“I know you are,” he chuckled, messing her hair. “Ah, I’m going to miss you.”
 
“Stop being cheesy, Jiyong,” she chuckled back. “Just come back as quickly as you can, okay?”
 
“Yes, Ma’am!” he saluted.
 
“Stop playing, will you? Go on,” she waved him off.
 
“I will,” he smiled. “But kiss me first.”
 
Dara shook her head in disapproval but contrary to that, she’s wearing a big smile on her face as she tiptoed and gave him a peck. He chuckled first before going down to join his men huddled in the little boat. Jiyong blew her a kiss before sailing away. She waved at him until they finally reached the port. The yacht was anchored approximately thirty feet or less from the port. A smile curved her lips when she saw Jiyong wave at her from afar. She waved enthusiastically back and she could just imagine hearing his laughter.
 
- - -
 
Jiyong was excited to go back to the yacht. He can’t wait to see her reaction once she saw the “clothes” he bought for her. When they reached the port, his eyes automatically went to the yacht and his smile grew wider as he saw her still on the same spot he left her a while ago. He lifted his hand and waved at her. He gave a chuckle when she saw her wave back at him for the second time.
 
“Our boss looked like a lovestruck kid, doesn’t he?”
 
Jiyong turned his attention back to them and was greeted by teasing looks. Not long before that, they started teasing him. The teasing went on while they sip some of their refreshments and took shade under a little store.
 
“Why don’t you buy her a bouquet of flowers, hmm?” one said. “There’s a flower stall just over there.”
 
Jiyong paused for a while then grinned. “I was thinking about that, actually,” he said and went to the little stall of flowers just a few feet away from where he was. “Hi!” he greeted the vendor when a sudden loud explosion shook the place. He turned around to see what’s going on. He suddenly felt cold, his heart thundered inside his chest as his eyes landed on his yacht that was being devoured by angry flames. No! his mind screamed.
 
His feet started moving on their own accord. Without thinking and with no hesitation, he dived into the water and started swimming towards the burning yacht since the speedboat toppled over. Adrenaline surged through his veins making his bigger and quicker. But even if he was maintaining a good pace, it still took him a while to reach the yacht.
 
“DARA!” he screamed, keeping his head on the surface. He swam to the right and screamed for her name again. He wanted to punch himself for feeling the angry pain brought by the fire because it was stopping him from getting nearer. “DARAAA!”
 
Another explosion erupted. Something dark flew towards his direction but he wasn’t able to dodge it at once. It hit his head hard, knocking him out. He grunted as he felt the pain, black spots darted across his eyelids. He fought to keep his eyes open but his consciousness was slowly slipping away. He started drowning but he still attempted to swim back to the surface. Dara, was his last thought before he totally gave in to the darkness lingering at the side of his head while his body continuously went deeper into the water.
 
----
*new banner by daragonlai
 
Sorry for the typos and grammar errors. didn't proofread.. ah, still embarrassed with chap 13.. but slowly gaining composure with this chap.. keke.. fighting!