Assurance

Playful Trick

 

 

Sungmin was standing nervously. He has been walking back and forth while softly inhaling and exhaling stressfully through his mouth. His hands found the hem of the expensive outfi he is wearing, the soft clicking of his shoes against the carpeted spacious dressing room helped to less emphasized his panic walking of to and fro or else, Yesung might be probably fuming right now. He gets annoyed easily especially with repetitive things and the sounds that Sungmin is creating are not helping.

 
"Sungmin!" Yesung carefully moved the hand away from his face which is from the make up artist who is softly dabbing the foundation on his face. It is just four hours away from the start of the fanmeeting and short gala and he understands completely the nervousness coming from his brother.
 
He knows why his brother feels agitated. This is not his first time performing of course, his brother has had multiple concerts for the past years and this is one that they're gonna do is just a gala. They have decided, thanks to Kyuhyun's incessant push to limit the number of strenuous performance to a less tiring one for the sake of Sungmin. But that is not the case, the one topic that Sungmin dreaded the most is how he would be able to tell the fans that this would be his last performance for the rest of the year. And he has no insight on when he could come back. Yesung pities his brother in that aspect.
 
"Sungmin..." this time he draws out slowly and more carefully. He doesn't want to stress his younger brother more by shouting at him. Though it was not his nature to shout at his brother, no, not in eternity. He smiled apologetically at his make up artist and sighs thankfully that it was only the three of them inside the room or else it will attract more attention and question from the people around them. The least thing he wanted to do is to explain to these people and excusing his brother for the behavior that he is entitle to exhibit. 
 
"I will just talk to him," he whispered to the make up noona who smiled at him good-naturedly. In return, Yesung gazes back at him with a look of 'I trust you to be silent.' The noona just chuckled at him before exiting the room. Slowly, Yesung made his to where Sungmin was currently pacing back and forth. 
 
Yesung grabbed Sungmin's attention by taking a hold of his shoulders. Once Sungmin has managed to look at him, Yesung's gaze softened at the distraught look by Sungmin. His younger brother's exasperated look can not be masked by the make up put on him. Those eyebrows are etched in worry and Sungmin's lips are thinned in one line, clearly making him look so tired. Slowly, he hugged his brother and pat his back several times. He felt Sungmin trembled against him and how those small shoulders slumped in resignation under his hold. He felt his brother hugged him back lightly and Yesung can not help but to smile at the small gesture.
 
"You do not have to worry, minnie. You have hyung remember?" He tucked a lock or two behind Sungmin's ear and it was refreshing to see the small smile that his you ger brother gave back. "Now, why not call Kyuhyun. At least talk to him the gala starts and besides, is he not coming, what kind of husband is he?".
 
Yesung felt the small pat that Sungmin gave in his shoulder. A soft 'tsk' was heard as an answer and Yesung gave back a small playful pat to Sungmin's shoulder. At least now his brother responds and successfully take his mind away from the gala. 
 
" Yah hyung, you know that we are just keeping it low. Though he wanted to watch and constantly reasons out that no one will notice him especially with the number of people coming but you know we can not take a risk." Yesung can see the hidden fondness in his eyes whenever he talks about Kyuhyun and he wonders what makes Sungmin stop his self from expressing his self about Kyuhyun. "And I don't want to bother him anymore. He has been getting tired and burn out with all his schedules lately." And again, Yesung can't deny that there is an ounce of concern playing in that voice. Yesung smiled lightly, Sungmin looks so adorable with the small admiration he has for Kyuhyun.
 
"At least call him, you know." Sungmin eyed him weirdly and he can't blame his brother. He has been harsh on Kyuhyun ever since from the start. But he should admit too that he likes seeing Sungmin being doted upon by someone else other than him and Ryeowook. He feels safe and contented knowing that there is someone who loves Sungmin genuinely and although that the turn of events still don't deeply registered on him, he must start accepting things and just be happy for his brother. Besides, he can see the good heart that Kyuhyun has for his brother. At least with that, he can stop being so so so protective to his brother because there is already a person who will do it for him. " Come on, I am sure that Kyuhyun is worried as hell right now especiially that you instructed him not to call you. That is so cruel you know."
 
" Okay. Make sure that no one will hear us hyung." 
 
 
 
---
 
 
To say that Kyuhyun is hell bent worried is even an understatement. He has a schedule of shooting right now but his mind flies to Sungmin. Donghae had managed to distract him a couple of times but that won't stop his mind from flying to Sungmin whenever there is an opportunity. Luckily, he only has endorsement photoshoot right now or else he might not be able to deliver his lines accordingly. And he was not known for doing crappy work, Cho Kyuhyun is a perfection when it comes to his field. Though it offended him that Sungmin does not allowed him to watch his last performance but he understands where his Sungmin is coming from. 
 
