Requests and an old friend

Another Chance

The first thing on the agenda on Monday morning was for Misty, Chen and Danni to go to a bridal shop to get Misty’s bride’s maid dress. The bridal shop was filled with rows upon rows of gowns of varies colors, sizes and style. Misty was asked to stand on a platform in front of three gigantic mirrors while Chen sat down on the chair a few feet away.
 

“What?” Misty said when she caught Chen staring at her.

“You just hate attending weddings huh?” Chen replied.

“What’s there not to hate?” Misty smiled maliciously.

“Well Danni and I very much appreciate you being here, I actually asked Baekhyun how I could possibly get you to come and for once he didn’t have a slight idea.” Chen chuckled. Right as Misty was about to reply, Danni came towards their designated area with all sorts of dress in both of her hands.

“Okay Misty, I really hate that I’m asking this of you but,” Danni paused and Misty prayed that she wouldn’t have to try on the peacock colored dress that was right on top of pile, “My best friend, Krystal is my Maid of Honor and she was supposed to be back from Mexico yesterday. But instead, I get a call from her saying she broke her ankle playing beach volleyball. And she refuses to be the Maid of Honor with a broken ankle. I mean it’s totally understandable it would just ruin the dress I had picked out for her. So what do you say? Would you like to be my Maid of Honor?” Danni grinned; Misty glanced over at Chen who also wore that sly smile that she adored.

“But I just met you? I don’t think I’m qualified? Don’t you have some other friend, sister, cousin, distant relative, neighbor that would be more appropriate for such a position?” Misty questioned.

“Nope! Besides we have a week to become best friends, think about how wonderful it would be! Chen has told me so much about you and you are such a lovely person.” Danni beamed and Chen just gave her a reassuring smile.

“Oh alright.” Misty said. Danni threw the dresses on Chen and rushed over to hug Misty.

“Oh thank you Misty! Thank you Thank you!”

For hours Misty tried on all sorts of dress. Long, short, fluffy, slimming, colorful you name it Misty probably has tried it all.  Of course Danni refused to agree on black, like Misty suggested. She was more after the color peach or lavender. Misty went in a dressing room to try on a strapless sequenced peach colored dress, that wrapped her around her waist and hip really nicely. She was in the middle of putting her jeans back on when her phone rang.

“Hello?” She answered buttoning her pants and not bothering to put her shirt back on.

“Misty, you have some bad news coming your way.” Nathan said on the other line.

“No worries, the worst of all news just came my way. So I don’t think any more bad news would make a difference.”

“Don’t freak out, there was a storm and water got in your room and ruined most of your handwritten rough drafts,” Misty felt her knees give away she put her hand on the chair next to her for balance. “And by most….I mean all of it.” Misty decided it was best for her to sit down.

“Thanks Nathan, I’ll be back as soon as I can. I’ll just…” Misty ran her fingers through her hair sighing deeply. “I’ll figure it out. Thanks Nathan, I’ll call as soon as I think of something. Bye.” Misty hung up the phone. Great just great. Just then the door opened and Misty shot up forgetting she only had skinny jeans and a bra on.

“Mist…oh…Danni wanted you to try on this last one. I think you might like it.” Chen said hanging a midnight blue dress on the door handle. All the while Misty grabbed her shirt and tried to cover her upper half.

“I’ve seen you more than that.” Chen joked as Misty tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear.

“Well things are different now.” She replied not meeting his gaze.

“Yeah. I guess so.”

~*~

After having dinner with Chen and Danni, Misty was officially done with wedding preparations. Danni definitely had the energy to shop all day and on top of that she had enough fuel in that little tiny body of hers to ignite her inner bridezilla. Once Misty got inside her hotel, the first thing she did was go out to the balcony and lit a cigarette. She gained the habit after she moved to India; no matter where you went smoking was a custom. She didn’t smoke often only when just whenever she needed to relieve stress and think. She turned to alcohol to stop thinking. Just then a person appeared in the balcony a few feet away from her. She turned her head to the right and was almost positive she knew the person.

“Kai?” She called out. The person turned, it took him a minute to recognize her in the dark but eventually returned her smile.

“Misty? Is that you? Wow you look great as always!” Kai said as he leaned over the left railing of his balcony.

“Thanks! You too! Cigarette?” Misty asked holding up her pack about to throw it over.

“No thanks I uhh quit.”

“Seriously? Why are you out here then?”

“Get some fresh air,” just then they heard a faint little voice.

“Daddy?” Kai chuckled when he noticed Misty’s curious grin, he could almost picture her brain piecing everything together.

“Wow, you’re a dad. That’s amazing!” Misty complimented.

“Umm yeah. I’m married with two kids.” Kai replied raising his right hand where he wore a golden ring on his ring finger.

“Good for you! I didn’t think you would be the first to have a family out of all of us.”

“I didn’t either. But my life changed once she told me she was pregnant, I didn’t think I was ready to be a dad but I needed to man up and take care of my family. Life throws so many curve balls at you, so you either duck or take the swing with hopes that you don’t get in the face.” Misty chuckled, Kai might now be more responsible but he still had the cheesiest life advices.

“By the way, none of us thought you would actually come,” Kai was wanted to tell her one more thing when another “daddy” rang in his ears. “I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

“Goodnight.” Misty said as Kai went back inside. Misty sighed, it seemed like everyone knew where their life was going and she was still running around trying to figure out her next move. She was falling behind, she didn’t want being too late her greatest regret.

AN: Finally this story is going! Yay! As you know subscribers, upvotes and comments are always appreciated. I'm sorry I don't reply. I get busy and whenever I have time I always forget that I want to reply to guys. So please don't take it personally, I read all your comments and maybe this time I can remember and find time to have a conversation with you guys. Or you could always message me. :P