Chapter 8 Date or...?

CURSED! By an anti-fan!?!?

Chapter 8

We were wrapping up shooting and I couldn't help but smile to myself as we packed up. The day had went better than I expected, specially since it started so crappy what with Victoria ignoring me and being mad at me. But now everything was ok!

As we were walking back to the cards I stood trailing behind the others when suddenly I saw Victoria approaching us!

"Hey guys," she said, waving at us. "Good job today. You all did so well."

"Thanks," the guys all replied.

"You did good too. Rest up, ok," Lay said.

"I will," beamed Victoria "oh, by the way Tao can i talk to you one second?"

"Uhh," I said... "Sure."  I didn't know what she want.

"Are you busy tonight?" she asked when she pull me aside.

"Huh?" I ask.

"I have schedule still but I feel bad about being so mean to you today. How about I make it up to you by treating you to a midnight snack?" she said.

"Uh..."

"When your curfew? Is 11 too late?"

"N,no it's fine!" I said, even though I not really sure.

"Ok. I'll message you the details. See you later," Victoria said. She then wave and run off and I go and run to the van.

I smiling goofy all the way so happy. Is this a date? I don't even care when I get in the van and Lay and Chen are grinning knowing at me. I too happy for their teasng to even matter.

----

We get back to the dorm and the manager call a meeting.

"Tomorrow we have schedule," he said.

"Well duh," Chen said. "When we don't have schedule?"

"Hey no smart remarks!" manager scold. "Anyway in addition to practice we have a show to go on as you already know. Well we just got new information on the show. There will be a feature of a beauty contest!!!"

"What kinda show is this?!" Xiumin ask.

"It a normal show. Just they having a beauty contest on it and two of you have to dress up--"

"Sound easy enough," Lay nod.

"--as girls!" manager finish.

"Not it!" we all say at once.

"What you mean not it?!" Lay said looking at Luhan. "You should do it. I vote Luhan. ALl in favor of Luhan dressed in drag say 'aye'!"

Lay raise his hand and... six hands in total go up: Kris, me, Xiumin, Lay, Chen, and Manager! Luhan blush.

"H,hey!" Luhan protest. "Just because I have this face--"

Everyone ignore him as manager start talking again.

"Ok, so that means we just need one more person for that segment."

"I say we draw straws," Lay said.

Chen shudders, "Is there some way to opt out?"

"I nominate Tao since he's maknae," Luhan said, coming to my side and drapping his arm around my shoulder.

"NO!" Xiumin and manger scream and Luhan throws his hands up startled.

"W,what?" Luhan asked. "Isn't it kinda a maknae tradition to dress in drag at least once I mean there's Taemin, Sungjong, Dongho, uh..." he counted on his fingers

"Kyuhyun and CHangmin never dress in drag," Kris said.

"They don't count," Luhan retorted.

"Look, Tao won't dress in drag," Manager said. "He.. he'd make an ugly girl."

Chen cackled and I glared.

"Who cares if Tao makes an ugy girl... which he will by the way, but that's good It'll be funny. Look, let's just be fair and draw straws like I said," Lay suggest.

Mnager sighed and sagged his shoulders, "Ok. Hold on let me get some straw." He got up and left the room and immedietly the room epxloded into chatter.

"Haha what if Kris wins!?" Lay asked.
"What? Win!? More like lose! We all lose if Kris dresses as a girl," Chen said.
"You wish you could see me as a girl," retort Kris.
"Trust me I don't," Chen reply.
"I think Xiumin should. He's small," lay suggest.
"Only small in height!" Chen said.
"Hey! I not small!" Xiumin protest.

I sigh and tug Xiumin arm and he turn to look at me leaving the others to their conversation.

"What if they choose me?" I say, my eyes screaming help.

"There's only a 1 in 5 chance you'll get chosen. Let's not worry," assured Xiumin just as manager returned with 5 straws.

"Ok there are 5 straws of different length person with shortest straw wins!" manager says.

"You mean lose," Kris say.

"Yeah." manager said.

We then all pick straws. I closed my eyes when I picked mine and then we all looked at each other straw... OMO! I got the shortest!!!

---

"HYUNG WHAT I GONNA DO!!!" I whine as me and Xiumin in our room. I sitting on the floor leaning my head on my arms which propped on his bed.

"Shhh, they gonna hear you," Xiumin said.

"Ah, yeah sorry. What I gonna do!?" I ask again softer.

"Well... nobody thin you a girl right? So they own't find out just cos you dressing as a girl," Xiumin said.

