Captivated

Playful Trick

PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU read the A/N AFTER!

 

Three weeks had passed since they had their last contact with each other.

 

After their lip-locking session that night of which they fell into deep sleep after, kyuhyun tried to contact the younger. They woke up with aching bodies as they juts spent the night over the uncomfortable couch and kyuhyun has to question his self how come they end up sleeping over there. The following breakfast is too stiff that Sungmin left without them talking, without them clearing any misunderstood emotions and such. And kyuhyun can’t help but to feel listless with it.

 

He stared on his phone several times before deciding to call Donghae, his manager.

 

“hyung,” kyuhyun sighed Donghae seems to be in a good mood, from that, he could devise his plan so well.

 

A “what” came from the other line, faintly surprised that kyuhyun called him past the working time.

 

“I want a break for the rest of the week.” Kyuhyun said with a hopeful voice to which Donghae finds a bit amusing. Kyuhyun never asks break from him unless he’s really not feeling well but sensing from the voice it seems that kyuhyun is hiding something from him.

 

“oh are you having a date?” and Donghae can hear kyuhyun choking on his own saliva somewhat making his hunches true.

 

“no..no.. I just want to have a quality time with myself and probably with some of my friends.”

 

“oh wait young man, how many friends do you have aside from me?” Donghae loves this side of kyuhyun.

 

“you have to hide yourself the moment I see you,” that was the last sentence that subject Donghae to a massive fit of laughter.

---

 

 

The last two weeks has been hectic for him, considering that new dramas would be on air and he was asked to write and sing something for the second OST and the offer has been hanging on his mind for a couple of days that he immediately accepted it.

 

Writing a song is not a problem. It has been his hobby and he’s inspired no matter what but these past few days whenever he would attempt to jot down even a single letter, there is one man that always pops out in his mind.

 

And no matter how hard he tried to concentrate, this man seems stuck in his head that even a simple thing that connects to the man bug him.

 

And this said man is calling him right now, so sudden that he scrambles away from his phone but only to yank it out again from the spaces between the couch after realizing the man is really calling him.

 

“he-hello?” his voice seems to quiver but had the emotions controlled since he knows he could have been made fun of.

 

He can’t just let this man to mock him completely.

 

“what do you want?”

 

“what??” Sungmin swear he’ll kill this person tomorrow.

 

---

 

Kyuhyun decided to finally schedule their second date by tomorrow and before he even did that he checked Sungmin’s schedule and found out he has none until two weeks from now.

 

The company allowed Sungmin to take long breaks when he was asked to write for a song or maybe some occasional guestings and live show but when he’s a composer he’ll allot time and pour out all of his emotions.

 

Now he was at the mall, disguised and rigid, afraid that a swarm of fans would run after him. He is so excited and even though he’s totally occupied with a lot of work and emotional downpour, he can’t help but to daydream much about Sungmin, that which of course he finds as helpful and relaxing also.

 

He is an actor and sometimes too much acting reduces him in a piece of . That is why a good time to unwind is the best and he’ll use this opportunity to be with Sungmin.

 

He fish out a pack of marshmallow and cookies out of the rack as he momentarily remembers how Sungmin ate all of his stacked sweets inside the cupboard. The smaller man surely is a sweet hoarder unlike kyuhyun who is not much into sweets but still keeps some in his apartment.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, unconsciously playing the conversation they had earlier.

 

“he-hello”

“let’s date tomorrow.”

Silence from the other line greeted him.

“what???”

“I’m tired I need an escape. Tomorrow. 8 am. Same place same spot,”

And without hearing Sungmin’s answer he ended the call with a smirk plastered on his face.

 

 

This is going to be fun.

---

 

So that was mainly the reason why Sungmin had his self wrapped in pink soft scarf, with pink-knitted gloves and a cute beanie which is a gift from his manager. He has no problem in indulging hiss elf in goo of pink without being ridiculed by kyuhyun since the latter had already seen his house that even looked like a pink factory.

 

Honestly, he is not a morning person. And now that it is chilly he just wanted to sleep until the sun is shining brightly and to say that he isn’t not feeling well just make his urges to roll over his bed all day to increase like that.

