Ch. oo8

Up Here Where Nothing Matters

Walking out of the shower fully clothed and in a change of clothing I look at the clock, they’ve been in the air for a few minutes now… checking my phone I realize Nina texted me a lot.

 

Where r u?! UR going to miss the flight!

Hurry up!

Srsly wth I thought you were coming

Liar

 

Turning my phone off I look out the window, it’s an afternoon flight, setting out my uniform I head out to find something for breakfast, I am starving. Quickly heading out looking for something cheap and quick I pay for my food and leave. I’ll admit being on the ground is unexpected; being able to really stretch my legs is great.

Spending the whole day just walking around, eating when I’m hungry, window shopping, getting to be a regular girl without worries about anything, heading back to the hotel just after nightfall I turn my phone back on, hearing the sounds and seeing the lights I check it to see all the messages form Nina.

 

Jumping as it rings, “Hello?” I say quietly hoping to extinguish Nina’s fury for lying and not telling her. “Nina?”

“You know that was a low blow to L.Joe.” she mumbles out. “He’s a good guy and you’re crushing him.” I’m silent as she continues to rant. “He was looking forward to sitting with you on the plane, and I told him you were just stretching you legs! And what does Miss Kim tell me?! You’re catching a later flight!”

“Look how do you think I feel?! I’m scared; I’ve been on my own for a while. I don’t want to get hurt again!”

“Quit using that as an excuse. I know it was a hard time in your life and you don’t have any sort of faith in people… But I’m telling you L.Joe is different.”

“People always say that.” I whisper feeling my feelings telling me she’s right, my heart screaming for me to go to him, to explain. “You were hurt, you’ve been recovering, but part of getting better is getting back on your feet and moving forward.”

Biting my lip I look out the window. “I’m making those steps. I have been since I saw him.” I whisper looking back at my feet. “I’ll look for my own place.”

“You don’t have to go that far!” Nina yells suddenly.

Shaking my head I realize she can’t see me. “I do though, I’ve relied on you for so long, I need to find a place for me, force me to face everything. I’ll be coming in tomorrow afternoon.”

“L.Joe wanted me to give him your number.” She whispers. “I told him I’d talk to you first.”

“Don’t, I’m not ready for that yet.”

“You’re not ready for a lot of things.” She mumbles a bit upset. “Alright, but please don’t get too extreme, sleep tight.”

“You too.” I whisper hanging up before falling on my bed to fall asleep and to prepare myself for a flight tomorrow.

I don’t feel like I’m taking baby steps, I feel like I’m ing myself forward, running my fastest to get on my own, to avoid getting hurt again. God do I wish nothing had changed. I want to take to the skies again, to go up in the clouds a security blanket that shielded me from the pain of the world, but as soon as he stepped on the plane I’d lost control of the flight plan I had, up where nothing mattered, suddenly something mattered to me, had meaning, had me falling faster than I’d ever fallen before. L.Joe you pulled me down from my safe haven, you took away my safety, and put me in a world where I haven’t a clue, I don’t know the rules, I don’t know the game, I don’t know what to do. L.Joe I hope you’re everything I don’t expect because right now that’s what I need most.


Another short update, my computer still isn't fixed D; but I'll made do for you guys, please enjoy this!! Tell me what you guys think!

Comment and Subscribe!!