Chapter 7

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

"For your safety and comfort, we ask that you please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about.

Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought onboard with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight…………………………………….."

The plane is about to land, home sweet home.

 

In the airport, Yaya Elvie and Manong Erwin patiently waited for Kim’s arrival, they are Kim’s nanny and personal driver. “Kamusta bakasyon mo anak?” Yaya asked.

“Okay naman ya, medyo pagod sa byahe, sya nga po pala, sa hotel muna ko magstay mga 1 week, may reservation kasi ako dun last month eh. Paki hatid na lang po sa bahay yung ibang gamit ko. Thanks.” And Erwin picked out the baggage and loaded it into the van.

“Nasa Bangkok ang mommy’t daddy mo, next week pa uuwi, sinabi ko darating ka.” Yaya utters.

Kim did not say anything and told Erwin to drive her to the hotel.

 

“Thank you sir, enjoy your stay!”

Gerald carried his luggage and headed his way to the lift. “6th floor please. Thanks!”

“Kim was right, this is heaven.” He spread the satin sheets that covered the sliding door to view the bay and the hotel’s resort. He sniffed deep breathing as though he did not know something about fresh air ever since.

His fone rings, it’s Kim. “So have you checked in?”

“Yup, I am on my room now, room 609.”

“That’s great! I am on the 5th floor, see you later at lunch.”

 

Gerald unloaded some of his things, placed everything in order, 2 pairs shoes, shirts, board shorts, underwear, and toiletries. Kim on the other hand just let her clothes into the baggage and just picked out what she needs, she is now preparing for their lunch.

She took a warm bath from the Jacuzzi for an hour to relax, after that, she picks out her orange tangy cotton ankle high summer dress, with haltered straps, puts in over sized shades, and a beach slippers that suits her outfit. Grabbed her fone and dialed Gerald’s number but found it busy.

 

“Okay mom, I will see you in three days, I will just stay here first while you are on your vacation, take care.” He hangs the fone up and texted Kim.

“Ready?”

He went down at Kim’s floor, knocked at the door and to his surprise seeing Kim in her summer aura made him look even hotter in his blue board shorts printed with huge yellow flowers that matches his yellow polo with buttons left open revealing his white sando that covers his oh-so-hot muscles.

“Game?” Gerald offered his arm and let Kim wrap hers around it.

 

(At the lift)

 

“Sagot mo ko ah?” he says.

“Ibig sabihin yayariin mo ang credit card ko?” Kim rolled her eyes.

“Nah! Don’t get me wrong, I mean, sagot mo ko, you should make my last few days as a bachelor the greatest time of my life.” He smiles.

“Sure! Count on me!”

“So, what are your plans?” Gerald asks.

“Relax ka lang, basta sundin mo ko, tutal nagtiwala ka na rin lang naman eh lubusin mo na.” she gave him a cute wink.

Gerald pulled a chair and let Kim sit in. The lady gave the menu.

“I want seafood, I have missed eating them at the states, I will have crab soup, garlic and shrimp pizza, lobster, and ooh please, mozzarella sticks for appetizer. Thanks.”

“Are you sure you still need an appetizer? He smiles. “You can eat all that?”

“Yes, we can share! Now, you choose.” Kim replies.

“K. I’ll have water please.”

“Anong water ka jan? Sa dami ng inorder ko water lang sayo?” Kim smirked.

“I’m just kidding. Okay, let me have creamy chicken pasta, Caesar salad and a glass of white wine.”  He adds. “Anything to drink, Kim?”

“Give me watermelon juice.”