 

But he can’t reject kyuhyun. He half-wanted this, thinking that maybe going out would be better compared to rotting his self inside his room.

 

“thank god I’m not late.”

 

Sungmin literally jumped from his stance, shocked by kyuhyun’s voice, he almost wanted to strangle the taller man. He faced Kyuhyun with his hands inside his pockets and with half of his face hidden under the scarf; he doubted the taller man how he can possibly see him.

 

“you said you are wearing pink but I didn’t expect you to be this pink,” and he thought he wouldn’t be mocked.

 

“if you won’t shut your mouth you won ‘t be seeing this face for the next few hours,” Sungmin said while huffing his chest out like a defiant child.

 

Kyuhyun only smirked as he tossed his keys on the air and coolly grabbed it, looking at his side as he tries to start off a staring competition battle, “let me correct you..for the rest of the day.”

 

Sungmin’s arms fell on the sides, eyes straining over kyuhyun’s back as it gets smaller until the taller man reaches his car, and that’s the only time he realized that this one isn’t just a normal lunch date or breakfast date because from the groceries that were locked up inside the car, he’s sure…

 

They would be going out-of-town.

---

Sungmin quietly hums in his seat, taking in the fresh air and the beautiful view outside. He asked kyuhyun to have the windows rolled down as they were completely out from the city and he must say kyuhyun has chosen a good one.

 

Basing from the herds of cattle and the small houses lined along the foot of the mountains, he is sure it could alleviate at least the heavy feeling he’s keeping for days.

 

“you look pale, are you okay? Kyuhyun’s voice cut off his thoughts but unconsciously snuggling to his pink scarf.

 

“I’m just stressed maybe I really need a rest. Thank you for this kyuhyun,” Sungmin smiled sweetly at him that he has to control his self from pecking those luscious lips.

 

“me too and I think from that three weeks that didn’t I feel like all f my energy are drowned. Maybe I should have scheduled this date earlier,” eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel but his ears are strained to all the humming that the smaller man said under his breath. It was soothing after all.

 

“yeah took you so long.”

 

Kyuhyun turned his head towards Sungmin whose hands are outside seems like catching dandelions and his scarf is blown by the wind making the scenery like one of the dramas he had filmed.

 

“what?’ he asked coaxing the man to speak as if he still did not hear the words clearly.

 

“nothing just drive,” the smaller man said as he grabbed a flying dandelion and fix his scarf around his neck again but unfortunately, kyuhyun saw the faint blushing painting on the apple of his cheeks.

 

“I heard you,” with a cheeky smile, he brought his hand over Sungmin’s cheeks and pinches it. he heard the other groan but didn’t protest any way.

 

“where are we going by the way?”

 

Judging from the voice of the smaller man, he must have been playing the dandelion he caught and kyuhyun badly wanted to watch the younger only if he’s not driving so he just carefully look through the rear view mirror.

 

He smiled. Sungmin really is one of a kind. With that pink outfit and off childish behavior, he has to ask his self again, how to stop falling in love with him?

 

“Somewhere we can both be happy,”

 

He looked at Sungmin who seems not to hear what he said because the younger was caught up with the beauty of the dandelion. With the cute thing on his hand, Sungmin blew it away, lips pursed and eyes closed and kyuhyun admiring beside him.

---

 

 

“welcome to paradise resort”

 

Sungmin turned his head to kyuhyun who are currently struggling with bags while this pink man has his head up currently reading the map drawn under the name.

 

“resort? You didn’t tell me we are going to swim,” the man put his arms in front of his chest and pouted like as if it was kyuhyun’s fault after all.

 

“I didn’t plan on swimming either I am just going to show you some things around and relax, you know.”

 

“this place seems nice,” Sungmin skipped happily to kyuhyun who almost lost his balance due to the sudden cuteness the man before him is showing and without words being said Sungmin hold one of his wrists and dragged him inside.

 

“c’mon show me!”

 

Though the number of bags is killing his arms and Sungmin force of pulling just added weight on it, kyuhyun thought this is the most exciting day of his life.

 

And that smile added nothing but pure bliss on him.

---

 

 

“are you sure you’re okay?” the worry in kyuhyun’s voice sent some tingling sensation inside him that he immediately coughed to hide out the sudden surge of emotions.

