Chapter 14

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

The next morning, Gerald woke up with an unexplainable grin on his face, he recalled the feeling of Kim’s soft lips. “Only if she did not run away that fast, maybe I would hug her and tell her that she completes me.” He told his self.

Gerald took a shower and dressed up. He first thought of sending Kim a message but he hesitated. He decided to drop by at Kim’s room to invite her for breakfast. When he is about to knock, he noticed the bellboy coming out from Kim’s room, “Excuse me? Where’s the girl checked in here?” he asks.

“Uhm sir, I think they just checked out. We usually clean and change the blankets when the rooms are vacant.”

“Ok thanks.”

Gerald felt sad realizing that Kim was gone. He dialed her number, but she is not answering.

 

 

“Kim, nakausap mo ba ang Lolo Daddy mo?” Yaya Elvie asks.

“No, not yet. Why?” Kim says while kissing Conchita, her pet dog.

“Tumawag kasi sya noong makalawa, ang sabi kung pwede doon ka muna sa kanila kasi namimiss ka daw ng Mamita mo.”

“So they are here already. I thought they are coming back sa katapusan pa. Okay, maybe day after tomorrow, I will get them visited.”

Kim paused for a while and stared out the window, she remember leaving Gerald without any goodbyes and felt sorry about the kiss, she wants to text him but her mind tells her not to and that it is improper for now.

“Yaya, did mom and dad call to check me?”

Elvie at first did not want to answer Kim but she was force, “Hindi pa anak eh, busy pa siguro.”

Kim leaned back and felt wasted again. She is not seeing them for weeks, she expects that they might call or send her a message instead, but her parents made none of it. Behind that delightful aura of Kim that can make anybody smile, there is a hidden patch of loneliness in her heart.

Kim search for her phone in her bag, and found three missed calls from Gerald and a text message, “Bigla ka nawala. Sorry about last nightJ Hope to see you again. Please do not forget our dinner with Mom and Dad, thanks a lot Kim, I enjoyed your company.”

After reading his message, Kim smiled looking back at their moments from the plane to the hotel, and she replied, “No problem. Okay see you Friday.”

 

Gerald packed his things and told his driver to pick him at the hotel before lunchtime. He is about to enter the world. He will manage their business. His parents are part owners of a huge department store chain and his Dad assigned him to take charge of the Manila branch. He knows how to run a business well, after all, he finished his business course at Florida’s top Business Management University, and after graduating he trained in their USA branch and ended up being its manager.

 

“Mom, I am on my way. Are you home?”

“Yes honey, we are home. Tell Edwin to drive safely, see yah!”

“Sizzie!!! I am home. Kararating ko lang dito sa condo. Punta ka naman dito oh.” Kim with Aprille on the phone.

“Hay nako mare, sorry pero I promised Tyron that we will watch a movie later.”

“Maybe I can join you guys?” she asks.

“Of course not! Gusto mo bang ma OP. hahaha.” She kids. “Oh sige pero gusto ko kasama si Gerald.” She adds.

“Are you crazy? I am home, at siguro sya rin. Ayoko nga ayain yun at baka mag assume.” Kim says.

“Ewan ko sayo bahala ka. Basta you can only join us if you will invite him.” Aprille naughtily says.

“Fine. I will just have my DVD marathon at home. Napakasweet mo talagang bestfriend.”

“Who was that?” Tyron asks.

“Kim. Pinapupunta ako sa kanila. Sabi ko I cannot. Then she asked if she could come with us, sabi ko only if she will come with a guy.” She laughs.

“Hay. Kayo talagang girls. Sana pinasama mo na kawawa naman.”

“Eh okay lang naman talaga sakin eh. Pero gusto ko kasama si Gerald, kasi I have this feeling na kailangan pang itulak ni Kim para i-pursue yung feelings nya kay Gerald. Alam mo yun, I can read her heart na interisado sya sa lalaking yun. I am just trying to help.”