Feelings

Playful Trick

Cold.

 

Piercing through their skin, freezing all the muscles in their body.

 

The smaller man shifted closer, allowing the heat of the person next to him to swiftly travel across to his body, enjoying the fuzzy feeling despite the questionable presence beside him.

 

He nuzzled his neck and the feeling grew satisfyingly delicious that he became accustomed to the warmth it offered.

 

Despite the cold weather, it seems that everything is just right.

 

Heat.

 

It came above his head, creating shadows dancing over his face. And to his unconscious surprise, it never felt so right against his delicate face. He heard a cough just above him and the hand draped around his shoulder tightened the embrace. He is falling deep asleep and this heat awakened the snoozing senses in him.

 

He groaned beside the other’s neck.

 

“hmmmmm,” a long sigh came from his lips after incoherent words escaped from them.

 

A cough.

 

And another one.

 

Until he was jerking in surprise.

 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

“kyu!”

 

he blushed upon realizing he just called the other in a completely not formal way.

 

The light coming from the lamp was held above their heads and when he realized that must be probably past six and the light from earlier was not from sun but from the freakin’ lamp.

 

“night already?” with his groggy voice, Kyuhyun tried to verify the information to no one in particular.

 

And he expected Sungmin to answer.

 

But a certain old, quivering and raspy voice came to his side, “it is, young man.”

 

Then his eyes met Sungmin’s. “and you two shouldn’t travel. The snowfall heavily covered the way and we don’t allow tourists to travel at night to ensure their safety.”

 

“the gates are already closed and you are not allowed to travel since it is snowing very hard. Mind me to take you to your hotel?”

 

“who are you,” Sungmin asked the question with eyes closed as the lamp was held higher above his face.

 

The old man looked disbelievingly at him, ‘did you two had in the lighthouse?? YOU SON OF A-“

 

Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin behind him as the smaller man trudged forward after he heard the word “”, he looked sternly to Sungmin who just maintained a hard gaze to the old man. “no we did not. We just overslept here and doesn’t have any plans of staying so-“

 

“oh I thought you are a girl until I realized you don’t have mountains.”

 

“stop checking him out ahjussi.” Kyuhyun seemed to be a lot dangerous compared to the snow heavily falling around them.

 

“no I just want to make sure that this place I own was still sacred at all”

 

‘you own this?” this time Sungmin asked in a calm voice. “I’m sorry for going up without permission and we even overslept. I’m sorry really ahjussi.”

 

“nahhhh, this is a public place anyway. Come, I’ll show you the nearest hotel here.”

 

 “what??”

 

‘no choice Sungmin. It’s late. We overslept and even if you pursue with that determination of yours to go hom-“

 

“I’ll drive!” hands clasped above his chest, eyes shining with hope, that is Lee Sungmin silently begging Kyuhyun to go back home.

 

“no ,” the taller man’s right arm pushed his body flushed against the other, with slightly tinted cheeks he sought out Kyuhyun’s face.

 

As he unconsciously tilted his head to get a better view of the taller man, he waited for the next words patiently.

 

“we’ll be staying in a hotel, share the same bed, cuddle till sleep overtake on us and have our third date tomorrow.”

 

Sungmin literally widened his eyes. He badly wanted to get out from Kyuhyun’s grip, with what all happened before, he can’t manage to stay with kyuhyun more than just a day and to say that they would be sharing a bed is really a predicament for him.

 

But his thoughts trail to the man’s soft touches, those locks of soft brown hair, and that perfect set of teeth, biting his lower lip, he let out a small tortured whimper.

 

He shook his head out of embarrassment. How on earth can he think of kyuhyun like that?

 

And when the old man turned his back, hands holding the lamp ahead of them, the two males bowed in respect and been sorry for what they did.

 

---

“stop murmuring words, I can’t understand you,” Sungmin whose patience is getting thinner as Kyuhyun constantly whines beside him and not even a single came coherent for his brain.

