Crazy fans

Having a fanboy in my life

Chapter 14 – Crazy fans

---

 

It was awkward with the silence where all the family members were looking at you feed yourself with your spoon slowly without raising your head up. Slowly, you looked up and your parents were glaring at you.

“It’s nearly nine at night, where did you go when you’re still in your uniform?” Your mum asked, putting down her spoon and fork.

You think for a good reason, “I studied, of course.”

“I’ve never seen you study, Hyulin.” Your dad disagrees.

“Appa…” You pouted and look back down.

Your phone vibrates in your skirt pocket and you take it out slowly, hiding it away from you parents.

‘Hyulin, go to twitter now and read the latest tweet from SM!’ – Eunji.

“What’s with SM?” You whispered to yourself and get up.

You put your phone to your right ear and pretend something important happened.

“Alright, I finish that up and I’ll meet you in an hour.” You pretend and bow to the family guest.

“Bye, I still have an assignment to finish up.” You smiled and walk backwards slowly to your room.

Opening the door slowly, you sneak in like a stranger and close it and lock it as fast as you can.

“What’s with SM update? Oh my god, better be good news.” You on your laptop and wait for it to load.

As usual, you type in your username and password and when you signed up, you’re welcome by tweets that are literally in CAPITAL locks.

“WHAT?!?!?!?!?!” You shouted and close your eyes with your two hands.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS? OH MY GOODNESS OPPA!” You jumped around in happiness and shouted at the top of your lung.

---

 

Downstairs, your parents and Myungsoo’s family were shocked by the sudden shout.


“She’s always like that.” Your mum just smiles it off.

“So, is it still going to happen, HyukJin?” Myungsoo’s father asked.

Your father nodded his head and sigh, “I can’t let her live here all by herself for more than a year. Looking at the time she comes back from school just now, already have make me worried. I’m sorry if I trouble you but you’re my only friend, HanMyung.” Your father put his hands on Myungsoo’s father thigh.

“Don’t worry, it has been a long time since we want to take care of a daughter. Since Myungsoo is alone at home all time, he can accompany Hyulin.” His father smiled.

“Thanks, you’re the only one who I can depend on. If she is matured enough and not come back home this late, I wouldn’t have troubled you like this.” Your father thanked him.

“It’s okay, my pleasure.”

---

 

“OH MY GOD DAEBAK! OMO OPPA!”  You are still screaming, squealing on top of your lungs.

You rub your eyes, not believing the good news SM Entertainment has released.

“I AM NOT GOING TO MISS THIS CHANCE. KAI OPPA SHALL BE MINE!” You take your laptop and place it on your lap and you scroll down your twitter timeline.

Your timeline goes like this and all of the tweets were mentioning SM…

“Kai oppa, since you’re going to go solo soon, I am willing to sacrifice my sleep, school and social just to be your manager. Oppa, wait for me!”

“Kim Jongin, I will be loyal to you and hardworking for you because you know what, I LOVE YOU!”

“It has always been my dream to be a manager, now that I have the chance, I will not give it up. Kim Jongin oppa, please pick me and please take me as your manager.”

 

SM tweeted that Kai an EXO member is going for solo just to try out his dance and singing skills.

The conditions to be Kai’s manager are…

 

1) Must not be a crazy fan of his.

2) Must always know what schedule he has next.

3) Must not be a complain king/queen.

4) Must not let him die of hunger.

5) Must be hardworking and not lazy

6) Must be able to control their anger and not be mad at others.

And so on and so forth…

“I am a crazy fan of Kai oppa, I always forget my next lesson, I don’t always eat and if I’m tired, I’ll complain and I’m lazy.” You sighed and lay down on your back.

“But…” You turned your head to your side and face the poster of Kai in MAMA’S poster.

“But… I can’t let this slip away. I can change myself for oppa and to be oppa’s manager.”

“Yes I can!” You shoot up and breathe in with confidence.

“I CAN CHANGE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU KAI OPPA!” You shouted and throw your plushies on the air.

With new spirit now, you went to your twitter and mention SM.

“I want to be Kai oppa manager because I am not that crazy fan of his, I’ll always remember what things I have to do next. I’m not a complain queen because I know a complainer will not get their job done. And don’t you worry, Kai oppa, I like to always eat so I can avoid you to die of hunger. Lastly, I am a hardworking student at school. I hope you’ll pick me as your manager as that has always been one of my dreams.”

And with that full of lie paragraphs and a full stop, you clicked sent.

“Now that I have sent this, I have to change myself in case Kai oppa believe in me and pick me.” You prayed and close your laptop.

