Plans are brewing

Another Chance

Misty was in her hotel, on her bed and blogging about a recent ritual she learned in Bosnia. She needed to keep herself busy to get her mind off of the wedding. This was all too sudden and she couldn’t wrap her mind around it just yet. She knew Chen was the type of person that wanted to get married and have a family. Suddenly she heard a knock on the door; she groaned placed her laptop on the bedside table and walked to the door.

“AHHH!” Misty exclaimed.

“AHHH!” Baekhyun copied her high squeal. Misty pounced on him and gave him a tight hug. Baekhyun walked inside the hotel with Misty still clung on to him.

“You’re here! Thank god you’re here!”

“Chen called Chanyeol and I a month ago….” Baekhyun started.

“Chanyeol is here! You guys are still together?!” Misty said finally letting go of Baekhyun.

“Unfortunately,” Baekhyun joked rolling his eyes.  “Wow, you drained your alcohol stock.” Baekhyun continued eyeing the partly opened fridge. Misty couldn’t meet his eyes.

“Is this….are you…” Baekhyun walked over to Misty, hands on either side of her wanting her to look at him but Misty just avoided his gaze. “No…Misty!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he shook her.

“She’s the wrong person for him. She’s so…happy and verdant. I hate her.”

“And that’s wrong because…” Baekyun lead Misty to the bed and both laid down facing the ceiling.

“She’s little Miss. Perfect, with her natural beauty, hour glass figure and on top of that she’s like 16! He feel for a teenager, she has this puppy love for Chen!” Misty complained.

“First of all she’s 19 and I think someone is jealous.” Baekhyun responded.

“Who me? Why would I be jealous? I just think Chen is so stupid. I mean my ChenChen has never dated such a lively person; she was never his type before. So why now?”

“Is that what this is all about? You’re scared of losing him. You can’t accept that he moved on from you.” Silence fell upon the two. Misty couldn’t deny it. She couldn’t even own up to it. So why lie?

“I regret not taking the chance when I had it in my grasp. Suho and I dated for the wrong reasons and I was afraid of losing Chen the way I did with Suho. I remember just before I left, we made a promise to each other that if you weren’t both married when we reached the age of twenty-five, we would just marry each other.” Misty said as tears started falling.

“He’s been in love with you for the past seven years; did you not notice at all?” Baekhyun asked taking Misty’s hand and intertwining it with his.  

“I’m oblivious to everything. I can’t afford to have wishful thinking. Besides, Chen forced me to go on dates with a bunch of his friends. I wasn’t paying attention.”

“Remember that one time when one of your dates didn’t show up and instead it was Chen?”

“Umm yeah. That was the night I wanted to go to your apartment and rip Chanyeol to pieces.” Misty chuckled.

“That was Chen’s poor excuse to have a date with you. Then you laid your Suho news on him. He wasn’t really affected at first but eventually I saw through his mask. He was glad that it was Suho instead of someone else he didn’t really know but deep down he was hurting.” Misty couldn’t help the tears that were now violently coming down her face.

“Now I’m going to lose him without knowing my true feelings. He’s waited so long I guess he deserves to be happy now, he could stop his wishful thinking.” Misty said as she tried to get up but Baekhyun grabbed her and pulled her back down on the bed, Baekhyun just gave her a cheeky smile.

“Well Miss. I deserve to be alone, you have a week to make it up to Chen and maybe just maybe it would trigger something inside of him and marry you instead by the end of the week.” Baekhyun proposed.

“That is a very cynical plan…I like it!” Misty said. This was her future and she wouldn’t let some Malibu Barbie keep her from getting her happiness back.

“As much as I love implanting evil plans in your brain I have to get going. Chanyeol is probably having a hard time organizing my facial crèmes.” Baekhyun chuckled as he got off the bed and made his way to the door.

“I still want to rip Chanyeol’s vocal cords for that stupid blog he ran.” Misty said through gritted teeth.

“He’s become quite successful from that blog of his, he’s now an Executive Editor. Without your contribution to making that blog as successful as it was, Chanyeol probably would have dropped out. So he owes you,” Baekhyun said half way out the door and just before Misty closed the door, “Know your limits Misty. We wouldn’t want a tragedy to occur.”

 

AN: YAY! Sort of a long chapter! Like always I enjoy your comments and how you guys predict everything! Thank you to my new subscribers, it always bring a smile when I see a notification that isn't a friend's post lol, and like always thank you for reading and I would truly appreciate it if you guys would upvote and comment. Thanks for reading!