is it love?

Playful Trick

I shouldn’t hurry the words, “I love you”

I don’t want my love to seem light

I wanna hold your hands

(Everytime I’m thinking about you)

 

 

It has been three days, three boring days since he last saw kyuhyun.

Three hectic days … since he last heard of his voice and Sungmin’s not doing any better, not in this state.

He dropped down his pen in unceremonious manner, eye shutting down as he massaged the bridge of his nose, back slouching and crumpled papers littered everywhere.

After that unexpected confession from the both of them, Sungmin thought he could already think of the best lyrics, one that can trigger happy moments through poignant memories, those that could paint bitter smiles through touching lyrics, those that could make you happy by trudging the depth of heartrending lyrics.

That’s how lee Sungmin creates melodies through words, always contradicting yet it never fails to send the exact meaning of unsaid emotions.

Using the same logic, Sungmin has never been good with words, it has to be music or music has to be it.

And kyuhyun successfully hit him, chose the most right song, sang with the most right emotions, looking at Sungmin with eyes that expressed nothing but love, eyes that reflects nothing but Sungmin. Through music, he has able to captivate the man sitting vulnerably before him.

Sungmin stared on his phone waiting for someone to call him or even text him.

An update regarding the song or maybe a greeting from his manager or maybe the daily horoscope he had subscribed to.

Or maybe a simple “hey” from kyuhyun.

 

 

 

 

---

He jolted from his sleep when suddenly harsh knocks was heard from his door and when he looked at his clock, it says 10:45 pm. Pulling his crumpled shirt to straighten it out, he put down his specs and kicked out the pieces of paper that lie innocently over the carpeted floor.

 

Moments later the harsh knocks filled the silent room of Sungmin. Stretching his arms, he half yelled to the person outside to wait up for him then silently cursing under his breath as the said person didn’t even slow down his knocks which may wake up his neighbors.

 

“the … I have a doorbell okay?” he skidded through his messy room skillfully and did a scan to his flat, if it his manager, he’s sure he’ll be a dead meat as his sunbae has an OCD, and not even a speck of dirt should be seen once he set his foot there.

 

But his manager wouldn’t come at this hour unless it’s an emergency. Upon entertaining the idea, Sungmin didn’t bother to look at the intercom and immediately dialed down the codes.

 

And when he opened it, the person he badly wanted to see the most welcomed him. Eyes boring in him, lips twitching into a smile and arms enveloping him in a hug, the scent even made him a little bit dizzier.

 

Kyuhyun rested his chin over Sungmin’s head, “I miss you Sungmin, I miss you.”

 

The smaller man didn’t answer as emotions surged in him, perplexed with why Kyuhyun is here and at the same time how to let go of his tight embrace with Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin closed his eyes and loosened his hold around kyuhyun; with his hands over his heaving chest, he scrambled away from the taller man leaving the latter standing dumbfounded at the door mumbling words he thinks only him can hear.

 

“pfffttt.. I miss you too.”

 

---

Kyuhyun set the food he bring over Sungmin’s table while silently practicing the lines he will recite to the younger later and as he side eyes the man, he saw the constant scrunch of eyebrows and groaning of the other man.

 

He creepily went at the back of the chair and grabbed the hands of Sungmin, “tired?”

 

The voice is so calm and deep and Sungmin seems like falling again on it, he just let kyuhyun massaged his head before opening his eyes, smiling as he saw how kyuhyun intently wanted to make him feel good.

 

He looked directly at kyuhyun and despite the shadow created by his face to kyuhyun’s face, he can still the brush forming on the apple of his cheeks.

 

“why are you blushing when you are just massaging me?”

 

Kyuhyun suddenly felt uneasy as how Sungmin is staring intently at him that he didn’t notice that his last touch suddenly adds more pressure to Sungmin’s temples earning a yelp from the younger.

 

“serves you right. You were so cold and y to me before and now you acted like you are so in love with me and seems like nothing happened”

 

Kyuhyun flicked Sungmin’s forehead before stealing an upside kiss on the younger’s soft lips.

 

“that…”

 

Sungmin glared at him while trying to keep his senses from what kyuhyun did.

 

“…serves you right.”

---

 

 

“from the way you engulfed all the food I bought,” kyuhyun took a mouthful of his pasta, “have you eaten ming?”

