Fifth

Intricate Masquerade

 

 

“Seunghyun!”

Taecyeon and Daesung were switching glances, eyebrows jotting up at the sudden intrusion. Youngbae popped out, breathing heavily and suddenly lost his voice when he found Jiyong, especially when he was only an inch away from Seunghyun. The guy gulped and trailed his eyes along Seunghyun’s arm which connected to Jiyong’s face. His face darkens instantly. What happened?

“Youngbae, what is it?” Taecyeon shook the guy’s shoulder, knocking him off from trance. Almost forgetting his line, he cleared his throat before speaks calmly.

“The police…they are on their way here” he moved closely to Seunghyun and looked over to Jiyong. The boy didn’t look at him instead his head was hung as if avoiding any eye contact.   

“!” Seunghyun cursed under his breath, slowly backing steps away. It seemed like someone saw the scene and reported them to the police.

“Taec, you and Dae go run somewhere else. Make sure you bring the boy too” he said, burning a hole on the lifeless body.

Not waiting a second pass, everyone quickly move their around. Taecyeon picked the boy up and put the body on his shoulder as Daesung brought the bat with him, getting rid of the evidence. Youngbae disappeared somewhere else to divert the police’s attention, leaving both of the guys alone.

Seunghyun quickly started his tracks and about to speed off. Just when he realized the other guy has yet made a move, he returned. Jiyong is still in daze from digesting whatever happened froze on his spot, looking anywhere else.

“What the are you still doing here? Didn’t you hear him? You’ll get caught, Kwon” he hissed as well pulling the guy’s wrist.

“I- d-don’t k-” before Jiyong could even protest, Seunghyun already dragged his body, running away without stopping.

 

-

 

They succeed in hiding eventually. Behind big bushes, Seunghyun and Jiyong tried to catch their breaths, plopping onto their butts. They panted heavily with chest heaving up and down and. Loud sirens could be heard nearby and there were flash of light, both of them held in their breath.

His body tensed as he covered his mouth from making noise. Jiyong never thought he could be this scared. His lips could not quit quivering and hands trembled. The adrenaline rush through in his body and his heart beats was getting faster that he thought it could blow any minute now. The world was spinning around so he fisted his hair, shaking it to right and left. It’s turning hazy.

In a sudden, Seunghyun reached out and slipped his hand in one of Jiyong’s hand. He firmly gripped it and his skin with thumb affectionately.

“Scared, huh?” he moved closer to Jiyong. Jiyong wanted to yank away his hand but the grip was getting tighter and there was no energy left inside. In the end, he let Seunghyun comfort him. It’s been awhile since he been this close to someone. The warmness stirring something inside his chest.

“I’m not” Jiyong answered nonchalantly.

“Next time, don’t ever do that again. You seriously shouldn’t have been there” Seunghyun said in a low husky voice, gave him a glance and Jiyong gulped down his saliva.

“I know I wasn’t supposed to interrupt you but what you did just crossed the line, Choi” he said, whispering.

He recalled the last scene, the look of Seunghyun tonight was something new to Jiyong. It was far from what he had seen. The murderous aura surrounding Seunghyun left Jiyong shivered afraid. The boy was half-dead, almost lose his hands— Jiyong closed his eyes, throwing out every terrible image that was starting to form in his head. Usually he won’t dare to mind anybody’s business but somehow everything happened was caused by him. Down to the core of his heart, there was a feeling that just won’t go away.

No doubt Jiyong was bothered by his careless action. Jiyong know that he was not supposed to punch Seunghyun that day but he was so overwhelmed by emotions. Enough with the embarrassment he had to go through the night Seunghyun caught him, the video was not making any better for him. It was the day he was so afraid to face with.

The clothes that have been embracing, covering himself from those filthy gazes were torn in pieces cruelly. as if skin beneath those layers of clothes has been exposed. His image is finally tainted black and Kwon Jiyong cannot hide from it anymore.

“I’m sorry that I hit you before but I just lose my mind that time and yeah—You could say that I’m pretty stupid. I don’t know what has gotten into me” Jiyong suppressed his guilt, sighing.

“You don’t have to be sorry because I already forgotten about it” Seunghyun lazily played with his fingers and Jiyong was taken aback. The gesture made him startled and he felt the need to pull away. It was disturbing; he wanted to say it, leaving only lips parted away with silence stretched.

