New Year's

Another Chance

I would like to wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEARS! I wish you all happiness and good health throughout 2013!
Also, I write this on paper first, so I'm actually way ahead into the story already. I just wanted to know if you guys wanted ? Never written one but I can try. XD And how many of you guys actually read my AN at the end? hehehe let me know!! Thank you for subscribing and commenting! It truly means a lot to me!

 

It was New Years and Misty was planning on spending it alone with her laptop and Lord of the Rings fanfictions. She was waiting for Chen to call her up and pester her about going to the New Year’s Eve party that will be held at some rich senior kid’s house. She was about to click on an Aragorn/Legolas fanfic when her doorbell rang. She let out a frustrated groan, got off the bed and walked to her front door. She looked into the peep hole and she wasn’t surprised at all when she saw who was at her door step.

“You better have a good excuse to why you are here.” Misty said once she opened the door.

“This is how you are spending New Year’s?” Baekhyun asked. He was wearing a black jacket but he was still shivering. “Come to the New Year’s Eve party! A-and can I come in?”

“No and…no.” Misty said as she began to close the door.

“What’s your excuse this year? You have some rare contagious illness or are you at your aunts in New Zealand?” Chen immediately popped up from behind Baekhyun and stopped the door with his hand.

“Oh my god,” Misty’s eyes widened her hands unconsciously grabbed onto her chest. “And no! I actually have plans!”

“Yes, planning on reading gay Lord of the Rings fics.” Chen replied pushing the door open and shoving Misty aside allowing himself, Baekhyun and a random stranger in. Misty’s mouth hung open. How Chen knew of her secret? She may never know. But what had stunned her was that Baekhyun and Chen were both standing in her living room.

“How do you two know each other?” Misty finally asked after closing the door. She wasn’t aware that Chen and Baekhyun knew of each other until that moment and neither of them ever mentioned that they knew the other.

“It’s a small world,” Chen said taking a seat on her couch. “And you’re going to that party whether you like it or not!”

“And it would be a waste for this lovely dress that I bought!” Baekhyun added revealing a dress bag that he’s been hiding behind his back.

“How many times do I have to say no?” Misty groaned in frustration as she started to storm off to her room. But before she could even reach the door, someone grabbed her from the waist and hung her on their shoulder.

“Ugh! CHEN WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?! Put me down!” Misty screamed punching him on the shoulder blades.

“I haven’t left your couch.” She heard Chen said. Misty froze; she turned her head and found Baekhyun standing a few feet away from her and gave her a little wave.

“Channie, take her to the bathroom.” Baekhyun commanded. Chanyeol obligated and walked Misty to her bathroom followed by Baekhyun. Chanyeol opened her bathroom door and set Misty down.

“I’m Chanyeol by the way, nice meeting you.” The tall golden haired boy said giving Misty a wide grin before stepping out of the way. Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged sweet eye smiles before Baekhyun entered the bathroom. He started ping the bag and took out a black strapless mini dress.

“Take off your ugly pajamas.” Baekhyun instructed without looking at Misty as he ran a lint roller on the dress.

“Dude no! Get out!” Misty yelled pushing Baekhyun out of her bathroom.

“Okay okay,” Baekhyun surrendered his hand ups in the air and made his way out. “But you’ll need my help, you’ll see.” Misty closed the door on him and faced the black dress that was hanging on the towel hanger.

“The party can’t be that bad…right?” She thought. She stripped her pajamas when she realized she didn’t have a bra on and that her towel was in the wash.

            “Um…Baekhyun!”

            “Yes dear,” Baekhyun moments later.

            “Can you…grab me my bra…it’s umm in my closet on the left side,” She leaned on the door for support; her face was flushed red from embarrassment. She opened the door and stuck her hand out when she heard a light tap on the door. Closing the door behind her and making sure it was locked, Misty faced the black mini dress. She managed to squeeze herself into the tight dress but later realized that she needed help zipping the back.

            “Baekhyun!” She called out. She faced the mirror her hands hugging her to keep the dress from falling. She immediately opened the door once she heard the familiar light tap on the door.

