Fifteen

Intricate Masquerade

 

 

WARNING : Slight mature content ahead.

 

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Something has changed.

Turning the tap, he splashed cold water over his face. It managed to woken up his nerves, eyes were wide open as he kept his gaze stared ahead, scanning over his reflection. There were traces of tiredness, weary lines and bags under his brown orbs. His finger traced over a new pimple that just popped up across his forehead. Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows, thinking, that somehow he doesn’t really look better than all these past months.

Despite the tired expression plastered over his face, Jiyong could see his lips tipped upwards, almost reaching his eyes. And it seemed like his shoulders felt lighter than before, the burden that has long occupied on his shoulders seemed to have dissipated into the thin air. And most of all, there was no sigh, no heavy breathing; only a slow flow of exhale and inhale through his nose. Flickering his eyes back to the mirror, he gave a long last look over his himself before washing his face again and exit from the bathroom.

Something must have changed because Jiyong felt different. He can’t figure out what has changed, the difference somehow blurred in in his vision. Something was nagging at the back of his head, it bothered him very much so Jiyong made a mental note to ask Youngbae after this. The friend of his would probably see or notice what has changed.

Despite his eagerness wanting to meet Youngbae earlier, frown was slowly taking his features. Because twenty minutes later, Jiyong found himself staring at the laughing guy, body shaking intensely as his laughs muffled under his palms as if trying to keep in his joy. Clearly, Jiyong was not pleased with Youngbae’s responds since his questions are genuinely real and he’s being serious. And certainly, Jiyong simply does not like the attention he’s been getting from customers in the café, eyes flickering back and forth between him and Youngbae. His friend is being loud, damn it. He smiled apologetically, lowering his head and stretched out his hand for his cup.

“Why are you laughing? It’s not funny” He forced a smile while sending a death glare at his friend. Fingers curled around his cup to avert his attention, trying not to bother curios glance flew around towards their table.

“Sorry. I’m just—it’s hilarious. Not to offend or anything but are you being serious?” Youngbae puts his hands up in defence and laughed cheekily.

“Are you actually being serious?”

“I’m serious” Jiyong says, creasing his eyebrows awkwardly and chewed his lips, trying very hard to put a stern face. Though he could see the smile on Youngabe didn’t falter one bit. Sigh. So he ended up sipping his drink when he realized he can’t get mad at Youngbae for being a jerk. “Look, can you stop laughing and start telling me what’s going on here?” Jiyong says, pushing his bangs from his eyes.

Youngbae opens his mouth and Jiyong breathed in anticipation. However, like in any other cliché used in almost every drama, as Youngbae about to speak, a very familiar figure popped into the picture and Jiyong’s attention instantly followed the guy. Breath caught in his throat. Heart was starting to beat rapidly and his palms began to sweat furiously.

“S-Seunghyun…” Jiyong managed to call out low.

Youngbae’s mouth gape wide at Jiyong’s sudden call and turn around, finding Seunghyun in his black hoodie, a red cap covering almost half of his face, too-bright-pink pants along with his earphones plugged in. Head nodding awkwardly in the air, which probably swaying to the beat he’s been listening. He was looking ahead though and Jiyong felt a tiny disappointment when the guy doesn’t notice his presence. Youngbae looked at him with eyes somewhat calculating before his friend turned around again and shouts.

“Seunghyun!”

The called guy’s ears perked up, head jolted upwards. Jiyong froze. Youngbae raised his hands and Seunghyun waved a hand back, eyes flickered to Youngbae and slowly darted to Jiyong. Seunghyun blinked once and twice until Jiyong cracked small smile, bowing slightly as greeting. For a few minutes, Jiyong can feel his skin flushed under the long stare and he squirmed slightly when he saw Seunghyun was making his way to their table. He tipped his cup to his mouth as Youngbae gets up gave Seunghyun a pat on the shoulder.

“Hey” Seunghyun approached them with a low baritone voice, rasped. Jiyong almost choked on his drink. . He wiped the corner of his mouth and levelled with Seunghyun’s eyes that have been staring at him for a while now.

“Hey” Jiyong gave him a brief glance.

“What are you doing here?” Youngbae asked once he sat back down again, pulling Seunghyun to sit by his side. The other guy complied without complain and plugged off his earphones as well as took off his cap, carding black hairs neatly into its place.

“Uh—coffee. I’m here to get coffee. Like usual” Seunghyun answered and Youngbae saw his eyes discreetly darting back and forth at Jiyong, whom also appeared to be oddly shy with his sheepish smile. Seunghyun bits back a smile, opened his mouth a little but closed it again to clear his throat, loudly.

“You—uh… What about you guys? What are you two doing here?” Seunghyun asked, finally looking at Youngbae. Youngbae didn’t miss the word Seunghyun emphasized, toned out differently. Seunghyun was slightly confused when the other was flashing him a smirk so he looked at Jiyong instead and can’t help but to curve a smile. The boy exchanged a smile too and his heart fluttered happily.

“Actually, we’re on a date” Youngbae says.

What.

Seunghyun’s smile quickly disappeared and Jiyong didn’t fail to choke on his drink. Youngbae felt guilty a bit while Seunghyun looked at the boy in concern, debating whether he should or not to lend the pity boy a hand. And of course, the ever-caring-Youngbae beat him first, as a usual, patting Jiyong’s back before running his palm up and down slowly.

“You’re okay?” Youngbae asked and Jiyong touched his hands, nodding as he coughed a little. Seunghyun’s eyes turned into slits unconsciously, bothered by the intimate gesture.

“I’ll be okay if you stop messing around, Youngbae” Jiyong said, taking the napkin Seunghyun handed to him. Fingers brushing faintly against each other, sending electrifying touches as Jiyong look up, only to find Seunghyun’s eyes.

“Oops, sorry. I’m just joking. Didn’t mean anything though” Youngbae chuckled.

“You surprised me there, you idiot” Seunghyun lightly punched his cousin’s shoulder. The guy laughed, dodging at some punches. Sliding out his phone from pocket, Seunghyun suddenly stood up straight, pushing his chair.

. I have to go” The taller guy said.

 “Is it your dad?” Youngbae asked.

“Uh. Yeah. Kind of” With his fingers tapping against the screen furiously, Seunghyun grabbed all of his things and wears his cap.

“Have a great time without me, but not too fun though” Seunghyun added shortly, glancing at Jiyong.

 “Alright. See you” Youngbae pats Seunghyun shoulder once the guy was already settled on his feet. Jiyong stared blankly at Seunghyun who already turn his back, mumbling something at his hand phone and headed directly to the door without ordering anything. His face fell. They didn’t even say goodbye. What’s so important anyway?

“Jiyong!” Abruptly, Jiyong’s face shoots up and saw Seunghyun waved his hand, stopping in front of the door.