“And you scared the out of me back there, Kwon. I could’ve hit you and you could have gotten hurt back there” Seunghyun explained sincerely. He felt the need to tell the boy but he doesn’t know why. Was he worried? His heart thumped.

Jiyong ignored Seunghyun’s last statement, shrugging it off like he barely interested. All he thinks was why did Seunghyun go through all the trouble? It bothered him very much because if he didn’t, they wouldn’t be hiding right now.

“If you really did forget about it, care to explain why did you hit the boy? He could have died and you would be dragged to jail for committing crime. Aren’t you afraid?”

Seunghyun whipped his head around and watched the flickers in Jiyong’s eyes right after he uttered those words. Those questions somehow made him think. No one had asked these questions to him before, even his friends whom he’s been together for years.

“By the way you’re asking me these questions as if it would have been absurd if I answered I am not afraid”

“So, you’re not?” Jiyong was surprised by the way his lips fell, Seunghyun wondered.

“I’m not sure. Clearly, I’m afraid if I got caught but I’m not sure if I feel guilty for hitting that er because all I feel was relief. He deserved it” Those eyes seemed darker after Seunghyun finish the last sentence.

“Why? He didn’t do anything to you” Jiyong found his answer unsatisfying. Hitting someone because you think they deserve it doesn’t do the justice at all.

“But he was the reason you’re humiliated by the whole school” The deep husky voice ringing in his eardrum sounded nice for the first time. Jiyong suddenly had found it very attractive. Only a soft tone without a hint of aggressive, though maybe the fact was he liked the sound of Choi Seunghyun cares for him.

“Thanks, I suppose…”

Jiyong began and a tongue slipped out his lower lip left Seunghyun unguarded. Jiyong looks definitely delicious at the moment with hair dishevelled, chest heaving up and down. The boy pursing his lips in a thin line, pulling away his hand and clasps his hands altogether. Seunghyun was staring at him directly and it unconsciously made him nervous.

“-but no thanks. It’s okay really. I’m used to get hurt” his laugh was restraint but Jiyong end it with a smile. It was not convincing at all so Seunghyun gave out a loud exhale, looking quite serious.

“I’m not used to it” Seunghyun exclaimed with frustrations. His words made Jiyong scoffed, about to question its meaning.

“I’m not used seeing you hurt and I’m not even planning to get used to it” The guy was looking the other way, nevertheless, those genuine words managed to make colours emerged on his pink cheeks and he thank that it was dark right now. It will be embarrassing for him if Seunghyun see him blushes like this.

“You’re saying weird things, Choi” he said sternly, making sure his definite tone made it clear with Seunghyun that he wasn’t amused. Panic bloomed and started to spread on his chest. Definitely, Jiyong doesn’t like any of his tone.

It’s scary, Jiyong thought to himself.

Choi Seunghyun is scaring Jiyong. He blinked hard.

“Well, ever since I’ve met you. I tend to do weird things I never did before” the guy broke a smile, simply nudging off Jiyong’s words. . There was something familiar every time he meets Seunghyun. Something undeniably Jiyong cannot effort to resist.

“I always wonder why. Can you give me answers, Kwon?”

He could hear flickers of light so he turned and looks at Seunghyun who was busy lighting up his cigarettes. Lights from the street light illuminated his face and Jiyong could see his sharp jawline, the long neck and the murderous gaze. It was similar to someone he used to know. Slowly, he lifts up his index finger and reaches out to Seunghyun’s face. The scent of bitter smokes and cologne made him crave for more; something he couldn’t actually identify of.

“I guess I really like you, huh?” Seunghyun faced him and Jiyong stopped, eyes dilated at his words.

 

“I guess you really like me, right Ji?”

 

“Hyung” Jiyong whispered, half-gasping.

 It’s him. Choi Seunghyun reminds Jiyong of him. As if on cue, Seunghyun stands on his feet, brushing off dirt from his clothes and the boy’s face turned pale. Seunghyun takes last sharp intake of breath before throwing cigarette across the ground and step on it. Jiyong darted his eyes on the cigarette he just stepped on, trouble climbing to his chest.

“The police must have gone by now. I’ll take my leave now” Seunghyun takes a step away, ready to part ways. Jiyong clutched on his chest, feeling his stomach churned at the sight of Seunghyun’s body walking towards the dark.

 

“I’m sorry, Ji. I really am” warmth instantly leaves him there, in the cold.

 

Vague memories played in his mind and Jiyong could feel overwhelming emotions swarmed on his chest.

No. Please, don’t leave.