 

The wind blows so strong, their scarves dances along with it and Kyuhyun held the umbrella stronger, afraid that Sungmin would go ballistic of his pink umbrella would be carried away by the strong chilly wind.

 

“I said I’m hungry and we left the foods at the car. We only have our things at our cottage. We’ll tell the old man to bring us there before he brings us to that hotel.”

 

Sungmin only nodded hazily, Kyuhyun’s hot breath tingles his ear and from his rear view, he can see the smoke puffing out from his mouth, almost taking his sanity away as those brushes against his neck and the shell of his ear.

 

“and Sungmin since we’ll be staying here until the snow stops, can we have the third date tomorrow?”

 

This time Kyuhyun literally said it beside his ear, no reasons for him not to hear it.

 

Clear but not convincing at all.

 

He snapped his head towards the taller man before looking back to the old man’s direction. Then he scrutinized the Kyuhyun’s face and he felt disappointed as it is void with any sadness or anything that could remind him that kyuhyun didn’t want this.

 

That both of them somehow don’t want this to end and it pains him as he felt he’s the only one.

 

Why does he even think that Kyuhyun wants something out of this absurd relationship?

 

and why did he even think of that?

 

“oh –oh sure. Wh-what  I mean do you have any plans?’

 

Kyuhyun nodded, lips forming into a silent smile and it makes Sungmin somehow comfortable just with it.

 

Almost getting near the hotel, kyuhyun’s jerked him out from his trance.

 

“tomorrow would be the last right?”

 

Why do you have to say them over and over again?

 

He nodded nonetheless, rubbing the side of his head to Kyuhyun’s chest, a moment that let him remembered that he’s still walking side by side with kyuhyun. The other hand draped over him as he prodded the other’s chest with his head, too intimate to even think about.

 

“I don’t have any schedules,” Kyuhyun didn’t ask but he just feels like sharing. His voice muffled against kyuhyun’s coat anyways.

 

“good. Let’s visit the nearby orphanage.”

 

“what?” his voice slightly rising spontaneously despite the monosyllabic word he uttered.

 

“you heard me.” Kyuhyun ruffled his head which he completely dodged into.

 

He walked faster mumbling under his breath, part of him wants kyuhyun to grab his hand and walk with him but another part of him also says just keep your pride higher.

 

Fortunately kyuhyun did catch up and held his elbows softly, turning his sight to the ground as he doesn’t want to meet the other’s eyes.

 

“I hate children. I hate kids.”

 

The snow melted under their feet and luckily their shoes gave them the warmth they need.

 

He opened his mouth as he rakes his brain for words he can use to rant, “seriously kyuhyun-“

 

“please?”  kyuhyun had his puppy eyes reflected upon his.

 

His sight followed the old man leading their way and he can feel kyuhyun’s hand draping over his shoulders again, successfully encasing him in his own body heat.

 

“annoying.”

 

“I’ll make you like them.”

 

This time kyuhyun held both of Sungmin’s cheeks, unconsciously letting his own eyes close as he marvels the heat spreading through his cheeks courtesy of Kyuhyun’s gloved hands.

 

“fall in love with them,” the soft voice made him to snap his eyes open.

 

Sungmin cannot point out but there is something in Kyuhyun’s eyes that made him safe, that gives a tantamount emotion of being loved. With a blink, he batted out the confusion forming inside him. His eyes unconsciously traveled to Kyuhyun’s lip and he silently asked why it suddenly became interesting to him.

 

Kyuhyun’s scent.

 

Kyuhyun’s touch. Laughter. Those hands.

 

That arrogance, his jovial smile.

 

Those words full of sweet emotions, always directing to him.

 

Just like now.

 

When kyuhyun said in a soft voice, almost a whisper, just above his lips, the words he never thought he could ever resist.

 

“kiss me.”

 

Sungmin looked lost but he tiptoed, put his hands over kyuhyun’s shoulders, tilted his head before murmuring words against kyuhyun’s chapped lips.

 

“make me.”

 

He nibbled the lower lip but moving up to taste the upper one.

