His reason.

Having a fanboy in my life

Chapter 16 – His reason.

 

---

 

“What the is this?” You sat up straight when you saw ‘I Like You’ pasted at the back of the showcase ticket.

You quickly take out your phone from your uniform skirt pocket and dials Niel’s phone number. It took awhile for him to answer but he answers it eventually.

“Mwo?” He said.

“Ya Ahn Daniel, what about Chorong nuna?” You .

“…” He kept silent.

“You sure, bro?” You asked again.

“…”

“YA AHN DANIEL WHY ARE YOU NOT SAYING ANYTHING!” You shouted over the phone.

“I hang up. See you tomorrow.” Then, he hangs up.

You took the phone away from your ear and look at the phone screen, “Weirdo.”

Taking a look again at the piece of paper, you smile, “This cute guy.”

---

 

 

“Today lesson will be a test for you to get ready for the year end exams. Just bring your pens out. No hand phone, books, notes or anything that is not required for a test.” Mr. Barom remind the class while he gives out the test paper.

“Im Hyulin,” He called, “Ahn Daniel.”

Both of you looked up with a ‘what-you-want-from-me’ face.

“Keep your phones in your bag and put your pens on the table. It’s a test, you know.” He raised his eyebrow.

You gulped and quickly put in your phone school bag, followed by Niel. You give Niel a last look before the test start, “Let’s talk after class.”

 

Forty five minutes passed, test ended.

“I’ll release you now. Go back home straight and study for the next test tomorrow. Rest well.” Mr. Barom organized the papers and exit the classroom.

Niel wanted to ran away from you due to embarrassment but you quickly ran towards him and caught his back bag, “You’re not going away from me, Ahn Daniel.”

‘.’ Niel swear mentally and slowly turn to face you, “What you want from me?”

With a chuckled, you answered, “What I want from you? Bro, I got the little piece of paper you taped at the back of the showcase ticket, what’s up with that?”

He scratched the back of his neck, remaining silent.

From the back, Taemin alone saw your back view and quickly ran to you.

“Hyulin!” He shouted your name. You slowly turn behind and raise your eyebrow, while looking at Taemin who is panting.

“I got two showcase ticket for Exo showcase, one for you and one for me.” Taemin said and hand you the ticket. Niel quickly grab your hand and said, “She got hers already, bro. Sorry.” Then, Niel pull you away from Taemin who is obviously trying to steal you away from him.

He let your hand go at the front of the school gate and quickly left the school.

You laughed at his cute silliness and ran to catch him, “You’re cute, Niel.” You stopped in front of him.

“Mind to explain what this note is all about?” You show him the small piece of paper previously to him.

He slowly gives you a weak soft smile, “Do you have a problem about someone liking you?”

You shake your head, “As long as the guy who likes me has guts to confess to me and not running away from me.”

“Hey, don’t take it the wrong way. You’re only my crush. My love is Chorong nuna still.” He rolled his eyes.

“Mwoyah? You think you’re my love then? Oh please, Kai oppa is my love.” You crossed your arms and give him the brightest smile ever, “Should we go to the venue for the showcase now? I don’t want to get lost in the middle of the way when we’re really going on Thursday.”

He puff his cheeks up, “You’re not mad at me for liking you?”

“As long as you don’t love me like how you love Chorong and how I love Kai oppa, that’s good enough. Kaja!” You hold his hands and skip to the route to the university.

Before both of you even try to get across the road, a car honked. The window rolled down and Mr. Barom’s face appeared, “Where are you going huh, holding hands like a couple?”

You let go of Niel’s hand and stand straight, “What do you want, Mr. Barom?”

“Tsk!” Mr. Barom hissed, “I said call me oppa and hyung outside school! Come on, get in.”

“Where are you going?” Niel said to Mr. Barom.

“TSK THIS KIDS! JUST GET IN I SAID!” The teacher shouted and unlocked the door for the both of you.

You look at Niel and Niel look at you and eventually, the both of you enters and remain silent.

“I bought Exo showcase ticket for your information.” He started the car engine.