"Won't they get suspicious. What if the outfit is revealing?" I say.

"Oh that true..." Xiumin said. "I thought the biggest problem was me having to bat the guys off with a stick but f they reveal anything of your new body you in deep trouble."

"I know! You should switch with me!" I said, looking at Xiumin hopefully.

"No, I can't do that."

"But you said you'd protect me!"

"I will," Xiumin said. "In fat I already have an idea..."

"Really?"

Xiumin nodded, "yes. I just have to talk to manager hyuung don't worry. Just go on your date to Victoria and i'll solve it on my own."

"D,date!? How you know about the d,date!?" I ask shock.

Xiumin chuckle, "Come on I am not the hyung for no reason." He ruffle my head.

"What you mean you don't mind?" I ask, and I must admit I am a bit miffed! Why he no minding that I going out on a date?

"Why should I mind? You like a brother to me. I guess big brother always wanna see his little brother go on a date-- er well sister now..."

"grrr," i growl. Why he being so irritating. Little brother this, big brother that. Did he only ever just see me as a brother?

"Say, Minseok hyung," I say looking up at him with (what i hope are) innocent eyes. "Do you like anyone?"

"Huh?" Xiumin ask, surprised and looking at me. "Why you asking that?"

"Well, maybe I just want to know what your first date like and... I dunno maybe ask a pointer--" I play with his comforter with my hand, shyly.

"Uh... well now that you mention it no I don't think I like anyone really. And as for my first date... it was a really long time ago but I'll tell you later. Don't you need to get ready to leave soon."

I look at my watch and omg he's right! I jump up and put on a huge hoodie and hat and sunglasses even though it night.

"See you hyung!"

"Be safe!" he said.

----

I go to the meeting place and as I walking there I imagine how the night will be. It will be romantic as we walk among the crowd talking and sharing time with each other. Even though we tired from schedule I just feel energized just thinking of meeting victoria!

I get to the place and I see her already waiting and I run forward, "Hey!" I said. "You waiting long?" I ask.

She is waiting near some fried food stall. All around us are so much food stall with so many things to walk around and eat.

"Hi Tao," she beam. "No I not waiting long at all. Come on my friends already waiting."

"Ok," I said.

Friends? I didn't know it was gonna be friend here too. I am disappointed but I guess it can't be helped. If we went out alone together people could get the wrong idea.

"Hey I am sorry about being so mean to you and calling you a brat We should be closer from now on, ok," she said. "As apology I will buy you whatever you want?"

"Really!?" I say excited without even thinking and she start laughing.

"Hahah you really are like a kid, Y'know that?"

"Hey I'm a man you know. You don't have to pay for me," I replied.

"No it ok," Victoria said. "I always wanted to go out with you like this. It's going to be fun. Come on let's go!"

We walk and I just so happy walking along side her. I still my regular height so I look down at her as we walking and just see her cute face. SHe just got off some drama schedule so her face still has some make up on it but not so heavy. She look so pretty under the glowing lights from the food stands.

Finally she stop and point.

"Ah there they are! Mimi! Kyuhyun oppa!" she run to them and I follow behind her.

She suddenly become so happy when she see them and what happen next I really feel my heart it shatter. She run and link hands with Kyuhyun right away and the smiles on both of their faces make me know exactly what going on. I come up and they all turn to me.

"hey Zitao," greet Zhoumi.

"Hey," Kyuhyun say, waving, his other hand still holding victoria. "Why you bring the runt?" he ask her and she playfully smack him.

"Hush! He not a runt he my friend," she said.

"Oh another of your boy toys? How many are you up to now?" Kyuhyun say.

"Jealous much?" Zhoumi asked, rolling his eyes. "Anyway Zitao it good to have you with us. Don't mind the jealous boyfriend over there."

Boyfriend?

I look over at Kyuhyun and Victoria who are just lost in each other world and bickering each other and they start walking ahead and I sigh. It then that I notice Zhoumi looking sadly at me.

"You get ensnared by her too, huh?" Zhoumi ask. "Sorry. She just has a charm that leads boys in but she has her heart set on that one. Trust me, she really only asked you out as a friend. She likely has no idea how you feel."

I sigh. I guess it's over for me now. Victoria and I really weren't meant to be after all.

Victoria and Kyuhyun stop and she turn around, and look back at me.

"Tao don't hesitate to say what you want, ok? Remembr it my treat!" she said.

I nod and fake a smile, "Ok! Noona!"

-to be continued-

AN - hmmmm what you think ^o^