Ten

Intricate Masquerade

 

 

Jiyong had dumped Seunghyun for Youngbae after school, again. Seunghyun’s shoulders dropped in defeat after a long bicker between them in the hallway. His face was constricted in anger, mad and perhaps a little bit of sad. Jiyong was feeling a bit of guilty but it didn’t manage to hold him walking away from Seunghyun.

He’ll probably kill me after this.

His hand touched on his shoulder, remembering how he had rashly knocked their shoulders and walked away with Youngbae. Jiyong quickly shook his head and decided to shove away thoughts about Seunghyun.

Today, Jiyong finally found out about Dong Youngbae that he is as good as the rumours said. In fact, good is probably an understatement to define the guy. He is perfect if Jiyong could sum up everything about him. After studying together, they both shared some information about each other and there were so many things they had in common. Examples like their favourite artist, their favourite food and their favourite subject. Jiyong found himself to be at ease with Youngbae as his company. The expected long tiring walk to his home didn’t even happen. Talking and laughing with his new friend was so much fun and Jiyong thought it was hard to accept Youngbae. Oh, how he was so wrong.

“I guess this is a new start of our friendship, huh?” Youngbae asked, walking next to Jiyong’s side.

“I hope so” Jiyong said weakly.

“Were you and Seunghyun fighting? He looked a bit mad back there” Youngbae asked.

“I’m just…trying to clear up my mind”

“By avoiding him?” Jiyong glanced at Youngbae to put up an excuse but nodded anyway.

“What made you avoid him? Did he done something wrong?”

“He…” Jiyong bits his lips and thought for a while if he should really tell Youngbae.

“Well, I just figured that he’s Dongwook hyung’s little brother” he said, sighing.

“Did you know about it, that Choi Seunghyun is related to Dongwook hyung?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes... But I don’t think avoiding someone would solve the problem, Jiyong” Youngbae said thoughtfully, gifted him a warm smile that made Jiyong embarrassed at his silly action.

“You know, ten months ago, I saw you at Dongwook hyung’s funeral, Jiyong. I think that was the first time I saw you” Youngbae began in a low voice. Jiyong diverted his gaze and fixed on Youngbae to let him know that he got his full attention. Heart was thumping fast, increasing its pace as soon the name was said.

“There were a lot of things happened that day but I could only remember you. The day was dark and cloudy. People were dressed in black clothes, hats and shades covering every pair of red eyes. Everyone was standing in front of the tomb, crying and mourning for Dongwook’s hyung. But you, Jiyong…you were staring, hiding behind a big tree where you thought no one could see you. You just stood there in silence, expressionless; without a smile neither cried a bit of tear”

With that, Jiyong stopped his tracks, following Youngbae who did so too.

“You did absolute nothing. At one point that day I thought ‘Boy, this guy is so tough that he didn’t even cry’ and I wanted to say that I was proud of you” Youngbae paused and turned, carefully putting his hand over the bridge of Jiyong’s shoulder. There was a smile on his lips, yet, it looked bitter to his eyes.

“I guessed I was wrong because after that day, the only word I could define you is lost. You looked so lost to the point that I think I should helped you get back on your tracks”

“What are you trying to say?” Jiyong asked politely, simply doesn’t understand the reason Youngbae’s telling him the story.

“You’re not strong as you look, Jiyong” Youngbae paused and pulled away his hand when he saw Jiyong’s lips twisted.

“There are times when life gets hard and unfair. By that time comes, just remember you’re not alone” Youngbae shouldered his bag and gave a warm smile.

If anyone had said this to his face, Jiyong would have ushered him out and lashed out because he would have considered these words as an insult. But today, Jiyong could only see that Dong Youngbae was trying to console him.

“Dongwook hyung has told me a lot of things about you. From your family background to your relationship with him” Youngbae said in a gentle voice.

“He did?” Jiyong’s orbs were dilated for a second, completely surprised by this information. There was a part of him being happy yet sad at the same time. It was delighted to hear that Dongwook hyung told about them to someone else.

“Yeah, he did”

 “Anyway, I promised Dongwook hyung to take care of you so I really hope that you could easily open up to me and talked to me whenever it was hard being alone. Even if it involves Choi Seunghyun” Youngbae flashed his usual smile and Jiyong curled his lips.

“There’s my address and my phone number. You can come to me if there’s a problem. I’ll help you. We’re friends anyway” Jiyong nodded his head and slipped the small paper into his pockets, mouthing thanks afterwards.

