Ch.o13

Up Here Where Nothing Matters

Miyoung’s POV

Sitting in my apartment I stare up at the sky, my home away from here, away from the ground. It’s been a few weeks since I heard form L.Joe and to be honest it hurts.

“He’s just busy.” Nina says sitting on my couch. “You know idol stuff.”

Nodding my head I couldn’t help but feel a bit betrayed by this. “I’m going back to work tomorrow.”

“Sweet, do you know what flight?”

Nodding my head I let out a smile. “Japan and back.”

“Aw, starting out small.” She jokes. “Well at least I guess it is small.”

Nodding my head I smile a little. “If it ends up not being small, will you watch my place?”

“Not small as in weeks?” She mumbles. “Miyoung you can’t do that to yourself again. Hiding up there in the clouds.”

“I won’t…Not for long at least.” I tell her taking a seat next to her.

Nina lets out a long sigh. “You’re going to go up one day and then you’ll never come back. Miyoung you’re still so young, you still have a life to live screw the people that leave you.”

“Chuckling I let out a sigh. “Nina I’ll try and come back, but sometimes the temptation is too great.”

“And you disappear for weeks, months and you’re back for a couple of days before you leave again. That’s not any way to live your life.”

“It’s a way though and I’ve gotten through my life like this for the last two years. I got away from it.”

“You know one of these days you’ll have to stop running and face the fact that you can’t run  forever it’ll catch up to you one of these days.”

“I’ll run faster then.” I mumble as I go to pack my bag, my bag that I seem to have on me all the time. “Nina I’m going to go and if I don’t come back for a while will you do me a favor?”

“Hmmh?” She asks now angry. “What could I do for you?”

“If L.Joe ever calls you or any of them tell them thank-you.”

Her brow furrows. “Why can’t you tell them yourself?”

“I’m leaving this behind.” I tell her putting my phone down on the table. “Maybe I made a mistake in leaving your place.”

“Hey, I’d put up no opposition in rooming here.” She says sadly. “Miyoung please don’t.”

Nodding my head I let out a small voice, “You should move in here.”

“Miyoung this isn’t the answer you going off for weeks or even months.”

“For now I think it is.” I tell her as I go to lie down, staring out at the night sky I urging for time to move a little faster.

“If you do this you, you do know you’ll get right back in.” Nina persists.

Nodding my head I turn over to stare at the clock. “It’s what I’m counting on.”

“What about L.Joe?”

Shaking my head I let out a few tears. “He’s making it perfectly clear that he doesn’t need me.”

Quietly Nina leaves telling me she’ll check up on the place and that she may take me up on my offer. Going back to my bed I set my alarm clock to three in the morning, the flight it at six, so I need to be ready and go in to help set up.

 

~

Hearing the alarm go off I rub my eyes, three am. Getting in my uniform I quickly hail a taxi to the airport with my backpack over my shoulders. Once there I make my way through the place eventually getting on the plane I store my stuff and help prepare for the flight, going over checklists and such until we start boarding. Small first class, the area where I’ll be serving.

And just like last time, things started to go slower and my life seemed to ach all over, my nerves started acting up, and I was desperate to trade with anyone, but no such luck as I was spotted.

“Miyoung that you?” Chunji asks me.

Nodding my head I direct them to their seats, not meeting their eyes. “Please make yourselves comfortable as we begin to allow the other passengers on.” I tell them leaving them to help as other people file on looking for their seats.

Silently wishing to be anywhere but here on this flight.


Sorry for the delay, I hope this writing is better then how it has been for a few chapters. :/

Comment and Subscribe!!