The Rooftop Prince

Oppa, I Am Not A Girl!

 

"Youngjae-ah! Be nice okay!"
 
 
"Be more sensitive okay?"
 
 
"Watch you skirt okay?"
 
 
"Look out for the boys okay?"
 
 
Youngjae nodded and took in what his noona had said to him, he needed them to guide him on being a girl.
 
 
"Youngjae-ah! That's our class!"
 
 
The girls (and a boy) stopped walking and talking altogether with Sunhwa pointing at the class in front of them. She grabbed him by the arm, waving at the other girls as she dragged him along. Youngjae gave them a small smile and a pleading look to them, he he wasn't ready to meet his new classmate yet. He watched as the three girls gave him a 'fighting' cheer, waving goodbye at him before they left. As supporting as the three girls are, it didn't help Youngjae calm down at all.
 
 
"Yah, Youngjae-ah, don't be scared okay?" Sunhwa said as Youngjae hugged her arm tightly, shaking his head.
 
 
"Unnie! I can't go in yet!"
 
 
Sunhwa giggled as she patted her dongseng's head.
 
 
"Yah, I am with you right?" She winked. " Let's go!"
 
 
Youngjae held onto his noona's arm, pulling her away from the door. He looked up at her, shaking his head rapidly.
 
 
"Unnie, please"
 
 
Sunhwa sighed as she pulled away from his dongseng's grip.
 
 
"As cute as you are, I have to get you inside!" She said as she pulled Youngjae in.
 
 
"Unnie!" It is not that Youngjae was very shy or nervous, but he wasn't ready to meet other people yet. He knew he couldn't speak like a girl or act like one, and he could try to. But when you fail to act like one, there is a big chance of them discovering his true identity.
 
 
"It's okay Youngjae-ah" She said cheerful and the two entered the classroom, all eyes in them. Well, actually, everyone was looking at the new girl in class who was looking down at the ground and Sunhwa was busying pushing her to the front of the classroom.
 
 
Everyone could see the new girl was beautiful, despite her tall height and buff body, she looked feminine. The boys were happy, they were lucky enough to get a pretty girl like her in their class while the girls smiled, wanting to befriends with the new girl.
 
 
Sunhwa nudged him, hinting to him to speak.
 
 
"Yah, introduce yourself to them" 
 
 
"Now unnie?" His noona nodded quickly and he sighed.
 
 
"Help me"He thought as he looked at his classmates, watching him in anticipation. They were staring at him, the boys admiring how pretty he look and the girls were just curious about him. He had to speak now.
 
 
He took a deep breath, yes, he was sure he would regret talking to them. But he had to, everyone had their eyes on him.
 
 
He gulped, he need to speak now.
 
 
"Yoo Youngjae, fighting!" he thought in his mind.
 
 
And he opened his mouth.
 
 
"Hello" She spoke softly yet loud enough for the class to hear.
 
 
"I am Youngjae, please take care of me" He stared at the classmates after speaking in a light tone. He thought he didn't make a good impression when silence filled the class and was about to run away when he noticed everyone was smiling.
 
 
They were smiling to him, their smiles were directed to him.
 
 
"Hello Youngjae-ah!" One of the boys shouted at him and everyone broke out into cheers, clapping hard and smiling brightly at the new girl.
 
 
Youngjae smiled to himself, he never felt so welcome before. In his previous school, he was given blank faces when he introduced himself and never a warm welcome. It was like how he met with the four friendly girls, he felt so warm and happy inside.
 
 
He turned to his side, looking at Sunhwa who was grinning at him. 
 
 
"I told you they were nice"
 
 
He gave a small smile back.
 
 
Maybe his classmates wasn't so bad.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Daehyun and Himchan walked past the classrooms with the older talking happily to the younger. Daehyun casually nodded his head to what his hyung was talking about, he wasn't really much a talker with him. Himchan knew this, knowing his dongseng wouldn't open up to him even if he ask him to.
 
 
It just so happen that Daehyun was like this, but he had to admit, his dongseng was cool.
 
 
Not to mention handsome. But Daehyun wasn't as friendly as him. He preferred to be away for others and so far, Himchan managed to get him to be his friend.
 
 
He cast a side glance at his dongseng. The one who didn't want to be known and the one who would stay far away from people.
 
 
He still couldn't understand why he went and help the new girl.
 
