chances

Playful Trick

Pale face.

Labored breathings.

A hand clutching on his own.

Nothing registered on Yesung’s mind except the pained expression painted on Sungmin’s face.

It happened so fast or must he say, it happened unexpectedly that right at the moment Sungmin collapsed on the floor, Yesung was left standing absentmindedly as he tries to digest what was happening to his brother.

And if not for the faint murmur of his name, he wouldn’t realize that Sungmin was slumped on the floor, knees bend as the pain coming from his abdomen doubled in seconds passing by.

 

“Su-Sungmin.”

 

It was the most erratic moment in Yesung’s life.

 


 

Several hands dab on his face. Someone pats his side of face here and another noona applied a concealer on the lower part. Everybody is busy transforming him to his another persona, to make him more presentable in front of the camera, not that he is not appealing to start with but with his chosen profession, he was only Cho Kyuhyun when the camera stopped rolling.

The constant thumping of the muscle in one of his temples just added fuel to his anger. Up to this point, the confrontation he had with Yesung was still fresh in his memory. The decision was purely selfish, unsolicited and demanding but probing on the deeper side of the conflict, was the decision really that harsh as it seems to be?

He planned it out with Sungmin but that hell of a guy proceeded with a concert.

Now he is on his last straw.

At the back of his mind, he is picturing Sungmin’s smile. His giggles. Or his adorable pouts.

But then there is this one moment of hesitation of what ifs.

What if Sungmin never liked any bit of it, was the punch he landed on Yesung could justify enough? 

What if telling Yesung this little secret in order to stop the concert would just makes things worse?

What if ….Sungmin realized…he doesn’t need my opinions just how much he doesn’t need me.

Kyuhyun slacked back on his chair.

Thes questions brought more headache and pan in him more than the small bruise forming at his jaw.

His eyes glanced warily over his phone, silently waiting for Sungmin’s call.

But it never came.

 


 

Yesung paced back and forth.

It happened so fast that at first they were just arguing.

He can still remember how Sungmin said it, how it rolled off from his mouth. Yesung can still hear Sungmin’s tiny voice, fear ringing along with it, that he’s carrying a child in him. That he was abnormal, a freak. Yesung can still hear the names his brother called to his self, how the younger cried and how he pleaded his acceptance.

Then it was a blur. 

He shouted as Sungmin cowered at the corner.

He asked him why but Sungmin, his little brother, just cried.

Sungmin cried until Yesung saw him writhing in pain.

He lift Sungmin over the couch as his hands move to find where his phone is, sungmin's painful whimpers fall in the background as Yesung's fears morphed into reality and finally Sungmin's words sink into him, hitting him hard.

 

"Hey, hey. Tell me what to do Sungmin, minnie." Yesung's small hands held Sungmin, his thumb ghosting over the pale skin as it tries to run after the thick beads of swaet rolling from Sungmin's temple down to his chin mixing with the fat tears that falls one after the other.

 

He reached on Sungmin's back then to his abdomen and Sungmin moaned causing Yesung to panic more. He knows he needed sungmin to bring to the hospital but he doesn't know where and as much as he wanted to call Kyuhyun, his goddamn pride held him down. 

 

Calling Kyuhyun means accepting defeat.

 

"Hyung," Sungmin croaked, trying to even out his breathing. 

 

Yesung rubbed Sungmin's back tenderly, and as he observed how the other's eyes zoned out, those eyebrows scrunching in pain, his heart can't take it anymore and he needs to do something. 

 

"Just ca-call Kyuhyun, hyung. Call him for me please."

 

Yesung froze, there goes his defeat.

 

But he knows he gotta do something and calling Kyuhyun is the right thing.

 

 


 

 

"Okay cut!"

 

Kyuhyun harshly wiped the sweat on his forehead and the make up artists immediatly approached him, hands again on his skin as they maintained the look of a drug lord on his face, that mask was supposed to take him out temporarily from his world, from where he always sees Sungmin. But for an unknown reason, he hears Sungmin. He can feel Sungmin, his lips above him. It feels right when he's with Sungmin just how right it feels when his name rolled off from Sungmin's sinful mouth, when the smaller man is under him, writing on his own bed.

 

But no matter how wonderful the thoughts running in his head, somewhere at the back of his mind there is this feeling of fear, panic and unsettling emotion that he doesn't know where it came from. It makes him uneasy as if there is a nagging voice telling him to call Sungmin.

 

He bit his lip, should he?

 

But Kyuhyun just bitterly chuckled, Sungmin must be angry right now and he'll just deal with the smaller man later when he got home, when he knows they could just cuddle after a fight.

 

He smiled, this time, a smile for anticipation.