 

“fall in love with them.”

 

Fall in love with you.

 

---

 

He woke up with birds chirping happily on the patio mingled with the swaying of trees and the swift gushing of the chilly wind.

 

Curtains drawn slightly and the smell of pine trees seem foreign to him.

 

Though it is like his occasional mornings, Sungmin felt this has been the calmest and most beautiful morning ever. Except that he woke up with another body beside him, one arm holding him closer as the other one took him in half embrace, nose sniffing a fraction of fragrance from his hair and ebony eyes staring deep down on him.

 

Then he realized this is not his usual morning.

 

This is a morning with Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun broke out in a series of annoying laughter. “mi-min just look at your face. You looked like you have seen a ghost.”

 

The said smaller man glared at the man beside him, jutting out his lips in annoyance while trying to maintain a stern look. Kyuhyun shook the daylights out of him, waking up in his embrace and an adam’s apple greeting him was never part of his usual mornings.

 

Kyuhyun ruffled his bed hair and even that simple touch put him on uncomfortable edge.

 

“get ready. The orphanage allowed visitors by 8am.”

 

And with that Kyuhyun stood up, duvet covers falling down slowly revealing his toned arms and hairy legs.

 

And Sungmin tried not to look but it’s too late to hide the blush forming on the apple of his cheeks.

 

---

 

After their breakfast, they took a troll in the market, hopeful that they can bunch of gifts for the kids.

 

Sungmin silently took fascination over it.

 

Kyuhyun’s elated face over kid’s toys, that smiles and buoyant laughter, voice laced with amazement and the way Kyuhyun pulled him through linked hand amidst the crowd…

 

Those were enough for Sungmin to change his mind.

 

Maybe not the sole reason but is enough for him to open a place for Kyuhyun inside his heart.

 

Maybe as a friend.

 

As a mere acquaintance.

 

Or someone who introduced him to the wonderful feeling of love.

 

Snap out of this Sungmin, it’s just a fascination. No more, no less.

 

“are you okay?” Kyuhyun halted his step making him to pull out from his thoughts.

 

“eh?” his voice trapped a little inside, almost small to Kyuhyun’s ear.

 

“are you that …ummm… you know. Hateful towards the kids?” and why did he find Kyuhyun’s struggle to find words really cute.

 

A childish chuckle escaped his soft lips before he even come to think of it.

 

“I think…”

 

He saw the hopeful gaze coming from the man beside him.

 

“for you, I’ll love them.”

 

Then the smile returned to him was more than enough to let his heart jump due to unknown feeling.

 

It feels strange yet it feels right.

---

 

The moment their foot stepped on the grassy area of the orphanage, the kids raced on to their place.

 

Merry laughter filled the area and the screams and of different versions of “welcome” seemingly and surprisingly not irritating to Sungmin’s ears.

 

“kyuhyun oppa, you areback!” one group of girls shouted at the top of their lungs, showing their teeth and gums

 

“hyung!” shouted one of the kids and later after that Kyuhyun has been drawn by the mass of kids crowding him, excited for the gifts, excited for his presence.

 

Then that left Sungmin lost in his own world. Glancing around the place, he saw one boy sitting quietly around the corner, unmindful of the jovial sounds surrounding.

 

Albeit the hesitation he felt inside, Sungmin chose to follow his feet which unconsciously brought him to the boy’s place.

 

He didn’t know how to greet the child. Kyuhyun told him earlier that this is his second visit and that means he is quiet familiar with the rules and regulations implemented inside. Within some pregnant moment of silence, Sungmin remembered that they aren’t allowed to talk about the kid’s past nor asked why they are here or what they felt for the moment.

 

The best thing they could is to entertain them and make them happy.

 

“hey,” he called out.

 

The boy refused to look in his direction.

 

He sat in front of the boy’s vision, completely blocking him from the scene of the kids crowding kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin dug out the candy from his jeans, his favorite one and he questions his self why he does not feel bad about giving his candy.

 

“here.”