-

Seunghyun could never understand Kwon Jiyong and he wonder if he ever could. His unpredictable actions were causing him to go on an emotional ride though these days. The boy keeps on avoiding his eyes, presence and Seunghyun hoped there will be no day that Kwon Jiyong shut him off his tiny world. His mouth felt dry in a sudden.

“Dae, pour me a drink”

Seunghyun gestured his hand to Daesung and the boy quickly grabbed the bottle’s neck, pouring it into the nearest glass till it fill up to the top. Can’t even wait any longer, Seunghyun carelessly reached for the glass and gulped it down to his throat in one go, not stopping. Liquids spilled down from his mouth, trailing to his long neck and disappeared behind his shirt. After he finished, Seunghyun wiped his mouth with his back hand.

Taecyeon rolled his eyes at Seunghyun’s weird behaviour, taking some assumptions into his head and he speaks without thinking the second time.

“Let me think, it’s that Kwon boy, right?” his index finger pointing up along his jointed brow.

Seunghyun nodded stiffly, confirming neither conviction nor disagreement. He doesn’t want to talk about Kwon Jiyong with Taecyeon or Daesung but there’s no one else that Seunghyun could actually vent out his frustrations to. Moreover, the talk with his cousin, Dong Youngbae, doesn’t seem come into fruition at all. Sliding his hand inside jeans pocket, Seunghyun pulled out a box of cigarette and pluck one cigar onto his lips.

“Gosh, come on, Seunghyun. I told you to stop hanging around that kid. He’s just wasting your time” Taecyeon huffed angrily, almost knocking down the bottle on his hand against the bar.

“Shut your mouth, Taec. I don’t need any lectures for today” Seunghyun dragged a long deep inhale and exhaled calmly, his hand reached for his glass and took another sip.

“He’s one sly fox, I’m telling you. There’s so much thing that you still don’t know about him, Seunghyun” Taecyeon stubbornly continued, making Seunghyun threw a glare on his left. The first part of his sentence was so unnecessary.

“And you know about it?” Seunghyun asked, wasn’t really interested but to see how far his friend is going to go with the bashing.

“Yes, in fact—I know him more than you actually realized. His dirty secrets are in the back of my mind, Seunghyun. And I can tell you about it if you promise to stay away from him” Seunghyun’s eyebrows jointed up at this.

“Oh really?” Seunghyun genuinely asked and watched as his friend shrugged his shoulders.

“Which source did you get about the so-called dirty secret? A f.cking newspaper? Or was it from the internet? Delight me please, Reporter Ok” the sarcasm in his words made Taecyeon’s smirk went bigger, wider than it should have and Seunghyun wished he could rip it off one day because it was so annoying. Seunghyun rolled his eyes as he turned his attention back to the crowded dance floor.

“I’ll tell you when the time comes” Taecyeon whirled the drink in his hand.

-

The club was awfully crowded today. Jiyong felt extra sick today remembering the scent of alcohol and ashes whirling in the air, not to forget the puke he needed to clean up earlier. His hands were placed over his stomach, feeling a little bit nauseous. As soon the clock strike one in the morning, Jiyong finally get to excuse himself from his endless works and felt grateful that tomorrow is weekend so he doesn’t have to get up early in the morning. Jiyong halted his steps as soon he saw the familiar figure in front of his house.

“What are you doing here?” he clenched his jaws.

It was always back to the same question when they both encountered each other. Seunghyun faced Jiyong as he gets up from the bench, lips kept in a thin line. Jiyong could see they guy shivered under the cold night, hands stuffed in pockets. He must have been there waiting for a very long time. From the look of his face, Seunghyun was a little pale from usual but the guy didn’t show any weaknesses. Pulling out his hand from pocket, Seunghyun takes out a plastic bag from behind.

“Want to have an ice-cream?” Seunghyun said, standing up.

Maybe Youngbae was right, avoiding Seunghyun is probably not the best answer and Jiyong should start accepting the fact now. Choi Seunghyun was probably one of persistent person he’d ever known. Jiyong could hide and avoid him for a few days but he was sure, Choi Seunghyun is not going to let him past that easy. They were both settled in a park, eating ice-cream as Seunghyun had suggested.

“You should have a hot chocolate instead of an ice-cream” Jiyong said, his ice-cream as he glanced at the shivered Seunghyun. The guy shook his head and continued eating his ice-cream.

“I would never think there would be a day that you would care for me” Seunghyun smirked at him, causing Jiyong to elbow him on the rib. The guy winced.

