Chapter 4

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

Few hours were left, they have to stop over and transfer to another plane. Kim was followed by Gerald through the plane hallway, heading out. Kim carries a handbag, a laptop, and another bag of accessories, while Gerald only hands one clutch bag, he saw her uneasy and decided to help her, "No, it's okay, go on." she resists. "It'll be fine, come on." Gerald get the bag full of accessories. "Is this all yours? You spend your money with all these?" he retorts. "You can never understand, I am a girl." she smiles.

After all the transferring, finally they got back to the plane. They still sat beside each other. Kim is about to dig in to her yogurt, she offers Gerald to have some, "No thanks, but I don't eat or drink yogurt, it's sour."

"Oh I see, here, I bought some happy hormones booster, get some." Kim gave him a box of chocolates and let him pick. "Thanks."

Chocolates according to studies, release dopamine that brings out happy hormones. Guess Kim found her way to make Gerald feel happy:)

"You want more?"

"No, I'm okay, baka mamaya may gayuma pa yan eh." he laughs. "Joke lang."

Kim looked up as though thanking the Lord that finally he cracked a joke. Chocolates really do well.

"Oh.. I'm tired sitting here." she hastily says.

"Kakaupo lang natin ah?" he adds.

"Gusto ko na bumaba." and she pouted like a child.

Feels like they are having a great time now than before, they can talk without shouting at each other and their topics are IN. Kim opened a bag of peanuts, "You will eat again?" he bids.

"I'm bored, I usually eat when I am." she smiles. "You want?"

"No thanks."

While Kim digs in to her food, she asked Gerald, "Have you ever cried? Not as a child, but as a man."

"I know I did, but I cannot remember why." he smiles.

"Ui, napapadalas yung smile nya." she tickles his dimples.

Gerald did not reacted, he stared at Kim for about 3 seconds as a response.

"You look cooler when smiling, keep it up." and she gave him a cute wink.

Gerald stares at the window, when he was noticed by Kim, "Huy! emote?"

"Nah, I am crapped by tons of works to do pag baba natin dito. Ooh I wish dito na lang ako, no pressures, air pressure lang." he smiles.

"Are you insane? Anung dito na lang? Eh maloloka na nga ko dito tapos ikaw gusto mo pa magstay." she says in horror.

"I just felt much better staying like this, you can never imagine how much responsibilities I have to carry once I am out of this plane."

"I knew it! After landing, I will stay at the most wonderful hotel in Manila, you should come with me, I guarantee, you will feel nothing but joy. Besides, you are getting married soon, you can live single life first to the fullest, being a husband is a greater responsibility you know."

"I know, that is why I feel like backing out." he kids.

"I have a confession to make, meeting you doesn't seem to be an extravagance, but as much as I don't want to admit, you brought me sunshine, though you annoyed me a lot of times, you really made this worthwhile. You were a disaster, but you made me smile, I have never smiled in front of a girl because of fun. Ui kinikilig yan..." he kids.

"Sus, sabi ko na nga ba kunware ka pa pero type mo ko." she laughs.

"Oh don't get me wrong."

"Oh sure! So, what? Are you coming with me?" she adds.

"I'll think about it."

"Alam mo, hindi naman talaga ko rebelde eh, sa katunayan nga, I joined charity programs, kasi yung mommy ko laking kumbento kaya marami syang friends na madre, kaya minsan, tumutulong ako sa kanila. But you know what makes me hurt, it was never appreciated, yung mga madre siguro oo, masaya sila lagi makita ako, but when it comes to my parents, it feels like everything I do is incomplete, parang kahit anong gawin ko hindi naman nila ikakatuwa. Yung ibang tao, ang dali nila ko i-judge, because of my lifestyle, they see me as a spoiled, rich party girl, I admit, oo, mahilig akong gumimik, pa easy easy, pero hindi naman basehan yun para masabi nilang hindi ka mabuting tao di ba." Kim mutters.

"I understand you." he smiles. "Just do whatever makes you happy, do it right, do it wrong, they are still going to talk behind your back." he adds.

"I know, I know enough of that, this world is such a cruel place, that's why I am living it to the fullest, be happy, smile! Kaya ikaw, I hope you won't get offended ah, pero I think you should think of your decision of agreeing to marry a stranger as many times as you can before pursuing it, alam mo mahal magpakasal, mas mahal magpaannul." she laughs.

"I have told you I owe my parents too much to refuse, feeling ko pag tumanggi ako sa gusto nila, all my hardships and efforts would be taken for granted."

"Pero hindi mo ba naisip na baka nila naisipan na mag desisyon para sa puso mo ay dahil gusto na nila maging stable ka and they want to see grandchildren running around them, baka naiinip sila that's why they came up with that plan." Kim retorts.

"I guess, baka nga. Intay na lang natin kung anong mangyayari next days. Then I'll let you know." he hastily says.

"Oh, wag mo ko kakalimutan imbitahin ah, kundi mag gate crash ako." she laughs.

"Ayoko nga, baka sumuka ka pa dun." he naughtily adds. "Biro lang, oo sige ba."