Chapter 10

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

Morning is here, Kim woke up feeling dizzy, she feels like the room is moving, she didn’t notice that she was on the wrong bed, hotel rooms don’t differ sometimes. Four steps away from the bed, slowly heading her way to the bathroom, she stepped on something, Gerald’s feet. Kim fell out of balance, she laid on top on Gerald making him awake.

Kim opened her eyes slowly, and taken aback seeing Gerald under her, without making any move, “What are you doing here?” she says in horror.

Gerald sniffed, “Ano ba yan ang asim mo.” His brows frowned smelling Kim’s dress with vomit stains.

Kim became aware of her smell, and stood up. “Sorry.” Blushed. “Excuse me."

Kim headed to the bathroom to clean up, “Where did you put my bag? I left it here yesterday.” She screamed.

“Excuse me miss, you are on my room, you ended up being drunk last night, I cannot find your key that’s why I brought you here.” He mutters.

Kim panicked hearing Gerald say it. “What did you do to me?” she utters.

“Hay nako, baka nga ikaw pa ang may gawin sakin kung nagkataon eh.” He kids

“Tseh!” Kim went back to her room.

“O teka teka sandali, lalabas ka ng ganyan itsura mo? Ang asim mo amoy suka ka, mamaya may masalubong ka jan nakakahiya. Sasakay ka pa ng lift.”

She realized he is right. “Eh what should I do?” she asks.

“Take a bath, I let you wear my shirt, tapos saka ka bumaba.”

Kim obeyed without any choice. As she stares in the mirror, the smile on her face cannot be erased, recalling the fact that they slept at one room.

In the midst of examining her self, Gerald interrupted, “Open the door, here’s my shirt.” His arms on the door left ajar.

She grabbed the shirt rapidly to secure her body. “Thank you.”

After bathing, it is Gerald’s turn to freshen up. “Let’s have breakfast after I shower.”

Kim answered in low tone still in shame because of last night. “Okay.”

“Thanks for saving me last night, I owe you big time.” She gave him a kiss on the cheeks before leaving.

Gerald blushed and smiled.

 

She went back to her room to change her outfit. She picked out a plain red shirt and tucked it inside her skintight jeans matching her silver wedges. She styled her hair, clip it to a chignon, light make up and baby cologne completed her groom.

 

Gerald on his room, wore a denim short pants, and a white polo shirt, leather wrist watch and a hot orange slippers made him look hotter than ever.

 

He texted Kim to say that is ready. They took the lift together, Kim still in silent mood.

“Aren’t you feeling well?” he asks.

“I am okay, gutom lang to. O hang over.” She smiles. “By the way, it is your last day here?”

“I don’t know, I am waiting for mom’s go signal, they are in Sagada since Friday, they invited me but I said I have some things to do here. I think they are coming back tomorrow.”

“And where’s your fiancé?

“I have no idea.” He shrugs.

 

Kim was first in the line on the buffet table followed by Gerald. She got some bacon soup, hot pandesal, salami, and requested a glass of milk, while Gerald picked tomato and cheese omelet, fried rice and a cup of brewed coffee.

“Can you remember what had happened last night?” he asks.

“We were dancing, right?”

“Then?” he adds.

“Ahmm.. I remember Aprille went home early, that’s it.”

“That’s all? What about in my room? What can you remember?” he utters.

“I am sorry, I cannot remember anything, ni mo ko?” she laughs.

“That’s unthinkable Alam mo ba, sinukahan mo na naman ako.”

“Really? I did not know that. I am so sorry, I know you understand.” She says.

“I don’t have any choice.” He hastily says. “Are you leaving today?”

“No, I will stay here until Sunday night while planning.”

“Planning what?”

“What to do, I miss my puppy. I have puppy named Conchita, she is a Chihuahua. She is so lovable.”

“Where did you leave her?” he asks.

“ Sa yaya ko.”

"Oh I see, you are a pet lover?”

“Not much, pag cute lang.” she smiles.

 

After consuming their food, Kim felt unsatisfied, she stood up to get some desert. “Gusto mo rin?” she asks.

“No, I am okay.”

 

By the time Kim left, Gerald’s eyes roamed around the area, he saw her mom coming, with a girl. To his surprise, he stood up making her mom see him easily.

 

“Son, you are here. I am about to call you.” She gave him a big hug and a kiss. “Meet Pamela, your fiancé.” Mom smiles.

Gerald and Pamela shook hands. He found the girl ugly. Pamela is a half-Filipina, half-Indian. She is dark, tall, has pointed nose, and doesn’t look as tidy as Kim does.

“So you are Gerald, nice meeting you. How’s the PHL so far?” Pamela says.

“Fine, so far, so good.”


Kim finished getting her food, as she approach them, Gerald anchored his arms around her and squeezed her. “Mom, meet Kim, my girlfriend.” He smiled at Kim trying to tell her to ride on.

“You must be kidding.” Pamela hastily says end excused herself.

“Son? What are you trying to say?”

“Mom, it is a very long story, I have told you I have something to fix here, and this is it. Let’s talk more about it later. Let us finish our food.”

“Geraldo! This is no good, I’ll tell your daddy about this.” Mom’s eyes squinted and followed Pamela outside.

 

Gerald felt a pang of relief, he sighed, drinks a glass of water and took a seat. Kim still in horror. “Huy! Anong pakulo yan? Nasisiraan ka na ba ng bait ha?”

“Teka lang, hinay hinay. Alam mo ba ang pinakaayaw kong babae? Yung untidy, maitim, at matangkad pa sa akin.” He says with blown eyes.

“Eh ano naman business ko sa mga tipo mo? I have warned you before na pag isipan muna to, tapos akong aabalahin mo, pano yan ngayon pag kinausap ako ng mommy mo, Gerald naman.” She utters almost in tears.

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to them agad, sa ngayon, ganito na lang muna please.”

 

Kim felt she has nothing to do but to help him. So she agreed.