“I am not. I just don’t want you to blame on me if you get cold next morning that’s all. It’s annoying” Jiyong puffed his cheeks.

“So, does this mean that you’ll stop avoiding me?” Seunghyun sounds like he was hurt, making Jiyong to have a look on his face, inspecting closely. The guy had his hoodie on top his head, covering his sharp gaze as if afraid that Jiyong will see his expression. Jiyong blinked for once and took a long inhale.

“I am not avoiding you” he looked at his frozen ice-cream, suddenly doesn’t have any appetite to eat.

“You are certainly doing so. It was obviously written on your face” His hoarse voice was gentle, soothing. It seemed like Seunghyun was calmer tonight, despite the fact Jiyong was running away from him, the guy didn’t show any rage that Jiyong had expected to see.

“That’s not true” Jiyong said, biting his ice-cream a little.

“Of course, it is, Mr. Obvious” Seunghyun bumped their shoulders feebly, teasing.

“No”

“Yes”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“Urgh, you’re a ridiculous, annoying jerk” Jiyong finally gave up, groaning as he glared at Seunghyun.

“Does it mean that I’m right and you’re wrong?” Seunghyun playfully wiggled his eyebrow.

“Absolutely not!” Jiyong folded his arms across his chest.

“Cute” Seunghyun mumbled, seeing Jiyong turned the other way with lips pouting.

A smile bloomed on his face. He didn’t realize that he missed this, bickering with Kwon Jiyong like a bunch of kids. Seunghyun turned to have a better look on the boy. Jiyong had his bangs across his forehead tonight with a beanie on top of his head. A pink muffler complimented his pale white skin, it makes him looked innocent and naïve than he was supposed to be. The only thing what’s missing is a smile. Seunghyun dropped his head, hanging it low.

Perhaps, Taecyeon and the other were right. Kwon Jiyong must have hated him all this time. Enough with starting off on the wrong path, he even harassed and used the guy as much as he want without caring of the boy’s feeling. No wonder Kwon Jiyong never smiled around him. It’s because he doesn’t even worth a smile. Seunghyun looked on his abandoned ice-cream and thought for a while.

“Do you hate me, Kwon?”

Jiyong stopped eating his ice-cream, surprised at his questions. Clearly, completely clueless about what he was supposed to respond to this. I don’t know; he wanted to say but it seemed those words tangle in between his throat because all he could hear was their breathing.

“Is that why you avoided me these past days?” He looked at Seunghyun’s eyes, looking puzzled than he already was yet still waiting for Jiyong’s answer.

“No… I don’t hate you. I’m just busy” shoving away Dongwook hyung’s memories inside my head, Jiyong had not said the last part because he couldn’t bring himself to say it.

“Truthfully, I don’t hate you. Well, at least I don’t really think I have enough reason to hate you because I don’t know you that much” Jiyong feebly chuckled. He gets up and threw away the remnants of his ice-cream. Walking to the silent guy, Jiyong crouched down a little to face Seunghyun.

“Satisfied with my answer, Choi?”

What he didn’t expect was a smile on his face. His eyes were glistened, beaming happily and nodded. Seunghyun was glad and Jiyong was amused by his expression. His heart was beating like crazy, increasing it’s pace as the time goes on. Jiyong doesn’t know whether to enjoy this feelings bottling in his chest or to shove it away.

Seunghyun still walked him back home even though Jiyong told him not to. Nonetheless, Jiyong silently enjoyed the walk with Seunghyun tonight. Unlike his usual pestering, Seunghyun seemed to have a couple of funny stories and for once, Jiyong felt normal, walking side by side with Choi Seunghyun. The situation that they both were not accustomed to yet it felt so right.

“Kwon”

“Yeah?” Jiyong retaliated, smiling.

“You should smile more because you look beautiful with it” Seunghyun said, locking eyes with him.

Jiyong just has to scoff at Seunghyun’s words. It’s not like he’s been frowning all these days, or did he? Has his smiles faltered? Has his laughs died? Jiyong looked at Seunghyun’s eyes for confirmation and it seemed that those dark gazes were telling him the truth. His throat stuck for a moment, lump forming in between.

“I’m a guy. I don’t need to be told I’m beautiful” Jiyong said bitterly, quickly covering his mouth behind his pink muffler when sensing that Seunghyun has been staring at his lips for a while. They guy turned away and Jiyong could hear a low sigh.

“I guess so but hey, don’t deny compliment does make you feel good” Seunghyun stated simply.