“I can’t be lazy…” You breathe in deeply when someone knocks your door.

“Hyulin, can you help me to buy some green tea, we run out!” It was your mum.

“AHHHHH OMMA, I’m tired.” You kicked your legs and lay down your bed.

There you go it doesn’t seem like you’re willing to change at all.

---

 

The next day, your whole class was talking in groups all about the same topic, about Kai’s going solo and his decision to pick his manager by himself.

You sat there alone, checking updates about Exo and your bias, Kai. It was so chaos that you can’t read the tweets slowly. Many fans have tweeted SM about why they want to be Kai’s manager and it seems like your confidence is going low.

“So much confidence in this tweet.” You pouted and sigh reading a tweet from a fan.

“It seems like I am not going to have the chance to be oppa’s manager. Her tweet is so good.” You sobbed and wiped your haven’t-fall-yet tears.

Niel came in the class and sat beside you, totally ignoring you.

You also totally ignored him and concentrate on sobbing about your chances of winning the manager place.

But you can’t hold your emotions in and look at Niel, “Niel…”

 You sobbed at the side of his shoulder. He looks over to you and make a shocked face, “What?”

“Niel-uh, I want to be Kai oppa manager but this girl tweet seems stronger than mine!” You kicked your legs, showing him your phone.

He take your phone and read the tweet, “Yeah, she seems like a strong competitor.”

“Did you take part in this, Hyulin?” He asked, giving you back your phone.

“Do you even know what I am talking about?” You rub your eyes.

“Yeah, about Kai doing solo and he’s picking out his own manager.” He said.

“How did you know?” You asked you in a curious tone.

“Well, do you remember that I once said my cousin is Exo’s fan club president?” He looked at you.

“Oh yeah you did. Did she take part?” You pout your bottom lip.

“Yeah and that tweet you’ve just shown me is her tweet.” He told you.

“WHAT? YOU SERIOUS?” You shouted, not caring about the other classmate.

“Quiet down, if you shout I will be covered in fan girls in a few minutes!” Niel closes your mouth.

“Sorry bro…” You calmed down, and look back up at him.

“She asked me my opinion about her tweet to SM and I said it was okay, that’s why she tweeted it.” Niel explained.

“Lucky for her then, she must be the one who Kai picked.” You sighed and closes your phone with its cover.

“Don’t give up. I’ll tell you something that I didn’t tell her about.” Niel get closed to you.

“First of all, Kai don’t want his manager to be a crazy fan of his and everyone knows that my cousin is the fan club president and if she says that to Kai, Kai may already figure out that she is a crazy fan who follows them everywhere they go and take pictures of them…”

“But that’s not what Kai wants. He wants a manager who is NOT a crazy fan.” He continued.

“Get what I’m trying to say here?” Niel shrugged his shoulder.

“So you mean if your cousin is the president of Exo’s fan club, she won’t get selected?”

“Yeah precisely. Because everyone knows fan club president is counted as one of those oceans of crazy fans.” He answered professionally.

“Oh…” You nodded and smiled, “So does that mean I may have the chance to be his manager?” Your eyes were bright.

“Show me your tweet then.” He asked and you did as he what he asked.

“I want to be Kai oppa manager because I am not that crazy fan of his, I’ll always remember what things I have to do next. I’m not a complain queen because I know a complainer will not get their job done. And don’t you worry, Kai oppa, I like to always eat so I can avoid you to die of hunger. Lastly, I am a hardworking student at school. I hope you’ll pick me as your manager as that has always been one of my dreams.”

“Well, Hyulin, I hope this is going to be true because I know all of this that you’ve write is lies.” Niel emphasized the word lie.

“I know its all lie but I’ll do anything to be Kai’s oppa manager.” You nod your head.

“I hope he picks you then.” He grinned and opens his textbook up.

“Thanks Niel, for making my morning happy!” You were somewhat relieved and you try to concentrate on the first lesson of the day.

---

 

“HYULIN!” You heard your name being called in the middle of the classroom hallway. You turned behind and Eunji was running towards you.

“Did you participate?!” She was panting.

“Yeah, I did. I won’t let this once in a lifetime chance to slip off my hands.” You smiled, walking towards the staircase.

“What did you tweet him?” She asked.

“If I win that ‘contest’ I will show you. Bye, I want to go home now.” You waved at her to go back home with a big wide smile on your face.

---

 

“Hi?”

Someone greeted you when you step out the school main gate.

“Hi…” You greeted him back.

---

 

Hope you all like the update!

Continue commenting about your thoughts, alright?

Love you <3