One Winter Day

Another Chance

Winter break was almost over; meaning graduation was within Misty’s grasp. She couldn’t wait to get out of college, out of the city that she’s lived in for most of her life. Today was quiet; most of the students went up to the ski resorts a few hours away. As for Misty, she stayed back in her cozy apartment and did some cleaning. She was almost done with reorganizing the bookshelf after she dusted it, when she heard a tap on her door. She groaned, got down from the barstool she was standing on and opened the door.

“Why am I not surprised that you’re here?”

“I would be worried if you actually thought I was out in this below zero weather.” Misty replied stepping aside and allowing Chen to come in.

“I thought you weren’t going to be back until next week, did you get tired of your family already?” Misty snickered closing the door and making her way to the kitchen.

“No,” Chen began as he unlaced his snow boots. “My parents decided to go on a cruise to Tahiti….without me…” Chen grumbled.

“Well that was nice of them” Misty chuckled briefly as she took out two mugs and poured hot coco in both. She made her way back to the living room, handed a mug to Chen and sat next to him on her small couch.

“Thanks,” He said before taking sip. Misty chuckled when he turned towards her. “What?”

“You have a little something…” Misty trailed off, bringing her hands to Chen’s upper lip to wipe off the mustache. He giggled, embarrassed and shoved her hand away.

“Yah! I’m trying to help you!” Misty exclaimed slapping his shoulder. Chen stuck his tongue out and scooted a few inches away from Misty. She glared at him, sat her mug down on the coffee table in front of her and went back to cleaning the bookshelf. Chen stared at her; admiring the love and care she gave her books.

“Why can’t you,” Chen paused, thinking of how to word his sentence.

“Why can’t I what?” Misty asked not bothering to look at Chen.

“Why can’t you love people like you love your books?” Chen blurted out. Before he would have regretted bringing up this particular topic but it was different this time around, he at least needed to try.

“Chen…”Misty trailed off.

“Were my friends that bad?”

“No, I was simply not interested in any of them.” Misty said walking back to the couch, sitting and crossing her legs beside Chen.

“I see. I know that our deal is technically over but if you’re willing to go on a few more dates…”

“No Chen! No more!” Misty cut him off.

“I’ve been saving these guys for last for a reason! Trust me; one of these guys would definitely be a match!” Chen pleaded. “You’ve lived on your own for so long that I don’t think you remember the feeling of having company. Don’t you dare argue that Baekhyun and I count because we don’t; you’ve forgotten how to give affection.” Misty raised an eyebrow; although she did not want to admit it, Baekhyun was right. She’s lived on her own for so long that she didn’t think that she needed anyone.

“Fine.” Misty grumbled in a low voice that Chen almost missed it.  She needed to learn how to say no to Chen, he brought her nothing but trouble. Yet, Misty never seemed to mind. Both Baekhyun and Chen forced themselves onto Misty and maybe that’s what made them different from everyone else, they stood their ground. No matter what Misty did to try and get rid of them they stuck to her like glue.

“You won’t regret it!” Chen exclaimed wrapping his arms around Misty. She bit her lip and rolled her eyes. Misty eventually realized that it was no use in pushing, squirming and even biting Chen to get him off of her. He had a habit of clinging on until who knows when.

 

~*~

“Why are you so worried about Misty?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun. They were back in the hotel after their long day on the slopes. After taking a warm shower separately, realizing they were too tired and sore to do anything else, they both laid on the king mattress.

“Because she’s so closed off, always pushing people away. It bothers me that she hasn’t had a stable relationship; she’s had flings but nothing stable. Chen and I are trying so hard trying to find a match for her, but no one we throw at her catches her eye.” Baekhyun said.

“Well maybe she isn’t up for anything permanent. I mean she plans on travelling the world. She’s a lone wolf.” Chanyeol replied, putting arm around Baekhyun shoulder and rubbing small circles on his shoulders.

“I would be happy if she had a boyfriend until graduation,” Baekhyun laid his head on Chanyeol’s chest and closed his eyes. “I think the next person Chen and I picked out for her will be the one.” Baekhyun finished with a sigh, cuddling closer to Chanyeol before drifting off to sleep.


I finally updated! Sorry you guys, I've been so busy. OTL but no matter! Thank you for sticking with this. This chapter is more of a filler and I'm hoping to get the main plot running soon! Sorry if there are any grammar errors, I was in a hurry on posting this because I've missed you guys! lol anyways...who do you think is "the one" for Misty?