His eyes can’t stop watching the shorter boy, scanning each his delicate actions and memorized it in the back of his head. Jiyong’s pace was starting to increase, letting Seunghyun to trail behind him. Seunghyun noticed the boy’s ears went red, figured the guy was embarrassed by his compliment, making Seunghyun wanted to grin widely. The guy could imagine it in his head, Kwon Jiyong shying away from his eyes and his cheeks must have painted in pink right now.

Jiyong finds the walk to his house was endless because all he could see was a dark night accompanied with street’s poles, stars and the moon. Stars?

“I heard when people died; they will go up and turned into a star. Shining brightly as they watched over their loved person” Jiyong said, eyes looking up to the dark sky.

Memories of Dongwook hyung were triggering in his mind and Jiyong had suddenly felt guilty about it. Jiyong knows he wasn’t supposed to take Choi Seunghyun as Dongwook hyung; it’s wrong, he knows but he just can’t help it.

Stretching out his hand, Jiyong wished he could grab one of the brightest stars up there. He wished he could grab Dongwook hyung’s hand and accompanied him up there. He wonders if Dongwook hyung was watching him with Seunghyun right now. How would he feel? Would he be happy seeing they acquainted? Or would he be angry because Jiyong wasn’t supposed to get close with his family?

The shorter boy’s action caught Seunghyun’s eyes, wondering what the boy is has been thinking. From the way he holds out his hand, looked as if Jiyong was hoping for someone to reach him. Help him. There’s desperation in his action so Seunghyun quickly jog and grabbed Jiyong’s hand in the air, enveloping it with his big hand. The boy was startled, almost losing his composure. Mouth opened a little, no words out though so Seunghyun pulled his lips a bit.

“Who told you this stupid joke? Only a crazy person will believe such lies” Seunghyun’s laughs made Jiyong felt like a complete fool so he frowned.

How could he forget that Seunghyun is still a bastard?

“Yeah. I guess I am stupid” Jiyong said, sounds disappointed and tried to usher Seunghyun’s hand away from him but the iron grip was no joke. Huffing angrily, Jiyong tried to pull away his hand with so much effort. Unfortunately, the guy didn’t even budge and even chuckled at his useless attempt.

“Let go of me, Choi” Jiyong said in a firm voice.

“Why should I?”

“Because people are looking!” Jiyong hissed. Despite his words, Seunghyun was doing complete opposite, tangling their fingers altogether and dragged Jiyong to continue walking.

“Let them see then” Seunghyun smiled, can’t stop the urge to chuckle when Jiyong went panicked and tried his best to hide their hands when a group of friends came walking passed them.

“You’re crazy” Jiyong eventually gave up when his effort went fruitless.

“I’m glad that you think so too” his reply made Jiyong rolled his eyes.

Seunghyun’s hand was cold against his skin, making Jiyong feeling even more guilty shoved on chest. The guy could have stayed in his warm house, drinking hot chocolate. Instead, here Seunghyun was, accompanying him back home in the cold. His lips kept in a straight line as he gripped on Seunghyun’s hand, tighter.

There was a slight brush against his arm, Seunghyun didn’t turn but he could feel it, the warmth was embracing him as Jiyong gets closer to him. There was no space between them. Only his arm was brushing against Jiyong’s, intimately. His heart skipped a beat when the boy tilted up his head to look at him. Seunghyun looked away and exhaled a breath. Nervous climbing on top of his nerves right now and so suddenly he went speechless for a second. Seunghyun opened his mouth, about to say something.

“Don’t say anything weird. I just thought of doing you a favour. You’re shivering anyway” Jiyong speaks, tried to save him from any weird assumptions. Seunghyun grinned sheepishly at this.

“Sure, whatever you say, Kwon”

-

By the time they’re both arrived in front of Jiyong’s house, Jiyong was the first one to let go of their hand and Seunghyun felt like the electricity in him was stopped completely. Seunghyun tried not to show his disappointment, dropping his hands in his side pockets, he took a couple of steps back. Seunghyun glanced at Jiyong and they were exchanging looks in a few minutes. Sensing that the boy got nothing to say to him, Seunghyun thought he’s better off before he’ll say anything ridiculous after this. He turned his heels and pulled the hoodie, covering his eyes.

“Choi” Jiyong called out softly.

“Yeah?” he didn’t bother to turn around, though Seunghyun does feel the greed to see Jiyong’s face when he called for his name.

“Why did you ask me if I hate you or not?” Jiyong asked bluntly, straight to the point and it made Seunghyun blinked a few times.

“Because it’s better than asking if you like me or not” Seunghyun teased, smiling and turning his body to face Jiyong fully.

