Chapter 3 I want to protect you

CURSED! By an anti-fan!?!?

Chapter 3

We get to the studio and already I'm nervous as everyone flocks in. I leave the van and follow, a bit worry because I have to dress and get ready for the shoot with the others. I think about my chest bindings... will it be ok?

Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look and see Xiumin smiling at me.

"It'll be ok," he said. "I make sure the fan won't bother you again."

I smile weakly and thank him. Suddenly his brows knit and he pat my shoulder again.

"Did you losing some weight? You seem more... slimmer?" he said.

I blush and kind of shrug his hand from my shoulder.

"R,really? I never notice. Must be from all these activities," I say nervously.

I then run and go join Lay and Luhan tog et away from Xiumin. I know he just ocncern because he my rooom mate. Also he the oldest and I am the youngest so he concern for me. But... i just really scared he'll suspect something if he keep prying into how I feeling.

We finally get to the room and then we start to get ready. THere are clothes on the racks already for us for the photoshoot. We shooting for some Fanta soda here in China. So we start getting dressed and I nervous but I go and grab my clothes too. As everyone getting dress I descreetly slip out the room and go to the bathroom to get dressed in a stall.

When I come back every one is already dressed and beginning their make up so I sit on a chair and the coordi works on me too. Everything is going well and we even have a good photoshoot. The coordis had complimented how my face seemed more gentle today and the photographer liked me as well. It was weird. Nobody suspected a thing!

Finally it over and we get back in the dressing room and Manager announce that we going to a restaurant to celebrate the successful shoot! Everyone cheers and I slip out to go change in the bathroom again while they distractd.

Ugh this so anooying. Really, having to sneak out all the time like this. I change out my clothes and put the photoshoot clothes on a clothes hanger and then I come out the bathroom carrying the things, excited about dinner later.

I open the door to leave the bathroom and... Kris is right there about to come in!

"OH!" I say surprised and step aside.

"Sorry to surprise you," he said.

"It ok, I just coming out," I reply, smiling.

Kris just smile lopsided and then look at the clothes i holding in my hand.

"You dressed in here... separate the others," he noted.

"Yeah," I said, looking down. I don't know what to say.

"About yesterday..." Kris began, and I look back up to meet his eyes. "I sorry... that it my fan who attacked you. I never got the chance to apologize."

"Oh, tis nothing," i said. It just like Kris to be ocncerned about others.

"But it is," Kris objected. "Manager told me all about the note... or rather notes."

I pale. DId manager really tell Kris about the curse.

"W,what he say?" I ask.

"He said an anti fan been threatening you to stay away from me for a while now. I never knew... if I knew I'd have said anything. And now it came to this. They attacked youw ith the flour. It could have been worse. We're lucky it was just flour."

I have to holdback from sighing in relief. SO he just think i got threatened and got flour on me. He doesn't know the curse. Phew!

"It's ok," I replied.

"It's not ok!!!" he said loud. And it startle me.

"Kris..."

"I keep blaming myself!" he said and I realize my back to the wall and I looking up at him as he trap me with his arm near my head. "I keep thinking... if only I knew it wouldn't happen."

"Kris..." my voice go soft as I say his name again. My heart it beating a little fast. I don't know what it mean. Sometimes when I with Kris i get this kind of warm feeling in my gut. My heart race and my stomach feel warm and fluttery. I know it just because I admire him so much that being so close does things to me.

"Tao... Manager said they looking for the girl now... to press charges and make her an example to the other fans... but until we find her let me know right away if you get any other notes. I will protect you."

"I don't need--"

"No really... I feel a responsiblity because I'm leader and also because... because," Kris sigh and look down, and finally he look up and his eyes reach mine and I hold my breathe as our eyes lock. "Because it my own fault I can't stay away from you."

WHAT!? WHat does that mean? I don't even know! But immedietly against my will my face blush red!

But before I can answer Kris phone beep and he turn away from me to look at it.

"It's manager," he said. "We need to hurry. We have reservations for the restaurant."

I nod and follow Kris out the door... my mind going a bit crazy from our previous conversation.

-----

*XIUMIN POV*

Tao been acting strange all day. Ever since the flourincident last night. Was he really that shaken from the incident. Suddenly I just feel so guilty, like it my fault. I know that Tao told me not to tell about the letters to manager or anyone else, but because I didn't tell this happened.

Yes, it's just flour but what if it was something else. I know it stupid but I can't help how I feel. And I keep trying to show my concern but I have a feeling Tao avoiding me all day.

Normally he act normal and we talk and play a lot. But today even just a normal touch on the shoulder he get tense and go away. Did I do something? Or did the flour really bother him that much.

I thinking this thing when we sitting on the van going to the restaurant after the photoshoot. When we get there we sit around the table. It is Manager, Tao, Me. Then on the other side is Kris, Lay and Luhan. and at the end is Chen. We got BBQ because the others thought maybe me and Chen miss it.