It’s too heavy and totally uncomfortable. In a swift, Jiyong gathered his strength, he ran with his might and approached Seunghyun by grabbing the hem of his shirt.

“Wait. Please” he clutched tighter. The entire body was pulsing and he finds himself out of his breath. His head was pounding hard and his heart was throbbing against his rib that he found immensely disturbing.

Again, Kwon Jiyong never stops surprising him. Seunghyun was taken aback when his track was pulled on to stop. He wanted to turn around and take a look at the boy but the tug on his shirt was not letting him.

“Kwon, are you okay?”

“Yes”

“Are you sure that you okay?” His eyebrow creased.

“Um..” The lack of response was ticking on Seunghyun’s nerve.

“Answer me then. Tell me that you’re okay” but there was only silence.

“Say it or I’ll leave” He warned.

“I’m” Jiyong paused as he took a deep breath. “Okay” his voice cracked so Seunghyun quickly turned around, decided to stop playing around with whatever the boy had his mind into.

“One moment you tell me to off and the next one, you tell me to stay. Kwon Jiyong, you are truly selfish” Seunghyun said harsh, bending his knees to level with the boy’s eyes, trying to figure him out. Kwon Jiyong looked like a little puppy that got lost in middle of the road with his head hanging down.

“You’re not going to cry, aren’t you?” indeed his face was in deep scarlet but Seunghyun can’t see his eyes because Jiyong was closing his eyes firm. The shorter shook his head vigorously, dismissing Seunghyun’s words.

“What do you need me for then?”

“Don’t go. Just stay for now, please”

“Hold me if you don’t want me to go so bad” And with that a smirk creeps on his lips. It’s a very interesting scene looking at Kwon Jiyong pleading him not to leave. Seunghyun can’t let go of this chance to let the wall built around Jiyong crumbles.

Reluctantly, thin arms carefully slid on Seunghyun’s waist, head leans against his broad chest. Seunghyun was shocked, holding in his breath and remains still until the warmness gathers around him, he quirked a smile. He pats on the boy’s head gently, coaxing.

“You’re this desperate, huh? Fine but you owe me, Kwon” Seunghyun definitely can’t resist smiling when Kwon Jiyong was desperately clutching on him as if his life depended on him. It’s too good to resist. As long the boy could make him feel this happy, he could care less about what made Jiyong weak like this.

“Thank you” Jiyong said.

It really is the same; the scent, the warmth and the flow of electricity between them. It’s like his Dongwook hyung was the one hugging him so Jiyong clutches on Seunghyun’s shirt.

It’s okay—even just for a moment.

 

-

 

Kwon Jiyong was quiet the whole time Seunghyun was walking him home. The painful silence was driving Seunghyun insane but he didn’t dare to speak a word. Maybe the fact is that the situation turned awkward for them. After the shorter let him go, he barely look at Seunghyun neither said anything after that. He just walks forward, leaving Seunghyun to trail behind him like a puppy.

While Seunghyun was thinking about setting up a proper conversation, Jiyong shifted a brief glance on his side. He knocked himself on the head and bit his lips. He can’t believe he let himself get carried away by the guy named Choi Seunghyun. This is seriously embarrassing. He needs to wake up, Seunghyun is not his hyung.

“You don’t need to walk me home, Choi. I’m not a kid so don’t treat me like one. I can take care myself” Jiyong fastened his pace.

“Says the one who tells me to stay a moment ago” Seunghyun narrowed his eyes.

“I’m not thinking clearly before so please give me a break. Turn around and leave” Jiyong threw a glare towards the others guy, feeling disappointed for asking Seunghyun to stay.

“You sure? Don’t piss in your pants if the police made a trip to your house later”

“The police?” Jiyong halted his tracks, minds running wild. This guy is joking right? He narrowed his eyes to look at Seunghyun’s expression and the guy chuckled lightly, simply having fun by himself.

“It’s not funny” Jiyong scowled.

“But it sure does to me” Seunghyun bumped shoulder against Jiyongs and the boy grumbled when he almost lost his balance. Scrunching his nose, he bumped hard against Seunghyun’s shoulder and the brunette hissed.

“That hurts, kid”

“Of course it does. It’s the taste of your own medicine and stop calling me a kid” Jiyong jerked out his tongue at Seunghyun.

“Aww…Sorry then, I didn’t know I hurt your little pride. Maybe if you stop acting like one, I’ll consider on calling you by your name” he pinched Jiyong’s nose but Jiyong slapped it away, rubbing on his nose later.