 

He took the boy’s palm, opened it and gave him a smile when the silent kid finally met his eyes.

 

“eat this. It’s my favorite. My hyung gave it to me when we were still kids and it instantly became my favorite.”

 

 But what happened next made Sungmin to panic. The kid tear up and tightened his hold to the candy and with Sungmin put the kid on his lap while trying to inspect the place in case one guardian noticed what happened to the kid.

 

Aish the reason why I hate kids.

 

“ya-yah! Don’t cry. Please, don’t cry. They would kill me,”

 

Though the cries died down, the child’s sobs still pained his ears.

 

“is one not enough. I- I’ll buy you more-“

 

“the candy remind me of my brother,” that stopped Sungmin from his inner turmoil, “like you, his candy is also me and my brother’s favorite.”

 

Sungmin inwardly cursed his self because out of all situations, why is it this one had come to him.

 

“oh, I’m sorry,” he said softly but enough for the kid to hear it.  The boy squirmed in his lap and silenece followed afterwards but it settles them both in their own world.

 

Sungmin’s gaze landed on kyuhyun’s back who’s crouching as he busy his self playing with the kids. Then he tightened his hold to the child, securing him as how he tries to secure his self to the unknown feeling bubbling in him.

 

“is he your brother?” the small voice broke his trances.

 

“no,” he answered and his lips curl into a small smile when he realized that the kid is now talking to him.

 

“a friend?”

 

“no,” not a firm answer, doubtful, if he consider.

 

“then what?”

 

And before he can answer, a pain shoot from his abdomen, circling on his waist before attacking the small of his back.

 

He jerked, letting out a small painful cry as tears formed at the sides of his eyes.

 

“hyung?” he suddenly felt hot, unable to breathe as air continuously escaped from him.

 

The  boy got off from him and when Sungmin tried to reason out, he saw the scared expression from the other’s eyes.

 

“no, don’t tell them, AH!” he clutched his sides. The pain constantly ticks and grew worse and worse every time he utters a word.

 

He held the boy’s small arms as support, trying not to slip off from consciousness as the pain shoots off to tremendous and

unbearable one.

 

“hyung! I’ll call help!” with that the child broke off from his hold leaving him searching for another source of support.

 

He breathed in and out, almost calming his body. The pain subsides but it is still there and Sungmin doesn’t know why. He fixed his self, wiping the tears off as he saw Kyuhyun half-walking and half- running towards their place.

 

“are you okay? This kid said-“

 

“I’m okay kyu… it’s just I don’t know but I’m really okay.”

 

Suddenly kyuhyun hugged him. So tight that it suffocates him at the same time so comforting that he doesn’t want to let go and so he hugged him back.

 

“hey, nothing to worry. I’m good. Feeling good.” And he must be a good actor then because he was able to hide the pain despite the strong contraction he felt at the sides.

 

Kyuhyun is happy. Everyone is having a happy time and he doesn’t want to ruin the mood just because he doesn’t feel good. He was the first one to break the hug and when he did, he saw his self on Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

The soft brown orbs looking at him dreamingly that he the same bubbly feeling was kindled again and he can’t deny the fact the he liked it.

 

He felt loved.

 

Secured.

 

He felt Kyuhyun just there.

 

 

“you look like a father earlier.”

 

Kyuhyun smirked. “a handsome father.”

 

“a caring father,” Sungmin didn’t know but his hands moved on its own, touching kyuhyun’s face and locking those strands of hair at the back of those ear.

 

“you will be a good father Kyuhyun.”

 

And those were the last words he said before succumbing to the darkness, before another wave of unbearable pain hit his waist and before he lost his consciousness.

 

Before he fell seemingly in pain in Kyuhyun’s arms.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: so this was supposed to be updated on monday but your comments inspired me to write mehehehehhehe;)))

sooo comments to nomnom?

ooopppp some of you asked me what nomnom is.. meheehheheh :))

nomnomnomnomnom

and oh thanks for another upvote!!!!!! thank youuuuu really