“I’ll meet you later after you finished your date!” The taller guy smirked. He even has the nerve to wink at Jiyong that was already red from embarrassment. He scrunched his nose in annoyance.

“Wait, we’re not really on a date. Seunghyun!” Jiyong tried to explain but Seunghyun already disappeared from his sight.

 “What the hell was that? And please don’t tell me you called him just to declare that we’re on a date in front of Seunghyun” Jiyong huffed tiredly and narrowed his eyes at the snickering Youngbae.

“Chill, Jiyong” Youngbae smiled mischievously, small eyes disappearing.

“Seunghyun always come here in the morning and get himself a cappuccino. So, I figured why not meet here. You’re probably wanted to see him, too. That’s all” Jiyong was puzzled. By the way Youngbae worded out to him sound so simple and full of meaning at the same time. Jiyong look closely at his dark, black coffee, feeling terribly conscious in a sudden under the pair of moon crescents.

“Well, that’s funny. I don’t want to see him” he whirled his cup slowly, puffing his cheeks. Tone flat. Out of emotions. However, from the way Youngbae curled his lips, tugging upwards, almost reaching his ears making Jiyong shudders in thought.

“You sure? Because you’ve been staring at him ever since he stepped in the café” Youngbae gave him a pointed look. Jiyong doesn’t respond.

“You’re just happier, Jiyong”

“Urm, what?” the other boy rounded his eyes. Youngbae shook his head and curled his lips.

“Before I laughed my off, you asked me what changed, right?” Jiyong nodded after a hesitation.

“You’re happier with Seunghyun. I could say that your blooming friendship with Seunghyun brings you happiness after all these past months” Youngbae repeated himself and explained further this time with a warm smile.

Jiyong was not sure whether to scoff or to laugh. He is not looking at Youngbae at the moment, distracting himself. At this point, Jiyong does not really know how to answer the guy at all because he found Youngbae’s answer is too absurd to believe but still sensible if he thought about it logically.

“O…okay” he finally resorted. “That’s reasonable enough” Jiyong pursed his lips, firm.

“Look, Jiyong. I know that you’re still in denial stage but please, take my advice. Forget about Dongwook hyung if you still haven’t”

“What are you saying?”Jiyong tilted his head sideways at the question. Youngbae tried to calm his nerves and paused before continuing after a huff.

“I mean, I know that Dongwook hyung was the one that asked me to take care of you and I did promise him. I had really thought it you know, about these things—and I think of you as a special friend of mine so I thought why not.. Um,that you should…because it’s for your own good since it’s been ages since he’s gone and you’re coming out of your shell now, and Seunghyun is being really kind to you, and I could see that you two hitting off well—like very, very extremely well-”

Youngbae was talking too fast now and it was hard for Jiyong to understand him now. Jiyong can see that the guy is starting to mumble under his breath, something that he couldn’t catch because it was too low even under whispers of customers, clinking noise from cups and clinging bells from the entrance. Youngbae must have been oblivious at his nervousness, chattering under incredible speed that Jiyong had to call out his name. The guy stopped and looked up.

“You’re blabbering, Youngbae” Jiyong said and the guy straightened up his back, seemingly a little embarrassed at his blabbering.

“The point is—let go of your past with Dongwook hyung” Youngbae shoot those words sharply. Jiyong winced in his seat, eyebrows knitted uncomfortably, looking elsewhere except his friend. His mouth twitched, he doesn’t like this topic.

“Youngbae, we’re not going to discuss about my love life” Jiyong voiced out in crisp. It’s smooth and quiet but there’s alarming anger fleeting over his tone. Youngbae ignored it and shook his head.

“Yes, I know. You loved him—love him or whatever but how long are you going to hold on something that’s already faded away?”

Jiyong creased his eyebrows. He can’t believe that the wise friend of his, Dong Youngbae was actually saying something selfish and hurtful at the same time. He felt sick in his stomach. Jiyong clasped his palms altogether and trying very hard to sort out his words carefully, repressing his mixed emotions.

“I’m trying, okay. I did tried and I can’t”

“You’re not trying good enough, Jiyong” Jiyong stared at Youngbae, slightly dismayed. Jiyong felt his heart ache, debating if he should say sorry in advance at Youngbae’s sullen face. Disappointment bloomed through the contours of his face and tugged his lips downward.

“I’m just not ready, Bae” instead, Jiyong retaliated slowly. Youngbae nodded at him, letting Jiyong know that he understands him perfectly.

“Just remember, you can’t hold on to the past because no matter how much you cling to it, it’s gone” Youngbae sipped his coffee one last time.

“Think about it”

And Jiyong does just that, he thinks about it a lot. Jiyong let Youngbae’s words spins around the reel of his mind for some days later because at some point, Jiyong knows no matter how much it hurts, the reality is open like a black hole him in, forcing truth down his throat.

 

-

 

“Seunghyun?”

Hands that has been wiping across the bar stopped momentarily at the sudden approach. Fumbling with the dirty cloth on his hands, Seunghyun settled for another big, broad wipe across the wooden bar before turning his heels. He tucked the cloth inside his pocket on his behind, mouth casting a wide grin across his face, eyes turning into crescents. Seunghyun could already tell the person without looking at it, though he just felt the need to look on the expression of the boy’s face.

Undeniably, it was Jiyong standing awkwardly in the middle of the empty dance floor, limping slowly toward Seunghyun with his wounded leg. Half of his face was covered with his favourite pink scarf, shirt trapped behind a thick sweater. His pale face accompanied with red-coloured cheeks, making him appeared adorable than he usually. Seunghyun wanted to pinch his cheeks so much but he managed to refrain himself, composed into a calm posture as he waited for Jiyong to reach him closer.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong continued, eyes darting up and down, inspecting Seunghyun not so subtly.

There’s still an arm length distance between both of them when Jiyong stopped in front of him, staring eyes-wide looking into Seunghyun’s gaze with his puffed cheeks, habits Seunghyun learned when Jiyong gets annoyed with him. Seunghyun had waited for him to get even closer though because Seunghyun can’t be satisfied with only stare at Jiyong’s face. He needs to feel the boy’s warmth around him, needs to touch him under his skin and smell the sweet scent of Jiyong’s shampoo.

And so, Seunghyun did what he supposed to do without having another second thought. Outstretching his long arms, Seunghyun circled his hand around Jiyong’s wrist and pull him in, taking in his small frame inside his and very carefully, Seunghyun weaved his hands around Jiyong’s waist and let the boy bumped to his chest.

“Seunghyun, what-!”

Jiyong’s eyes were out of socket, looking around then to see if there’s any other presence linger around the club, watching both of them. He sighed out of relief when there’s no one appeared in his sight, hands settled on Seunghyun chest, slightly pushing the guy away as he having a hard time to breath.