“Oh”

It was quite short. The reply was nothing much or more. Just indicating that he understood. Seunghyun, however, sense a long pause right after that. He saw the way Jiyong’s eyes diverted from his face down to the hard ground as if the boy wanted to hear more. Had expected more, Seunghyun just knows it.

 “It’s late. You should go back” Jiyong said with a smile pasted on his face.

“Yeah, I really should”

Although he had no intention going back home at this time, Seunghyun just nodded his head along as he speaks, following Jiyong’s flow. He took a step back and puts his hand in the midst of air, waving it slow.

“See you”

Right after that, Jiyong making his way forward and stopped Seunghyun. Quickly, Jiyong unwrapped the muffler from his neck and hands it out to Seunghyun. It took a few moments for Seunghyun to read the situation. Eyes wander curiously from those slender hands to the pink muffler, only to go back looking at Jiyong again.

“Make sure you don’t catch a cold” Jiyong said, looking into his eyes, lips curled into a small smile. Just from these simple words, Seunghyun felt butterflies flying inside his stomach and it felt like his world was suddenly casted a new bright light.

-

During the weekend, his mother has brought a man to his house, being introduced as her new friend though Jiyong doubted about it yet he swatted away his hand and quickly ran out of his house. Before, Jiyong was sure that he was not someone that can carelessly interfere the private lives of his parents. His father is a successful businessman so he understands why his father was always not home. Also, Jiyong did reminded himself that his mother was busy socializing out there, making some friends because she might have missed a company of a friend, someone who she could talk to and relate with herself. Unfortunately, as it prolong almost for a year, the word family was fading slowly from his life dictionary.

And he thought it was just him being negative.

 “I heard that Kwon Jiyong’s mother is having an affair with somebody else’s husband. My mother saw they’re flirting last night at the bar” within a second, his eyes flicked up, body quickly hides behind the bookshelf.

Jiyong wasn’t sure why he’s peeking in other’s conversation but he just can’t help it. He wanted to ignore them and at the same time Jiyong wanted to know with what kind of perceptions do people are looking at him. His heart breaks when hearing people talking bad about him yet he can’t do anything.

Was it his fault? Everything wouldn’t have happened if he didn’t meet Lee Jaehyuk. He also wouldn’t have to encounter such an embarrassing situation with Choi Seunghyun. Holding a book over his chest, Jiyong sighed heavily. How much longer does he has to endure all of this?

Then, a pair of hands clasped over his ears, blocking any sound from entering his eardrum. Jiyong was startled for a few seconds but he felt safe. He felt secure even though he couldn’t hear anything. A body was pushing him to walk forward and managed to get him outside from the library. By the time he turned around, Seunghyun lowered himself to get on the same level as Jiyong.

“Why are you keep hurting yourself? Don’t hear it if you can’t handle it. Just turn away and leave. You could’ve done that much instead of standing there taking in everything” Seunghyun looks at him, eyebrows creased looking slightly mad. Jiyong opens his mouth carefully.

“Don’t say anything. Let’s just go” Seunghyun pulled him.

Jiyong doesn’t even bother to pull away his hand, reading the situation at the moment he really doesn’t need another meaningless fight with Choi Seunghyun. Like always, they both ended up on the rooftop.

-

Nevertheless, Jiyong never expected a surprise from Choi Seunghyun. The long stretch of silence hovered both of them.

“I’m sorry” Seunghyun said, eyes looking directly in Jiyong’s eyes. He waits for Jiyong to say something, expected him to speak actually than staring on the flowers.

Jiyong looked at the flowers that still have its roots and dirt on it. Did he just pluck the flower from the garden? Seunghyun handed him the flowers and Jiyong reluctantly took it, still didn’t stop staring at those flowers weirdly.

“I’m sorry for not meeting you on that day even though I’m the one asked you to meet me. I’m sorry for breaking the glass on purpose too. In fact, I’m sorry for everything that might have hurt you all this time. I hope you can forgive me and accept this flower” by the way his low voice, Jiyong could tell that Seunghyun is really sorry but the way he gave these flower somehow looked funny so Jiyong laughed.

“Are you serious?” he continued chuckling and clasped on his mouth, trying to control his laugh but somehow the joyful feelings inside him could not be contented so he laughed with his might.

“Why are you laughing? I’m apologizing right now. What’s funny about it?” Seunghyun huffed.

“The flowers though—where did you pluck it? Around the school?” Jiyong was still laughing, holding his stomach.