 

“see? Do you even want to do this?” kyuhyun held Sungmin’s forehead then his arms went down to fix Sungmin’s scarf. They are in a province, far from cities and filled with nothing but trees so freezing to cold is normal in that place.

 

“here take my gloves,” kyuhyun took Sungmin’s hands but was yanked away and all he received was a glare.

 

“I don’t like the color of your gloves I have one I just took it off,” with a smug face Sungmin went ahead of kyuhyun. The taller man just nodded his head sideways but still willing to follow after the young guy.

 

“yah! We are not going there!”

 

Kyuhyun continued walking but stopping at the middle when he noticed Sungmin’s slow pace of walk. He looked back waiting for the smaller guy who immediately took his cue and he walks faster than the usual.

 

“we are going to go in there?” Sungmin saw the alley that is filled with people. It has lanterns hanging on it just like a normal Japanese festival but the people squeezing in there are of mixed culture.

 

“why are you scared?” kyuhyun shot of a worried glance to Sungmin who again hid his face under his scarf.

 

“of course not it’s just I hope no one would recognize us”

 

Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes.

 

The alley was so narrow that kyuhyun and Sungmin can’t help but to bump with each other. Several times Sungmin would back out but kyuhyun would just keep on telling him that the restaurant at the end gives free strawberries and mangoes making the smaller man to stomp his feet in annoyance.

 

“good thing I don’t know my way here or I’ll just go back to our cottage and sleep”

 

But kyuhyun is not even listening to him, fully focused on how their hands bumped along the way and how their shoulders brush at some point of time. Even the way their hips would bump in slightest action made kyuhyun’s mind to cloud a bit.

 

Thyey both have their gloves on but the fact that it was Sungmin’s hand bumping his is enough to let his insides to squeal. Kyuhyun gulped hard while momentarily gathering his courage for a bold act.

 

In one swift motion he gripped Sungmin’s hand earning a yelp from the latter, with eyes still on the road ahead of them kyuhyun spoke in quivering voice, “our hands keep bumping and it irritates me might as well keep it in place.”

 

It sounds cliché, so used line in dramas but kyuhyun can’t help but to do it.

 

And before they reach half- way of their journey towards the restaurant kyuhyun loosely let go of Sungmin’s hand.

 

But only to slip his fingers between the gaps, tighten it around while pulling Sungmin closer to him. It is not just a simple clasp of hands but this time their fingers fill each gaps; their palms enclosing the warmth of glowing hidden affection. Something they need to sort out and let it happen.

 

And with intertwined hands, they bask the fuzzy yet warm feelings that each other could offer.

---

 

“oh my god Sungmin no just no,” kyuhyun had his eyes closed but Sungmin can still see the nervousness inside.

 

“no I told you to stop or I will drop these mangoes and strawberries out there!” kyuhyun threatened while balancing both the basket of mangoes and the strawberries in his one hand while the other holds on the rope.

 

“you can’t even open your eyes then tell me how can you threaten me like that? Sungmin who suddenly became hyper after eating bounces like a kid to which he earned a very unmanly yelp from kyuhyun.

 

“I swear I will let go of these baskets even with eyes closed,” kyuhyun shouted at the top of his lungs, voice getting a pitch higher with every jump that Sungmin does.

 

Pitying the taller man, Sungmin stopped jumping over the hanging bridge that connects the other side to the next mountain, of which kyuhyun said he’ll show something there. He walked slowly as he coax kyuhyun to calm down.

 

“shhh it’s okay I’m just having fun with you,”

 

The giggles coming from Sungmin urged kyuhyun to open his eyes and when he did he saw Sungmin’s hand reaching up for him. He looked at the porcelain and soft hands and he doubted his self if this time he can hold Sungmin’s hand even without the gloves on.

 

“it’s okay I can manage,’ though the bridge moves every time he tried to make a step, he still compose his self as much as he can.

 

“you are so cute kyuhyun-ssi c’mon my hand won’t bite yours”

 

Kyuhyun feels like he’s in a dream, with Sungmin by his side, hands holding each other while walking slowly and carefully over the hanging bridge. Every time the wind blows, Sungmin would tighten his hold to kyuhyun and even moving unconsciously. It is almost nearing the afternoon and the way that the orange glow dances on Sungmin’s face build another urges to kyuhyun.