 
"Oppa!" Both of them groaned to the voice.
 
 
"Oppa! Oppa! Oppa!" Daehyun turned around, looking at the girl with a poker face.
 
 
"Oppa! Can you eat lunch with me?" Himchan look at the expressionless Daehyun, there is always a girl bothering him. And that is not what his dongseng wanted. He braced himself for Daehyun's respond.
 
 
"No, I want to eat alone" He said in a cold tone.
 
 
There is was, Jung Daehyun's common phrase.
 
 
"Yah, we need to go to class. Bye" Himchan said and pulled Daehyun to their class, leaving behind a dejected looking girl.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Your hair looks nice Youngjae-ah!" One of the girls complimented the new girl and she just smiled and waved her hand to her.
 
 
"It's nothing" Youngjae said.
 
 
"It's a wig girl!" He thought.
 
 
"You look a little too buff Youngjae..." She asked again with concern. " You are okay right?"
 
 
"You looked thin, but then we can see you have a big stomach. Never mind, I won't tell anyone you do!!" She winked at him as Youngjae just smiled." Just kidding Youngjae-ah!"
 
 
"Thank you" He said, gripping tightly on his books as the girl smiled wider at him.
 
 
 
"It's my baby fat! I do look fat right?" He thought as he took a glance to his stomach. Sunhwa dragged him off to a seat next to her.
 
 
"Wow, she looks really pretty but why do I feel something else from her?" The girl thought as she watched Sunhwa and the new girl walk away.
 
 
"Yah, the girl who talk to you just now was just joking. You okay?"
 
 
"I am okay unnie don't worry!" Youngjae replied as Sunhwa just nodded, ruffling his hair.
 
 
"Okay"
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Youngjae~" One of the boys walked to him with a bright smile and Sunhwa her protecting-her-dongseng-from-dangerous-boys mode.
 
 
"What do you want from her?" Sunhwa gave a glare as Youngjae looked at the guy, who was frowning at his noona.
 
 
"Noona, I just want to give her a letter"
 
 
"Letter?" Sunhwa said as the guy went to her dongseng, flashing a very big smile to the new girl and gave him a letter. Youngjae gave him a small smile, blinking confused as he watched him blush and smile sheepishly at him.
 
 
"Thank you" She said and the guy went back to his seat quickly, the other guys talking to him immediately. Youngjae looked at the letter and opened it, with Sunhwa peeking at it.
 
 
"You are really a pretty girl~"
 
 
"Yah! What is this!" Sunhwa shouted at the guy while Youngjae innocently looked at his noona who was burning with anger.
 
 
"Yah! You! You sound like a pedo in your letter! Yah! She is my dongseng! Come here!" Sunhwa charged at the guy and chased him around. Youngjae giggled softly, watching how his noona chasing the guy. She was really protective of him.
 
 
Youngjae smiled to himself, yes, no one suspect him to be a boy yet.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
Daehyun looked into the class, his eyes locked onto the pretty girl giggling. He raised an eyebrow and smiled weakly at Sunhwa and the poor guy getting beaten by her.
 
 
"Yah Daehyun!" He ran in front, catching up with his hyung.
 
 
"What happen?"
 
 
"Nothing" Himchan shot a suspicious look at him before they continued walking to their class. Daehyun unknowingly smiled to himself.
 
 
"So she can laugh"
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Yah! Class was fun right Youngjae!" Youngjae nodded at his noona, who was smiling at him. 
 
 
Classes were enjoyable for Youngjae, the school had excellent teachers who could teach students well just what he had thought. And he received a wink from each teacher, making him remembered that they were all helping him to keep his true identity a secret. That made him feel better, the girls and him were not the only ones that know his secret.
 
 
"Now is lunch time!" Sunhwa said." Want to join us?"
 
 
"You, Hyosung unnie, Jieun unnie and Zinger unnie?" He asked.
 
 
"Yes! Come" Sunhwa held his arm and was about to drag him when Youngjae asked her to stop.
 
 
"I-I want to see the school on my own."
 
 
"Oh, you want to familiarize yourself is it?" He nodded quickly and received a disappointed and pouting Sunhwa.
 
 
"I tell them then, be careful okay?" She said. "You got unnie's number right? Call us if you need help!" 
 
 
Youngjae nodded and waved at his sad 'unnie', who was still pouting at him. He giggled to himself, his noona was really cute.
 