Sacrifice. There would be a lot of it.
 
A short ring coming from his phone interrupted the pool of thoughts circulating his mind and an excitement coursed in him when he saw that is was Sungmin who is calling him. He immediately finds a spot where no one could walk on him talking or even hear their conversation, once he was sure he swiped the screen of his phone and excitedly greeted Sungmin.
 
"Min!" Biting his lips, he chiefly imagined Sungmin's face in his mind. How he really wishes that he is with Sungmin right now. He wants to hold him around his shoulders and put his chin atop that strawberry-filed scent hair. He imagines Sungmin protesting yet giving in to the embrace that I know he loved the most. Kyuhyun knows that it is safe to assume that at least Sungmin reciprocates a per cent of the same feelings that he has for him. He will hold on to that fact and he will use it to make Sungmin fall in love more to him. He will make a perfect family and lead a good life. 
 
 
---
 
 
Yesung wanted to punch that smile from Sungmin's face right now. No matter how much Sungmin hides it from him, he can never deny that he feels excited too just hearing the slightest from Kyuhyun. He instructed the other to call Kyuhyun but he instantly regretted it when he saw how Sungmin acted so ing in love in one corner. He saw how Sungmin gradually changed each day and it is because of Kyuhyun. He should be happy right now but he can not also hide the envy he feels from the couple. Maybe it is time to find one for his own.
 
The moment Kyuhyun chirped from the other line, he saw how Sungmin smiled shyly like a teenage girl who confesses to his crush in highschool. He knows when Sungmin gets excited and right now he sees that love-filed excitement from Sungmin's  whole features. His brother combed his hair back using his hand and bit his lips shyly while smiling fondly over the phone. He can also hear the short yet relieved 'hi' his brother gave to Kyuhyun. 
 
"I-I miss you too, Kyu." Yesung scoffed lightly at that. He was just thankful that Sungmin didn't hear and he can't also hear what they are talking about that. Yesung is quite sure that Kyuhyun is bombarding Sungmin set of cheesy words again.
 
"I have to go now Kyu. I- I just called to tell you that we are starting in a bit."
 
Idiot, you called him because his voice calms you down. Yesung muttered in his breath and basing on how Sungmin did not glare on him seems like his brother did not hear it.
 
"Okay, let us see later, I guess?" There is that mirth in those eyes again and Sungmin is biting his lips again, one is akin to an anticipating girl in love. "Ta-take care too." 
 
Sungmin closed his phone and put it safely in his bag. He stood up a but excitedly and more energetically compared earlier.
 
"Let's go?" Sungmin asked his hyung.
 
"Tsk. Wipe that stupid love grin in your face first."
 
Yesung countered and Sungmin lightly punched him.
 
 
 
---
 
 
Kyuhyun was tired as hell. He was excited to see Sungmin. Expecially right now that he feels like his body will drop any time. He needs to hear something about Sungmin too, he needs to know the other's condition. While in break earlier, he snuck off to browse the trending topics for today and he was not mistaken that one of them would be the indefinite hiatus from Sungmin. 
 
Different reactions scattered among the different platforms of media. He saw a lot of tweets from disappointed fans, he saw supportive tweets too and he also came across with uploaded pictures of crying fans from the recent gala and Kyuhyun's urge to know Sungmin's situation doubled. As he was about to click on the certain link containing the most recent news, Donghae tapped him on the shoulder.
 
"Kyuhyun, the crew and management will be throwing a congratulatory party later." Kyuhyun saw the worried look coming from Donghae knowing very well that he is really craving to go home and just cage Sungmin in his arms.
 
"And we can't say no for this Kyuhyun. They are our biggest project this year."
 
Kyuhyun slumped on his chair. Guess he just have to stay for at least three hours for the party and he is quite sure that Sungmin will not be immediately home either so it could be safe to at least stay for the next three hours. 
 
"Okay, hyung. But I could be there for only three hours. I need to go home and you know that."
 
"I understand Kyuhyun," Donghae chirped.
 
When Donghae already made his way out, Kyuhyun sent a message to Sungmin telling that he would not be home right after because of the party. He attached a few more kissing emoticons and a short giggling to his self before deciding to wrap up so he can proceed to the party and can get out if it as early as he can.
 
