Of Lies And Pretenses

The Thread Of Circumstance
Dara can’t understand why she was being shy all of the sudden. Averting her eyes from him, she grabbed the teaspoon and opened the lid of the jar. She dipped the teaspoon down and cleared awkwardly.
 
“Y-you should have some. . . here,” she said, offering the teaspoon full of honey to him. Jiyong opened his mouth while keeping his eyes on her. She was obviously trying to be oblivious and he can’t let that happen. He slid his hand further inside her skirt and rejoiced upon seeing the spark of desire flamed her eyes.
 
“I. . . I should have some, too!” she stammered then chuckled awkwardly. She stuffed the little utensil inside and looked around. “This is really sweet.”
 
Jiyong amusingly watched her. But when her little pink tongue darted out to the remaining syrup in the teaspoon, something inside him stirred to life. Feeling his lips parched, he ran his tongue along them.
 
“You just woke something inside of me, Dara. Put that thing inside your mouth again and I swear, I’m going to take you here and now,” he growled as she was about to bring her second serving inside . With the teaspoon suspended in the air, she then looked at him with round, innocent eyes. With PURE INNOCENCE on her face, she shoved the little thing inside and pulled it out, the center of it. And that broke Jiyong’s control. Setting aside the jar and the teaspoon, he hungrily reached for her lips and every corner his tongue could get. Damn, his wife tasted honey and he loved it!
 
As their tongues danced to the beat of their hearts, he grabbed her waist and lifted her to sit on his table. Dara voluntarily spread her legs apart to accommodate him with one hand on his hair while the other rested on his chest.
 
“I missed you,” he grunted. “And I missed this.”
 
“I missed you too,” she gasped as their lips momentarily broke apart. But the separation didn’t take that long as they once again, kissed each other ferociously. “Jiyong. . . I want to touch you.”
 
“Touch me,” he half pleaded and half moaned.
 
Needn’t telling twice, she started ing his polo. After successfully freeing the fifth button, she slid her hand inside and let his warmth spread from her fingertips down to her toes. Not wanting to be left out, Jiyong ed her blouse too and pulled her strapless bra down to feel his rounded and firm friends. Unable to resist the temptation, he reached for one tight peak and played with it using his mouth, tongue and teeth. Satisfied with the sounds his wife was making, it fueled him to do the same thing to its twin. Dara was halfway to oblivion when a tearing sound suddenly pulled her back to earth.
 
“Wh-wha-”
 
“I’m sorry”, he whispered, sounding desperate. “But I can’t wait any longer.”
 
Without unbuckling his belt or pants, Jiyong pulled his zipper down and slipped his hand through his brief, freeing his impatient pet out. Lifting her skirt up, he guided his pride inside her. Dara let out a loud and long moan at the first contact of their es, making Jiyong glance at the locked door worriedly.
 
“Try to lower your voice down.”
 
“Mmm-kay,” she murmured and bit her lower lip down. Jiyong then bucked his hips out and didn’t push back in again, making Dara frown at him.
 
“I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”
 
“Jiyong. . .” she grunted and pleaded him with her eyes. “Must you really start a conversation right NOW?”
 
“Why were you avoiding my gaze a while ago?”
 
Dara gave another grunt and went to bury her face in his shoulder. “I’m embarrassed. I’ve been. . . I’ve been having fantasies about. . . doing this here. . . in your office.”
 
“Oh!” he mumbled. “Really?”
 
“Jiyong!” she whined. “Stop talking. Just take me now!”
 
Jiyong pushed back in, making Dara let out a strangled moan. As he started a steady rhythm, she was so tempted to scream in pleasure but she knew that would cause some talk outside so she quickly buried her face in his shoulder deeper to muffle the uncontrollable sounds coming out from her. Holding onto him desperately, she buried her face even deeper as Jiyong started building up his pace. He was grunting the words my wife endlessly. Dara could only close her eyes and let the strong current of passion take her deeper into the throes of pleasure. And it didn’t take them that long to reach the heights of their union.
 
Exhausted but totally satisfied, Dara smiled and hugged Jiyong tighter. She just came to apologize and bring him lunch but she got more than that – her fantasy actually came to life. They just remained that way for a few minutes until Jiyong pulled himself out of her. Feeling rather empty and cold, she exhaled and started buttoning Jiyong’s polo up. In return, he pulled her bra back to her s and started buttoning her blouse, too.
 
“I can’t believe we actually did it here,” she mumbled.
 
“But you’ve been fantasizing about it, right?”
 
Her cheeks flamed red as she nodded shyly. Seeing her shyness, Jiyong could only chuckle and kiss her forehead while putting his pet back inside the confinements of his brief.
 
“Ugh, I feel sticky!” she complained.
 
“Hmm,” Jiyong thoughtfully mumbled as he looked down at her inner thighs. A naughty thought then passed his mind. Deciding to put it into action, he pulled a handful of tissue from the tissue box on his desk and started wiping the sticky fluids off her.
 
“Ya! What are you doing?!” she burst out, scandalized.
 
“I’m getting you clean.”
 
“I can do that myself!”
 
“But I WANT to do it,” he argued.
 