 
He looked around, wondering where the library was. He walked around like a curious cat and took the stairs up to the third floor. He saw the library and was about to enter when his stomach grumbled.
 
 
He was hungry.
 
 
Not bother by the boys who were staring at him, he decided to go to the most relaxing and quietest place of the school.
 
 
The rooftop.
 
 
He had always spend his break at his school's rooftop last year, he liked the quiet and calm atmosphere. Not the noisy canteen filled with students. He tried going to the canteen but he ended up walking to the rooftop to have his lunch there.
 
 
He slowly walked up to the rooftop, smiling when there was no one here. Perhaps that was why the guys were looking at her, a strange girl who went to the rooftop. She took a sit down on the bench, he couldn't sit on the table remembering he was a girl with the fear of revealing his skirt. Youngjae took out his packed food and ate quietly, enjoying the quietness and the view of the school from the rooftop.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Daehyun was walking up the stairs to the rooftop and he noticed the stares the boys were giving him. He frowned at them and said to Himchan he would be up at the rooftop for a long while.
 
 
Understanding his friend, Himchan went to the canteen to have his food.
 
 
Daehyun smiled as he opened the door to the rooftop. He stepped in and looked around.
 
 
His eyes fell on the new girl sitting on the floor, engrossed in looking at whatever was below from the rooftop.
 
 
Youngjae heard the door open, he was rather surprised to know someone was here. He took some seconds to pull himself away from looking at the wide field and turned to see a familiar boy.
 
 
Hands slipped inside his pocket, wearing a sling bag and looking at him with wide eyes.
 
 
"You"
 
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
 
Daehyun stared at the girl, hoping to receive an answer from her. The one who had intrigued his space. Which was the rooftop.
 
 
Youngjae looked at the guy, frowning.
 
 
"Can't I be here?" He asked and watched as the guy sighed loudly.
 
 
"What are you doing here? Are you looking for me? Get lost! "Youngjae was taken back at how harsh he sounded and took a step forward to him. One thing Youngjae can't stand was someone being rude to him.
 
 
"I am not here to look for you, I am here to eat" Daehyun eyed the container filled with food and looked away.
 
 
"Go eat at the canteen then"
 
 
"Can't I eat here?" Youngjae asked again, he didn't like the idea of going to the canteen to eat. He liked it here and planned to be here.
 
 
"No, you can't. Eat somewhere else"
 
 
"Why can't I ?"
 
 
"The rooftop is my space, you hear me?"
 
 
"No,.Are you like the Rooftop Prince or something?"Youngjae answered back while Daehyun couldn't believe his ears. Usually girls would follow what he says, this new girl sure is different.
 
 
"You look, you are obviously new here, but you can't just go around and sit or eat anywhere"
 
 
"Just let me be here! I wouldn't do anything to bother you!"
 
 
Daehyun raised an eyebrow, she was desperate to be here? He eyed the container before looking at the girl, he would deny he did felt his cheeks burning up looking at those puppy eyes and had the urge of pinching those cheeks the girl possessed. 
 
 
He wasn't angry at the girl anymore, no, no, this isn't Jung Daehyun.
 
 
Daehyun would never give in to a girl, no....
 
 
"Okay, you can stay here" Daehyun cursed himself for giving in, he couldn't bear it.
 
 
Was it because he pity the girl again?
 
 
Yes, it was, he thought.
 
 
"But you have to give me food. How does that sound?"
 
 
"Food?" Youngjae couldn't believe what he was hearing. A guy asking for food. Well, it was better than a guy asking for a date or something. But Youngjae wasn't willing to give up his food.
 
 
"No way"
 
 
"Then off the canteen you go, the kingka is there by the way" Youngjae glared at the guy, he knew he wasn't up for bumping into Yongguk again and he wasn't about to walk down the flight of stairs while holding his short skirt .
 
 
He sighed.
 
 
"Fine ,I give you food"
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Daehyun stared at the spoon filled with rice and chicken, glancing at the girl who was liking at him with those pretty eyes he somehow liked. He turned away, he wasn't so keen on having some one, especially a girl, to feed him food.
 
 
"Yah! Eat!" Youngjae said, urging the guy to eat.
 
 
Daehyun glared at her, who was still holding the spoon to his mouth. There is no way he would allow her to feed him. 
 