 
--
 
 
Sungmin was a bit saddened seeing Kyuhyun's text but he understands. Besides, he and Yesung will be holding a wrap up party too so it will just be fair for the both of them. But Sungmin is planning to go home a bit earlier but he thinks it is now unnecessary since Kyuhyun will be coming home later than him too.
 
What happened today is a total draining for him. Unconsciously his hand found his belly and rub it tenderly, he just prayed silently that the life inside of him can cope up with the strenuous activities today. He was thankful though, that his child is behaving well in him. No more cramps or sudden attack that he mentally praised his unborn child for that. 
 
" Hold on a bit more baby and after some few more hours we can hit the sack already." 
 
The lights are starting to dim and the staff and crew are beginning to get wild on their own. He saw his manager, Ryeowook and his brother Yesung conversing lightly in one corner so he decided to join them.
 
"Tired?" Ryeowook asked who pass a bowl of chips to him but declined since he is already tired and feeding his child some unhealthy food could sum up in a worse situation. "Oh, sorry."
 
" He has a wrap up party to attend too. So maybe all the three of us will be coming home a little more longer. So maybe I will just stay a bit longer since it would be my last time that I would be with these people." Just in time a group of crew noonas wave at him to which he responded good-naturedly.
 
Ryeowook followed the exchange of gestures and can't help his self but to smile proudly as to what Sungmin has attained for the past years he is an idol. 
 
Several hours had passed and seeing Sungmin is really close to falling asleep, Yesung and Ryeowook decided to bring him home. They excused their selves from the crowd after the three hours of talking to each and one of the crew thanking them for the services for the past years.
 
Sungmin texted Kyuhyun that he will be home in an hour. But in that one hour ride home, he received no text in reply. He tried not to think of it and just told his self that maybe Kyuhyun won't be home in the next hours and he doesn't need to wait for him anymore.
 
But something deep inside of him is nagging. A thought and another series of thought played in his mind. He tried to push it back and stopped his self from thinking ridiculous scenarios in his head. Is this how when you are slowly being attached to one person? It makes you think unnecessary and scary ideas?
 
"Any problem?" Yesung asked and Sungmin denied by nodding. But deep down inside his mind has been fabricating funy ideas.
 
What if Kyuhyun is dancing with a girl?
 
What if he is drinking and eventually make out with that person?
 
What if the reason that Kyuhyun doesn't reply to him is because he is and there is a girl beside him---?
 
He shook his head and tried to snap out from those thoughts. Kyuhyun can't and will not do it to him. He fairly trusts Kyuhyun and duh, that ash-hole is head over heels in love with him. He slept fell asleep in the car with those thoughts in his mind but he tightly hopes that when he wakes up, none of them is true.
 
 
---
 
 
To go home seeing Kyuhyun is what Sungmin is anticipating for.
 
But to see Kyuhyun over the couch with a woman under him is not what he expected to see.
 
The red dress of the woman is dangerously showing her legs and her privates, they are both reeking with alcohol and a daunting smile was playing with the girl's lips. Her hand was on Kyuhyun's head and Kyuhyun's hands are both on the girl's each side of head.
 
His eyes trained on the woman and he knew her. 
 
She is Victoria. A famous model. She endorses same magazine to where Kyuhyun was featured.
 
Sungmin was shocked and he can see with the way Kyuhyun responded, it was with shock. He was snapped out in his trance when Yesung haul Kyuhyun from the girl and held him in the collar. But Kyuhyun's weren't on Yesung but it was on him. He saw the swirl of explanations in those eyes.
 
But Sungmin chose to run in outside.
 
"Min!" 
 
He heard Kyuhyun called him. But he continued running no matter tired he was, even though his limbs are close to giving up already, he still struggled to run to the elevator. He cursed when Kyuhyun was able to run after him and managed to get inside. He was about to exit when the elevator door closes.
 
"Min," Kyuhyun's hand enlosed with his arm and he tried to shrug it off. kyuhyun called him again and this time more tender and more pleading. "Please..."
 
"Ho-how-- is she good?" Sungmin managed to take the hand from his arm. Then he looked at Kyuhyun sharply. A handed landed on his face and he realized Kyuhyun is wiping the angry tears from his eyes. He doesn't realize he was crying in the first place.
 
"Answer me!" 
 
"Min-"
 
"Does she kiss you better than me? Does she let you touches her in places I don't have?" 
 
Kyuhyun chuckled and this angered Sungmin more.
 