 

Sungmin gulped his red wine first before answering kyuhyun whose jaw is already touching the floor because Sungmin’s way of eating.

 

“I haven’t had any dinner and the last time I ate is this morning,” another bite from the pizza and then a spoonful of pasta, Sungmin is back again inhaling the food kyuhyun bought.

 

“kyuhyunnie,” kyuhyun shot his head up, unable to answer as how Sungmin called him though the mouth is full and traces of food smudged over his face, kyuhyun quite still find it adorable and beautiful.

 

“when will you come and bring food to me again?”

 

Kyuhyun stared unbelievingly at Sungmin, “yah-“

 

“please?” Sungmin pleaded under those batting eyelashes and pouting lips to which both of them knows no one can resists, “pretty please?”

 

“fine only if you let me sleep here tonight,” and kyuhyun has give himself a glass of water as he how the smaller man’s face turned into a cute one to a horrified face. The other has his eyes almost bulging and mouth hanging wide open yet kyuhyun has no plans to take his words back.

 

“I’ll bring you food everyday in exchange of letting me sleep here anytime I want,” with a last sip to his wine and a playful smirk, kyuhyun left Sungmin with his two pasta dishes and a 3 slices of pizza still unable to fully process what kyuhyun had said.

 

“deal?”

 

Kyuhyun stood up, rounded the corner, pecked Sungmin’s oily lips before sending a short wink.

 

“deal.” He said not even waiting Sungmin’s answer.

 

---

Silence filled the whole kitchen room and only the sounds of water, the clatter of plates and the soft hum coming from Sungmin echoes in it, other than that a comfortable silence surrounds them.

 

After contemplating some words inside his mind, kyuhyun closed the gaps between him and Sungmin and after again some hesitant moment, he decided to speak.

 

“Sungmin,”

 

The smaller man stopped washing the dishes as he heard kyuhyun’s worried voice calling him. Something in it seems wrong, off maybe but for a deep person like Sungmin small things like that is so easy for him to notice.

“something’s wrong?”

 

Sungmin can see how kyuyun’s grip to the plate became evident as the veins in his hands shows a bit and the way other evaded his stare really sets an off feeling for the both of them. He approached kyuhyun despite not knowing what to do and even feeling awkward as things between them is not that clear.

 

To what kind of relationship they have is not even clear.

 

‘do you… “

 

Kyuhyun set aside the plate and took hold of his wet hands, “do you really love me?”

 

That sets Sungmin to the edge.

 

“or you are just feeling some sort of sympathy over me because-“

 

 

Just how kyuhyun’s words splutter one after the other, just how his breathing came one after the other, just emotions became unbearable one after another were also how Sungmin’s kisses became getting sweeter and sweeter every damn time.

 

Soft lips stopped him from rambling, wet hands gripped the sides of the arms, and toes standing in front of his own, tip toed in way that their heads are of the same height.

 

Sungmin kissed him and he felt like dying.

 

The smaller man stared at him shyly and as Sungmin put his heels down, he scratched the back of his nape while waiting for kyuhyun to say even a single word and when kyuhyun didn’t Sungmin smiled tenderly at kyuhyun, “do I need to kiss you like in dramas just for you to shut up?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled unbelievingly.

 

“I told you to court me”

 

Sungmin childishly played the hem of his shirt and this one is totally new to kyuhyun as the side he knows to Sungmin is his defiant and diva side not this childish and shy type.

 

“I told you I want,” the other breathed in deeply, “to fall in love with you too right?”

 

This time it was Kyuhyun’s turn to breathe in deeply, the weight of the words suddenly seems heavier than before.

 

Kyuhyun hugged Sungmin, arms winding around the frail yet chubby body, taking in the scent he loved since before. His fingers found Sungmin’s hair and threaded it letting Sungmin to relax through those touches.

 

“do I need to make you fall in love…” he pushed Sungmin a little to make him look at his eyes, though shyness creeping on the both of them they need to fix this out…” with me?

 

Sungmin opened his mouth and kyuhyun anticipated for his answer yet what shocked kyuhyun were not Sungmin’s words but the other’s actions. The smaller man put his palm on kyuhyun’s nape, pulling the taller man flushed and almost to his level.

 

“I don’t know,” almost a whisper, so softly spoken against the supple flesh of his lips, kyuhyun felt at lost again.

