Just Dinner

Another Chance

“So let me get this straight. You went to a bar, alone. And that bar so happened to be where Chen works, and now you’re dating his co-worker Suho.” Baekhyun summarized Misty’s explanation why she called Baekhyun out for lunch.

“Yeah….” Misty said looking down on her lap.

“So what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know how to tell Chen. He’s set me up with another date tonight and…I don’t know….I-I…” Misty stuttered not knowing how to say what she wanted to say.

“You don’t know how to tell him,” Baekhyun questioned. “Or you don’t want to tell him?”

“I want to tell him….but I don’t know how.” Misty replied.

“Just come out and say it. He’ll be happy for you. Trust me.” Baekhyun said with the wonderful smile Misty adored. It warmed her heart and most definitely reassured her.

~*~*~*~*~

Misty arrived at the restaurant Chen texted her; she got a table for two near the bar and waited for her blind date. She played with the straw of her drink deep in thought. She glanced at her watch, her “date” was ten minutes late and her waiter was getting irritated that she hasn’t ordered anything other than water. She was wearing a black knee length dress with a black cardigan.

“Did you just go to a funeral or something?” she heard a familiar voice. Misty glanced up eyes wide with shock.

“What are you doing here?! Stop snooping!”

“You were totally going to bail on me, I know.” Chen said smirking and taking a seat across Misty. “Too bad I showed up right before you were about to get up and leave with a ten dollar tip for a waiter that served you water. Nice try, but the jokes on you.”

“What do you mean?” Misty said glaring at Chen.

“Your blind date couldn’t make it, he got stuck at work. I figured that you would at least take the time to look social, so instead of telling you I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and have dinner with you.” Misty rolled her eyes.

“Are you not pleased with me taking you out on a date tonight?” Chen joked.

“No…but…”

“Don’t worry I can arrange another day for you to meet your potential new boyfriend.” Misty’s blood ran cold at the word boyfriend. This was the perfect opportunity to tell him. It was like he set it all up so she would fess up. Why does she always get the feeling that he knew everything before she even tells him?

“Chen….I have something to tell you,” Misty started not looking at him.

“Yeah…what’s up?”

“I’m dating Suho.” Misty blurted out before she had the chance to change her mind.

“Oh.” Was all Chen said.

“You begged people?!” Misty exclaimed.

“Well yeah…once I said you’re name they opposed the idea. I mean they don’t want to be the next front cover headline of Class.”

“Okay, who the even reads Class….better question why am I such a hot topic all the time?! I bet the person that runs this thing doesn't even know anything about me except for how evil I am. Ugh." Misty grumbled.

“Actually, 80% of the student body reads it. The other 10% are the hipsters like you that always make the daily news. And you might be surprised at how close the person that runs class is to you.”

“Ugh. It’s not like it’s you or Baekhyun. Maybe we have a class but I bet that’s it.”  Misty said rolling her eyes.

“Yeah it’s definitely not me or Baekhyun.” Chen replied with his sly smile.

“Then who the is it? So I can tear their head off!”

“Chanyeol.”

 

AN: Okay, this is like another filler! UGH! I really have no idea how to get to the main storyline...really....sorry this is such a fail! But soon, it will come soon! Hopefully...so thank you for still reading it truly means a lot!