 

Yes, later, when Sungmin is mad, probably when he's fuming like a cute chipmunk, Kyuhyun will hug him and he'll whisper I love yous and he doesn't care if he doesn't get one back as long as sungmin is with him, beside him, as long as Sungmin doesn't push him out.

 

 

If only he just took another moment to check his phone...

 

 


 

 

Yesung has no choice but to call Ryeowook and thankgoodness Sungmin's manager came in a manageable speed. If there's one man that he totally trusted his brother, that would be the manager. Ryeowook has been with Sungmin even before as a trainee, the two had established friendship more than anyone could achieve. Ryeowook is a friend, a parent, a hyung and he envies Ryeowook so much because of how fast he accepted Kyuhyun.

 

He envies Ryeowook because he had spent so many years with Sungmin while he bask the victorious feeling of fame. And now Sungmin is in pain and no matter how much he blames Kyuhyun, Yesung knows he's just blaming his self, because no matter how much he blames Kyuhyun, he knows he is the one who harbors horrid and heinous feelings.

 

They got to the hospital and there he met Sungmin's team of doctors. They wheeled his brother in a different direction, away from the scrutinizing eyes of the people. He observed Ryeowook - how he talks, to whom he converesed the problem- and he realized, he had been missing a great part in Sungmin's life.

 

Everything is planned. 

 

His brother has doctors, a private place to stay and there he was, totally clueless as if a bystander who happened to pass. Yesung realized how Kyuhyun and Ryeowook managed to fix everything and there he was, acting like a kid, when in fact he should be the understanding one.

 

"Did you already call Kyuhyun?"

 

Ryeowook's question cut him out from his train of thoughts.

 

"I did. I called him before you but he's not answering his phone." 

 

The manager paced to and fro in front of him, "He must be filming today, Donghae told me this would be his last drama before the quarter ends. Did you call Donghae?"

 

Yesung looked past Ryeowook, he can see the doctors attending to his brother, he nodded sideways nonetheless. They are taking blood from Sungmin's arm, an oxygen mask on his face and Yesung shivered at the condition he had done to Sungmin.

 

If only he didn't assume the worst out of Sungmin's words. If only he didn't worked Sungmin up.

 

It wouldn't result to something like this.

 

 


 

 

Ryeowook was gone again to fix everything about the concert. Yesung had thought of it very hard, and there is no way he'd put Sungmin to another set of stress. Though he hasn't map everything out to Sungmin as the other was sleeping peacefully, he guessed this one should be taken to his own hands. After all, he knows Sungmin would just refuse to agree with him in the pretext of other's sincere understanding to his hyung. He knows Sungmin treasures him a lot and this project is his ultimate dream to come tru and no way Sungmin would refuse it . So he decided to just hold a fanmeeting and maybe they could just sing a two or three of their songs.

 

He felt sorry for Ryewook because, he has to talk it out with the production team and again, Yesung felt like he failed another person.

 

He tentatively the sides of his phone and as he watched Sungmin lying on top of that stupid hospitable bed, he figured out with bitterness, Sungmin needs him.

 

And he also figured out that Sungmin needs Kyuhyun more.

 

 

 

He approached Sungmin, his hands moved on its own, with a bit of tremble, he reached out at Sungmin's small bump. It wasn't fully there, but Yesung knows it is there, it is real and it feels so precious under the tips of his fingers.

 

"Hey angel, you must thank me because I accept your goddamn father so this father of yours better be the best man in the world."

 

He reached for his phone and dialed Kyuhyun's number.

 

"Because I only want the best for my Sungmin."

 

And Kyuhyun is the only one that made Yesung understand how he was.

 

 


 

 

On how many times Kyuhyun had cursed that time, Donghae lost it. 

 

Yesung was on right timing, the crew was already packing up and the filming had already finshed when Sungmin's brother called them telling Kyuhyun on the phone that Sungmin collapsed. Without a word, Kyuhyun dashed tto his car and Donghae was lucky he climbed in immediately before Kyuhyun managed to sped off.

 

As a manger, he wanted to ask things but seeing Kyuhyun's distressed form, he just chose to shut up.

 

If there is so someone who would be the proudest of all when it comes to Kyuhyun, it would be Donghae. 

 

He knows that even at an early age, Kyuhyun's going to be an awesome father.

 

Back then when he scouted Kyuhyun, the kid told him his dreams. Kyuhyun told him how he would make his parents proud in heaven, little Kyuhyun told him the dreams he has in his head, the plans for his future and Donghae had seen those dreams come true right before his eyes.

 

So when Kyuhyun told him about Sungmin, how Sungmin was his dream.

 

Donghae knows Kyuhyun can get the young man, what Kyuhyun dreams, he gets.

 

And when Kyuhyun told him his plans about Sungmin, about him being a father, his dreams for his family, Donghae knows Kyuhyun will be an awesome father.