            “What did I tell? You need me.” Baekhyun said as he closed the door behind him.

            “Look at me? I look ridiculous!” Misty said as she turned around and twisted her hair in a bun with her hand. She felt Baekhyun’s fingers on the small of her back, causing her to arch her back from the unfamiliar sensation.

            “Would you stay still! Or your skin will get caught,” Misty bit her lip and shut her eyes trying not to focus on Baekhyun’s finger brushing up her spinal cord. “There! Now turn,” Misty turned and faced Baekhyun who eyed her from head to toe. “Would you stop looking like you’re !”

“But I do feel and it’s so tight!” Misty complained.

“Would you stop your complaining! Now, back straight, chest out and chin up,” Baekhyun took a step back and continued to examine her. “And, I don’t trust you with your hair and make-up so I’ll just do it for you.” 

After a good hour of sitting and watching Baekhyun curl her hair and paint her face, Misty was finally ready. She walked out her living room. Chen stopped mid-sentence and stood up while Chanyeol turned his body to face Misty.

“You look good!” Chanyeol smiled at her, she smiled back at him before turning to face Chen whose face she could not read.

“What do you mean good? She’s perfect.” Baekhyun said coming out of the bathroom and sitting on Chanyeol’s lap.

“I’m so uncomfortable it hurts.” Misty piped in.

“Beauty is pain. And it’s going to get a lot worse.” Baekhyun stood up and grabbed the box that sat on the coffee table. He opened the lid and took out red stilettos.

“No! Just no!” Misty cried backing up.

“You’re not wearing sneakers or flats! You are not ruining this master piece,” Misty cringed and hesitantly took the shoes from Baekhyun. Misty slipped on the shoes, grabbing onto Baekhyun’s shoulder for balance. “I expect you to be committed with these shoes. You can’t take them off.” He finished eyeing Misty. She just rolled her eyes and put on the other heel, she knew better than to argue with him.

Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Misty cramped into Chen’s blue Mini Cooper. Misty took the front while Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in the back.

“So Misty…who’s going to be your New Year’s Eve kiss?” Chanyeol asked.

“I’m not planning on having one.” Misty replied quickly.

“She’ll never allow anyone to be that close,” Baekhyun said leaning forward touching her on the shoulder. “Isn’t that right Misty?”

For the rest of the way it was silent except for the giggling that slipped from Baekhyun. Misty did not dare look back.

Once they arrived, Baekhyun and Chanyeol disappeared to who knows where while Chen and Misty found a corner to stand by away from everyone else.

“Aren’t you hot?” Chen asked ing his suit jacket.

“I’m going to avoid revealing my stupid outfit as much as I can.” Misty responded. She was still wearing her trench coat while everyone else was in their formal attires. Misty eyed every girl that was wearing something a bit too inappropriate and she was stumped on how they were comfortable with showing so much skin. She was too deep in thought to notice that someone had come up to her and Chen.

“Chen!” A guy wearing a black suit with a red cup in hand gave Chen a hug. Chen acknowledged the guy, who Misty had never seen before, with welcoming arms. Misty stared at them for a moment before turning away and returned to observing the rest of the crowd.

“Misty,” Chen patted her on the shoulder, she turned both Chen and his friend towered over her. “This is Kai, Kai Misty.”

“Nice to meet you.” Kai said extending out his hand. She grabbed it expecting a handshake but instead he brought her hand to his lips, his eyes not leaving hers. Misty just simply smiled at him reminding herself to keep composed.

“I’ll leave you two then,” Chen interrupted. Misty’s eyes darted towards him, she glared at him with her “don’t you dare leave me” look but he only smiled and winked at her. “Have fun.” He finished putting a hand on Kai’s shoulder before turning around and walking away. Misty watched him until he was indulged by the crowd.

 

AN: I'm hoping to update the next part tomorrow! I'm sorry I left you guys hanging. I will really try my best to have the next chapter up tomorrow! Again, have a Happy and safe New Year!~Btrix27