 

He kept his eyes set on the road but he can’t keep his concentration off from Sungmin.

 

“we are getting near” kyuhyun announced.

 

“really?” Sungmin jumped like a kid, excitement evident on his voice as his eyes shone playfully against kyuhyun’s orbs, and the shadows of the trees casted on Sungmin’s face let kyuhyun’s own imagination piqued in no time.

 

He’s like a fairy, his mind thought.

 

Even the way his reflection moves in Sungmin’s eyes as he stares on him directly is nothing but pure bliss.

 

He was indeed captivated by this young man’s beauty after all.

 

After gathering his wits, kyuhyun answered.

 

“but we have to climb that lighthouse over there,” he pointed using his lips.

 

“it’s okay it’ll be you who’s bringing them after all,” and when he followed Sungmin’s gaze that’s when he realized the as baskets of strawberries and mangoes.

 

And he has to remind his self why he had fallen in love with this man.

---

 

 

When they reached the top, Sungmin is already waving his scarf like a flag.

 

And kyuhyun has to stop sulking how tired he was because apparently the younger had his energy soared high but was left freezing because his scarf was hanging loosely on the end of the metal near the ceiling. Sungmin played with it and told kyuhyun it was their flag.

 

Yes a pink one glittery flag.

 

“do not look there, look here,”

 

Kyuhyun spun Sungmin around letting the orange glow of the setting sun dance on his face.

 

The lighthouse isn’t the normal one. It is has no walls just a three story tower and railings supporting around each story. A table was placed at the center and benches surrounded it. It was peaceful there and to kyuhyun’s amusement, romantic also.

 

Sungmin had his body flushed on the railings while kyuhyun is on his back, unconsciously pressing his body closer than he thought as he places his chin over Sungmin’s head. And he questions why Sungmin isn’t complaining with the amount of proximity they held between their bodies.

 

But who was kyuhyun to ask… let just grab the opportunity.

 

“beautiful,” Sungmin said breathlessly just the way how kyuhyun held his breath inside afraid that when he did, Sungmin will come and vanish.

 

Just like you.

 

He moved at Sungmin’s side and takes his hand while bringing him to sit on the benches.

 

“I didn’t know there’s a place like this,” Sungmin said in a low engrossed voice as he dips his fingers inside the basket to get some fresh strawberries.

 

I didn’t even know people like you exist. You are just perfect.

 

“Did they give you melted chocolate?’

 

“here,”

 

Sungmin took the first bite and kyuhyun has to restrain his self from kissing those lips hard and wet.

 

“you want to try?” kyuhyun doesn’t know if he’ll go ballistic or what but the way the chocolates melted on Sungmin’s lips, how his tongue wipes them across and even making his lips glossier and redder than the usual.

 

It took him some agonizing minutes before he could finally answer.

 

“yes I want to try you  I mean your strawberries no I mean the strawberries on your hand.”

 

Sungmin eyed him suspiciously before deciding to dip the whole fruit to the chocolate and letting it slide smoothly to kyuhyun’s lips of which his fingers, either by chance or by accident touched kyuhyun’s lips.

 

In an instant, Sungmin suddenly thought of letting his fingertips to feel that softness and smoothness again but fortunately he got distracted how the clouds easily changed colors.

 

Covering the sky with thin streaks of orange, purple and a good tinge of blue, the sun slowly sets into the valley behind the mountains. The heat of the sun slowly dissipating and in just a minute, the sky was back again to dark blue, stars stealthily showed up as the moon peaks right through them.

 

It feels colder than before but to Sungmin, kyuhyun’s warmth was enough.

 

It made him feels safe yet anxious at the same time. It takes him to a deeper world of being secured yet it exposes him to a place he doesn’t want to face. It lets him feel a small tinge of affection but at the same time it lets him feel how much of attention he lacks.

 

It sends some butterflies inside his stomach, making his eyes to close slowly as his body relaxes against kyuhyun.

 

Sleeping his tiredness away, he let the worries wear off from his mind.

 

Because this time he doesn’t know what to answer on their third date…

 

Would it be a yes...

a no..

or a

maybe?