The shorter one obviously doesn’t expect this after he stepped into the club. The sudden intimacy initiated by Seunghyun nearly made him lost his balance, blood rushing to his face and Jiyong can’t deny he felt incredibly hot, stuffed under his mountain of clothes he just wrapped himself. He clutched on Seunghyun’s shirt as he furiously struggled to be let go.

“Hello to you too, Jiyong” Seunghyun intentionally dropped his voice an octave lower, whispering near Jiyong’s red ear and let his lips grazed along the earlobe. This sent Jiyong froze, stiff in his spot.

“Don’t worry. There’s no one else here except us” Pulling away, Seunghyun cupped Jiyong’s puzzled face in his hands and chuckled looking at Jiyong’s stunned face.

Thumbs gingerly caressing his jawline and Jiyong felt himself practically meting under Seunghyun’s deep eyes. The twinkle in his eyes made it look clearer, prettier. Or maybe it’s because this is the very first time Jiyong actually take time to look Seunghyun in the eyes. Only a good five seconds it took Jiyong to realize he’s being laughed at as he watched the corner of Seunghyun’s lips tipped far, mouth widely spreads and a row of teeth showed. Rolling his eyes he swatted Seunghyun’s hands away as he put a good distance between them, far enough for him to breath calmly.

“What are you doing here? And what are you wearing?”Jiyong bombarded him with question stuck in his head, head looking away from the guy. Seunghyun laughed at him, louder this time before cheerfully smiled and come, walking closer at him.

Seunghyun, surprisingly, wasn’t in his usual casual outfit, rather clad in a similar waiter outfit Jiyong used to wear while working in the club. Only it was bigger in size but still fit against his body, showing the curve of his muscle making Jiyong watched him in awe, mouth tight in a firm line, holding his jaw up from falling to the floor.

“Can you answer me first? And stop moving, please?” Jiyong mumbled rather low, eyes can’t stop bulging as Seunghyun keep making his way forward. He can barely processed that Seunghyun just hugged him in the club, pressing him against his hard chest out of nowhere when the initial mind set Jiyong had was to work.

He’s not really in the mood to play a game with the taller guy, however, Jiyong found himself getting excited yet anxious upon Seunghyun’s bold approach. He mirrored Seunghyun’s actions, he was walking backwards instead of forward with reluctance in each steps because Seunghyun boring a hole in his face is making him nervous.

“Which question do you want me answer first?” the steps padded against the floor, however, didn’t stop no matter how many times Jiyong put up his hands, motioning for Seunghyun to stop moving.

“Just answer all of it” Jiyong finally hissed in a tense voice, throwing a glare at Seunghyun. Until his back finally met with the hard wall, Jiyong’s confidence dissipated through the air and he felt smaller as soon Seunghyun kept him under his gaze, separated only by inches with arms settled next to boy’s face. Slowly, Seunghyun hovered over the smaller guy and Jiyong found nowhere to run except keeping his gaze locked on the ground.

“I’m here for work as your replacement” Seunghyun started, closing space between their faces. There’s a mint scent spreads in his nostrils, Jiyong figured it must be his toothpaste.

“A-as my replacement? Why would you? I never heard of this” Jiyong stuttered, trying to fix his attention on Seunghyun’s face as well as ignoring the hand slipping carelessly around his waist.

“I just asked a favour to Bom noona about replacing you as a waiter since your leg is still hurting and she approved. She excused you from work today so you can go back home for today.  To have a good rest” A hand climbed up to rest on his hip. Jiyong shivered when Seunghyun traced the line of his hipbones.

“There’s no need for your help, Seunghyun. My ankle is healed already and I can work just fine” his firm tone made Seunghyun’s face fell, gloomily retreating back a couple of feet away as he pulled his hands away and Jiyong can feel a sense of loss.

“You’re still limping with that leg of yours, Jiyong. It will be hard for it to be fully healed if you keep moving without considering the condition of your ankle” Seunghyun had a straight face occupied, arms firmly settled across his chest. Jiyong had a defeated face after he give a thought on Seunghyun’s words so the taller guy moved nearer again, interlacing their hands and tugged gently at Jiyong’s bony fingers.

“Hey, trust me a little. I did this for your own good anyway. Have some faith in me, will you?” the slow circles on his knuckles made Jiyong oddly calm, thinking carefully about Seunghyun’s words, his gorgeous smiles and his affectionate touches.

“I do trust you” Jiyong answered, sighing.

“Wonderful” the guy beamed at him happily, hands still linked with each other.

 

-

 

They promised to walk home together later.

So the shorter guy had told Seunghyun that he will wait for Seunghyun to finish his work. After all, the guy was there to replace him so Jiyong didn’t really mind to kill some time waiting in the club. At first, Seunghyun had pushed Jiyong out of the club and insisted that the boy should just go home and rest. Seunghyun decided to work there just so Jiyong can have his rest, not to waste his time in the club. Despite coming up with all good reasons, Seunghyun was silenced with a tug on his hand and a smiling Jiyong.

“I want to wait for you” was all it took for Seunghyun to shake his head disbelievingly and muttered out “Fine” in exasperation, linking their hands together.

Eventually, Jiyong found himself sitting on the corner of the club alone with water in his hand. The loud bass of beats pounded against the wall, accompanied along with clumsy electronic music could be heard loud and clear from where he’s seating. His head nodding to the beats awkwardly as he watched Seunghyun smoothly winked at the girls seated at the corner of the table after he placed their drinks. His mouth jutted out unconsciously.

Glancing at his watch for the hundredth time that night, Jiyong tapped his feet against the floor impatiently. His eyes flicked back just in time he saw one of the girls slipped her hands around Seunghyun and pulled him to have a seat with them. Seunghyun didn’t push her away made him shifted in his seat uncomfortably. Instead, the said guy grinned wider and talk some more. Jiyong felt his throat dry. Reaching out for his glass of water, Jiyong dunked it down in one go.

Something was burning in his chest. He can’t figure what.

Jiyong saw Seunghyun finally making his move and turned away. A relief washed over him as Jiyong puts down his glass on the table. But then his heart stopped momentarily as he watched a girl jotted down something on a tissue and slipped it under Seunghyun’s hand. Seunghyun was stunned for a while and Jiyong had wished the guy to give the tissue back which probably containing numbers or address. Yet, only a wide smile served for the girls and Jiyong slumped down in his seats, feeling defeated upon Seunghyun’s actions.

Seunghyun is friendly, he realized.

Honestly, Jiyong thought Seunghyun would be a good waiter and he looked handsome in his outfit, better than Jiyong no doubt. Just by walking across the floor with a tray full of drinks in his hands, Seunghyun managed to win almost everyone, guys and girls, left and right, flaunting his practiced smile. His sweet charms when talking with people probably what made girls fawning over him, flirting not so subtly as the taller guy present his cute dimples. He can see it based from the way Seunghyun let girls take pictures with him with arms locked intimately, shutters snapping pictures after pictures.