 

Beacuse what Kyuhyun dreams, he gets.

 

 


 

 

The doctor who attended Sungmin immediately approached Kyuhyun when he saw him wheezing along the hallways. Though Kyuhyun was dying to see Sungmin, he sensed that the physician's words would be of great urgency.

 

"Mr. Cho-"

 

"No just call me Kyuhyun," he smiled tenderly to the doctor. Sungmin and him owed a lot to this trustworthy person of science and as much as he wanted to be formally addressed, he also wanted to estabish a friendly relationship to the man who will guide him and Sungmin for the next seven months.

 

The doctor answered with a brief smile before proceeding with a serious face.

 

"Kyuhyun, do you remember the discusssion we had before?" The doctor waited for Kyuhyun's reaction before he continue the rest of the conversation. BUt Kyuhyun just looked anywhere but the doctor's face.

 

Is this the right time? BUt how about his career? Sungmin's career?

 

"I- I think i need to discuss this with Sungmin first. Is he awake?"

 

The doctor looked at Donghae's direction first before he turned his back silently asking the two men to follow him.

 

"He should be conscious at this time. Don't worry we run tests on him and everything's alright. To what had happened is the question that shouldn't be directed to me," the doctor assumed already that Kyuhyun would be asking so he had said it beforehand, "but Kyuhyun..," he looked over his shoulder to fully address the man.

 

"I advised Sungmin to stay away from stress, every little thing about him is sensitive and any stressful stimuli could lead to something like this."

 

"I am sorry doctor," Kyuhyun pondered so well the previous discussions the had with the doctor and suddenly he feels like he has no choice but to proceed with that plan.

 

"You have to talk it out with Sungmin a much as possible."

 

And a tap full of concern on his shoulder left Kyuhyun to fully comprehend the situation.

 

 

 

The line of worry etched on Kyuhyun's face suddenly faded out the moment he saw Sungmin sleeping soundly on bed. It is amazing how Sungmin's presence simply calm him, even just by seeing sungmin breathe peacefully made Kyuhyun's heart to burst in utter joy, and the simple situation had urge a smile on his lips.

 

"Hey. I miss you."

 

Kyuhyun's hover the tired skin of Sungmin and he lets himself get drowned at the unmarred and pristine pach of skin shown just above his collarbones. Truly, Sungmin is a fine young man. His fingers graze over Sungmin's fingers, touching them individually as if checking if those hands are really owned by a man because Kyuhyun thinks they are beautiful. They are soft-looking and using such judgment as an poor excuse to weave his own calloused fingers with Sungmin's innocent ones. His hands were rough because one time he starred in a show where he was mountain climbing and Kyuhyun suddenly wants to take Sungmin to the mountains.

 

Anywhere that is peaceful, anywhere away from stress.

 

"You said last time that you missed me, now I am here. So, please wake up."

 

He kissed Sungmin's knuckles tenderly attempting to wake the other up.

 

He knows Sungmin needs rest but the doctor already told him that Sungmin should be awake by now and it pains Kyuhyun to wait for more.

 

He needs to see Sungmin eyes staring at him.

 

He needs to hear Sungmin calling his name.

 

"Please wake up..."

 

Kyuhyun felt the hand he was holding twitching slowly and answered back by giving it a small pressure hoping Sungmin will feel it and eventually open his eyes.

 

 


 

 

"Kyuhyun," Sungmin's voice croaked the moment he saw Kyuhyun. 

 

Upon hearing Sungmin, Kyuhyun abruptly pulling Sungmin in a tight embrace but careful enough not to hurt him. After the hours of silence and and hours of unwanted thoughts playing in his mind, Kyuhyun concludes Sungmin's voice is the only one that can calm him.

 

His hands held Sungmin's face and tenderly and without hesitation, he placed his lips above Sungmin's chapped ones, nibbling on it and holding the man in place. He heard Sungmin gasped through his lips and there's nothing he wanted to do but to feel the smaller man against him, he Sungmin's lower lip with his tongue before it and letting it go.

 

He likes how red and wet Sungmin's lips had becoms after the kiss that Kyuhyun wanted more if not for the fact that Sungmin had just woken up.

 

"How are you feeling?"

 

 Kyuhyun tried to move Sungmin a bit on the side so they can both settle on bed. He turned his side to Sungmin and Sungmin raised his hand with IV drip as if admiring how it was connected to his skin, slowly his other hand traced the tube connecting to him and Kyuhyun just silently watched with amusement.

 

"I am fine. It is just-" Sungmin blinked a couple of times because of the hair falling on his eyes, Kyuhyun reached out to tuck it behind Sungmin's ears.