Seunghyun eventually cracked a smile, watched as Jiyong making a face at him. He doesn’t know why his heart feels content to the core. It’s nice having a childish fight like this with Kwon Jiyong. Before, the boy even tried his best to avoid him and it’s irritating. Come to think what Youngbae said earlier, the boy even stopped coming to school because of him.

“Where were you these days? Youngbae told me that you’ve been absent from classes” he opened his mouth.

“I think it was none of your business, Choi” the shorter said flat. Jiyong was putting up the rude attitude again. The icy gaze of him reached Seunghyun and it amused him how the boy could become so emotionless.

“Yeah. It is none of my business but I just want to remind you that you’re the school’s gem, Kwon. The teachers would be so bitter if you screw up your attendance without a reasonable excuse”

Jiyong mentally cursed himself for forgetting about the importance of attendance. His report card will be spoiled if he doesn’t have full attendance. His dad will hunt his down if he knows that he’s been skipping classes.

“I’ll go back tomorrow if it bothers you so much” he pouted.

“I’m just worried” and that made Jiyong’s heart stopped.

“I’m sorry if I’m the reason you stopped going to school” Seunghyun continued, hugging himself as the wind blows against his skin.

“Are you actually apologizing?” Jiyong shifted his eyes on Seunghyun, the full lips fell and discomfort actually radiates through him. If this was a joke, Jiyong would definitely rolls on the floor laughing but the guy seemed to be sincere with his choice of words, like he had given a deep thought before saying it.

Screw him. He’s just playing.

“Don’t be too full of yourself, Choi. You’re not the reason I’m absent from school. I have to settle some personal issues so quit making that face. It doesn’t suit you” he his lower lips, sliding hands inside pockets.

“Good then. Well, here we are” Seunghyun stopped and Jiyong followed his eyes, looking at a very long stairs, that’ll bring him back to his nest some place he could not get familiar with even after all these years. His empty house that he barely got attached with, but then where else could he run off to?

He got nowhere.

Suddenly, Seunghyun proceed forward; invading some space that nearly made them breathing the same air. Jiyong blinked. He found himself froze, unsettled when he found Seunghyun standing inches away, hovering a feet before him, not to mention with a smirk hanging at the edge of his lips.

“W-what are you doing, Choi?” Crap. Why did he stutter? Jiyong was baffled when Seunghyun keeps walking forward as he walks backward.

“Well, usually when a boyfriend walks his girlfriend to their house, they will get at least a kiss. So shouldn’t I get a kiss at least for today as a reward?” his fair eyebrow jointed up teasingly as Seunghyun folded arm against chest.

“A w-what?” Blood was surely boiling onto Jiyong’s face at the moment.

“A kiss” Seunghyun said as he puckered his lips.

“Where the hell did that came from?” Now he really is afraid of whatever this guy is planning. Where did he get that idea from? This guy is absolutely abnormal from the guys he met in his life.

“It doesn’t matter where it came from. Just give me one anyway. You owed me a lot anyway so this is one of the way how you can repay me. Hurry up, Kwon” It was shown on his face that Seunghyun kind of irritated that Kwon Jiyong doesn’t want to play his game so the guy pulled Jiyong to a stop from moving any further, halting his track.

“But you’re not gay. Are you?”

Jiyong wanted to applause to himself for coming up with such a clever question. This question will definitely stop whatever conversation they’re having. Seunghyun jointed his eyebrow for a moment and Jiyong almost crack a smile. But then, there’s the key word.

Almost.

“Maybe or maybe not. Who the hell cares anyway? It’s not like we haven’t kiss before” Damn it. The brunette just out smart him, Seunghyun smirked in victory.

“I do and stop talking like we both committed in that kiss. You’re the one that slip your tongue in my mouth and let me remind you, I tried to push you”

After those sentence slipped out from his mouth, Jiyong fight really hard not to blush but he figured by the way Seunghyun’s devilish smirk tug on his lips, it is certainly doesn’t go the way he plan.

The scene replayed in his mind causing warmth to surge around him. Jiyong couldn’t forget the whirl of excitement he had when Seunghyun nimbled his lips, slyly slipping in his tongue. And it was hard to breath as the guy came, closing the distance between them,

“But overall, the kiss was pretty good isn’t it? By the way your ear turned red I doubt you hate it.” Jiyong quickly covered his ears only to be stopped by Seunghyun.

