Chapter 21

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

It’s Gerald’s first day of work, and he is looking forward to meet good people inside and out of their company. He arrived just in time as always, staring merely at his new office work table, his new coffee nook, new chair and new employees. His Dad came together with some of his staffs and introduces them again one by one, to his surprise, he saw Pamela standing at the back, and before he could say a word, “Son, Pamela is going to train here in our company, I hope you two couldn’t have that awkward moments, be professional.”

“Oh yes, Dad of course.” Sighed.

Everyone resumed working, Gerald reviewed some of the company’s background when he remembered to send Kim a message. “Goodmorning sweetie.”

After sending the message he asked Jona to give him a cup of coffee, but Pamela was the one who delivered it to him. “How are you?” she says.

“Good. I’m still adjusting. This is a bit different.”

“Oh I see, I am feeling the same way too, honestly.”

Gerald tried to change the topic into a more business-like conversation, he doesn’t want to add tension between him and Pamela just because of what happened to them months ago. He shrugs off and checked his phone for Kim’s reply but found nothing. He is trying to escape Pamela’s eyes when he heard a knock from the door, it was Kim! She was a total shocked seeing Pamela in front of her boyfriend’s table. “Ooops.. Sorry. Your secretary was not in her desk so I just decided to enter your room but it seems like you two are having a much serious talk so I guess I’d better excuse myself. See you later Ge.” Kim says sarcastically.

“No, no, no. Kim wait.” Gerald stood up.

“It’s okay sweetie, go on. I’ll have my breakfast first.” Kim hastily says.

“I’m sorry Kim, don’t get this wrong.” Pamela adds.

“Of course not. I’ll be fine.” Kim went out the door and get down the stairs to have some air to breath.

“Excuse me, Pamela. I have to follow her.”

“Yeah sure.” She says with a hidden devilish smile.

 

Gerald followed Kim downstairs, he looked for her in the coffee shop but she wasn’t there, he found her car and saw her staring at nowhere, he knocked on the left door, “Kim! Open the door.”

Kim squinted and ignored him but he was too eager to tap the windows hardly so she had nothing to do but open it to avoid morning scandals.

“What? I’ll drive my way home. Don’t mind me. Go back to your freakin’ staff!!!”

“Let me get this straight, you are jealous! I am telling you, that was nothing.”

“No, you get me straight. I woke up very early and prepared myself to have a surprise visit to the man I love because it his first day at work and have breakfast with him and guess what! I saw him with his ‘ex-fiancé’ inside his office! What a pleasant surprise to start my week right!”

“Babe, stop it. We are doing nothing. She just brought me coffee, that’s it!”

“Oh wow! How sweet of her. Fine! What the hell is she doing at your office?”

“She’ll have her training there. So I guess I really have to deal with her professionally, and besides we have nothing between us.”

“What??? You will be working in the same company! That’s insane! Does that mean that we have to argue everytime you go to work? Oh come on Gerald! This is torture!”

Gerald held her face, “Baby, you have nothing to worry about.”

Kim let go of his hands and say, “Let’s just talk some other time. My day’s ruined. I’m trying to make my week enjoyable, but look, it’s Monday and I freaked out. I am hungry, let me go. You go back to work. Please. I cannot talk properly at this time. We will just argue and argue again and again.”

Gerald knows her a lot, she won’t talk about things when she’s not in the mood, “I’ll see you later. I am sorry, I love you.” He cajoled her face and gave her a smack with her brows still crossed.

Gerald went back to his office, losing his focus, he grabbed the stress ball and thinks of a way how to make it to Kim, “It shouldn’t be a big deal to her. God! She acts so childish. Please help me to handle her.” He told himself.

 

Kim was very upset in what had happened, she cannot get rid of jealousy. Whenever she feels jealous, she feels a bit deprived too. She arrived home fast, she went back to bed with the entire frown. “What happened?” Elvie asks.

“Nothing. I don’t want to accept calls and let nobody in, I don’t want any visitors.” She shut the door and laid down her bed.

 

Kim fell asleep for 5 long hours. She woke up late in the afternoon, hearing those crumbs from her tummy, she is too hungry. She went out her room and asked Elvie for something to eat.