 
Jung Daehyun never allows anyone to feed him.
 
 
"What is this? I won't eat it!"
 
 
"Yah!" Daehyun looked at the angry girl. 
 
 
"Let me feed you! It is the only food I have anyway"
 
 
" I would never let you feed me" Youngjae frowned at him.
 
 
"Just open your mouth"
 
 
"No"
 
 
"I won't tell anyone I feed you!" Youngjae said desperately as Daehyun stared at the pretty face, frowning at him.
 
 
"You sure?" Youngjae nodded furiously, giving him a small smile.
 
 
"Yes, now open your mouth"
 
 
Daehyun couldn't believe this, he was trusting someone. Other than Himchan.
 
 
He needed food so he was desperate to do this.
 
 
He eyed the girl and opened his mouth wide, letting her fed him. He closed his mouth, chewing it and watched the girl looking at him in anticipation.
 
 
"It is nice?" Daehyun took in the new girl's beautiful smile, wondering if anyone could ever smile like that. He gulped.
 
 
"Not bad" He watched as Youngjae giggled, and scooping up some rice.
 
 
"Then have more, this is your lunch" Daehyun opened his mouth again, eyeing the girl who was busying giggling at him. 
 
 
"You are a robot, opening your mouth so slowly" Daehyun knew she sounded like a boy when she said, only a boy would dare .
 
 
Daehyun noticed something was off with the girl's hair and he didn't know why he had this urge to tease the girl about it.
 
 
"Are you wearing a wig?" Youngjae's eyes widened and he glared at the guy.
 
 
"No I am not!" He shouted, holding his wig as he looked at the guy angrily. " Yah! You don't like my hair is it?"
 
 
"It doesn't look real" Youngjae scrunched his face, wanting to punch the guy. What he just said was true, but why say it so harshly?
 
 
"It looks like Barbie's hair"
 
 
"Yah! My hair is my hair!" Youngjae said before he pouted, touching his hair repeatedly." And my hair is real,Rooftop Prince!"
 
 
"You calling me a Rooftop prince? Miss Weird Hair?"Daehyun laughed at the cute girl shouting at him, touching her hair carefully.
 
 
"Does my hair really look like a wig? I knew it was obvious!" Youngjae whispered to himself , missing Daehyun's wide smile and soft chuckle.
 
 
The new girl turned back at the guy, who was smirking at her. She ticked off, why was this guy still looking at her?
 
 
"What do you want? To tease my hair more?" Daehyun chuckled as the girl furrowed her eyebrows at him and proceed to feeding him.
 
 
Did he like teasing her?
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"You like it?" She asked after they finished their food as Daehyun turned away.
 
 
"No I don't" Youngjae frowned, not seeing the small smile on Daehyun's face and the tinted pink on his cheeks.
 
 
The food was delicious.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
 
Youngjae was about to leave and he decided to thank the guy for letting him eat here.
 
 
"Thank for letting me here-"
 
 
"Don't forget about what you said. Never tell anyone I let you here or I let you feed me. Understand?" Youngjae nodded, looking at the guy.
 
 
He took some steps forward, before remembering he had an extra can of water in his bag. He took it out, and placed it in front of the male sitting on the bench.
 
 
"What is this?"
 
 
"Water for you, you only eat right? It is wise to drink"
 
 
Daehyun stared at the can, hearing footsteps heading towards the door. He couldn't believe he was receiving something from someone, from a girl he had just teased. He turned behind,looking at the girl who opened the door.
 
 
"Thank you Youngjae"
 
 
Youngjae stood still, looking at the guy who was sitting still in his seat. He smiled softly.
 
 
"Welcome"
 
 
"Don't take it to heart" He said as he watched the girl leave.
 
 
"I won't" Youngjae smile at him before he stepped into the door, leaving Daehyun alone. He took a glance at the can, before packing it in his bag. He couldn't believe he was really accepting a gift from a girl.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The new girl suddenly stopped in her tracks.
 
 
"How did he know my name?"
 
 
 
 
 
hehe,,,a long chapter
hope you dont mind though...
sorry if I updated slowly or very slow, this story is kinda long:)
thankds for commenting, subscribing, and reading
 
And to shuutenshi  who reminded me that I posted the previous chapter twice
and to those who commented and subscribed and read<3<3<3
 
hope you still like the cool cold Daehyun and the shy and cute Youngjae~