“Admit it, I’m a good kisser” Chills ran through Jiyong’s spine. His husky voice was definitely out of purpose to seduce him.

The guy moved closer and closer, and Jiyong just went hostile. He could only stare on those lips while mentally cursing at himself for not doing anything. Until the last centimetre, Jiyong’s instincts kicking in and he managed to clasp his palm on Seunghyun’s mouth. He didn’t even realised he had his eyes closed as he slowly peeks through his eyelids.

“Let go” Seunghyun muttered under his palm, voice muffling.

“No” Jiyong shook his head, clasping even tighter. Although, Seunghyun looks slightly annoyed and a little scary, Jiyong rather not let himself to be taken advantage of.

“Let go or else…”

“Or else what?” The warning somehow alarmed Jiyong, guarded.

Seunghyun holds his wrist still, darting his tongue out and he his palm slow, eyes darted on Jiyong, watches how his face changed drastically. With eyes bulged out of socket, his jaw fell dramatically. That was so uncalled for! Not waiting for a second, he pulled his hands from Seunghyun’s reach.

“Ew! What was that for?” Jiyong frowned, looking at his hand disgustingly while the other guy laughed his butts off.

“I suddenly feeling hungry and your hand look pretty delicious” Seunghyun said in between his chuckle.

“Why don’t you on something else?” Jiyong questioned, wiping his hand against his cloth, looking not willing to dirty his cloth. Seunghyun came forward, taking out a handkerchief from his pocket and he pulled Jiyong’s wrist. He gently wipes every finger clean, feeling guilty; only a bit.

“Then, what do you suggest me to on other than your hand?” Seunghyun notices Jiyong’s finger is thin and quite slender for a boy’s hand. But it’s pretty and he likes it.

“I don’t know. Go buy yourself a lollipop or something” Jiyong pouted.

“Lollipop?” Seunghyun tilted his head, look at Jiyong in the eyes, slowly averting his eyes down—

“GOSH! Not that, you dirty ert. Urgh!” he grumbled, tint of pink colours emerged on his cheeks. He hates how Seunghyun could make him red instantly. If there’s a hole right now, Jiyong would definitely hop in and never to come out again.

Curse you, Choi Seunghyun!

Jiyong just had to pull himself away, simply doesn’t want catch the weird disease from the alien infront of him. Seunghyun, again, squatting down as he laughed heartily. Never had he thought it was this fun to tease Kwon Jiyong. The annoyed face on him simply made him incredibly happy.

“Oh god! You’re so damn funny. I don’t even remember when the last time I’ve been this happy” he wiped his teary eyes and clutched on his stomach.

“Oh well, I better get going. Thanks for the big laugh anyway” Seunghyun clicked his tongue.

The light brush on his arm made Jiyong turned, watched as Seunghyun walked away from him, distant between the growing more apart and he shivered. His eyes widened at sudden thought, Jiyong never told him his address or where he lived—how did he?

“Wait, Choi! How did you know I live here?” he screamed, hoping for Seunghyun to turn around and won’t leave him hanging. The guy did turn around but still keeps on walking so he waited for words to come out.

“I figured some way but take this as an advice” Seunghyun paused. Jiyong didn’t miss his infamous smirk and he knew anything come out is nothing good. Absolutely.

“The next time you open your window, make sure you wear a shirt at least. Although, I can say I did enjoy a free show from you. Somehow, my thoughts about you kind of turned impure. If you know what I mean”

Jiyong gasped right after the last words entered his mind, mouth spread big. With that, Seunghyun winked and turned his heels, waving his hands up in the air.

“See you at school tomorrow, Kwon”

“Did you just stalk me, you bastard?!” Jiyong screamed only to receive a gleeful laughter.

Damn you Choi Seunghyun!

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

A/N : I am so sorry for the very late post. I was really busy with assignments so yeah.. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I do since it's not as dark as other chapter. Thank you very much to those who subscribes this story and to those who commented. Let me tell you I love you very much! I read your comment again and again because it pretty much encourages me to continue. I'm sorry if there's any grammar mistakes. Again, I am so sorry but I'll try to update as soon as possible because of you, readers. Thank you for clicking this story and for commenting on this story. I hope you can help me by commenting on this story so I know where I can fix. Thank you very much and I love you all! :D Oh and BIGBANG are coming back with a single! Hooray! Oh and have you heard Bubble feat. GTOP?? They sound amazing as always though I hope their part should be longer. haha :)