Wedding Bells are Ringing: Part 1

Another Chance

Misty blinked a few times before her eyes adjusted to the light coming from the balcony window. She propped both her elbows up and looked over beside her; where a sound asleep Mario laid. She thought she just dreamt of knocking on the door but unfortunately it came again; this time louder. She got out of bed, grabbed her robe and tiptoed as silently as she could to the door.

“What are you doing here?” Misty asked softly and slipped out of the room as silently as she could.

“Can we talk?” Chen asked who was also in his robes and slippers. Misty just rolled her eyes and waved her hand for him to lead her to the elevator. They both said nothing until they were out of the lobby and in the small garden at the back of the hotel.

“Do you think I’m making a mistake?” Chen asked once they were seated on the cold marble bench. He was looking somewhere distant, which meant that he was lost in his own thoughts and Misty had to pull him out.

“Why are you asking me? Shouldn’t you and Danni be the ones discussing this?” But Chen only turned to her with his “I’m actually being serious” face.

“Are you ready for it? But most importantly is Danni? She’s only twenty, a junior in college and obviously still very attached to mommy and daddy.” Misty said.

“I already know that because we’ve discussed it. She’s going to skip this next semester so we can establish ourselves. And I know its crazy but I really do love her and it’s crazier that she also loves me. She’s not embarrassed of me or pushes me away. She lets me hold her for as long as I want to in public.”

“And I didn’t?” Misty whispered before thinking.

“No, you always slipped away.” Chen replied. Misty tried to recall those years when she and Chen were tiptoeing around their feelings for each other. “It’s so easy to be with her, Misty.”

“You basically answered your own question.” Misty said a bit coldly as she stood right up but Chen pulled her back down.

“I’m asking you because what if we tried again.” Chen said looking right into Misty’s eyes. Her breath caught and her mind stopped working. “It’s not too late.” Misty looked down fighting the tears that were beginning to burn behind her eyelids.

“I’m flattered, really. Danni was right when she said you had me up on a pedestal which you shouldn’t,” Misty paused looking at her hands. “But it is too late, we had our chance. I came thinking I was going to lose you to some pathetic girl but in reality I’m the pathetic girl you should walk away from. You’re so happy to be with her and that’s all I want for you. So don’t let me get in the way again.” She failed again at keeping her tears hidden and out of sight.

“You never got in the way of my happiness because you helped me find it,” Chen said as he wrapped his arms around her. “I just want you to be happy too because you were the best thing thats ever been mine.” Misty hugged Chen tighter.

“Just promise me you’ll be okay.” Chen finished as he pulled away from her. Misty chuckled a little wiping the last bit of her tears.

“When have I never been?” Misty replied sarcastically.

“You’re pathetic.” Chen shot back chuckling.

When Misty got back to her room she realized that she had left her room key and phone. She knocked on the door hoping Mario was already awake. After a few moments with no luck she decided to go over to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room.

“So he basically asked you to elope.” Baekhyun said, all three of them sprawled on the bed.

“The nerves that boy has to runaway on his wedding day.” Misty exclaimed.

“Oh whatever! You would probably do the same thing if you were him, you guys are similar in that way.” Chanyeol added causing Baekhyun and Misty to burst out laughing.

“Oh! And you totally went MIA at the restaurant last night. Where did you go?” Baekhyun said after a few moments of amicable silence.

“That’s none of your business,” Misty replied with a sly grin on her face, getting out of the bed “I still need to get ready, maybe you’ll find out eventually.” Sticking out her tongue and bolted out the door before Baekhyun could protest.

This time when she knocked on the door to her room a shirtless Mario greeted her. She greeted him with a peck on the lips before entering. She noticed that the shower was already running and was thankful that he had caught him before he showered. Mario hugged her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulders.

“I was a bit upset when I woke up with no one beside me.” Mario says in a warm tone.

“Sorry babe, Chen asked me to help him with something.” Misty said as she replayed her conversation with Chen, she started thinking what if she did agree.

“Shower with me?” Mario asked.

“Not today, I want to focus on the wedding.” Mario nodded kissing her on the cheek before making his way to the bathroom. Misty sat on the couch and thought about how different this moment would have been if she and Chen decided differently. Sure, they might eventually figure something out where they can a happily ever after but that would be at a different lifetime. They both weren’t selfish enough to hurt the ones they loved. Plus they didn’t want to deal with angry rich folks.

The morning flew by and everyone was meeting up at the lobby to make their way to the church. Danni wanted to get married at a vineyard in California, but her parents wanted a traditional wedding. Misty was still on for being the maid of honor and as the “head” of Danni’s young poises, she was somehow ended up fixing everyone’s hair, makeup and dress dilemmas. By the time she got the bridal party out of the hotel and into cars the groomsmen along with several guest were already at the church.

“What are you guys still doing here?” Misty asked when she passed Baekhyun and Chanyeol by the hotel bar.

“Well since were not groomsmen we figured we’d catch a ride with you.” Baekhyun said sipping a martini.

“With Danni’s dress it would be a miracle if I could ride with her, then again someone overbooked the rental cars cause we have one extra. So Danni could ride by herself.” Misty said taking Baekhyun’s drink and chugged it in one go. Misty made a sour face before handing it back to him. “I’ll meet you guys out there in a few minutes.”

And just like she said she had Danni out of the hotel but the car challenge awaited. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were outside looking dashing in their black tux, when Mario appeared out of nowhere and wrapped his arms around her waist. Misty loved when Mario was affectionate in public because he hardly was but she was starting to get a bit annoyed. Baekhyun immediately spotted her, his eyes going wide and his jaws dropping. She was in trouble.

“MARIO?!” A high pitched girly voice ringed in Misty’s ears. She looked around to where the poofy white girl stood. Misty was a bit shocked that it was Danni; maybe she was a fan of his.

“Danni!!” Mario exclaimed letting go of Misty and walked towards to where Danni stood immobile. So Danni was more than a fan because Mario remembered her name, Misty thought as she followed Mario.

“Wow Danni! You look really beautiful!” Mario complimented Danni and hugged her as soon as she was within his reach. Misty stood by Mario waiting for some explanation because this had never happened before. She was used to fans recognizing Mario when they were out back in Germany, heck even in different parts of Europe and he would always stop to give out autographs and take pictures. This was beyond unusual.

“I can’t believe you’re here?! Are you with Misty?” Danni asked in the brink of tears.

“Yeah I am. Are you marrying her friend Chen?” Danni grinned widely and nodded wiping the few tears with gentle touches of her fingers.

“Well I hate to break up your little reunion but we got to get to the church, you don’t want to miss your own wedding!” Misty cut them off and ushered Danni to the black limo. “Babe, those are my friends Baekhyun and Chanyeol, you can ride with them.” Misty said turning to Mario, he only nodded, kissed her on the cheek before going to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Misty prayed that Baekhyun would be on his best behavior but she wasn’t at all worried at about that when she had to start literally pushing Danni in the limo.

A/N: Hello lovelies!! FINALLY! It's Chen's wedding day! I got a new laptop and I had to rewrite this whole thing which was a pain but this turned out better than what I wrote the first time around. Alright! Well I hope you enjoy this chapter and as always I love to know what you guys think! Until next time! ~Btrix27