Ch. o10

Up Here Where Nothing Matters

It’s been two weeks since L.Joe and I made our promise, and since we’ve been texting and calling each other nonstop. I’ve started to believe in someone new, that he won’t hurt me and I’ll manage to be ok where ever this leads us, that in the end I won’t end up done for.

 

“How’s apartment hunting going?” Nina asks me as I pour myself over ads, searching on the internet, I’ve found some really nice ones, but not something I could afford, some decent ones in not such a decent area.  “Horrible. This is hard.” I grumble leaning back against the chair.

“Who said it’d be easy?” She gloats skipping around. “This place was a steal.”

Sticking my tongue out at her I continue to look through ads and whatnot. “What are you doing today?” I call yawning.

“I have a flight today; I’ll be gone for a few days.” She says taking a seat next to me. “I’ll help when I come back.”

“You’re hoping I give up.” I say rolling my eyes.

“That’s true, but if this is what you want I’ll help you look, pack or whatever when I get back from this flight.”

“Good deal.” I mutter scanning the paper, marking a few worth looking at.

“So how are things going with L.Joe?” She asks me casually.

Chuckling I glance at her examining her hair. “Alright, we’re talking a lot.” As I say this my phone goes off, a text from him. “See.” I say flashing the screen in front of her.

Giggling she smiles. “I’m gonna go get my things gathered, I’m leaving tonight.”

“KAY!” I shout as her door closes, quickly responding to the text I grab the addresses I have jotted down or highlighted, pulling my shoes on I quickly text Nina I’m checking out a few places.

 

After about the fifth one I’ve crossed out on the list I’m too tired to even move, but I want to see one final place. Walking into the place I glance around, clean, the neighbors are nice, the neighborhood is good too, looking around I smile, looking out the window my smile gets even bigger, a view of the city, how this place is still available is beyond me.

“How much is the rent?” I ask checking to be sure I came to the right place.

“759 219.089 won,” The guy says. “It’s a nice place.”

“I’ll take it.” I say smiling.

“Can you pay for this?” He asks eyeing me. “You’re a kid.”

“I have a steady job and income,” I tell him smiling. “I can afford this place.”

“Alright.” He says.

 

Grinning to myself I follow him out to sign all the paper work, for him to tell me all the regulations and what not, that my rent is including utilities, generally, and whatnot, after I finish I text Nina I found a place, and I’ll be moved out by the end of the week.

 

“I found the best place.” I tell L.Joe as I pack, “I can’t wait till I move in!”

“It sounds great, is it still in Seoul?” He asks a bit worried.

“Neh, it’s amazing L.Joe you have to see it once I get moved in and everything.” I tell him happily.

Hearing him yawn makes me worried. “Once we get back from tour I can go see.”

“How tired are you?” I ask him as I push another box into the living room. “I know you had a show right?”

“Not too tired, besides I like talking to you, even with the loud taping and occasional swear.” He jokes happily.

“I’m glad you enjoy my agony with the packing tape dispenser. Jerk.” I say sarcastically. “Some friend.”

L.Joe laughs, “I’m an amazing friend!”

“I know.” I whisper as I look at my room, all packed, I just have to move my mattress and dresser, I’ve gathered up all my stuff from around Nina’s place, I’ve moved some boxes into my new place. “You should get some sleep, call me later kay?”

“Fine.” He grumbles. “Be careful alright?”

“Always am.” I tell him after I hang up I place my hand over my chest, it always happens.

 

My heart speeds up, I get more excited, and it takes a lot to control myself from being too expressive. Oh L.Joe come back soon I miss you, I miss seeing you around.


Sorry for the late update, but I was finishing another story, now I can focus more on this one, (:

Comment and Subscribe!!