Mondays

Another Chance

Misty, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen were having lunch together under their usual spot under the large oak tree. There was a comfortable silence among the four while they ate their lunch. Misty was thinking about Suho, the bartender. Every time his genuine smile comes to mind, she couldn’t help but smile herself. She hadn’t noticed until Baekhyun pointed it out.

“What’s with the cheeky smile?”

“What cheeky smile?” Misty asked getting out of her little daze.

“Oh c’mon you’ve been doing it all day, it’s plastered on that pretty face of yours,” Chanyeol said swallowing whatever he was chewing before continuing. “It’s kind of creepy.”

“Well newsflash! If my smile is creepy yours is creepier!” Misty barked sticking her tongue out. Chanyeol glared at her.

“But seriously what’s with that sly dazed eye smile?” Baekhyun asked as he took Chanyeol’s hand and intertwined them. Chanyeol gave a heavy sigh and kissed the back of Baekhyun’s hand.

“I-I’m just deep in thought about something.”

“Well whatever it is it must have hit your hard head pretty hard.” Chen said finally joining in the conversation. He took a bite out of his apple and stared as Misty. She felt a lump from in . It was as if he knew that she was the girl at the club. Panic rose through her and before she knew it she was already gathering her stuff.

“I just remembered I have somewhere to be, I’ll talk to you guys later.” She said as she turned around as she headed to the arts building.

“Don’t forget, our band is playing at the Bulldog bar tonight! YOU PROMISED YOU’D BE THERE!” Chen shouted. Misty groaned she had totally forgotten about their first live performance.

~*~*~*~

Misty was in her car about ready to cry. The Bulldog Bar was the same bar she went to on Friday night. Could someone shoot her now before she ends up embarrassing herself? But of course the only thing that came was Chen knocking on her window, arms full of equipment. She took a deep breath before opening the car door.

“ARE YOU EXCITED?! CAUSE I KNOW I AM!!” Chen shouted. Misty just rolled her eyes and grabbed one of the mic stands Chen was holding.

“And whose dress are you wearing? Cause I’m pretty sure you don’t own anything like that.” Chen said behind Misty. She was wearing a black strapless sequence dress and stilettoes, and when she realized it was the same bar where Suho worked, she decided to pile on more makeup.

“It’s mine. My closet has more to it than meets the eye.” Misty looked back and gave Chen a wink.

Once inside, the two met up with Kris, Xiumin, Luhan Lay and Tao who were setting up their own equipment on the stage.

“Hey Misty, glad you can come!” Kris said as he approached her.

“Oh yeah no problem,” she said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “You guys are going to rock!”

“We certainly hope so, I mean it’s a Monday the place will be pretty much dead.”

“They’ll love you and you’re going to get the Saturday Night gigs.” Misty said smiling; Kris returned it before walking away and helping Tao untangle his amp cords. Misty got off stage and decided to pick a seat right in the front row. She sat down her tiny purse on the round table in front of her and watched as the boys finish setting up.

“Hello Miss, would you like anything to drink?” A voice said surprising her. Misty turned; her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach as she quickly looked down and covered her face with her left hand.

“Umm…no I’m okay.” She stuttered.

“Misty?”

.

Misty looked up then and smiled at Suho. There was no point in denying that he caught her.

“Heeeyyyy!” She said a wide smile on her face. Suho chuckled. Misty’s heart fluttered. His laugh was so musical and it melted her insides into goo.

“It’s nice seeing you here…again. I won’t have to you out right?” Suho asked.

“On no that won’t be necessary, he knows I’m here tonight. I was forced to be here I’m afraid.” Misty said.

“Oh cool! I’ll get you that drink of yours.” Suho says as he turns around headed for the bar.

But before Misty could protest he was already out of ear shot. “What the is happening to me?!” Misty mumbled to herself.  She was slapping her cheeks when Chen suddenly came out of nowhere.

“What in the world are you doing?” Chen said with a raise eyebrow.

“Trying not to fall asleep,” Misty giggled at her excuse, how was he supposed to believe that when it was only 9 PM. “Oh wonderful! My drink is here!” Misty exclaimed when she saw Suho with her white drink with a pineapple on the rim of the glass.

“Peña Colada huh?”

“Don’t judge me…” Misty trailed off snatching off the drink off of Suho’s hands and downing half of it. Again.

She heard Kris call out for Chen and when she couldn’t hear his footsteps against the tile floor, she brought the drink down and sat it down on the table.

“Wow, you’re really good at chugging things,” Suho deadpans. “And you got a little something…” gesturing to the mustache that had formed on top of her lip. Misty flushed red and quickly wiped it off with a napkin that was on the table. Suho chuckled.

Suddenly Chen’s band started to play. Suho slipped away back to his station at the bar and Misty took her seat on the front row. She noticed that quite a number of people had gathered around the stage watching the band. Most of them were older men but that didn’t stop them from tapping their foot to the beat. To Misty, it seemed that they were enjoying song after song as much as she was. She looked at Chen the most, often locking eyes with him. He glistened when he performed, he had a radiant glow that Misty has never seen before, it was something more than the sweat the lightly covered him. To Misty he seemed happy, content.

 

AN: What was this chapter? I don't even know. Ugh...I wrote this really late last night. -___- anyways, I hope that the next few chapters will make up for this one! So let me know what you guys think? And don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote! I always appreciate it! ~Btix27