Jiyong scowled as he reaches for his glass again, only to roll his eyes and put down the already empty glass. He curled his fingers around the cup tightly when Park Bom appeared in his vision, walking in her high heels. Seunghyun faced her in a swift as if he could tell her presence. His smile grew and Jiyong felt his stomach flips, clenching and unclenching.

Perhaps, Seunghyun is too friendly, and it’s a big problem because Jiyong finally realized the hot raging on his chest is jealousy. It was burning as he stared on Seunghyun, whom comfortably slinging his arms around Bom, hugging her close. He didn’t miss the way Seunghyun hands slipped behind at the small part of her back, gingerly touching her close. Jiyong snapped his eyes shut and knocked the glass on the table.

“I should leave” Jiyong mumbled blankly before pushing himself up. With a heavy heart, he quietly retreating back, not before glanced briefly at the guy again, who’s seemed to be laughing with Bom, arm wrapped around her shoulder blade.

 

-

 

Jiyong had set himself exit from the club, looking left and right as he puffed his cheeks. He stared at the signboard, The Mist, blinking in bright neon light, almost blinding his eyes. He staggered a little when he put weight on his ankle. Wincing a little, Jiyong steadied himself next to the wall and leaned against it. There are people come in with a whole flashy outfit that’s clearly dress-to-impress and some of them come out of the club with a blank mind, sluggish words and staggering walks. A tap on his shoulders made Jiyong turned around and made an eye contact with none other than Seungri. The boy pulled a wide smile.

“Heard from manager that you’re on leave today” Seungri brings out a bottle of water and hands it out to Jiyong. Jiyong hums in reply and takes the bottle.

“I was also surprised to see that Seunghyun hyung working in the club today” Seungri squatted down and nears Jiyong. Turning the cap open, Seungri chugged water down his dry throat and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

“It’s his idea” Jiyong retaliated shortly. He squats down then, butts slowly settled on the pavement, finally giving up upon feeling pain stings in his ankle as he cannot hold on any longer. His wince made Seungri to trail his eyes down at the wounded leg.

“What happened to your ankle?” Seungri nudged at his leg.

“Long story” Jiyong just replied sheepishly. Seungri hums and made a noise behind his throat.

“Which possibly includes Seunghyun hyung, does it?” the question made Jiyong stared at his bottle dumbly. Seungri could tell Jiyong wasn’t going to open his mouth, by the way his lips settled in a firm thin line as his cheeks flared in red dusts unfolded secrets that Seungri could already tell. Clearing his throat loudly, Seungri accidentally knocked their shoulders together.

“I saw you…and Seunghyun hyung this evening” the reluctance in his voice made Jiyong snapped his eyes back to look Seungri square in the face. Something smells fishy from the way Seungri trailed his voice. The wince in his voice was subtle but Jiyong didn’t miss it.

“Oh yeah?” Jiyong tried to sound like he didn’t care, opening the bottle cap. Eyes narrowed at Seungri for a second before tipping the bottle back and drinks water from it. His brain tried to trigger what possibly Seungri saw that made the boy uncomfortable like this. Jiyong bits his lips as he remembered Seunghyun pulled him into a hug that evening. It’s not possible, Jiyong thought silently. There’s no one in the evening—well, at least he was sure he didn’t see anyone.

“You’re both—um” Seungri gulped down, pausing to take a breath, face bright red as if suffocated and Jiyong was about to ask if he’s sick until he realized where the conversation is going.

“Are you two—”

“We’re not together if that’s what you want to ask” Jiyong quickly interrupted in a low voice. Seungri was giving him a weird look, eyebrows shooting up and his lips curled in retaliation before he finally decides to speak again.

“I saw you’re both hugging” Seungri said, firm. Jiyong shrugged.

“Hyung, you do realize hugging between boys does not consider normal right?” the boy asked again and Jiyong pushed the bottle and dunk another shot of water.

“It’s just a brotherly hug” Jiyong rolled his eyes and Seungri sneered at this.

Yes, the club was quite dim that evening. Indeed, it was quite hard to see under the dim glow of lights but Seungri didn’t fail to see the way Seunghyun pulled Jiyong in a hug.  He saw those hands trailed down to trace Jiyong’s waist in tender touches. Seunghyun’s eyes were twinkling and Jiyong’s cheeks flushed in bright red as their fingers tangled with each other.

“Are you sure it’s just that?”Seungri thumbed the bottle cap as he waited for an answer. It was shocking to know that Jiyong still refuse to admit he has a thing for Seunghyun because Seungri had seen almost everything; the unspoken feelings, the open secrets.

Maybe, Seungri doesn’t know a lot of things, doesn’t even have any idea about how and what, and, possibly, his character particularly doesn’t even exist in Choi Seunghyun’s and Kwon Jiyong’s story but he’s sure has a lot of experiences in reading people. Seungri doubts he’s strayed away from his path because along down the road, he can see Jiyong tripping over big stones and Seunghyun catching him from behind. And they were smiling, together.

“Yes—I mean—I’d like to think so” Jiyong paused a bit, blinking, shifting uncomfortably until he continues with low rumble of “Seunghyun probably does.”

Jiyong words were tumbling against each other. He doesn’t understand this. It doesn’t make any sense. He felt like he’s not making any sense because the confused look on Seungri’s face says a lot and convinced was not one of them.

“You don’t look entirely sure” Seungri snorted at him, rudely if Jiyong may add. Rolling his eyes again, Jiyong faced Seungri and opens his arms widely as possible.

“Look, I can hug you too if it would convince you” Jiyong tugged Seungri’s shirt and embraced him in his arms tightly. The boy pulled away a distant enough for him to look at Jiyong’s face and threw an eyebrow.

“It’s the same, isn’t it?” Jiyong said again, pulling his body closer than the first time. Hands patting on Seungri’s head gently. Although, something nags in his eardrum, a voice sounds similar, yelling it’s not the same in a disgruntled voice, Jiyong attempted to not bother and squished Seungri closer to his chest, hands pressing firmly against the younger back.

“Jiyong hyung” Seungri calls. Jiyong looks down.

“We both know it’s not true” the smile gracing Seungri’s lips tells Jiyong a lot but his brain has long stopped processing. He can hardly figure anything besides eyeing the boy in front of him, lips tucked under his pearl white teeth. With a click of tongue and a flash of mischievous in his eyes, Seungri tugged the hem of his shirt.

“You like Seunghyun hyung. You like him, a lot” Seungri mused in wide smile before pushing the hand on his head and kept it firmly between them. He titled up his chin and saw Jiyong watched him with a gaping mouth, face frowning. His eyebrows knotted, deep, curled in the most impossible way ever.