 
When the elevator opened, he was about tio run but Kyuhyun already had him in his grip. He struggled so hard til he was rendered to a mess. He was damn tired that he just let Kyuhyun drag them to the awaiting car. He saw Donghae standing smugly beside the car as he tossed the keys to Kyuhyun. Sungmin was left bewildered but Donghae just winked at him.
 
Before Kyuhyun drove off, Donghae offered a cheeky smile to Kyuhyun and salted back at him.
 
"Where are you bringing me? I swear if this is your way of romantically dumping me just drop me back at the unit so I can pack my bags so that you can Victoria senseless--"
 
"Min, Vic is my distant cousin."
 
"And let me just live with my hyung--"
 
"Min, I said Vic is my cousin!!!."
 
"Peacefully--what???"
 
This time he gave Kyuhyun an incredulous look and Kyuhyun laughed at the surprise look on Sungmin's face. 
 
"She was drunk as hell so I decided to bring her to our apartment as Hae hyung doesn't want to have the burden of bringing her home. Okay? So stop blabbering. But you look cute though."
 
Sungmin can't believe it. He was just angry for no reason. How can he lose his self over the simple fact that Kyuhyun Just brought his cousin home. Now Kyuhyun must be thinking he is some lunatic partner who gets jealous on relatives.
 
"Don't worked up yourself pretty, you look so cute though getting jealous like that.
 
"Shu-shut up. Just drive."
 
 
---
 
They ended up in a remote country side.
 
Kyuhyun brought him in a safe cliff overlooking the calm city of Seoul. The moment, they were parked safely, he immediately went down and took in the beauty that was displayed on front of him.
 
"Woah-woah, this is--" he wrapped his arms around him when a chilly wind danced past them. Soon, he felt arms hugging him from behind and a blanket covered him keeping him warm. Turns out, Kyuhyun was hugging him from behind as they were both wrapped with a blanket while standing.
 
"Sorry min. I know you are tired but I think this day is especial. And you celebrated it with other people and I can't let it pass by not celebrating it with you."
 
From the inside, Sungmin tried putting his hand to where Kyuhyun's hand meet on his wait. He was speechless. He was tired but Kyuhyun brought him to such beautiful and very calming place that he was left gaping in awe.
 
Slowly he faced Kyuhyun. He disentagled his self from Kyuhyun's embraced and shyly, he looked at his eyes. Sungmin can see the bright colors from the city below reflecting in Kyuhyun's eyes. That makes those orbs look more beautiful and mostly, he can see his own form in those eyes that he knows only look at him.
 
He felt guilty thinking that Kyuhyun is cheating at him.
 
"Are you telling the truth when you say she is just your cousin?" Sungmin quietly asked. And he doesn't know where he gets the courage to hold Kyuhyun's face tenderly between his palms. Perhaps because he was so relieved at the thought that it was only him and no one else.
 
Kyuhyun wrapped the blanket around them again but this time Sungmin is facing him and his hands rest on the part just above Sungmin's rear. Without thinking, he kissed Sungmin's forehead and he was glad at how Sungmin eagerly leaned against him.
 
"I am telling the truth min. You can confirm that when she wakes up tomorrow."
 
Silence lapsed between them until Kyuhyun decided to speak.
 
"How about you, tell me something true."
 
Kyuhyun challenged and Sungmin felt a smile against his forehead.
 
Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and meet his eyes and softly he answered.
 
"You want the truth?"
 
Kyuhyun nodded and he can see the playful excitement in those eyes.
 
" I badly wanted to tell you that yes I was jealous."
 
Kyuhyun was surprised at the seriousness dripping in Sungmin's voice.
 
"And I badly wanted to be yours one and only."
 
Kyuhyun was about to say something when Sungmin put a finger on his lips.
 
 
 
"Shhh, me and only me."
 
Kyuhyun can't take it anymore so he covered those inviting lips with his, and he swallowed all the fierce want coming from Sungmin. Tongue against tongue, hands in each other's hair as the blanket slowly made its way  to the bountiful sheet of grass. A gush of heat embracing them and for a while, they are in their own world. 
 
Only them. Only Kyuhyun and Sungmin and no one else.
 
When they parted for air, a string of saliva in between their lips and an evident fire igniting between them. Kyuhyun badly wanted to engulf those swollen and red lips in front of him.
 
"Because Kyu. I don't have no one else. Only you."
 
 
 
 
A/n: did sungmin officially confess to Ky?  Hihihi comments please for motivation huhu pease don't be a silent reader. It hurts my kokoro lol. I am excited for the next chap hahah sorry if this one is boring this is just a filler so we can have a turn of events ..see ya.