“Yeah, I did. So what? Give it to me back if you’re going to make fun of me” Seunghyun pouted and rashly seized the flowers from Jiyongs hands. The guy steal a glance on the shorter one noticing the boy puts out his hand, gesturing to give him the flowers.

“Why in a sudden?” Jiyong asked, taking in the flowers in his hands and smells it, lovingly.

 “I’ve been thinking lately about a lot of things and I realized that we’re both started on a wrong foot, which may be the reason we’re not getting along that well. S-so, I want to start anew with you. How about we start with the introduction first?” Seunghyun shifted in his spot and cleared his throat, hesitantly looking into the boy’s eyes as he speaks.

“Umm... I’m not really good at this kind of stuff” the shorter on took a step back and hung his head down.

“Awww.. Come on. Trust me. Just play along. Hi, my name is Choi Seunghyun. You can call me Seunghyun” Seunghyun pulled out his hand stiffly and awkwardly smiled. There was still doubt in Jiyong’s eyes, by the way those slender finger slides behind his ear, down to touch faintly at his nape. Nevertheless, Jiyong shyly accepted Seunghyun’s hand and returned his smile.

“Hi, my name is Kwon Jiyong. You can call me Jiyong, I guess”

“Well, nice to meet you, Jiyong” Seunghyun took a chance to grasp on tighter at the boy’s hand, caressing it gently against his skin, making the boy to look up and met his eyes.

 “Nice to meet you too, Seunghyun. Thank you for the flowers by the way. It is certainly lovely” Jiyong said, still holding the flowers gracefully on his left arm, doesn’t want to torn it apart and his eyes were beaming that Seunghyun can’t stop staring.

“You’re very much welcome… Jiyong” Seunghyun sheepishly blushed at his sincerity.

-

“Choi”

“I thought we agreed to call ourselves by our names”

“Uhh…Seunghyun then”

“Yes, Jiyong” Seunghyun chirped loudly, a little too excited.

“Can I ask you again why did you ask me if I hate you or not?” Jiyong has brought up the question as Seunghyun had expected.

Seunghyun turned his head to his right and looked at Jiyong that has been staring at the blue sky in front of them. Lying on the rooftop together, side by side like this made Seunghyun’s stomach flipped. The situation between them was strange and unusual. Especially when engaging into a weird conversation that was a little too blunt, snarky and cold words with a sparkle of honesty. But he doesn’t find it awkward or discomfort. He likes it because Seunghyun felt closer to Kwon Jiyong’s inner side.

“Why do you want to know?” Seunghyun spreads his arms, brushing his hand against Jiyong a little, obvious intention but went unnoticed by the boy who seemed to be busy thinking of what, Seunghyun wasn’t sure.

“No reason” Jiyong met Seunghyun’s eyes, convincing him for a mere seconds and sits up when Seunghyun doesn’t seem to buy it. He ran his hands through his hair, messing with it and bits his lower lips as the tension between them grew.

It was a complete lie, of course. Jiyong his lower lips and took a long inhale, letting his mind wander anywhere else. How was Seunghyun feeling when ask him that question? Was he anxious and insecure? Because Jiyong can’t reach any other feelings except for anxious and insecure right after he heard those students talked about him. Do they hate on him? Was he really worth to hate on? Does he even deserve all these?

Seunghyun watched Jiyong’s spine bent as he crouched a bit to hug his knees. He pushed himself up and gets closer to Jiyong. Is he still thinking about the students at the library? It was quite hard to read Jiyong still though even after spending times with him; aside from teasing and pestering him. By the way Jiyong’s eyebrow creased, the stiff bent body, showed clearly that Jiyong was on the edge. Uneasy.

“It’s because I don’t know what to do if you hate me” Seunghyun breathed, his baritone was low. Jiyong stared at him.

There are couples of things Seunghyun learned about the key of how to reach for success, which are confidence and persistence. However, Seunghyun somehow failed to grasp both keys today. He was kind of tame and seemed to be letting his guard off. Whether it’s for good or bad, he doesn’t really need to know because the taller guy just feels the need to express himself. And hopefully, his honesty could melt down the ice around Kwon Jiyong.

“But it’s not like I’m not expecting that you will like me either… I…. just hope the boundaries between your feelings for me won’t cross against hate”

Before Jiyong could realize, Seunghyun was already before his eyes, a few inches apart. The guy boldly reached for Jiyong’s hand and gently grasped it. A heat had come into Jiyong’s cheeks and then, Jiyong can feel it, his heart was wavering by Seunghyun’s touch. His brain was telling him to pull away yet his heart was telling him to stay, to let it be and be sincere with his heart just for a minute.

