Third

Intricate Masquerade

A/N : Heads up for a strong language and a little bit of mature content- even though I don't think it was that inappropriate. lol. I'm sorry that I can't reply to your feedbacks because I really wanted to but something was holding me back. Thank you very much for your feedbacks and very much pleasured that you like the chapters. You guys are too sweet. I hope you will satisfy with this one too and I'll try my best for the next chapters. Oh and this one is quite long because the next chapter might take some time to finish. I hope you'll understand. Anyway, enjoy and welcome new readers :)

 

_____________________________________

 

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you not to meet again, Choi?” his voice sounded nearly frustrated that made Seunghyun to curve a mischievous smile, he knew he would find him up here.

“As far as I ever remember, you’re not the boss of me, Kwon”, Seunghyun moved to lie on his back beside Jiyong.

“Yeah, whatever. Just don’t talk to me. I need to sleep” Jiyong crouches into a ball, eyes shut down tight, hugging his body to keep himself warm.

“But you just did, Kwon” and Seunghyun received a sharp intake of breathe.

He could see the boy was resisting to throw a couple of mocking words by the way he frowned. The black haired guy emitted a mirthless chuckle and took a deep breathe, moving his arms and his fingers accidentally touches Jiyong’s hand. An amused expression occupied on Seunghyun’s face. His skin is soft, he thinks.

Their last meeting had made Seunghyun thinks about Kwon Jiyong, and may be a little bit too much, a smile tugged on his lips. There’s something about him that Seunghyun craved to yearn for. He had asked Youngbae about Kwon Jiyong, his backgrounds, family and so on but the bastard had yet revealed anything.

Seunghyun turned, facing the smaller boy and his lips fell when saw Jiyong’s eyebrows knotted. He wonder what made him looks so broken. His heart leaped. Groaning in dissatisfaction, Seunghyun sat up straight and shrugged off whatever clung on his chest, leaning back with his arm covering his face from the blazing sun.

One thing he discovers about himself nowadays is: Always getting tangled up in frustration whenever he thinks about Jiyong.

Why oh why.

 

-

 

And it just happens.

The rooftop casually turned into Seunghyun’s and Jiyong’s place to rest. They’ve met, almost every day but never had any official conversation. Only mutters of ‘Hey’,‘Shut up’ and ‘I’m leaving’. Jiyong was actually uncomfortable with Seunghyun’s presence, feeling a bit intimidated every time those dark gaze burn a hole on his face but as long the taller kept his distance from him, he won’t care as much.

Each day passed turned bitter and quite hard for Jiyong to swallow. Although, the fact is he is still alive and managed to endure with his every sullen days yet something was wearing him out. There were emotions bottled up deep behind his chest, it was a burdening.

 

“Smoking makes me feel free, like all problems turned into smokes and vanished, fades into the thin air”

 

The rings of bell echoed through the classroom, pulling him out from the trance that has been holding him from the whole day. Its recess, he mumbled low. Jiyong doesn’t feel like eating though his stomach has been growling for some time now. He rests his head on the desk and was about to sleep but a bottle of juice and sandwiches were placed on his desk.

“Hungry?” there’s again those crimson eyes, lips arched up in a warm smile and Jiyong suddenly felt embarrassed.

 

-

 

It turned out that the class monitor gifted him a lunch as a reconcile; except the fact is Dong Youngbae didn’t do anything wrong. Jiyong accepted it because he couldn’t get away from the guilty that he’s being a jerk to Dong Youngbae. Just like that they’re both eating inside the vacant classroom in silence.

Youngbae fake a cough, it made Jiyong to look up with his big eyes. “How are you these days?”

“Good” Jiyong returned to chew his sandwich.

“How’s study?”

“Cool”

“How’s your family?”

“Fine”

“Are you mad at me?” and that had made him stopped. Jiyong tilts up again to see Youngbae looking worried with his lips turn upside down. He’s not expecting this.

“No, of course not. What makes you think so?” He puffed a blow, putting down his sandwich and twitched his lips. Youngbae shrugged his shoulder and mutters out ‘I don’t know’. Jiyong turned around and dug his hand in his bag, taking out a handkerchief.

“Here, you got a mayo right there” he pointed out to the corner of Youngbae’s lips and the guy blushed, hurryingly wipes his mouth with the cloth. Jiyong chuckled quietly, covering his mouth with the back of his hand. And Youngbae finally get it; the boy was just messing with him so he lets a small laugh.

“Sorry. It’s funny seeing you fooled so easily. Thanks for the handkerchief by the way” Youngbae could feel his heart swells at the sight of Jiyong’s small smile.