Jiyong opened his mouth once, only to close back again in confusion. The sudden clarification made Jiyong silent in his seat. Does he? Heart thumping a bit too quickly and his face turned into shades of red. He could have dismissed Seungri’s words with a joke or a loud smack on the back of his head. Jiyong could have said anything, whatever that could outsmart the boy in front of him but the more he thinks, the closer he stood next to the truth.

It could be true, Jiyong chewed his lips. There are so many sign of Jiyong fond of Seunghyun’s presence, of Jiyong loving Seunghyun’s laughter in his ears and most of all, signs of Jiyong falling for the guy on his knees, hands stretching out, reaching out for Seunghyun.

“Hey, have you seen Ji—”

The loud voice faltered. Jiyong and Seungri who’s been staring in each other’s arms a minute ago turned around, eyes darted to the door, only to found a surprised Seunghyun looking at them. The said man had a grin on his face but soon fades when his eyes trailed along Jiyong’s arms that had been wrapped Seungri’s body. It’s in this compromising position that Seunghyun finds them.

Hastily, Jiyong quickly retreated back and swats Seungri away so there would be an appropriate distance between them. When Jiyong turned to face Seunghyun again, those eyes turned into tiny slits, darken more than usual. Lips twitching to the side, Seunghyun narrowed his eyes. Soon, those lips settled into a grim line. Jiyong close and open his eyes again, this time with expectation, a keen one, for the guy to say something.

Between the rumble of electronic music and loud bass pounding inside, the quiet whipped of wind against his cheeks felt incredibly cold tonight.

“No wonder I didn’t see you inside. You’re busy with Seungri” it sounds bitter. Too bitter, Jiyong tried to hide his frown as he hangs his head down. Like a cup of plain, black coffee without sugar; dark and deep as Seunghyun’s gaze.

“I was going to tell you that you can go home first because I still have some work to do” his husky voice came out monotone. Jiyong felt off and Seungri said nothing. Seunghyun fidgeted in his awkward posture, hands sliding down into his pockets.

“Go home” his voice fall flat at the end.

Seunghyun says nothing after that because his feet already retreated back and as soon Jiyong realized, Seunghyun is no longer in his view, no eyes boring holes into his face and restless clenching his nerves made him feel awful for letting Seunghyun slipped away. He felt remorse, terrible definitely. Jiyong really doesn’t like to show his weakness so he breathed in and swipes a palm over his face, attempted to avoid from his feelings showed across his face. Clearing and blank his minds out from ridiculous thoughts such as standing up to run and catch after—

“You’re going after Seunghyun hyung” Seungri breaks the ice and Jiyong snapped from his reel.

Seungri’s grin bothered Jiyong and his sentence doesn’t come out right. He held back series questions consists of what?, huh? And what are you talking about? at the tips of his tongue for a second thought.

After a moment of silence, Jiyong realized it’s neither an order nor a command from Seungri but a voice of his thought and Seungri is speaking loudly, reading Jiyong’s mind in his high-pitched voice. Jiyong flinched, unsure. Maybe, it shows. His feelings shows across his face or maybe, Jiyong is starting to lose his touch at pretending, seeing how Seungri keep shooting bulls-eye without mistakes, reading his mind without a blink of eye despite Jiyong tried his best appeared to be expressionless.

“How can you tell?” was what slipped past his tongue. Jiyong thinks again, hard before noticing his question doesn’t sound complete. Seungri, however, didn’t waver in his gaze and answered Jiyong confidently, knowing exactly what the older was asking about.

“I’m a psychic” Jiyong hits him on the arm, Seungri squeaked at the sudden violence.

“I’m just joking. Sheesh…” the younger hold up a finger.

“I can see you care for him, hyung” Jiyong lets his hands dangle on his sides.

“So that explains why, now, you should go run back inside, find Seunghyun hyung, explain to him that it was all a misunderstanding, that you and I are just friends, that we’re just re-enacting a hug, and then, maybe you should hug him in the middle of the club because I can assure you, he deserves that. At least”

 

-

 

Things are getting better between him and Jiyong after they reconciled. They walked to the school together with Seunghyun draping his arms around Jiyong, talking about his activities during weekend and the small boy would retort with snarky remarks sometimes or just nodded quietly by his side. Jiyong’s companion is wonderful if he could be truthful with himself.

Jiyong likes Seunghyun, yes, Seunghyun definitely had acknowledged that before.

The boy even told him with his own mouth. But Seunghyun was itching, uncomfortable because he still wasn’t sure and confused to what extent Jiyong likes him. He really didn’t mind playing games of push and pull or hide and seek with the other boy but Seunghyun is tired with him being the only one seeking for affectionate touches, purposely slipping his arms along the tiny waist.

They had gone from strangers to acquaintances, then to friends and to someone that Seunghyun occasionally shares affectionate little touches and hesitant small hugs with Jiyong. Maybe, it was him most of the time attempting the skinship but Seunghyun could tell the boy love these moments too. Jiyong is just too shy to admit it and Seunghyun understands. He would always try to understand Jiyong.

Nevertheless, seeing Jiyong hugging Seungri in front of the club just made him lose it. Enraged, he sped through the club and makes his way to the kitchen, shutting the door with a loud bang. Some of the waiters inside the kitchen squeaked, startled upon the sudden intrusion and gave him cautious look.

Reading the dangerous aura seeping out from Seunghyun, they quickly slipped out and left him alone seething with rage. Seunghyun pulled away his apron and threw it across the ground, kicking it. He leaned himself against the cold wall and breathed hard. His heart felt like being poured a hot water and tossed around like a trash, seeing how intimate Jiyong wrapped his arms around the other boy. He hates how easy for Jiyong to attempt such skinship with Seungri while it cost Seunghyun sweat and blood just to hold the boy’s hand.

“Why is it so hard to love you, Kwon Jiyong?” Seunghyun covered his face with his palms.

 

-

 

Jiyong had managed to find Seunghyun in the back at the kitchen, boiling something inside a large pot. He closed the door behind him and waited for Seunghyun to look at him until he realized he’s not going to get any so he coughed lightly. Jiyong tugged his sweater around him and neared the stove, bumping shoulders against Seunghyun’s.

“Need any help?” Jiyong said with a smile. Seunghyun stilled from stirring for a few seconds before he continued with much faster pace, knocking the pot loudly, making some water spilled out of the pot. The air was silent for a while and Jiyong felt chills down his spine when Seunghyun turned to face him, quietly watching him with same empty eyes.

“I told you to go back home, didn’t I?” a rumble of grunt escaped. The guy back to stir the pot, Jiyong saw Seunghyun knuckles turned white, grasping around the ladle a little bit too tight. He eased himself and croaked his throat.