“I just…can’t bear it if you hate me” Seunghyun’s voice grew quieter with each word, close to whispering.

The taller one brought his hand up, thumbing his knuckles affectionately and presented his most precious smile. Every single features of Seunghyun was beautiful, his cute dimples, his thick eyebrows and most of all, his naïve expression when he’s happy.

Luckily, Jiyong noticed what Seunghyun intended to do and managed to tug his hand from getting kissed by Seunghyun. The shorter boy, nonetheless, smiled at Seunghyun’s words. The smile was nothing fake or forced, pretty sweet for Seunghyun’s eyes and he swears his heart leaped more than hundred times.

-

Seunghyun had walked Jiyong to his class after having a lunch together. The atmosphere turned out to be different than usual. It was nothing heavy or tense and Seunhyun could get used to it. He bid Jiyong goodbye and had told him that he won’t be available to walk Jiyong home today because he might have to get home early and Jiyong just nodded his head. The boy shyly waved his hand at Seunghyun and get in his class. Suddenly, a guy tapped him on the shoulder, raising an eyebrow at him. Seunghyun smirked.

“So, does it work?”

“Yeah!” Seunghyun high-five Youngbae with a big smile on his face. Youngbae just have to shake his head at Seunghyun’s excitement showing on his face.

“Good to know” Youngbae shrugged his shoulders.

“Thanks for your idea, Bae. It was probably not the best idea you ever came up but it works for me so it’s all good” Seunghyun said, still keeping his gaze at Jiyong, watched as the boy brought up his book and reads.

“Well, it’s your choice, Seunghyun. But, remember you are the one whom wanted to start anew with Jiyong. So from this onwards, treat him better if you want to be his friend. You wanted this, Seunghyun. If I know you’re still being a jerk to him. I’ll make sure you’ll regret it” Youngbae squeezed Seunghyun’s shoulder once and get in the class, leaving to scoff at his cousin’s word.

It’s not like he’s that bad, right?

-

Jiyong shifted in his apron and pulled the string to his back, trying to tie it into a knot. Why is it so hard to tie it? After the incident of broken glasses, the supervisor had him taking in charge of wiping clean the glasses in the back. Jiyong doesn’t really care about it as long as his money keeps rolling. Although, he did heard that that job does not only covered on cleaning the glasses but the floor, the table, the bar, every VIP room; meaning the whole club. This is so not good, Jiyong murmured and did not fail to curse on Choi Seunghyun. If that freaking jerk did leave him alone, this whole thing won’t happen.

“What are you frowning at?” a baritone voice broke his trance, startling Jiyong when Seunghyun abruptly shows up behind him. Long fingers replaced his, roughly pulling the strings drawing Jiyong to bump on his back on Seunghyun’s chest and so Jiyong gasped a little subtle. Jiyong had wanted to question where did he came from and what is he doing but Seunghyun just won’t let him turn, making him struggling in return.

“Stop moving” those big hands firmly placed over his hips, somehow made Jiyong a little cautious and nervous. He did freeze in his spot and he could hear Seunghyun muttered ‘good boy’. Good boy? What is he? A pet? Every time Jiyong and Seunghyun met, he realized that they had been sharing a little too much of affection or rather called as skinship. Jiyong certainly did not remember being this close to a boy neither a man, especially on a very short term- maybe except for Dongwook hyung, Jiyong thought.

“Choi Seunghyun—! I t’s too tight, you jerk. How am I going to breathe?” Jiyong breathed and there’s again a buzzing chuckle escaped. It must have been done on purpose, Jiyong puffed his cheeks. He pretended to being distracted by his own mind although he was quite conscious from lingering touches from his hips up to the bridge of his shoulders and those hands stopped on his waist.

“It’s so nice hearing you called me by my full name” Jiyong was turned around and come to face with smiling Seunghyun. It’s rare. Oddly rare and Jiyong found its precious for a moment. The smile was so sincere and heart-warming, catching him off-guard, almost breaking a smile.

“Hyunnie?”

A female voice echoed from a far, making Jiyong to put a great distance both of them. A girl clad in a black linen dress shows up in front of the door, walking in a red striking stilettos matching with her red hair. Her pale skin complimented her red lipstick and Jiyong was blown away by her gorgeous figure. The girl skipped happily when she saw Seunghyun in the room and locked her arms in his. He just realized Seunghyun also wears a black shirt buttoned up with a red tie stood out. Black hairs slicked back, showing a neat and clean image of him.