“No problem and Jiyong-” there was a pregnant pause, Jiyong watched the guy infront of nervously shifted in his seat.

“I hope we can be friends. A really good one” the guy flashed a white teeth and Jiyong bit on his lower lips. A rush of thought ran in his mind.

“Then, can you do me a favour as a starter of a friendship?” he nearly stammered between his words.

 

-

 

It was surprising to find Youngbae asking him for a cigar though he gave a box of Marlboro anyway without hesitating. As far as he knows that guy will never risk his health for a smoke. It was strange, disturbingly strange and Seunghyun is going to find out.

But he needs to wash his face first.

The moment Seunghyun swung the door, he certainly did catch sounds of flickers but he ignored it. It could have been his hallucination. Turning on the tap, Seunghyun splashes water to his face and looks at his face on the mirror. Drips of waters trickled down to his neck, running down to disappear under his shirt, he sighed heavily.

Choi Seunghyun is irritated. He had yet met the brunette for today, not even a glimpse of his shadow. Seunghyun turn off the tap and watched the reflection, aware at the sight one of the cubicles was occupied, and weird because it was too quiet. Not even a sound of splashed water.

“Hello?” he tried to get a reply but none.

“Dude, are you okay in there?” Seunghyun knocked on the door. Quiet. Did the guy faints or his voice wasn’t clear enough? He tried to push the door, it was locked so Seunghyun decided to bust the door.

The first one didn’t budge the door. Until the fourth time, he managed to break the door with his shoulder open, only to find a boy stood froze, dropping a clean cigar from his hand. How wonderful, Seunghyun cracked a smirk. Kwon Jiyong his lower lips as his head hung, afraid of meeting the eyes.

“Good boy turned bad, huh?” there was a glint of mischief in his lingering eyes and Jiyong cussed under his breathe when Seunghyun cornered him in the cubicle. This is not going exactly how he planned at all.

A bang of door outside made Seunghyun threw Jiyong's body quickly against the door, holding it close. There were steps clattered on the tiles so Seunghyun put a finger to Jiyong’s lips. A heat crept on his flushed cheeks, nonetheless, he nodded anyway.

“Those students are seriously giving me a headache. How about your class, Mr Han?” Jiyong panicked- it’s the teachers. He didn’t know that the teachers go to the student’s washroom!

“The other students were as usual but I definitely like Kwon Jiyong. He’s a good boy so as long as him staying out of trouble, I’m good” he could see Seunghyun’s ears perked up at his name, snorting.

Jiyong pushed away Seunghyun’s finger, whispering silently about Seunghyun was being too near and it was suffocating. He grumbled as his body sunk in further, the taller one pushing his body closer. Jiyong got a hand clasp firm to his mouth. Warmness gathers around his body and the short distance between him and Seunghyun didn’t help either.

There was a knee nudging his legs apart, purposely resting there so his eyes widened at the intrusion. Not there, you idiot! Jiyong tried to say but comes out as muffles instead. Seunghyun smiled and presses his body deeper towards Jiyong and blew into the already red ear, eventually made Jiyong shudders. The tips of their nose met.

“You wouldn’t want the teachers to know you’re breaking the school’s rules, don’t you Kwon?” Jiyong shook his head slow, heart beating furiously as his voice rumblesdinto his ear. He found himself melting into a deep puddle just when lips faintly brushed in his hair. Why does it feel so hot in here?

Suddenly, the knee brushed his crotch, digging in causing him to jerk involuntarily. A muffled moan escaped, both of them went rigid. Uh oh. He clutches on Seunghyun’s shirt, hidden his face against his broad chest. This is too awkward, too embarrassing and too much for him to bear. There is no way Seunghyun couldn't feel the body tensed under him. Maybe he needs to do something about it to console Jiyong.

Seunghyun slowly s his arms around the slim waist and pulled him forward. His other free hand settled on top his head, pulling Jiyong more closely to his chest and the brunette held his breath. 

“Sorry” Seunghyun breathed while smiling, touching his ear, teasingly rubbing it.

It feels familiar, somewhere in him was boiling with mixed emotions.“Hyung-” Jiyong mouthed, his lips arched upwards.

 

-

 

Jiyong took a drag and tried not to cough yet failed miserably. This is totally not what he had in mind. It’s bitter and tastes like smokes. Oh who was he kidding? He touched his nape faintly. Seunghyun seized the cigar on his hand and exhales little puffs into the air, his infamous smirk dangling on the corner of his lips.

“Not what you had in mind, huh?” and Jiyong shook, pouting at Seunghyun.

The taller man laughed and carded his black jet hair, tilting his chin upwards, shutting his eyes. He bet no one would’ve thought that the sullen Kwon Jiyong could even look irresistibly cute, especially with a pout. Seunghyun remembered the incident in the washroom earlier, the moan, the red ears and his tingling breathe on his body.

He could feel his body burning, passion and lust have woken up.

“I never thought it will taste that bitter” Jiyong said.

“It will taste sweet actually. Want to figure out together, Kwon?” Seunghyun’s eyes still close, blowing out smoke and Jiyong’s eyebrow raised.

“You’re bluffing, Choi. There’s no way the taste will change” irritation was present in his voice but then his chin was tilted up.

Jiyong squirmed under the hooded gaze, still managed to control his expression, watched how Seunghyun’s cheeks sunk as the guy took a deep inhale from the cigar. Jiyong parted his mouth, about to say something until a mouth was latched on his, tight.

What the f—!

Oxygen in his lungs was deep and there was tongue invades in his mouth, tracing each corner. His eyes closed, felt weakened. Jiyong gripped on his shoulders, trying very hard to push him away. Electricity ran in his rushed blood. The kiss, however, was nothing rush, slow and unconsciously made him calm.

Seunghyun dropped the cigarette and trailed a hand from his neck up to his jaw, cupping those pink cheeks afterwards. When Jiyong’s grip loosens, he backed away to take a breathe, heaving hard as he bore on the brunette’s face.

“I think I kind of like you, Kwon” a blush was visible on his cheeks as those words rushed out, Seunghyun thumbed his jaw but Jiyong pushed it down gently.

Jiyong could feel sparks, fireworks bombing somewhere in his body. The sinful gaze on him surely made him trembled. And the twinkles in Seunghyun’s eyes made him believe that for the first time Choi Seunghyun is sincere. His chest rose and fell but under that Jiyong knew that this feelings were completely wrong. He doesn't need this.

“Sorry but I don’t settle for the kind-of-like, Choi” he tucked his bruised lips under his white teeth.

 

-

 

It’s Sunday and Jiyong doesn't feel like himself.

Instead, uneasy burnt to the core of his stomach. When everybody out there was out with either their friends or family, having fun and spend their weekend together; Jiyong was sitting infront of his desk with Math’s textbook in his hand, studying. The usual routine he’d done for years already yet his head still has not grasped anything from the bunch of numbers displayed on the paper.

“Good god, it has been twenty minutes already” and a sigh managed to escape from his lips as he closed the book. Maybe he should take a rest for today.

Jiyong founds himself drowning in blank white of canvas more often these days, drained out from energy and spacing out all the time. Staring out in the voided space and lets his minds scattered everywhere else. For once he agreed with Dong Youngbae; ever since he received the unexpected news of the accident, Jiyong was terribly a mess. His stomach twitched when he recalled those words entering his brain.

 

“H-he left, Jiyong”

 

His head dropped down feebly, gazed fixed on his knuckles turning white. The world around him was spinning and it was dizzy, quite pretty exhausting. A world without colour; it has occurred like that these past months. Fingers were combing down his hair to the back, running down his nape and stopped there.

“You’ve promised, hyung” his voice cracks and it sounds broken to his ear, almost like a plea.

Only, Jiyong was clothed with nothingness, there’s no agony neither rage filled down his spine. No feelings rushed through his bone as if those words rolled out his tongue meant nothing to him. His brain snapped and he pushed back the chair he’s been sitting on. Grabbing for a sweater and a beanie, Jiyong finally decides to get out. He felt like running away- no. He wants to run away.

Except the only question that always popped up was; where else he could go?

 

-

 

With his mother and her guest around the house, giggles and laughter echoed each corners, it was definitely not a bad idea getting from the house for a while. He shoved hands in the pockets at the side of his jacket. Blowing a puff of relief, he saunters quietly. Jiyong felt free for a moment.

Jiyong spends the entire day with walking and walking. The sun was already sinking down and moon has greeted on top of the sky. The wind was getting rather chilly and it seemed like his sweater was made out of thin fabrics because Jiyong shuddered under the cold night. His feet turned numb from all of the walking and therefore his tracks stopped.

By the time he realized, Jiyong was already arrived at the long forgotten club. The club which he used to visit but not anymore: The Mist. His eyes blinked once, twice because the alphabets only just did sink in his brain. Jiyong groaned involuntarily. Why is he here now? How did he end up here?

It hasn’t changed from the last time he saw it. Still the same. There are still people hanging around in front of the club, bunch groups of men usually, knocking off themselves with alcohol. Memories rewinds in the back of his mind, his lips twitched. Laughter roared heartily as a group of teenagers walked passed him.

Within a swift, his heart stopped.

The moment he scanned through their faces, pink colours emerged on his cheek after he finds himself staring on the handsome boy. Choi Seunghyun. He was there, standing amongst them with a small smile. Jiyong pulled down his beanie further so it covers half of his face and moves to hide behind an alley.

His stomach flipped upside down. Jiyong couldn’t believe himself, he almost forgets about the kiss, the fleeting touches burning on his skin, the sweet smoky scent and the unexpected confession.

“What is he doing here?”

Sneakily, he peeked out and gaped when Choi Seunghyun entered the club without any difficulty. It seemed like he was a regular customer and Jiyong scoffed at the information. He never expects anything good from a troublemaker like him but still he found it hard to believe. A student manages to break into one of the famous club without getting kick on his nuts. Unbelievable. Maybe Jiyong used to visit the club but of course with a help of someone. Jiyong quirked his eyebrow and knocked a fist to his head.

“God damn it. What the hell am I doing?” suddenly felt like a creepy stalker.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? The son of a , Kwon Jiyong” his body was roughly pushed around, knocking his head on the wall at the side. His eyes widened and hearts hammering in his ribcage. A group consists of five people are now surrounding him, smirks plastering and Jiyong flinched. He knew that making a visit here is a mistake. Definitely.

“L-lee Jae Hyuk”

“Long time no see, Jiyong” a tall guy with a red hair neared him carefully and took a step in front, facing Jiyong himself.

“Don’t call me with that filthy mouth of yours” Jiyong spats bitterly and a hand roughly smacked his cheek, moving down quickly to curl around neck, thumb digging into the skin. He could feel himself trembling, was not sure whether on the cold weather or because of scared.

“My oh my. Isn’t that a little inconvenient for a greeting. Especially, to someone who incredibly misses you” Without even a warning, the guy hissed and clutched deeper on his neck to make sure this man in front of him is having difficulty to breath. Jiyong tried to fight, nudging him off but it is indeed obvious that he is much stronger than him based on physical.

“F-er. L-let me go” he choked out. Jiyong tried to swing a leg to his shin but failed miserably.

A hand was clasped to Jiyong’s mouth along with a dirty smirk was plastered on Lee Jae Hyuk’s face. Brown coffee eyes dilated, completely taken by surprise from the sudden action.  Jiyong was out of breath, wriggling left and right. His throat burnt and his chest dangerously tightens.

“You should’ve used this sweet mouth of yours for other things instead of cursing. Don’t you agree with me, guys?” the others were nodding and cracked a faint laugh, responding to Lee Hyuk Jae. Jiyong’s limp arms dropped to his sides, choosing to give up rather than fighting any further. Taking the cue from stilled body, Jae Hyuk smiled evilly when Jiyong’s face turned red.

“Maybe you should learn how to use those lips from your mom, Jiyong. I’m sure you could be a better with your pretty face and I will gladly be your first customer”

And once the last word ended, his fist loosened, letting go the small body so it fell on the ground. Landing carelessly on his fragile legs, his dropped on the hard surface while coughing non-stop. Jiyong grabbed his neck, trying to steady his ragged breathing. Jae Hyuk swatted down to his level.

“What do you say, little er?” and a firm grasp of fist harshly yanked his hair backwards causing him to choke on his saliva. . It had made him to stay alert and eyes were fluttering open yet another part of him was about to fall apart. A warm breathe neared his face and those eyes were staring at his parted lips so he turned away. Lips end up faintly brushing against his cheek.

He can’t. He couldn’t let this jerk have his way with him. Jiyong still could bear with him being beaten badly and insults shoved onto his face many times yet this one is definitely cross the line.

Where was he when I needed him?

Jiyong could hear his neck snapped as Jae Hyuk forcefully pulled him to face forward.

“You wouldn’t want to see me angry, Kwon Jiyong” there was no longer amusement in his hoarse voice and instantly he flinched.

Nevertheless, he buried down his fear and boldly spits towards Jae Hyuk. A smirk creeps on his face and Jae Hyuk’s friends gasped in horror at the horrible sight. Kwon Jiyong is not going to back down like he used to, he’s going to fight for his dignity no matter what will cost him. Jiyong was about to smile for his victory until his body was knocked down against the cold tar caused him to hiss aloud.