Silent…

He look over to the rear mirror and smile, “I need to get to know Exo more.”

You bit your lips and look at Niel with a ‘what’s-wrong-with-our-teacher?’ look. He shrugged his shoulder.

“Why are you keeping silent? You’re not going for the showcase, right Hyulin?” He asked.

“We’ll go this Thursday, hyung. I got two free tickets for the showcase.” Niel answered it for you.

“MWO? FREE TICKETS?” Mr. Barom shouted, “I HAD TO PAY FIFTY WON JUST TO BUY THE FIRST SEATER TO SEE THE MEMBERS AND YOU GOT FREE?!”

Niel laughed, “Well, umm my cousin got for me since she’s the fanclub president for Exo.”

Mr. Barom calm down a bit and pouted, “So both of you are going?”

You nod and Niel nod.

“Well that’s good then! We can go together on Thursday after school, right?” He said.

“Wah oppa, you’re so cool! I have never got a teacher like you before! You’re the best!” You clapped your hands in excitement.

“But on one condition, kids.” He said, “Do not tell anyone at school about this, if not, I’m dead.”

You and Niel nod and promised to keep the little secret.

---

 

 

“YA LEE TAEMIN! What the heck is happening to you?” Key throws back the pillow at Taemin.

“Hyung! She just rejected me. I wanted to give her the tickets but Niel pull her hand away and said she already gotten hers!” He cried.

“Our maknae is growing up huh? Trying to fall in love is hard, Taemin-uh. Niel has caught her heart already so just back away, bro.” Minho said.

“I thought giving her the ticket will make her accepts me but I’m late.” Taemin pouted.

“How about you bring Kai personally to her? Maybe she will change her mind and accept you instead of that Niel guy?” Onew said, while focusing on his game.

Taemin gives it a thought and smiled.

---

 

 

“Here we are!” Mr. Barom get out from the car, followed by Niel and you.

Your eyes slowly look over the huge building and wonder where is it, “Where is this, oppa?”

Mr. Barom looked at you and leaned forward, “Mwo? You will be coming here in two days but you don’t know where this is?”

Niel interrupt and said, “Seoul Arts and Music University?”

Mr. Barom nod and pushed your head softly, “Your boyfriend knows where this place is and you don’t? Babo.” He chuckled and look over the huge university.

You turn your head to face Niel whose face turns red, “Ya Ahn Daniel, why is your face so red? Is it hot?”

He gulped and fan himself, “Yeah, really hot.” And he glares at the teacher when Mr. Barom looked at him.

“What? Why are you looking at me like you’re going to eat me? Aren’t both of you dating? I saw you held his hands just now, Hyulin.” Mr. Barom asked.

“No, I just held his hands. What’s wrong with that?” You hissed.

“Tsk, silly girl. Holding hands is the first step to relationship, Hyulin-uh. Kaja, let’s go and eat lunch. I’m hungry.” He ruffled your hair and get back into the car.

“You okay bro?” You look at Niel who still has red ears and cheeks, “Go inside, maybe it’s too hot for you.” You pushed him into the car.

---

 

 

The day end and finally Mr. Barom dropped you and Niel at the nearest bus stop near your house, “Don’t forget to study history for tomorrow test. Good night, kiddos.” He waved and drove off.

You take the chance and continue to ask Niel, “Ehem, so you haven’t answered my question yet.”

“What?”

“Why do you paste that paper behind the ticket?” You asked.

“I like you.” He confessed but looked forward with an emotionless face.

“Hmph, I don’t feel like it.” You cross your arms.

“What do you want me to say? I like you, that’s it.” He said.

“Why do you like me?” You asked again.

“I don’t really have to have a reason to like you, right?” He looked at you.

“...” You keep silent, “Yeah, why do I care anyways? I love Kai oppa and that’s all matters. My bus is here. See you tomorrow.” You stand up and enter the bus to go back to your house.

Niel sits there and sighed, “Because you are the first person to understand the real me, Im Hyulin.”

“And you’re unique too… that’s why I like you.”