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

a/n: okay i am receiving less comments lately hmmmm why?

but anyways..

@KyuminMania awww thank you dear!! Thank you for telling me I appreciate it^^

 @rizzorin yes the movie indeed^^ asdfghjkl;lkjhgfds

 @exoisnotlove thank you^^ please wait for more~

 @95anichan  laziness haaaha otl it’s okay ani~ i don’t know you’re reading this o_o

@ryeoraa18  YES let’s say that to kyuhyun haahhha “friendly my ”

@septizhumi ASDFGHJKLMBMNVHDJTSHTXGNXRHSGKHAYREIYFULCJGXTYSUTFKHCKHIYF

@SHINeeKimOnHyun  thank you^^hahahah thank you for finding it cute^^

 @kyuririn  hmmm let’s see^^ kyu is such a hopeless romantic tho^^

@ichathoriqlover  yes they will have 3 dates and I’m also excited for the next dates also haahah but for that shocking news of their lives I think you know that already ahahaah

@shinichinarita  thank you for your utmost concern dear.. you are such a sweetie pie^^ thank you for those kid words ahhhhh… nothing will really change for the story I mean the plot is there ..i will just insert some changes but the characters are the same, of course we all know minnie will get preggy hahaaha and the rest would be a surprise^^ it’s nice reading long comments from yours it really really really makes me happy^^

@elmokyu oh thank you for taking time to read each chapters again.. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience but I hope you love the changes^^ haahhah that’s the ugly part here… you still know the storyline but not until to the chapter we last stop I hope u still like it^^

 @high_sky thank you for your concern I’m ok haahah otl I sounds crazy^^ I just hope these dates would make them somehow closer and let’s reveal each chapter one by one..

@kyuminS2 hahahhaha the way you said did it again seems like they tttoooooot hahaah with each other^^ and yes kyuhyun has the secret charm to sungmin

@hyunsmiley  thank you for loving it^^ and no… it’s okay to comment anytime as long as you does haahha and yes they have 3 dates so let’s expect they be closer becos of that^^ oh hi hyun.. hyun hyun hyun..i feel like I’m talking to kyuhyun haahahh

@hibiki_kurenai_A hahahaha kyuhyun can be dumb sometimes and I love how he is dumb at this fic sometimes^^ let’s just hope he’ll be braver this time^^

 @pinkynoyen  now that you say it.. Sungmin had another mishap at the airport earlier and it makes me so sadT^T it’s okay for me but for oppas I cannot let them feel like that:(( btw thank you for appreciating the changes I just hope you’ll like the next chapters too hihihi~ your comment cheered me up a bit^^

@tiyan_mute thank you for your concern^^ I feel better tho^^ teehee

 @laquishia haaah that somehow made me feel guilty towards kyu eeeepp I pity him here haaha but oh well he should make some moves later^^

 @darkangels he’s really such a cute weirdo but I like kyuhyun here heehhe he’s a bit different here somehow^^

 @rizzorin and I wanna clap like a retarded seal for kyuhyun’s accomplishment haahhahahha^^

@Kyu-Min  wow! Thank you for loving it^^ I’m just afraid people would go ballistic teehee but I’m glad you like it^^ omgg yes kyu better make min to fall in love with him haahahh

@PiggyNagi teehee let’s see if Sungmin could even manage to have 3 dates haahhahah or maybe kyu would die out of fanboying over Sungmin hahahahha he’s so whipped tho^^

 @akira33  aahhahahha Yesung spoiled him tho~ and thank you for reading it^^ let’s just see whatwill happen to these people living in denial

@heenina  wow really? Omggg creys so much on you thank you for those kind words dear I will forever love you ahahahah otl but sorry I love Sungmin more

@regreen14 Wowowowowowoowww o_o  too!! Eeeeeeeppp~

 @star_x wow really? Omg thank you ….i am actually having 2nd thoughts but thank god you like it^^

 

thank you for all of the upvotes.. thank you so much guys i will forever love you^^

please keep supporting this fic by commenting and upvoting^^ i will be more happy^^

AND I'M STARING A NEW FIC it's short tho and i'm ont the 3 out of 5 chapters pls check it out if you have time^^ TRAPPED