 

"I feel tired." Kyuhyun knows Sungmin meant more than that.

 

He put Sungmin's hands down because seeing Sungmin tracing the IV drip is suddenly disturbing. The words he wanted to say automatically moved in its place inside his head, as if they are trying to form a coherent sentence and later on force its way out of his mouth.

 

He sighed but not before kissing those hands again.

 

"Do you think it is time for us to move ...somewhere in the outskirts of Seoul?"

 

Sungmin breath hitched. He knows where this one is going . He is not clueless because they had talked this one before together with his doctor. 

 

They said they have a secluded hospital in one of the provinces surrounding Seoul, probably a forty-five minuts of travel. It is near the sea and Sungmin once dreamt of living near the sea. He said it won't be a problem to find a house near the hospital thus they both agreed.

 

But never had Sungmin thought that the resettlement could be this early.

 

"Doctor already told you?" He turned to his side, probably to seek for Kyuhyun, so that he could put his head under Kyuhyun's chin

 

"Doctor already told you?" He turned to his side, probably to seek for Kyuhyun, so that he could put his head under Kyuhyun's chin.

When he did, Kyuhyun immediately tucked him safely, caging him with his arms and rubbing thoughtless patterns on his back. He feels like he is going to fall asleep again but he didn’t want to. Because he wants to see Kyuhyun to fall asleep first so he would be sure that Kyuhyun won’t leave him.

So that when he wakes up, Kyuhyun would still be there.

And it was him that Kyuhyun will see the very moment he opens his eyes.

"Yeah. That is why we need totalk this out to your hyung. We need to be honest,min." Talking about yesung hyung made Kyuhyun to bit back his tongue, he was so confident to voice his thoughts out until he realized that he hasn't sorted this out with Sungmin. 

 

How to tell your boyfriend that you punched his brother’s face just because he is a douche?

Okay, that was Kyuhyun’s dilemma.

Sungmin poked Kyuhyun’s nose, using his free hand, but his eyes are closed and Kyuhyun wants that. He likes seeing Sungmin from that position because he can clearly see the bump of his cheeks, the curve of his lips and the way Sungmin’s nose points and touches the fabric of his shirt.

He kissed Sungmin’s crown before he started rubbing the smaller’s back gain.

“It’s okay, I mean- hyung is just being protective and it is getting out of place. Someday or maybe—“ Sungmin trembled, Kyuhyun hugged him more, “ just someday he’ll understand.”

Silence relapsed on them but it was comfortable.

“I am glad you are not mad at me min, you don’t know how much I worked my brain out just to think of how you would forgive me.” Kyuhyun felt Sungmin giggled beside him, and it was a contagious one, it ripples on the walls of his ears and it tugs his heart, Sungmin’s laugh is melodious.

They both laugh in their silliness and Kyuhyun swear Sungmin is the cutest guy ever.

 

“Hey Kyu, do you know on what month I am right now?”

 

Kyuhyun stopped giggling and looked at Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“You don’t know? Yah!”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes doubled, is this what they call as mood swings in pregnancy?

“You are on your second month next week, min.” Then he saw Sungmin smile nicely, a color of pink slightly forming at the apple of his cheeks and Kyuhyun wondered how the young man was able to show different reactions in a split of time. He wondered if the succeeding months would be hell because if that would be the case, then he should start really treating Sungmin like a princess.

Then what more surprised him is a wet kiss landed on his lips and a spluttered out-of-wits Sungmin nervously shifted away from him.

“Wha-what was that?”

Sungmin turned his back on him on a very torturous pace and Kyuhyun waited for Sungmin to finally settle into a comfortable position.

“That—“

Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Sungmin’s waist then he placed his head just and inch above the other, going back to their previous position only that Sungmin is facing him his back right now, then he pulled Sungmin closer at him.

“is for being a good—“

 

“hmmmm,min?”

 

Sungmin grumbled, “a go-good husband.”

 

“But we’re not married yet Sung-“

 

“Shut up or I’ll kick you.”

 

Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin’s nape and he felt the other shivered under his actions but then he heard Sungmin’s smile and he felt Sungmin’s hand holding his own.

 

Kyuhyun think he is falling in love harder than ever.

 

And he can’t wait to move into the place outside of Seoul, together with Sungmin, in their new house.

 

And from that, he'll take chances.


 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I am back hihi . I am so proud of guys because you re still here reading my fic huhuhu i love you all. And i read your comments everything all of them!~~ thank you so much for encouraging me. I hope that you will leave me comments becos i really read them and i love them and they serve as motivation for me. You don't know how much it cheers the author. Huuhuhu. AND THANK YOU FOR UPVOTES. we are soo near to the MOST EXCITING PART OF THE STORY ..harhar .. see you on the next update which is a few days from now.