We all ordered and we got beer for everyone as well.

"Tao you shouldn't drink so much," the manager said.

"Why not we all adults here," Luhan cut in.

"Yeah!" said Chen.

I chuckle and poured Tao a drink but manager looked owrried anyway.

"Why you worried, this not the first time tao drinking with us," I said.

"What with what happened yesterday I don't want him to be not alert," replied manager.

"It ok, I have my hyungs here to protecting me," Tao said cutely and then we all toast and began to drink and have fun.

Soon we all were just talking and joking and playing and laughing and then manager mention our schedule for tomrrow.

"It another photoshoot. This time for a sport drink," he said.

"Oh yeah it with f(x) Victoria," said Kris.

"Ehhh?" Tao said, a bit drunk.

"Ahh bet you're happy then, huh tao," smirk Lay from across the table.

"N,no," stutter Tao.

"Yeah! Tao has a crush to victoria sunbae!" cackled Lay.

"YIXINNNGGG<" whined Tao. "You said you wouldn't tell."

"Eh? really!?" Luhan look surprised.

Kris also had a look of interest at that. I looked at Tao surprise. I his room mate and he never told me he like Victoria before. I kinda of feel cheated he not tell me.

"Why you never tell me?" I asked. "You told Lay."

"t not like that really," Tao said, waving his hands a little.

"Than what it like?" Kris said, eyes a bit intense on Tao.

"He ask me if I had to pick one the girls in our company...I just said if I HAD to choose one I choose her. Not that I like her," Tao tried to calrify.

"Don't pretend it like that," lay laugh. "You said it with no hesitation!"

"And you said AMBER!" Tao shout and smack the table loud and his bottle of beer fall over and spill, a lot land on his lap. "whoops"

The other crack up laughing and Tao blush and stand up quickly but he stumble so I grab his arm to steady him and stand up too.

"Here let me help you," I say and I grab the towel and dab his thigh. He blush and take the towel from my hands, apologizing.

"I'l help him ot the bathroom," I said and I drag him to the bathroom before anyone can say anything else.

We get to the bathroom and I help Tao dry his pants and I scold him a bit for drinking so much.

"I not so drunk," he whine. "I just got too excited cos Lay teasing me!"

I chuckle and shake my head, "Maybe you need some fresh air." I said and I lead him outside to the balcony area. The restaurant on the 3rd floor so we can see some of the street below but I hold his arm so he don't get too close the rail and he kind of tipsy.

"Yah, why'd you drink so much," i scold.

He sigh and lean his body against me a bit and I blush and try to ignore our closeness and the heat from his body. It times like this i gotta remind myself we just band members... and Lay saying Tao like Victoria just prove it even more.

"Xiumin... my day been so hard today," he complain.

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't tell you," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"It hard. I can't explain."

"Is it about the notes?" I pry.

He hesitate and then he answer by just nodding his head.

"Why you worrying about the notes?" I asked him. "Don't you know I'm here to protect you?"

He laugh and hit my arm and answer, "You didn't protect me yesterday fro the flour."

I flinch at his words, "I'm sorry."

"No it ok," he said. "nothing you can do about it..."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing," he ordered and hit me again.

"My chinese not so good and your korean when you drunk!" I scold. "So all I do is apologize."

He just laugh and then I feel his arms aroung my waist and his head on my shoulder.

"You really think you can protect me? Kris said the same thing but... you two don't know how scary fans really are."

There a silence as I think about what he said. What really bothering our tao?

Tao finally let go and walk towards the balcony shakily and I follow right behind him and he turnaround to look at me, smiling softly, his face a bit flushed from the alcohol, the wind whipping his short dark hair about. He look so radient and I can't help but wnat to freeze this frame in my memory.

"I'm sorry," he said... "That I make you worry."

I shake my head and about to say no he doesn't but then he suddenly slump forward finally passing out from the ffet the alchohol! Immedietly I reach forward and cathc him and even though he tall, he is a bit lighter than I remember last time! Iholding him and turn him and see his eyes shut and he really passed out.

"Tao!" I said and then I notice the way his over size shirt hanging dangerously from his shoulder, exposing his collar bone and I see the beginning of what seem like bandages under his shirt.

"Huh?" I say and my hand pull down his shirt a little wondering when Tao injured himself but before I can i suddenly I hear some footstep behind me and I turn and I see it manager!

"What going on-- TAO!" Manager come forward and take Tao from my arm. As he does so the shoulder of Tao shirt fall back into place hiding the bandage.

"What happened?" Manager asked.

"He just pass out while we talking. He must drank so much," I said.

Manager nod and turn and I help put Tao on manager's back so he can piggy back him.

"We should get home then," Manager said. "Come on the others already in the van."

I nod and follow, my eyes on Tao's sleeping face as we walk.... Tao... what are you hiding???

-to be continued-

AN- wow xiumin almost found out hehe. what you think? do you see some hints of the pairings already?