I know I'm selfish, but what can I do?

Having a fanboy in my life

Chapter 10 – I know I'm selfish, but what can I do?

---

 

“Well, you see Mr. Barom, me and Niel did a great job on this project, you can’t get us a D and you wrote it a BIG D on it.” You were mad and there goes your quiet image.

The whole class was practically looking at you.

“Sorry Miss Im Hyulin. But your project has a lot of things missing in it and both of you submit it late and to include, you have detention too that day. That explains why both of you got a D. A big one too.” He emphasized the word big.

“Without wasting time, let me start on a new topic.” The teacher takes out his book and you went back to your sit.

“This is not fair!” You throw the file on your table.

“We would have gotten  at least B if you’re not in detention.” Niel pointed out.

“Nooooo… I bet we don’t even have the chance to get a B. He said we have a lot of information missing.” You crossed your arms.

“Then, you shouldn’t have watch your oppa that day when Mr. Barom came.” Niel answered back.

“Then, you shouldn’t have asked me to watch your nuna videos.” You shoot it back.

“IT’S YOUR FAULT!” Both you and Niel said in unison and that makes the class turns back.

“Actually, BOTH of you are in fault. Two hours of detention today for shouting in the middle of my lesson.” Mr. Barom shouted in frustration.

 

---

 

“Thanks, Hyulin for getting me to cut weeds.” Niel sarcastically thank Hyulin who was squatting down.

“You received the most welcomed from me, Niel.” You rolled your eyes.

Two hours of detention ended.

Mr Barom came.

“Look kids, I’m trying to give you your freedom and not always be in detention class. But you both do not learn from your lesson. What’s wrong?” Mr. Barom asked you both to sit down beside him.

“Nothing wrong.” Niel answered.

“Both of you are always arguing. I know something is wrong.” He calmly said.

“Nothing, Mr. Barom.” You looked at him.

“Whatever it is, I hope that I will not see you both in detention class again.” “I had enough.” He continued.

“You can go now and rest. Don’t forget to read chapter 4 later at home and stop watching videos about Exo or A-Pink!” Mr. Barom advised.

You and Niel looked at each other, curious on how teacher knows about Exo and A-pink.

“Erm… I saw doodling on the worksheets.” He explained before you ask him more questions.

Then, he left the venue.

 

---

‘I do love Chorong! She is so cute and chubby and fluffy and lively and lovely at all times!’ Mr. Barom fanboyed in his heart.

‘If ever A-Pink has a fanmeeting, I am definitely going!’ He looked at his lockscreen.

Park Chorong picture.

 

---

“I’m sorry for getting you to be in detention again. It’s all my fault in the first place.” You apologized while fiddling with grass on your fingers.

“I’m sorry to, Exotic. I don’t mean to shout at you.” He wants a shake of apology.

“You’re forgiven, Pink panda.” You accepted his apology and stands up.

“The last who runs out of this school, doesn’t love Chorong!” You playfully and dash out the school, followed by Niel who is trying his best to get out the school, to prove that his love for Chorong is real.

---

 

“YA AHN DANIEL! Don’t spill water droplets on my pants. This pant is expensive you know?!” Chunji scoffed, wiping his pants with tissue.

“There’s nothing to be worried about, hyung. When you wash it, you will still use water, dumb .” Niel flicked the back of Chunji’s head.

Chunji wanted to fight back but Cap interrupted.

“Guys, are you still boys or already grown up mans?” Cap said sarcastically.

“What I heard from Onew, Shinee leader, is that their maknae is, Taemin, finally likes someone in Niel’s class. He has not been in love before so it is all weird for them.” Cap said, in slowly tone.

“You’re close with Shinee, hyung?” Ricky asked, popping another flavored Popsicle in his mouth.

“Not… that close.” Cap was hiding something.

The members eyed him, knowing he is lying.

“Fine, he is where I got all the supplies of games I played on the Ipad. He can get it free, so that’s how we got close. But not that close as I am with you guys.” Cap eye-smiled.

“Okay now, back to the topic. Niel, who in your class does you think Taemin likes?” Cap questioned Niel who is dreaming in the space.

“YA!” Chunji throwed his pillow.

“What?!” Niel widened his eyes.

“Do you even know what we are talking about?” Cap leaned in front of Niel’s face.

“What?” Niel leaned back.

“That who is the girl in your class Taemin’s like?” Cap repeat his questions.

“I don’t and I don’t want to know who.” Niel answered back, uninterested.

“Wel,, just letting you know though. Her name is Im Hyulin.” Cap shot.

Niel widened his eyes, “WHAT? HE LIKES HYULIN?!”

“Yeah, that’s what Onew told me.” Cap shrugged his shoulder.

“He gotta think thrice in this.” Niel laughed, he stands up and go straight to the bathroom.

---

 

“He got to be kidding me.” Niel laughed but not fully laughed.

“Hyulin…” Niel looked in the mirror and his smile turned upside down.

He was in a dazed and then he sat on the closed toilet bowl.

 

“Yeah she is, but no one can beat my Kai oppa.” You said while you put both of your hand on your cheek, smiling.

“Haha.” Niel laughed.

You shot a glare at Niel, “Why you laugh?”

“Nothing. It’s just amazing that someone here acts like me. Whenever I act like how you act around Teen Top, they will just give me a weird look.” Niel smiled.

“Aww Niel, I don’t know you are sensitive. Don’t cry.” You saw his eyes that are filled of tears.

“You can always be my friend to spazz about A-Pink and you will be my friend to spazz about Exo with.” You said to Niel who wiped his tears quick.

“YA! DON’T CRY.” You wiped Niel’s tears because he was too touched to finally found someone who understands his fanboy feel.

“Nice to meet you fanboy! I’m fangirl!” You reached out your arm to Niel and Niel gladly accepted it and shake it with his.

“Hahaha this is so funny! I didn’t know you are so sensitive about this thing. But I know how that feels, Niel. I know.” You nod your head, understanding his lonely fan side.

“Let’s go back home. I’m famished.” Niel said.

“Yeah me too! Kaja~” You said and stands up.

Then both of you look at each other awkwardly.

“It seems like we are staying under one roof. Haha.” Niel said then both of you laughed.

 

---

He feels selfish not wanting to let anyone becomes friends with Hyulin, but what can he do?

Hyulin was the first girl, scratched that, the first person to understand his feelings of love for A-Pink.

He doesn’t want his friend to get snatched by a boy, a boy who is popular too.

“I can’t let Taemin get near to Hyulin. He’ll snatch my fangirl away.” Niel pouted and looked in the mirror.

“Hyulin, I know I’m a selfish friend, but what can I do?” Niel smirked and walked out the bathroom.