“I’ll wait for you” Jiyong cracked a smile, his palms rubbing against each other for warmth. “We have agreed to walk home together anyway”

“You don’t have to. We can go home together any other days; tomorrow, or maybe the next day or the day after that” Seunghyun rolled his eyes.

He then stopped stirring and switched off the stove. The taller guy gave Jiyong a brief glance before moving out from the kitchen, taking a wide stride with his long feet and moved to the store and took out a box of wine from the cupboard and held it close to his chest. Jiyong appeared later with heavy puffs at the door, hands clutching at his knees. Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows, hoping that the boy doesn’t pressure his ankle too much. He looked away when Jiyong found him staring.

“It’s not the same, Seunghyun” Jiyong tried to block him from getting out of the store but Seunghyun narrowed his eyes, snorting.

“It’s similar. Now, move” Seunghyun spats, pushing Jiyong away with his body as he held the box in his arms. The guy managed to slip away between the slit of the door and Jiyong, ignoring the boy behind him that has been trailing him like a dog.

“But you’ll be alone” Jiyong said. Seunghyun scoffed at this.

“I won’t—there’s Bom noona. I can go home with her and you—can go home with Seungri” Seunghyun ended, sharply. Jiyong frowned at his tone, feeling hurt with Seunghyun keeps on pushing him away. It sounds like Jiyong is replaceable with anyone and it stings, his heart ache so much. The guy stopped right infront of the kitchen and turned around.

“Just go home” Seunghyun said weakly. Jiyong doesn’t like the way Seunghyun avoids his eyes so right before Seunghyun can walk into the kitchen again, Jiyong had tugged the hem of Seunghyun’s shirt roughly.

“You can’t order me” Jiyong retaliated.

“Stop being so difficult, Jiyong” Seunghyun tried to pry off the small hands on his shirt.

“Well, I didn’t agreed to this, Seunghyun”

“It’s better this way” Seunghyun mutters.

After he succeeds pulling away from Jiyong, Seunghyun strides in and puts down the box on top of the wooden table in the corner. The door of the kitchen swings shut and Seunghyun found Jiyong standing not too far away from him. He sighed into his hands after pushing his hair to the back. They were back from the start with the childish bickering and foolish arguments, why is he not surprised? Seunghyun puffed his cheeks and snapped open a couple of buttons, feeling the need to breath.

“Seunghyun” Jiyong called his name. When he received no answer, Jiyong’s anger flared through his nostrils.

“Can’t you stop being irrational for once? Your jealousy is unbelievable”

“I will if you’re actually stop hugging people whenever and whoever you want” Seunghyun argued, seething between his teeth. He fisted his palm and turned to look at the boiling pot on the stove, the steam was whirling around in the air.

“Seungri is just a friend, you know that. You’re smiling and flirting with all the girls in the club doesn’t make you any better. I didn’t even say anything about you hugging Bom noona” Jiyong neared him, pulling Seunghyun so the guy would look at him.

“Taecyeon is my friend too. Have you ever seen me hugging him like you did with Seungri at the back there? No. Plus, I’m just doing my job as a waiter and you do know that Bom noona is like my family. I treat her like a sister. There’s a difference, Kwon Jiyong” his tone was harsh, pushing away Jiyong’s hands on his arms altogether as he created a distant between them.

“You don’t understand—” Jiyong rasped.

Yes, I can’t understand you and that infuriate me even more” The taller guy grits out, jaws clenching. Seunghyun took hold on the pot and hauled it up with iron grip, spinning around. Eyes locked with the boy on the other side.

“I hate for not being an understanding friend like Youngbae, or Seungri, or even Dongwook hyung. I tried so hard. No matter how difficult you are, I will always try to be someone you could rely on, someone that could give you assurance and someone that could understand you perfectly but you—you’re just too complicated for me to read. You’re just so damn difficult—f.ck

Seunghyun hissed loudly and quickly dropping the pot on the floor, gripping on his left thigh as he felt the burn seeping through the pants. He had been careless, letting his anger taken himself and doesn’t realize that he had narrowed the pot, making the water slipped out. The hot water was accidentally poured down his pants, burning his skin. A puddle of water now pooled around the kitchen and Seunghyun felt like his skin is going peel off from the burn. This feels like sh.t.

“Quick, take off your pants” In a sudden flash, Jiyong was by his side, looking absolutely concerned with a towel and a bucket of water by his side.

“W-what?” Seunghyun rounded his eyes, looking at Jiyong incredulously as if the boy grew three heads. Did he hear Jiyong wrong? From nowhere, Jiyong hands were already reaching out towards his belts, unbuckling it and Seunghyun backed away, looking at him, completely scandalized.

“Stop—”

Jiyong shoved Seunghyun back onto a chair settled next to them, cutting Seunghyun’s words with a glare on his face. Seunghyun doesn’t know how the boy does it but within a swift, his pant was already tugged off, pooling down to his ankle. Seunghyun felt his cheeks flushed in shame and tried to sit up and say something but he was shoved back again, harsh.

Shut up. Just shut up. You’ve done enough damage so you better shut your mouth before I split you tongue in half” his cold tone spats. There was literally flame in Jiyong’s eyes that Seunghyun has to gulp his saliva down, nodding obediently in silence.

 

-

 

“I can’t believe we’re arguing over something childish” Seunghyun muttered.

“Blame on your jealousy” Jiyong said.

“We’re just playing around anyway. It doesn’t mean anything. Seungri is just like a little brother to me. I’m sorry if me hugging him made you mad. I’m sorry, okay. So please stop sulking over something ridiculous. I really don’t want to pick a fight with you” Seunghun grunted in response.

With his legs bared except for his boxer covering his last bit of dignity, Seunghyun remained silent with Jiyong attending the burn on his leg. Seunghyun bits his lips, feeling ashamed as he being stripped off, left vulnerable under Jiyong’s mercy. His cheeks flushing red with embarrassment as he felt pads of fingers slides over his skin. Seunghyun covered his face with his palms and sighed, he has never felt so powerless in front of someone.

He peeked through his fingers and saw Jiyong lapped the burn with towel gracefully, letting cool water seeped down the insides of Seunghyun’s thigh. He was lucky that the burn was nothing serious and thanks to Jiyong’s fast reflex, the boy managed to save him from worst damage across his skin. His stomach warmed at the sight Jiyong examined his wound intently, touching his skin with his gentle hands. Sparks lit in himself and Seunghyun felt himself getting hotter each time pass by. He groaned in his palms. This is so not happening.

“You should go home” the words were choking out his strangled throat. Wet towel that was caressing along his wound stopped.

“I told you I’m going home with you, Seunghyun” Jiyong simply replied, focused on treating Seunghyun.

