Ch.o14

Up Here Where Nothing Matters

After going over all the procedures and what not I quickly make my way to the stewardess seats, buckling in I wait for our go to serve drinks and what not on our flight, short that’s all I have to remember I can go and get another flight away from them, I can fly anywhere I can still fly away to up here where nothing matters, where it never did and never will.

Here our captain says “You are free to move about now.”

Unbuckling myself I grab my cart and wheel it into first class, where they are waiting.

“Hello would you like any refreshments on your flight today?” I ask them putting on my flight attendant smile, repeating all the words that I had to remember when I first started this job.

“Miyoung it’s us.” Rocky says a little sadly. “Hyung tell her.”

“Crackers or peanuts perhaps?” I ask them ignoring the fact that I’m starting to sound a little on edge.

“I’ll have a bottle of water please.” L.Joe says looking at me, pleading almost.

“Coming right up sir.” I tell him picking one of our bottles out, twisting it open then close again for him I hand it to him. “Anyone else?”

“I’ll have water too please.” Cap says looking at me, as if all this is my fault.

“Of course.” I tell them picking another bottle out I repeat the same action until I make my rounds for the others in first class, quickly making my way back to put the cap up I help with the rest of the plane before I make my rounds again collecting trash and seeing if they need anything else until I make it to Teen Top’s area.

“How is your flight? Could I get you anything else?” I ask them smiling still.

They’re all frowning at me. “We’d like to talk to the real Miyoung.” Niel complains. “You’re not the same.”

“I’m sorry if I got the wrong message of never calling or answering my texts or calls said that you wanted nothing to do with me.” I tell them before turning around to a passenger calling for me. “Yes sir?” I ask him smiling still even though I feel like I’m about to break down.

“Yes I was wondering if I could get another coke.”

“Of course. I’ll be right back.” I tell him turning on heel to almost colliding with L.Joe. “Sorry.” I mutter letting him pass. Walking quickly to grab a coke he corners me.

“I had no choice.” He tells me sadly. “I’m not supposed to be talking to you.”

“Here let me help you with it.” I tell him pushing past him. “L.Joe it doesn’t matter anymore.” I whisper as I walk away from him. “Here you are sir, sorry for the delay.” I tell him smiling handing it to him.

Seeing Ricky, Niel and Changjo having their arms up I sigh before I walk over to them. “Yes?”

“Miyoung forgive him, it really isn’t his fault.” They all say quickly. “The company wanted it!”

Smiling at them I shake my head. “It doesn’t matter really.” I tell them quickly. “Could I get you something?”

“Go be with L.Joe.” Changjo says sadly. “He’s been down too!”

Glaring at him I quickly regain my composure. “I’m sorry.” Walking away I allow a few passengers to pass as I go to the back of the plane to get some space between us.

“You ok?” one of the other girls asks. “You look like you’re going to cry.”

“I’m fine, switch spots with me? I’ll do coach.” I tell her smiling.

She looks at me surprised; normally we fight for first class. “You sure?”
Nodding my head she takes her leave to cover first class as I keep myself busy, when we get the go to collect trash and to make sure everyone is ready for landing.

 

Getting off last I look around with my backpack before I make a dash through the terminal to the office until I’m caught by the arm.
“Can we just talk for a second?”  L.Joe asks me in a hushed tone. “I’m sorry I didn’t call or text you back.”

“Me too, I’m busy.”

“What going back to running?” He asks me with a hurt expression. “Why Miyoung?”

Staring at him I roll my eyes pushing his hand off. “Because L.Joe, my first assumption about planes were right. Up there nothing matters.”

“You matter to me.”

Shaking my head I turn to leave him, but stopping I tell him one last thing. “It’s too late L.Joe.”

Walking into the office I smile at the lady. “Any flights heading out of Asia?” I ask her, nodding her head she shows me a list of planes short.

“I’ll take the England flight tonight.”

“Alright, thank-you; might as well get some rest in before.”

Nodding my head I walk out of the off again to be cornered by him. “L.Joe this has to stop.”

“Then come with me.” He says holding his hand out. “I won’t keep you from flying off, but just for the day come with me.”

“Why should I L.Joe? You say you’ll be around that I’m different. But then you ignore me.”

“Because you confuse me, I didn’t want to ignore you. Manager took our phones away.”

Sighing I reluctantly take his hand. “Just for the day.”

“Just for the day.” He whispers as he and I cut around to the car waiting for him. “Don’t worry.”

“Too late.” I mutter as he pulls me in. “L.Joe.”

“Miyoung!” They all yell happily hugging me and what not. “You came!”

“Just for the day.” I tell them stubbornly.


The next is the last I think. :/