Has he met her before because she seemed familiar?

“Who is this, Hyunnie?” the girl asked, leaning close to Seunghyun. Jiyong quickly looks away when he was caught staring both of them.

“Bom nuna, this is Kwon Jiyong, the boy I told you about. Kwon Jiyong, this is Park Bom, my childhood friend and the manager of this club” the girl known as Bom froze for a moment, eyes widen. But then she bows her head low and smiled at Jiyong. He returns her smile and bows down quietly.

“Hyunnie, we’ve to get going and it’s getting late. Your parents are waiting outside” Jiyong can’t take away his eyes on their locked arms, disturbed by their display of affection. Nevertheless, Seunghyun doesn’t seem to mind as his hand shifted and slid behind her tiny waist. The guy leaned down and whispered something in her ear, leaving her to chuckle and hit on his arm jokingly.

“Be fast. I’m going to wait for you in the car and it’s good to meet you, Kwon Jiyong” she pats him on the shoulder lightly and walked away.

Jiyong cleared his throat and looked at his feet, “Hyunnie, huh?” Jiyong snickered.

“I smell jealousy” his lips formed a smile and Jiyong holds up his hand to his face.

“I am not. Quit flattering yourself” Jiyong argued, trying to defend himself though he does sounds a bit like a bitter girlfriend. Jiyong shook his head and get out from the room.

“You should get going by the way, your girlfriend must be waiting” the sounds of beats pulsating through the wall was loud and Jiyong was about to step in the big crowd but was pulled back in, meeting Seunghyun’s eyes again.

“She’s not my girlfriend but my ex-crush” Seunghyun explained, looking too earnestly.

“And why are you telling me this?”

“I just feel like you need to know. I don’t like complicated things so I don’t hope for misunderstanding after this” there was hesitant in his tone yet Seunghyun continued his sentence, eyes darted towards the bar and trailed back down to stare his pointy shoes.

“I told you I’m not jealous” Jiyong forced out. It was ridiculous to envy just because Park Bom and Seunghyun wearing matching outfits, leaning against each other and whispering secrets code—okay, now Jiyong wanted to slap his head for thinking too much.

“Read my lips. I am not jealous” he repeated again, high –pitched tone as if directing towards himself.

“I know” Seunghyun said half-heartedly, sounding forced to believe. Jiyong puffed his cheeks and continued walking. He swears his cheeks were burning in heat when Seunghyun smiled and stared at him. 

“Jiyong” It was gentle, Seunghyun’s voice sounded nice in his ears, he silently thought.

“Hmm?”

“Kwon Jiyong”

“Yes?” It’s starting to get on his nerves but he still walked though.

“Kwon Jiyong”

“Choi…”

“Kwon Jiyong Kwon Jiyong Kwon Jiyong” the guy sings song his name cheerfully. Gripping on his fist, Jiyong clenched on his jaws, tight.

“Whatt?”

“Your looks cute from here”

“CHOI SEUNHYUN!”

-

As the night was getting late, a car drove through passing every road, fast. As it has arrived, the car stopped abruptly causing the passenger and the driver to yank forward. Bom straightens in her seat and noticed that they have arrived at her house. Carefully peering at the window and she takes off her seat belt. Bom glanced on him a second before talking.

“Seunghyun, how much did you know about Jiyong?”she asked, serious.

Seunghyun turns to her and crooked his brows. “Nothing much. Just about him being the smart kid in the school. Why? You look… surprised” he said as inspecting her face.

“Nuna?” The guy crooked his head to get a better view of her, noticed she was fiddling with her fingers.  He took a chance to slip his fingers in her hand, slightly knuckles with his thumb. Bom gave out a couple of hesitated sighed and speaks.

“He’s Dongwook’s ex-boyfriend”

“W-what? W-who?” Bom definitely got his attention now as Seunghyun faced her, eyebrow jotting up in surprised.

“Kwon Jiyong. He’s Dongwook’s ex-boyfriend, your brother’s ex boyfriend”

 

 

 

F.ck.

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Finally I updated! Phew... I hope you enjoy this chapter as much I love writing this chappie. It's a special chapter for me since it bonding time between Choi Seunghyun and Kwon Jiyong so.... hurray! I'll try to update soon for you guys. Thanks you so much for those who never stop supporting me. Also, for those who subscribed, I'll try not to disappoint you and make this story worth every little time of yours. Thank you also for those who up-voted this story. Please tell me what you think about this chapter and hope you enjoy this chapter. Love you so much :)