Seunghyun was baffled at how composed Jiyong being at the moment, looking pretty indifferent at exposure of pale skin of his thigh. His breath hitched at the slow slide of towel along the back of his knees up the insides of his thigh. Seunghyun bites his tongue from making any sound. He hides his expression behind his palms and squeaked when the cool towel were placed on his thigh, dangerously high and close to his bulge. He squirmed, nervously looking down to see Jiyong’s face which was unaffected, oblivious to what’s happening. Those small hands of his ran smoothly over Seunghyun’s thigh, inspecting the wound carefully with his comforting touches.

“Uh, you should go. I can take it from here” He rasped quietly, closing his legs and covered his face, hoping silently that Jiyong doesn’t notice the growing bulge in his boxer.

His body grew hot, blood rushing to south as something familiar starting to pool downwards and Seunghyun shuts his eyes in despair as the reality dawned upon him. Sh.t. He really shouldn’t feel this, it’s wrong timing to feel this things but the soft glide of Jiyong’s skin against his thigh felt nice and Seunghyun is just another healthy boy with raging hormones. He can’t help but to feel turn on with Jiyong’s breath ghosting just centimetres apart from his legs.

 “Why are you so keen on sending me away? Do you really hate me that much?” Jiyong mused feebly, his tone is sad and Seunghyun felt guilt kicking him in the stomach.

“It’s not”

“Then, what? And can you please look at me when I’m talking to you?” there are no more lingering touches across his leg. Seunghyun stilled until a hand began pulling his palm away from his face. Seunghyun shook his head and tried to shrug off Jiyong from him.

“No, don’t”

“Seunghyun, just look at me” Jiyong managed to grasp on Seunghyun’s big hands, the softness in Jiyong touches made Seunghyun weak, knees buckling. Seunghyun groaned when he starts to feel tightening against his boxer. Jiyong will probably think him as a ert. Great. Good job, Choi Seunghyun.

“You’ll hate me after this” he mumbled under his breath. Jiyong just had to smile at Seunghyun’s depressing tone. Silly.

“What nonsense are you talking about—” Jiyong shook his head and slowly pulled away the palms that have been covering the handsome face.

Seunghyun looked different, oddly weird. He never saw this side of Seunghyun before. His eyes were glazed, black pupils wavering and his cheeks were bright red. A serious look fixated across his face. No trace of playfulness found in the contour of his face made Jiyong think twice if he had made the guy angry, if he had said something wrong or if he had did anything at all making Seunghyun hurt. Jiyong shook off his thoughts; that probably wasn’t it. Seunghyun looked more like he’s sick.

“Are you sick?” Jiyong spilled his question, face looking concern as he moved closer to Seunghyun. His hand naturally reached for the guy’s hand and grasped on it gingerly. This action made a smile broke, grazing Seunghyun’s lips sweetly. Seunghyun squeezed back his hand in a comforting manner, shaking his head

“Then, what’s with the serious face?” Jiyong played with Seunghyun’s long fingers, grazing his thumb over the knuckles.

“I was thinking”

“Hm? About what?” Jiyong asked absent minded. He can’t stop looking at Seunghyun’s hands. They’re so manly and pretty at the same time. Seunghyun’s fingers are long and soft under Jiyong’s skin, fingernails cleanly cut unlike Jiyong’s crooked ones.

Suddenly, Seunghyun grabbed both of his hands, making Jiyong startled. The action also managed to steal his attention from Seunghyun’s fingers to look at Seunghyun square in the face. Jiyong continue to stare as he waited because Seunghyun was giving him the look. The look when he has something to say. It seemed important by the way Seunghyun’s face tensed. The guy leaned forward, invading his space until they were practically breathing the same air.

Jiyong watched as Seunghyun’s eyes travelled from his eyes, down to trail at his lips, intently scanning each angle of his face. A hand gently sweeping over Jiyong’s bangs aside. A thumb swiped over his bottom lips softly and right there Jiyong finally catches on. It hit him like a bullet train. Jiyong froze, palms turned into a fist as he tried very hard not to succumb into Seunghyun’s warmth. Seunghyun gaze didn’t waver and Jiyong can feel hands glide over his arms up to his shoulders, ran to slide through his soft hairs. He shivered unconsciously, gasping when a hand sneaked under his shirt only to run over his spine.

“I was thinking about—” Seunghyun’s voice was husky and shaky, dropping low than usual and Jiyong felt butterflies in his stomach, tints of red colouring tips of his ears. Jiyong can’t stop staring at Seunghyun’s red lips, resisting the urge to touch it.

“Seunghyun hyung- Oh! Oops!” Seungri’s loud voice echoed inside, clouding over Seunghyun’s word he just said from a moment ago. Both of them froze before Jiyong pushed Seunghyun off him.

“It’s fine. Come in” Jiyong assured.

There was a loud sigh from the corner but Jiyong ignored it and put on a smile. His face is red and Jiyong felt even hotter as he could practically Seunghyun’s eyes digging into his back. Seungri moved to Seunghyun and told him that he can go home already. Seunghyun just nod his head exasperatedly, ignoring Seungri’s weird look at him.

“Urm… did something happened here?” The boy was scrutinizing at his up and down, wondering why Seunghyun was just in his boxer and there’s water pooled on the side with pot on the ground.

“Nothing happened. Just—an accident” Seunghyun had the decency to blush at the boy’s lingering looks though he quickly stood up and reached for his pants. Turning around, Jiyong found himself getting stared none other by Seunghyun. The guy was looking at him with serious face.

“Okay then” Seungri paused, walking back to the door but stopped then, looking down at Seunghyun, his crotch precisely.

“Are you having a hard-on, Seunghyun hyung?”

 

-

 

That last bomb dropped unexpectedly, making Seunghyun shocked and quickly ran towards the one of the stall, sobbing quietly under his palms (Seunghyun’s opinion)/wailing (Jiyong’s opinion). Jiyong had knock on the door and assured him that it’s fine, it’s nothing big and I’ll buy an ice cream after this if it’ll make you feel better. Seunghyun agreed after he thought of the ice cream.

Once Seunghyun finished changing his clothes, he checked himself in the mirror again before gets out to meet Jiyong. However, Jiyong still can’t stop laughing even after they both exit the club. Seunghyun creased his eyebrows at the boy, the back of his palms barely covering his open mouth. Although, he felt a bit thankful that Jiyong never asked him what made him turn on. He huffed tiredly and frowned. That’s it, Seunghyun is going to kill that Seungri kid one day. Wait for it.

“Stop laughing, it’s not funny” Seunghyun sulked.

“Sorry—I’m just hahahaha. It’s too funny” The boy laughed even louder.

“God, just stop, Jiyong. It’s embarrassing enough for me and now let’s moves on or something. I felt like my head is about to explode” his pace grew faster, leaving the shorter boy behind him. He felt his face red, burning from shame.

“Alright. Alright. I’m sorry” Jiyong caught to his pace and held his arm, still smiling.