 

Sungmin closed his eyes slowly as words hurried to escape from those red lips, “I don’t know kyu, I don’t know.”

 

Everything went fast.

 

Lips against lips, hungry feeling each other.

 

Hands seeking each other body’s warmth, almost desperately clinging.

 

Eyes closed, opened hearts.

 

Kyuhyun carried Sungmin but only to sit him up over the counter not even minding the pile of dishes and wet cloths all that matter is the answer they’ve been looking for.

 

They said actions speak louder than words but there are times actions speak differently and if interpreted into words, they became twisted.

 

And in some difficult times, words are plenty to describe a feeling but what is lacking in the moment are actions.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin is still on the stage where actions are so strong yet emotions are stronger that they don’t know how to control …how to express it.

 

And when they tried to put into words, it sends them to frustrations.

 

Love is a strong word, an extreme action, an ineffable feeling.

It doesn’t need to be sought out, it is simple as day yet as complicated as night.

Love is like a day- it exposes you to a lot of things, to a lot of wonderful and beautiful things.

It is also as breathtaking like night, it leaves you lost in the dark yet it puts you to sleep and gives you plenty of wonderful dreams.

 

 

Sungmin and kyuhyun is at lost yet they were exposed to the most wonderful things about feelings.

 

“I want more,” he breathed out with a fire of lust, building under his eyes hooded with tons of emotions.

 

Kyuhyun opened sungmin's legs more, settling his self at the middle as his hands pushed Sungmin closer to him as if never letting go and at the same time creating burning lust on Sungmin’s back as he continuously rub it with soothing circles.

 

He the bottom lip, swiped his tongue as he forced it inside.

 

Sungmin moaned, kyuhyun is close humping him back.

 

He moved lower, lips looking for the special spot while his left had reached the hem of Sungmin’s shirt, lifting it up but only to slide his hand underneath it.

 

“ahhh,” it came out as a short pained mewl but kyuhyun knows what to do better.

 

He pinched Sungmin’s nub and rolled it between his deft fingers and his lips not leaving the hot hollow juncture under Sungmin’s chin. Their kiss turning fiercer and fiercer just like how the need to answer the questions circulating inside their minds got stronger at every moment, just like how they feel there is a need to show how desperate they are to each other.

 

They just keep on touching each other’s body.

 

Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin’s body and the other wrapped his legs around kyuhyun as they try hard not to bump into things.

 

“go straight, turn left, first room” Sungmin said in one breathing to which kyuhyun quickly followed suit.

 

His hard s almost protruding through his shirt and faintly scratching over kyuhyun’s clothed one. Kyuhyun kicked the slightly opened room and carefully placed Sungmin over the foot of the bed.

 

They stared at each other lovingly. Kyuhyun took off his shirt and so does Sungmin not even a single second leaving each other’s gazes.

 

The moonlight touches the bare skin of Sungmin.

 

Kyuhyun’s silhouette dances on Sungmin face.

 

Their eyes reflecting each other faces, hearts mirroring same affection…

 

Kyuhyun reached up to Sungmin’s face and kissed the top of his head, he tenderly asked,

 

“do you think I need to make you fall in love in me.”

 

Sungmin chuckled, closed his eyes before deciding to voice out the emotions he had hidden very well.

 

“kyuhyun..” he gulped.

 

“if your heart beats rapidly just seeing that face, if your stomach clenches into knots just by remembering his voice… if..

 

He finds it hard to say the next words as he saw how calm Kyuhyun’s face despite his anxious state. Lying under kyuhyun with nothing but his pants and bare chest, those scrutinizing eyes, inside a dark room, caged under the arms of the man who is the sole source of you problem is no joke.

 

 

 

“if you want to kiss that person badly because that’s the only way to calm this one,” he slowly placed his hand over his bare chest…where his heart was placed

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“is that love?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: hmmmmm since it's joyday i am giving an update woohohoh ..

lol for those sulking why i didn't upate last week becos i said it in my blog that i'll be updating on kyumin's fay:))

SIDE EYES SILENT READERS I THINK I DESERVE TO HEAR SOMETHING FROM YOU SINCE IT IS KYUMIN DAY TEEHEE~

if you find this okay you might also upvote? teehee idk :)0 but anyways HUUUGGGGGGGSSS~! happy kyumin day again:))