Dara gave a tiny whimper as the tissue touched her womanhood. It was too intimate for her that she felt herself blushed deeper while Jiyong went on wiping her clean. She refused to look at his face. Besides, she has a pretty good idea of what she’ll see if she looks up.
 
“There you go,” he said after a while, sounding satisfied.
 
“I can’t believe you did that!” she glared at him.
 
“I didn’t want to cause you any further discomfort as you go home,” he explained. “Since well, I already tore your underwear in half,” he added with a grin.
 
“Well, you should have thought of that before. . . oh, never mind!” she growled.
 
He only chuckled and went to pick her torn underwear from the trash before throwing the tissues there. He then pocketed her underwear, making her eyes grew wide.
 
“Ya!” she exclaimed. “What are you going to do with that?! Remembrance?!”
 
“Fool,” he chuckled again. “You don’t really want the janitor to see this when he collects my trash, do you?”
 
She flushed. “Oh,” she mumbled. “Right!”
 
“On second thought, I might as well keep this.”
 
“YA!”
 
He laughed and pulled her in his arms for a hug. “I did miss you, though,” he said. “So much.”
 
Dara closed her eyes and let herself believe that his words contained some honesty. Now that she’s back to her senses, she was at it again. For a moment, she let herself believe that he actually cares for her, that in the end, he’d still choose to stay beside her or that somehow, he won’t want to go through with the divorce.
 
It was so nice to think about those things. But that would just be it. All of those would just be thoughts. They’ll never come into reality. Truth be told, her heart’s already involved. She knew that now.
 
“I need to go,” she then said, pulling away from him.
 
“Do you really have to leave at once?”
 
“Yes,” she nodded. “And besides, I know you still got a lot of work to do, so. . .”
 
He sighed. “True. I’ll make it up with you soon, okay?”
 
“You don’t have to,” she gave him a tight smile.
 
“But I want to,” Jiyong.
 
Dara just managed a small smile in response.
 
“What’s with that look?” he inquired. “Aren’t you confident that I’ll be fixing this problem soon?”
 
“No, of course I not!” she said. “I have faith in you.”
 
That’s not it but how could she tell him what she really thinks and feels? She’ll only end up hurting herself. In reality, she thinks he’ll be able to fix the problem their company’s facing, only, she also believes that they won’t be together anymore by that time. Also, there’s the fact that Kim Yuna’s his. . . she can’t even think about it anymore. She just knew she won’t stand a chance against her. How could she fight Yuna back when all she got was her feelings for him while Yuna got his heart as her weapon? How could she fight against her when the other girl holds HER weakness – his happiness?
 
“So, where would you want to go?”
 
“H-ha?” she blinked.
 
“I told you before that I’ll be going on a break from work after I fixed the company’s problem. And I’ll be taking you with me, so where do you want to go?”
 
“Oh,” she mumbled. “I’ll think about it.”
 
“Okay”, he smiled and gave her a swift kiss on the lips.
 
“I should go,” she told him.
 
“Come, I’ll walk you to-”
 
“Oh no, you don’t have to.”
 
“I insist.”
 
Dara chose to keep shut. Eventhough she was hurt deep inside, she still managed to smile. Eventhough there’s a tinge of pretense in Jiyong’s words and actions, she can’t help but go through it. Maybe it all came from being so thirsty and hungry for attention and some affection that she willed herself to accept his pretenses though she’s not sure how long she’ll withstand it. She was born from a wealthy and influential family but she’s actually a BEGGAR. A beggar for love, that is.
 
When she was already in the cab on her way home, her mobile then rang. Thinking it was Jiyong, she excitedly fished it out. But her shoulders fell as soon as an unknown number flashed in her screen. Frowning a bit, she accepted the call.
 
“Did you have fun today, Dara? Was lunch a pleasurable one for you?”
 
Dara froze. “Yuna.”
 
“Yes, that’s right. So tell me, how was your day, huh?”
 
“Where’d you get my number?”
 
“Took it from Jiyong’s phone the other NIGHT.”
 
“What do you want?” she hissed.
 
“Well, you see. . . I know how stressed Jiyong is these past days and how hard he’s working his off so I decided to call you instead of him. I don’t want to disturb him.”
 
“What do you want?” Dara repeated.
 
“Why don’t you just save yourself from more heartbreak, Dara?”
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about!”
 
“Don’t you?” Yuna mockingly asked. “Oh well, that’s your choice. Anyways, I want you to relay a message to my baby. Send my love to him and tell him that I received the painting already. Do you remember? The one during the auction where Jiyong spent a million for? It just arrived today.”
 
“Why don’t you tell him that yourself?” Dara gritted.
 
“Oh, now that you mentioned it,” she chuckled airily. “We’ll be meeting tomorrow, anyways. I’ll thank him myself. And oh, you had a fun lunch, didn’t you? Enjoy him while you can Dara because it won’t be long ‘til we go out in public and you’ll be erased from the scene. Ciao!”
 
Dara’s grip on the phone tightened. She should have hanged up right after she recognized the voice. She bit her lower lip down to stop herself from crying. There goes her happy bubble. Can she keep up with making the most out of this marriage when she’s being whipped with pain from left to right? Can she enjoy him as much as she can when she’s being crushed to pieces?
 
She’s not so sure anymore. Nothing’s certain in her life. She never had any control with everything, anyways. What’s the use?