Chapter 2

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

"No!!!!!!!!!!" Kim freaked out, everybody was surprised. God she was dreaming, she caught everybody's attention, Gerald jumps a bit in surprise too,"What was it?" he taps Kim's arms in tension. "Nothing, thank God it was a dream." she stares at Gerald and burst into laugher. "Why?" he asks horribly. "I dreamt of you." almost giggling. "I dreamt of your wedding day and I saw myself as your bride." she cannot stop laughing until she saw Gerald felt a bit annoyed. "That is very funny!" she adds. "Can't you just get rid of me? Stay out of me!" he almost shouted at her. "How can I do that? We are still traveling, fool!" she says in great insult. Gerald is really annoyed, he excused his self and headed to the comfort room. "Men! she's a headache! I cannot believe I still have to be with her for 14 more hours." he murmurs. He went back to his seat, and played with his iphone. "You really have a very serious life, don't you?" Kim says again. "Yes I do, everything has to be that way." he adds. "You know, life is great!"

"I know, especially with achievements."

Kim rolled her eyes, "Oh good Lord, why is everything for him is about business, I swear I will never marry a man like him." she told herself. "You said you never had a romantic relationship before? But why?"

Before he could answer Kim added. "It's fun having a girlfriend. Why don't you try it."

He cannot speak, Kim cannot cease , she keeps on teasing him, making him too annoyed, so she started telling him her deepest secrets. "I will tell you my secrets, besides we are strangers." she laughs.

"Uh huh?! How sure are you I am not going to spill it out to anyone?"

"Who cares? As though your friends know me." she says in horror.

"Fine, tell me."

"Wait, don't tell me you never had ?" she naughtily says.

Gerald looked gobsmacked with what he heard and has taken aback, "I told you I have never been into a relationship before, who do you think I am going to have with?"

Kim laughs again, "I knew it, maybe if wasn't because of your fixed marriage, you will enter the seminary." she adds in insult.

"Whatever!" he convicted.

"You know, I had the greatest ever, with my last boyfriend at my grandmother's ancestral house at Cebu. Nobody was there exept her so we took advantage, he was great but I found out he was bull! he two timed me, but it's okay I have moved on, my friends didn't know about that, I told them I had enough that is why we broke up, I don't want them to have pity on me or to think I am a looser."

Gerald nods as though he really doesn't care at all but deep inside he was very turned off, he promised he will never marry a girl like her. "Being too aggressive isn't really cool."

"I know, I am not aggressive, I am adventurous." she smiles.

"Fine, how many times you had your relationship? Does that means if you had 7 boyfriends, you had with all of them?"

"Of course not!" she answers in horror. "I never had with my 1st and 2nd, but the 3rd and the 4th kinda we had about hmmm twice." she blushed.

"You're a beast! that wasn't really a secret."

"Yes it is. Nobody knows it, except you."

"And your partner of course."

"Yeah." she winks at him.

"So, you are not really into working huh?!"

"Why should I? I can buy anything I want, I am contented."

"Don't you like earning all by your self? It feels god, believe me."

"No, I don't think so, I grew up having taken for granted, I was good in elementary school but it was never noticed, I won at the beauty pageant during my high school and again it was never noticed, I graduated college, and it wasn't a big deal, so how sure am I that they can appreciate me if I work hard for my living, that won't make any sense." she mutters.

Gerald knew it, why Kim acts like that, because of her family, she was taken for granted and maybe never loved the way parents should. He decided to treat her nice, finally!

"So, what makes you busy?" he bids.

"Shopping." she smiles naughtily. "There was a time, I invaded mom's room, there I found her Victoria's Secret under garments, and you won't believe this, I have used them without any permission and when she found out that her stuffs are missing, she thought our housemaid was the one responsible for its lost, so they fired her up, that was funny." she laughs.

"You did not even try to admit that you were the one?" he says.

"No, why should I? Nevermind, it happened already." Kim says. "If I am not mistaken, you have spent you life doing all those super perfect things? Have you ever done something wrong?" she adds.

"Of course! I am not perfect. I got my parents disappointed during my younger days when I couldn't acheive the first honor. Sometimes I am the second, or worse, third."

"I am so sorry to say but I found your lifestyle too boring. I bet you don't even drink or go out with your friends until morning, right?"

"I drink, at business parties, but not really until mornings."

Kim cannot really think of something wonderful that they can share with, she had already shared her secrets, asked everything about him but he is really too boring and has no sense of humor at least a drop, and because she is bored, she barely thinks of a plan of getting Gerald into tons of laughter before they could make it to the Philippines.