Chapter 23

어쩌면 Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 23: “Think I know where you belong, think I know it’s with me-Taylor Swift”

-o0o-

The weekend started off great for a few but not too some. Yumi stared at the open, Yungyeo seated beside her. They were at the soccer field of their school, the other kids roaming around and playing ball while the twins kept unusually silent ever since last week. It was Saturday, so Yumi had to play and practice her sport. It was Saturday, so Yungyeo had to practice with his band. But neither one had been doing such for the past two weeks. They didn’t talk to their friends, nor did they ever attempt of participating in class. From afar, they were being observed by the principal and the woman who raised them.

“You do realize it’s affecting their academic performance,” said the head, Taeyeon sighing at the comprehension.

“I really...really hadn’t notice this kind of attitude towards the twins, so I really am worried.”

The principal looked at her, tilting her head as if uncovering the other lady’s thoughts. “It must be family-related. Yumi or Yungyeo would not have the same exact look in their eyes if it weren’t about family.”

“It is,” Taeyeon shared, knowing it as true. “My husband and I haven’t talked for almost two weeks now. Although we live in the same house, we never attempt to make conversation. At work also, it has been hard for us both to ignore each other because of the fact that we go to the same company. The last time we actually had a conversation, sort of conversation, was two days ago when one of my dongsaengs was struggling with rumors. He had butted in because he was the director of the drama. I talk to the kids, I assure you. Leeteuk also does that, but...somehow, I really thought that because we still communicate with the kids, it would not affect them at all.”

“I don’t want to pry but I’m a housewife too,” the principal replied. “Although I’m not a mother, I know how it is. You and your husband should work it out. It’s affecting the children greatly.”

Yumi couldn’t keep her mind off the situation, couldn’t even bother thinking of anything else but that night that her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter