Chapter 8

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

“Hay, ang sarap, busog na busog ako.” Kim with her hands on her tummy.

“Oo nga, ako rin.” Gerald seconded the motion.

“Ahmm.. Akyat muna tayo saglit, ay ako pala, need to freshen up, my poise has gone with the wind.” She smiled and went up.

Kim wore her favorite perfume, retouched her make up, and boom! She is as fresh as new. “So, wanna go swimming?” she texted Gerald.

“Sure, I'll wait for you in the lobby.”

The two are enjoying each other so much as friends, though they started as haters, each one’s strategy worked well.

Kim’s fone rang, it is her BFF, Aprille, a ramp model whose friends with Kim since high school. “Hey girl! I heard you’re here in the PHL?”

“Yup, kanina lang, what’s up? Party?”

“Why didn’t you text me? Where are you? I am going to a luau party later a Sofitel, I have invites, you should come with me, lots of hot guys will be there too.”

“Really? I am here at Sofitel already, dito ko tumuloy ‘coz I found home a boring one, and ohh.. I am with somebody.” She replies naughtily.

“Oh, you must be kidding!  Don’t tell me you got over Bryan already? After 8 months? Well I should meet the newest lucky guy.”

“No, I am still single, I am just playing around, you know. Besides, he’s cool, he’s so gwapo! But he’s getting married soon, I’ll tell you more later, I have to go, pool is waiting for me, talk to you later sis! Hugs.“

Aprille, rolled her eyes. “Hmm.. Fine! Enjoy!”

 

****

 

Kim walks to the hallway of the lobby, Gerald was at the reception booth, as he saw Kim walking through the narrow edges of the walls, her dress blew by the wind revealing her milky white long legs and her hair that waves to the tune of Gerald’s fast beating heart.

“Huy!” Kim clicks her fingers at Gerald’s face. “Baka mahipan ka ng hangin san ka ba nakatitig?”

“Oh nevermind, come on.”

They found a perfect spot to view the sunset, they sat inside the nippa hut, Kim puts on sunblock with Gerald’s eyes on her. Kim has been always aware of his stares but she chose to ignore it, finding herself attracted is not even new to her, she is very used to it.

“Buti wala gaanong tao anu, weekday kasi eh.” Kim says with her eyes roaming around the resort.

“Lika na.” Gerald says holding her hand.

As Gerald held her by the waist to lead her to the pool, Kim felt a very unusual magical feeling, feels like there are wind chimes all over them. They made the scenario even perfect.

Kim removed her crocheted top and uncloaked her red strapless bathing suit, Gerald was astonished by her presence.

“Brrr.. Ang lamig. Pero ang sarap.” Kim played the water. She toss it through Gerald’s face and they took turns.

“Race tayo!” Gerald dares.

“Oo bah! Pag nanalo ko, libre mo ang dinner, pag nanalo ka, ako ang taya.”

“Deal!”

After a minute and a half, Kim won. “Ahahaha.. Pano ba yan?!” she teases Gerald. “Kasi naman, 6 years old pa lang kaya ko swimmer na ko, tapos ako pa yung chinallenge mo.” She laughs tickling him on his ears.

“Kaya naman pala nalugi ako, pero sige, deal is a deal.”

They splash water at each other, enjoying every moment. Gerald laid down the pool’s curb and Kim followed her. “Tired?” Kim asks.

Gerald looked into her eyes, “Thank you. I have never enjoyed my life like this before, I know this is just a simple swim on the pool, but being with you made it perfect. Tama ka, I need this for myself, bago man lang ako magpatali.” He laughs.

“Asus, nagdrama pa daw, eh nagkataon lang na libre ka, at libre ako at dito ko mag check in, e di ayan. Nageenjoy naman tayo.”

They hang their arms at the pool’s curb and watched the sunset together. When a bunch of kids interrupted, “Uii.. magkikiss na yan.” Laughs.

Kim blushed, “Psst. Mga bata ah. Kayo talaga, magkapatid kaya kami, kuya ko yan.”

The children proceeded swimming, “Anong kapatid ka jan? Kung kapatid kita ang sakit na ng ulo ko lagi.” He kids.

“Ah ganoon?!” Kim pinched his waist hardly.

“Sakit naman nun, para binibiro lang eh. Teka, parang gutom na naman ako.”

“Oo nga ako rin, I think I want to have banana split.” Kim adds.

“That’s a great idea.”

 

***

 

“Mmmm.. Ang sarap, bagay na bagay sa outfit ko. Haha.” Kim laughs.

“Ice cream that suits a dress? Silly.”

“Heh! Nakikielam ka na naman dyan, kumain ka na nga lang, baka mainis mo pa ko.” Kim retorts. “Ui oo nga pala, my friend Aprille will be joining us later and she wants me to come with her at the party that will be held here after dinner, join us! It is a part of my task.” She winks.