“I swear I’ll kill that kid one day. He’s a trouble” Seunghyun clenched his jaw tightly.

“Hey, it’s not his fault that you’re—having a situation back there” Jiyong said shyly, looking sideways. Seunghyun reached for Jiyong’s hands and laced their fingers so the boy would look at him.

“It’s not my fault too” Seunghyun pouts at Jiyong but the boy just brushed him off.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Seunghyun” Jiyong poked his cheeks, grinning from ear to ear, leaving Seunghyun to groan at this.

They brought ice-cream at the 24 hours shop and proceed to walk to the park. The night was dark and cold but somehow the atmosphere around was familiar, comfortable even. With Seunghyun on the lead, he grabbed Jiyong hands and dragged the boy gently to the swings. Seunghyun pushed him to sit on one of the swings while the guy settled next to him. Jiyong feels himself smiling in content as he watched the other guy swing himself back and forth as he his ice-cream.

“You remind me of a five years old kid” Jiyong said, chuckling. He opened the wrapping of his ice cream and bites on it, cringed at the coldness.

“I’ll take that as a compliment, thank you” Seunghyun beamed brightly. There’s a feeling expanding through his chest and Jiyong felt his heartbeat increasing per second.

They talk about nothing then, witty comments threw back and forth along with jokes and random stories. Warmth enveloped both of them as they exchanging glances. Swinging back and forth, Seunghyun and Jiyong let themselves settled in a silence for a moment, finishing their ice-cream.

“We should go home. It’s late already” Jiyong said, finishing the last bit of his ice-cream.

Seunghyun glanced at his watch and made a face. It’s too late actually to be roaming around here but Seunghyun doesn’t want to go back home. He likes being here with Jiyong, even in silence. There’s something close to comfort when he’s next to the other boy. He doesn’t need words or actions. Just the presence itself brings calmness pooled in his chest.

However, Seunghyun just nodded his head and hummed in understanding. He got up from the swing and walked to Jiyong, holding out his hand. Jiyong was startled for moment, eyes looking curiously at Seunghyun then back at his hands before smiling genuinely and placed his hand on top of Seunghyun’s. It made his heart leapt up furiously. The small hand against him made his stomach flipping so he wrapped his long fingers firmly and secure it by his side. Seunghyun doesn’t want to let go of this hand ever.

The walk was awkward as they both said nothing to each other. Just let the sounds of feet padding against the ground accompanied them. Seunghyun is glad that Jiyong’s ankle still hasn’t fully healed, turning their walk into a slow stride along the neighbourhood. Sometimes Seunghyun would steal a glance at Jiyong and wrapped the scarf tighter around the boy so he won’t feel cold and Jiyong would just squeeze at his hand.

“We’re here” Jiyong announced.

Dazedly, Seunghyun looked up from his feet and realized that he’s mind has been wandering around for a while. They have arrived infront of Jiyong’s home, he noticed. Seunghyun felt his chest constricting in pain. The hand in his hold was already pulling away but Seunghyun gripped it tighter, not letting go. Jiyong looked at him. Seunghyun wanted to say please don’t go, don’t leave me, not yet but his throat was stuck. Instead, he moves forward and fixed Jiyong’s sweater and pulled the scarf around the boy tighter again, ruffling his hair afterwards.

“Take care” Seunghyun rasped. Jiyong pulled away the hand on his head and held it, squeezing it tenderly.

“You too” The boy beamed brightly and nodded.

His breath caught in his throat, eyes can’t stop from staring Jiyong. Something about the dim light illuminating the curve of Jiyong’s face made him breathless. He watched the light played in those brown orbs, making him seemed livelier, brighter. Mixed emotions bubbling inside Seunghyun and he felt like it was pouring out. As if like those feelings cannot be contained any longer. Jiyong slipped away his hand, turning his back against Seunghyun and he felt a sense of loss hovering over him so he called out.

“Jiyong”

“Hm?” the boy stopped his tracks and looked at him, facing him fully.

“Do you know the reason I’m having a hard-on back in the club?” Seunghyun asked a little bit too loudly. There’s red painted over the boy’s cheeks, surprised at the sudden question. The question is far from romantic but f.ck it. Seunghyun doesn’t care. This is his chance. It’s now or never.

“No?” Jiyong answered, a little hesitant.

“It’s you”

And before Seunghyun can stop himself, his body was already moving fast, pulling Jiyong forward by the back of his neck. His other hand gently cupped Jiyong’s jaw and let their lips meet after a long time. His eyes closed and sighed contently as their lips pressed against each other, deeper. Jiyong went stiff at first but then went lax when Seunghyun let his hand slides down his spine, creating slow circles on his back, assuring the boy.  Fireworks lit up in the core of chest and Seunghyun can’t help but to feel giddy, wrapping his arms around Jiyong, pulling him even closer, chest to chest.

When Jiyong responded to his kiss, his stomach lurched. He thumbed the curve of Jiyong’s jaw and tilted their head so he can get to a better angle. Opening his mouth slightly, Seunghyun lapped Jiyong’s bottom lips with his tongue before enter to taste the inside of his mouth, tongue marking every corner slowly. Somewhere inside him was exploding, like a chemical reaction, he felt lightheaded yet his mouth still doesn’t stop nibbling and kissing. Jiyong’s mouth was hot against his and it felt so heavenly against his, Seunghyun can’t get over the taste.

Kwon Jiyong is hard to read, too difficult for Seunghyun to understand and he’s too stubborn for his own good. In fact, Jiyong is a lot of things Seunghyun’s not. But Seunghyun doesn’t mind all of that. Seunghyun doesn’t mind to be the only one who’s reaching for affectionate touches, he doesn’t mind in trying to understand Jiyong better and he definitely doesn’t mind having a hard-on infront of Jiyong because being with Kwon Jiyong makes everything alright. The boy makes a lot of things better. He’s nothing except someone precious to Seunghyun.

Seunghyun loves Kwon Jiyong and that’s all matter.

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

A/N : Yup. I'm late a couple of months with the update. I'm terribly sorry about that. Life has never been easy for me and I'm struggling to catch up with my studies. Anyway, I hope you like this update. Yay! Hurray for GTOP ;) The next chapter will be about Dongwook and Jiyong's family so I'll try to update as fast as I can for you guys. Thank you so much for those who subscribed and keep on up voting this story. You guys made me teared up ;) I wanted to reply each of your comments but I really don't have time at the moment. Just leave me a comment about your thought for this chapter because I would totally appreciate it. Lastly, thank you so much who still stayed by my side and patiently wait for my slow update. I'm really sorry for my snail pace. I'll try my best at the next chapter! Love you guys! See you guys soon, kay? :D

 

@saraXX, @mintalien : I'm sorry for making you guys wait for so long. I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter as much as I love writing them.