 

Gerald on the other hand, suddenly forgot about Kim and focused on his work, but after all those stressful meetings, he decided to drop by at Kim’s unit.

 

He was standing at the condominium’s lobby while waiting for Kim’s go signal to let him in.

“Hello? Ms. Kim?” The receptionist asks.

“This is Elvie.”

“Ah, Ma’am. Are you expecting Mr. Anderson to have a visit?”

Elvie asked Kim if she’ll let him in but she said NO!

“Sorry Sir Gerald, but Ms. Chiu is not allowing you to get in.”

“Can I speak to Yaya Elvie please?”

The lady gave the phone to him, “Yaya, I want to talk to Kim personally, please let me in. Sagot kita sa kanya. I promise! I just need this time to talk to her.”

 

Elvie is too considerate that’s why she let Gerald in. She knows the guy well so she did not even hesitate.

 

 

“I am not sure if she is sleeping, she just finished eating her super late lunch and went back to her room 2 hours ago. Ano bang nangyari? 6am pa lang gising na sya ang layo sa 10am na kadalasang oras ng gising nya. Sabi ko ipag prepare ko sya muna ng almusal pero ‘wag na daw. Akala ko magjogging sa park pero hindi naman naka suot pang jogging. Tapos maya maya dumating na, nakasimangot, nagdadabog. Ayaw daw nya tumanggap ng tawag at bisita. Ayun nakatulog. Paggising, nagutom. Kumain. Tapos nagkulong na naman. Ganyan talaga ang batang ‘yan, noon pa man. Hindi naman sya bratt pero sensitive talaga sya.”

 

“Ganon po ba. Nakita nya po kasi kami magkasama ni Pamela eh.”

“Oh kaya naman pala, eh bakit kayo magkasama?”

“Doon po kasi sya nagtatrabaho sa kumpanya namin.”

“Ah, nako problema nga iyan. Masyadong selosa si Kim, minsan unreasonable na. Kung hindi mo iintindihin, mawawala sya talaga sa iyo.”

“I’ll handle the consequence Ya, kausapin ko na lang ho muna.”

“Buti pa nga, sige, katukin mo.”

 

Gerald did not knock on the door but instead he took a peek silently and found her under the pink sheets reading something from her Ipad.

He slowly made it near her, touched the blanket, “Baby?”

By the time Kim heard him say her name, she yelled like a kid, “Yaya Elvie!!! I told you I don’t want anybody in!!!”

“Hey! Hey! Don’t blame Yaya Elvie. We have to talk.”

“No we don’t!

“Yes, we have!”

“Gerald, please, leave me alone!”

“No! Whether you like it or not you have to listen to me.”

Kim tried to ignore him and covered herself with the sheets again, Gerald pulled it and let her face him.

“Look. I’m here to work not to mingle with somebody else from my office. She is nobody. I don’t want you to make this a very big deal,, Kim. Please try to understand. I need you to trust me. You knew this the first time I had a very special relationship with a girl but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to handle issues like this. I love you, only you. Why get jealous? I am not going to tolerate that kind of attitude, I did not do anything wrong, I just need you to understand that everything there is purely for work. And when I am not in the office, I’m yours.”

The last two words tickled Kim’s ears and began to smile.

“Eh kasi naman araw araw sya kasama mo, pano naman ako.” She frowned.

“Paranoid ka lang. Kung gusto mo you stand by my office, be my angel so that I’ll be inspired every minute.”

“Ano ko. Stage girlfriend, ew.”

“Halika nga.”

Gerald pulled her and tickled her nose by his, and then he started to kiss her lips. “I love you.”

 

The steamy night made even better with the passionate kiss they shared, he Kim’s top without letting go of the kiss, ran his palms through her sweet-tempting body, from her nape down to her hips, her hands on his head, trying to control the movement and telling him not to stop.

He held her face still lip locked, went down her chest and saw the pink tips eager to be , knead one after the other while her hands roaming at his back. Without their knowledge,, they were both . He gave her the gentlest that could make her feel that burning sensation all over her body. Her hips follow his move, swing and fro. And after feeling all the pleasure, he paused for awhile, kissed her nose, “I love you for everything, my one and only baby, please don’t let me go.” He says.