“Boys! Grab him” Jiyong tried very hard wriggling his way under the bulk body yet with many people holding him in a place, it successfully drained out his energy. The moment Jae Hyuk grabbed onto his jaws, Jiyong pursed his lips a thin line, knowing what exactly the guy was aiming for.

“I expected a better answer from a clever student like you, Jiyong. Look at you now, helpless and nowhere to run. I’ve warned you not to mess with me, didn’t I?”

There were dirty touches on his body, groping, and Jiyong closed his eyes because he could feel a heat was burning at the back of his lid. Tears are threatening to fall. Sounds of belt unbuckled made him shrinking to the core. Rough sloppy kiss on his neck made him unconsciously moaned and he could imagine Jae Hyuk smirking.

Dongwook hyung, help—

“What the are you guys doing at my place?”

The guys went stiff and Jae Hyuk immediately gets up from him, coughing a faint laugh. Grips of hands around his body were snatched away and Jiyong sighed, silently thanked for the guy’s presence. He brought an arm over his forehead. His body is sore, tired and extremely exhausted and there was haze, whirling his mind.

“Nothing. We’re just playing around. No big deal. Does it, Jiyong?” with that he shook his head vigorously. He’s not going to risk someone’s life for him. Also, considering the consequences would cost him, tremor ran through his body at the thought.

“Are you sure, Kwon?” Jiyong’s eyes snapped open. The deep voice is no doubt belongs to-

“Relax, Seunghyun. Now, now. Let’s enjoy the party. Come on guys! Oh wait-” Jae Hyuk paused.

“Don’t worry, Jiyong. I’ll make sure we meet again to finish our game” Then he laughed his off altogether with his gang, entering the club, leaving Jiyong cold on the ground alone with Choi Seunghyun.

Jiyong propped up his elbow and slowly sits up, slightly groaning when he felt his head throbbing. A pair of canvas shoes settled infront of him and he trembled. Jiyong lets his bangs covered his eyes as he busily brushes down dirt off his clothes with shame filled him. Why was Choi Seunghyun always there when he was helpless? This is embarrassing, he thought.

Reaching for his beanie at his side, Jiyong feebly pulled on his sweater to cover his shoulder from Seunghyun’s eyes. He figured the guy must have been boring a hole on his face right now. Well, the sight of him must have rather looked quite amusing, bitterly he scoffed on his assumption. Gosh, he needs to fade away right now and so Jiyong ran hands through locks of his messy hair, forcing his body to crawl and stood on his wobbly feet. Heavily lost in daze, Jiyong was a bit surprised that he didn’t fall on his at his attempt walking a step forward.

“You could’ve called out for a help” a hand circled around his arm but was swiftly jerked away.

Seunghyun never thought he would meet the boy in such terms. Not after how Jiyong disappeared after the kiss. Heavy breathing, scratches on his neck and some were still fresh with bloods, busted plump lips and bruises were marking on the pale skin of him; Seunghyun felt his heart dropped to the pit.

It surprisingly made him uncomfortable.

Intense atmosphere draped over them both. The bruised boy was staring on his feet so Seunghyun had to cup his cheek when he failed to reach his gaze. The brokenness in Jiyong’s dark pupils tells so much yet he still couldn’t grasp any. He looked like he was about break apart. The short one backed away, self-concious.

“I don’t need help and I certainly don’t need you” Jiyong put on his beanie, covering half of his face and ears.

“Oh yeah. I absolutely can see you’re not being molested by those guys” Seunghyun’s argument made him glares. The brunette weakly darted his eyes around to find the guy was gazing on him. He was taken by a surprise.

His icily eyes greeted him. Seunghyun’s body looked masculine, leather jacket along with v-neck black shirt matched with skinny jeans. No doubt, he was struck by his handsomeness. The eyes began to pool with tears, hands gripping tight on his shirt. Jiyong’s cheeks were flushed when Seunghyun gave a slight a scoff. He was disgusted, Jiyong felt his heart breaks.

"You're annoying"

“And you’re impossible”, Seunghyun said tiredly, finally figured an answer why he’s always frustrated when he thought of Kwon Jiyong.

Kwon Jiyong is too complicated for him to read.

The boy blinked hard and saw Seunghyun was already turning his heels with his back facing him. An abject misery shot across his chest and everything around him seemed to fall away. He’s going to be left alone again—Raw of emotions hit him in the guts with sorrow constricting in his throat.

“D-don’t leave—please”

But Jiyong was already left there alone in cold under the dark skies, standing still in the middle of the alley. How lovely.

 

 

_______________________________________________________